[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Download Thief Gold and TFix >Play through the training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 17
File: 20151207120140.png (17 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
20151207120140.png
17 KB, 300x168
>Download Thief Gold and TFix
>Play through the training and first mission
>So far so good
>Interesting world
>Some weird magic technology in one place and some crabs in a secre part of the level
>Level two
>Fucking haunted mines and huge green spiders and zombies and a spooky skelleton that spins its skull at you as if he came straight out of Mickey Mania SNES/PSOne

What the fuck's going on with this game's pacing?
>>
Hahah, it's nothing compared to the rest of the game.

It's still really fucking good
>>
File: Bonehoard_entrance.jpg (68 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Bonehoard_entrance.jpg
68 KB, 1024x768
>>319282517
You've seen nothing.
>>
>>319282517
It only gets crazier from here
>>
>>319282517
thief was scarier than most actual horror games
>>
>>319282517
join us now
>>
File: 1427693345568.jpg (479 KB, 2320x2530) Image search: [Google]
1427693345568.jpg
479 KB, 2320x2530
>>319284502
Join us, Join us, JOIN US NOW
>>
>>319282517
>he hasn't played return to the cathedral yet
>>
>>319282517
Thief 1 is a monster mash. It's fun if you're expecting it but offputting if you aren't.
>>
I'm also at the second level and it doesn't seem that good. I enjoyed the first level well enough but this second level just ain't resonating with me. Is this just a bad level or is this game just not for me?
>>
>>319286198
It always seemed like a fan favorite. Where are you in it?
>>
>>319282517
Supposedly they were worried a game about stealing would never sell on its own, so they threw in combat sections. It ends up pretty schizophrenic. There's a reason 2 is considered the best
>>
>>319286326
It's not like you have to fight but using holy water is so fun I don't know why you wouldn't.
I thought Thief 2 was monotonous without levels like that.
>>
File: thief_2b.jpg (94 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
thief_2b.jpg
94 KB, 800x600
>>
>>319286427
nigga what? thief 2 was the best the series had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avb6xWQ_F8I

don't get me wrong though the first was also fucking great.
>>
Where's that list of good FM missions?
Also, can I run The Dark Mod on a toaster?
>>
I'm not sure why everyone loves Thief. The game is easy as fuck even on the hardest difficulty and has all the problems that every bad stealth game has: guards that can't see 5 feet in front of them.

That said, with the Ultimate Difficulty mod, the game is so much better and ends up being really great.
>>
File: 1448506174164.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1880) Image search: [Google]
1448506174164.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1880
>>319287054
Why is Thief 1 so much scarier than most so called "horror" games?
>>
Just wait till you go to Constantines Mansion or hell the Church level
>>
>>319289160

>Ultimate difficulty mod

Okay, I'm interested.
What does the mod change?
>>
>>319282517
I think the crazier levels were what made Thief Gold, Gold.

i.e. They weren't part of the original release.

I like them, but I understand how people wanted Thief to stay low fantasy.
>>
>>319289174
Because unlike most horror games Garrett can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag so if you're seen by Sanic skeletons you have to hide and hope they don't decimate your asshole.
>>
>>319289652
just gonna copy/paste from the readme

* A lone guard who is alerted and makes a confirmed sighting of Garret, searches for him, and gives up, will run to alert others instead of returning to his regular patrol. After that however, he will resume his patrol.
* The AI vision cones have been completely redesigned to given them better distance vision, a more accurate loss of acuity over distance, and to eliminate Garrets ability to use leaning tricks to blackjack guards while alerted.
* I have heavily modified the dynamics of noise creation as a result of Garrets footsteps. Running on wood and cobblestone now has the potential to alert guards within a few meters. This means you will have to *walk* up behind them for a successful blackjack. Also, creeping on marble, metal, or gravel is actually *quieter* and no longer alerts guards thus eliminating the need to tap the forward key and creep-crouch.
* Garret is now more visible to AIs as the visgem will indicate. To offset this new disadvantage, I have increased the bonus Garret receives for crouching and sticking close to walls.
* Bodies are now MUCH harder to hide. Forget about tossing your victim in a shadowy spot on a well patrolled hall. Only two things may effectively hide a body now: a physical barrier, or an area of nearly absolute darkness.
* The AI have been made faster, especially zombies (who are now a real threat to an experienced player!)
* Residual alertness on guards who have been raised to level 3 now increases their perceptiveness by a considerable margin.
* Yelling made by guards during combat or searching travels further and is heard more easily by other guards.
* Blackjacking someone makes a minor sound disturbance.
* A collapsing body makes a minor sound disturbance. (both of these are not loud enough to alert anyone but simply attract their attention if already alerted and perhaps illicit a "Who's their?"..."Musta been rats.")
>>
>>319289801

I find it amusing how that which you just described is the biggesz problem in modern horror games.
Run 'n' Hide simulators.
>>
>>319289801

That's like every god damn horror game past Amnesia.
>>
>>319290014
>>319290178
Better than lame shooters like Dead Space and FEAR
>>
>>319289801
But he can fight. You have explosive arrows and mines and holy water and a sword and flash bombs (which are devastating vs haunts) and you're agile as fuck. One of the things I liked about Thief is that it doesn't gimp you with shitty controls like a lot of horror games.
>>
>>319289160
It helps that there is a shit ton of fan content accumulated over about two decades which can provide further challenge to experienced players. I don't know of other stealth games which have that.

And there's more to a game than how perceptive the AI is. There's the level design, the story and characters, the setting, music and sound design, the humor, all this stuff that's interwoven in a unique way. Without all that you might as well be sneaking around abstract untextured geometry, and even very impressive mechanics would struggle to make that entertaining.
>>
>>319289801
>Garrett can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag so if you're seen by Sanic skeletons you have to hide and hope they don't decimate your asshole
It's impossible to be more wrong than this.

That game was made so that Garret runs faster than his enemies. As such you can infinitely kite your opponents. Plus if you sneak up behind your opponent you can instantly knock them out or if they're monsters you can just kill them with your sword via backstabs.

I don't think there was a single level in that game where I didn't knock out/murder everything in the level.

Hell, after a while the game stops becoming a stealth game and turns into an action RPG with our Hero Garret slaying hordes of monsters with exploding fire arrows and his magical sword. That was the case in pretty much every mission that didn't have a "don't kill anyone" rule.
>>
>>319289174
Because it's not supposed to be a horror game. You expect a comfy stealing adventure game and suddenly ghosts and skeletons.

Also because it's not linear and not scripted

And Eric Brosius' amazing ambient soundtrack
>>
>>319294212
I think of the blackjack as a difficulty mode as much as a normal weapon.
>>
>>319294212
>I don't think there was a single level in that game where I didn't knock out/murder everything in the level.
>Hell, after a while the game stops becoming a stealth game and turns into an action RPG

You're doing it wrong
>>
>>319294696
How the fuck am I doing it wrong? I did everything efficiently. If you don't know where all the loot is then it's faster to just clear the enitre level of all NPCs and then ransack the place.

Perfect example is the Thieves Guild mission where I ended up spending 20 minutes running around the level trying to find that hidden necklace or whatever it was. It would have taken hours if I had to sneak past everyone.

The game doesn't reward you for avoiding enemies, it rewards you for wiping them all out. If that's wrong then the problem is with the game design, not my decisions as a player.
>>
>>319282517
Yeah, it's a little erratic and off the wall but it's still a good game.
Whatever you do, DON'T skip Thief 2 based on 1.
>>
>>319295058
>If that's wrong then the problem is with the game design, not my decisions as a player.
Yeah, it kinda is the devs fault. How Thieves are supposed to be played and how they're the most fun and rewarding (as a feeling of success, not just numbers on screen and time saved) is not killing or knocking anyone out. In a perfect run you never get caught and no one knows you were in there.

The point of compliting the levels isn't to be as fast as possible and knocking everyone out even though you can do it. There should've been some "Only knock out max 3 guards" objectives or something like the guards wake up in 20 mins and then alerts everyone.

But I hope you're at least playing on Expert.

>Thieves Guild
That's a pretty bullshit level overall. But still you'd probably found the necklace by finding info or eavesdropping instead of just running around trying to look through every room.
>>
>>319282517
Thief thread on /v/, nice. You know not what awaits you OP.

I finished Thief Gold recently and really enjoyed it, the monster segments were definitely the weakest part though.

I hear Thief 2 fixes that, is that true? Also, how's Deadly Shadows compared to the original two?
>>
>>319289752
Thief Gold actually added three full sneaking levels. The Thief Guild, the Mage Guild, and the Cavern, which then becomes the Opera House.
>>
>>319295726
Yeah Thief 2 has no zombies or monsters. It's more about stealing stuff. But it has cameras and mechanical guards.

DS is shit compared to the originals. But it's still an ok Thief game. It has Stephen Russell as Garret, Eric Brosiuses music (best OST from the 3 games imo), some great levels and spooky moments.
But thanks to being an Xbox port it suffers from small levels, loading times everywhere, optional third person camera, shitty menus and GUI and overall buggy gameplay. But luckily most of that has been fixed with the new mods that for example remove the loading screens between some levels
>>
>>319282517
join us, join us, JOIN US NOW
>>
>>319295726
>I hear Thief 2 fixes that, is that true?
It fixes that by completely removing them

>Also, how's Deadly Shadows compared to the original two?
Worse in almost every regard, but at least it ties up Garrett's story
>>
>>319283552
what a cool map
>>
>>319295726
Thief 2 has a lot less monster stuff (there's not level like Bonehoard or Haunted Cathedral). I like that stuff but if you don't then it's a huge improvement.
DS is inferior but worth checking out. Look into the mod that improves controls and loading screens, I forget what it's called.
>>
File: 1367224201892.gif (497 KB, 312x205) Image search: [Google]
1367224201892.gif
497 KB, 312x205
>>319283552
not Constantine's Mansion
Son, I am disappoint
>>
>>319295557
I'm not talking about the main objective. I mean the bonus objective to find the trinket hidden in a secret compartment in that room where the right hand man of one of the bosses has the key.

There's never a single clue about that objective. All you get is "find it". You can't even see the secret compartment unless you're standing against the wall looking down at it or crouching and looking at it. The angle your character looks around while searching that room completely hides the compartment from sight. It was the only time in the entire game where I was pissed at the developers and felt tempted to look up a guide.
>>
File: 1390915487148.jpg (66 KB, 796x593) Image search: [Google]
1390915487148.jpg
66 KB, 796x593
>>319295557
>at least playing on Expert
I like you
>>
>>319282517

At the start of development the game wasnt even intended to be a stealth game. That changed later but some of the levels from back when it was "Dark Camelot" and was focused on sword combat rather than stealth are still in the game.

2 is superior, no question.
>>
>>319295726
>I hear Thief 2 fixes that, is that true? Also, how's Deadly Shadows compared to the original two?

T3 is the best to be honest, but people will always tell you Thief 2 is the best one out of the three because muh notsalgia and muh angel watch rooftop run.

>>319295976
Thief 2 does have hammeritie zombies.

>>319290178
It's not like amnesia, everything on amnesia feels too scripted that it ruins the fun once you learn the predisigned enemy pattern sequences.
>>
>>319289174

>Thief 1
>scary

Nope. It can startle and is atmospheric as hell but it isnt scary.
>>
>>319290178
Amnesia is a linear walking sim, Thief is a semi-open adventure game
>>
>>319296492

Thief 2 is the best, though I enjoyed 3 a great deal even more than 1 Which probably has something to do with the fact that I palyed it with a bunch of fixes that removes those annoying loading screens in levels.
>>
>>319296492

>T3 is the best to be honest, but people will always tell you Thief 2 is the best one out of the three because muh notsalgia and muh angel watch rooftop run.

I feel the same. It's my favorite one though all of them are great.

Everybody whines about loading screens and whatnot but the amount of detail in each level is leagues above the copy paste textures in long hallways of the other games. And some levels like the seaside mansion and the Cradle are fantastic.
>>
>>319296517
>implying that games can be GENUINELY scary

If it can startle and is atmospheric as hell, it's a "scary" game in my opinion.
>>
>>319296492
>nostalgia maymay

No. Even with all the fixes DS is inferior to 2. Not a bad game, but definitely worse in many aspects and it has nothing to do with nostalgia
>>
>all these losers talking about some old crap game and not about amazing thief 2014
>>
>>319282517
What still grinds my gears is that the highest difficulty levels in 1 and 2 have a mandatory no kill condition forced on you and the game just shuts down if you kill anyone, as if the entire universe ends for some reason the moment you draw blood. I want to play with additional objectives and high loot requirements and I obviously try to be sneaky but sometimes it just makes sense to kill someone.
>>
>>319297096
DUDE COCKRINGS LMAO
>>
>>319296816

They can. It just very hard. Cradle level in DS is an example. If you want an example outside of the Thief series (that isnt Silent Hill) CoC: Dark Corners of the Earth, before it turns into a grey shooter a while in, was pretty damn scary imo. Though admittedly I had just gotten into Lovecraft when I played it, so perhaps it was more effective on me, with all the lore fresh in my mind.
>>
File: 1440456064725.png (254 KB, 398x402) Image search: [Google]
1440456064725.png
254 KB, 398x402
>>319297096
what a bunch of fagg4ts lmao
>>
The Sword is hands down the best mission in the entire game.
>>
>>319297283
>sometimes it just makes sense to kill someone.
No it doesn't. You are a thief, not an assassin
>>
>>319297096

>no Stephen Russell

Literally not a Thief game.
>>
File: qPar9B3h.jpg (62 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
qPar9B3h.jpg
62 KB, 1024x576
>>
>>319297486

>Yo garret, some taffer has a really neat sword holed up in this big ass house, i'll pay you a pretty sum if you taff his shit up

>Rope arrow inside the house
>Reach the third floor
>the fuck am i playing
>>
>>319297486

>not Song of the Caverns

>>319297556

>You are a thief, not an assassin

So? Sometimes its the best way. Fuck, Garret does it in the intros of 1 and 2.
>>
>>319297736
I like how it's being subtle about it, like crooked window or a weirdly placed tile, before going completely off the rails.
>>
>>319297816
>Sometimes its the best way.
It's never a good way. You can't even kill anyone on Expert.
Garrett does it in the trailer because the devs thought gamers would find game without action and fighting boring.
>>
>>319297486
My favorite level was probably the Mage Guild. Here, have a big ass level with a nice helping of crazy shit and explore to your heart's content.
>>
>>319297816

>Sometimes its the best way.

Maybe if you're shit. Also those are the trailers, not the intros, and they're not representative of how Garret works in the games.
>>
File: 1391635110842.png (9 KB, 340x390) Image search: [Google]
1391635110842.png
9 KB, 340x390
Im the only one who is fine with the theme and levels of Thief 1?

I mean I dig alot the idea of stealing from supernatural creatures, mages and like Garrett says in the final briefing even from a god.

I think those themes are more fun that 2 but the great part is both games work perfect as a pair to show the extreme of both sides.
>>
>>319298002
>You can't even kill anyone on Expert.
Speak for yourself noob.

>INB4 the game is supposed to be stealth
I didn't say it shouldnt.

git gud nub
>>
The intro trailers are how the modern-day cawadoody audience would play Thi4f

Gorrot just shoots everybody in the face with an arrow.

Thief Expert Mode explicitly failed you if you committed murder since a true Master Thief doesn't leave a bloodtrail behind him.

Shit, even Hitman higher difficulties punished you if you had 47 go on a bloody killing spree in the process of carrying out the hit. Silent Assassins get in, garrote the target and get out without leaving a bloodtrail to follow.
>>
>>319298002

>It's never a good way.

Depends entirely on the circumstances. Of course its not always the best way.

>cause the devs thought gamers would find game without action and fighting boring.

For the first one, perhaps. I doubt thats the case for the seccond. The manual, for example, tells you outright that Garret is not a warrior and if you plan to fight, you might as well order a casket right now.

But then I dont remember much of anything of 2s marketing, so I may have forgotten something.
>>
>>319295058

>How the fuck am I doing it wrong?

Not really getting into the cat-burgler-leave-no-trace spirit of things are you?
>>
>>319295058
I think you're just playing the wrong game.

>>Serious Sam
>>
>>319298101

>and they're not representative of how Garret works in the games.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this but what are you talking about? Hitting a guard, as long as hes unaware, in the back of the head, even if he's wearing a helmet, with an arrow will kill him instantly.
>>
>>319297556
>get caught
>instead of killing the person who saw you before he alerts help, run far away and hide in a corner for five minutes until the guards whose single job is to keep intruders out forget that they just saw a goddamn intruder and then you return to try and sneak through again
>keep doing this multiple times until you succeed
It breaks the immersion horribly.
Not to mention in any game the player should be rewarded for an ideal completion of a task, not punished at the first mistake.
>>
My favorite is still Thief 3 (Deadly Shadows). I liked some things of the new Thief, like looking around for loot and seeing Garret's hands reaching out to pick up the loot instead of it just disappearing.

If only they didn't consolized the game so much, we could have had the best Thief game yet.
>>
What's funny is that Stephan Russell/ Replicant Detective Garrett is the only reason I'm still playing Fallout 4.

Why does Bethesda have more respect for Russell than Eidos?
>>
BROTHERS! BRING ME THINE AIDS!!
>>
>>319282517
Don't let the sudden theme changes scare you away, it's a really good game though I still prefer the second one
>>
>>319298962
He's talking about that Garrett is supposed to be a thief who goes in and out without anyone noticing. Not jumping in the streets and shooting everyone with arrows like he does in the trailers.

>>319299009
Yes, that is the only way and that's how you play it as a thief (and on Expert, why wouldn't you even be playing it on some other difficulty?). Or you can load a previous save.
>>
>>319299009

>Inb4 someone tells you you should never even get detected

I'd like to see someone play a Thief level without ever getting detected. As in, someone that hasnt memorized the level to the point of perfection.
>>
>>319299060

The real problem is not the fact that it's consolized. I can deal with terrible gameplay if the rest is good. But not being set in the same Thief universe kills it. It's just generic plague ridden city with nothing interesting whatsoever.
>>
>>319299306
What are you talking about? It's easy as fuck unless you're some ADHD kiddo who just runs around every corner. I played most of my first playthrough undetected.
>>
>>319296517
>>319296517

Man Return to the cathedral scared me more than most other horror games.

>welcome to spookytown, now you have to actually get stuff done in it
>>
Somebody post some recommended Thief and The Dark Mod FMs.
I'm sure there was a chart floating around somewhere.
>>
>>319299246

>Not jumping in the streets and shooting everyone with arrows like he does in the trailers.
>everyone

I realise that you're exaggerating on purpose but come on. Garret shoots a grand total of 1 guy in each of the trailers. Killing one or two guards in the name of expediency or because you dont wanna risk creeping over, say, a marble floor and blackjacking him understandable, imo.

>savescumming

Yeah no.
>>
>>319289970

That sounds really nice. I'll check it out myself later on, thanks anon
>>
>>319299306
>I'd like to see someone play a Thief level without ever getting detected. As in, someone that hasnt memorized the level to the point of perfection.

Been there done that to T1, T2, T3 without saving during a level.
Anyone can do it, it just gets tedious to play it.
>>
>>319299690
It's not savescumming if you don't quicksave every 5 seconds

Besides this whole discussion is pointless because you can't kill guards on Expert
>>
File: 1449319341971.jpg (4 MB, 1400x4537) Image search: [Google]
1449319341971.jpg
4 MB, 1400x4537
>>319299596

I've got one for Thief 1/Gold/2 fan missions, but I'm not aware of an image for TDM missions. I can take a look through the TDM missions I've played and say which ones I liked.
>>
>>319299481

Return to the Cathedral was the only mission where I just gave up, jumped down in the middle of the damn thing and starting chucking flash bombs and hacking at every zombie that could hear me. And when all the zombies were dead, I finished the level in peace. Fuck those zombies.
>>
I was going to drop the game there but I played on and enjoyed it, grave robbing is thieving too

Only shit missions were the assassins guild and the last 3 missions
>>
>>319299443

Assuming that's true, good for you. I'm not that good and I doubt that most people managed to get through it like that. Getting caught could be fun in its own way. Avoiding a squad guards with flashbombs and other tricks while they scream and yell while searching for you can be good fun.
>>
>>319299129
He also voices some an NPC in the thieves guild for Skyrim.
>>
>>319299794
Exactly, if you're seen on Expert your only options are to either run away or load a save, neither of which are satisfying actions. Therefore Expert is exclusively for playes who already know every mission by heart and do not have to speculate or experiment with hiding locations or safe paths. But some players would like to have the added challenge of the additional objetives, while retaining the full repertoire of Garret's actions and equipment.
>>
>>319300281
>not playing the entire game on Expert the first time
>>
Had this giveaway key for thief gold for a while, hope it works for one of you
DYNS-9VVD3Y-3XMZY9
>>
>>319299129

I HAD NO IDEA

THAT'S MADE MY FUCKING DAY

Aside from a boner for Curie's voice, Valentine was the only VA worth a damn in the game. What a fucking legend
>>
>>319300281
>Therefore Expert is exclusively for playes who already know every mission by heart
What the fuck are you talking about? The whole game should be played on Expert. There's no reason not to play on lower difficulties. That's how it was supposed to be played. You're a thief, if you get caught you run and hide and return later, not kill everyone.
>>
>>319299815

There's of course the Thomas Porter and William Steele series.

Quinn co. is good if you like bank heists. Only 2 missions at the moment, but they're pretty solid (esp. the 2nd mission).

Requiem and A House of Locked Secrets are both really good. AHoLS is probably the best TDM mission I've played.

No Honor Among Thieves was apparently the first actual campaign for TDM, and I remember enjoying it.

Return to the City and Fiasco at Fauchard Street are both solid and are part of a series that spans through Thief 1 & 2 (engine-wise anyways).

The Ulysses series was made by the same author as the Thomas Porter missions, though they do involve killing people/assassinations.

It's been awhile since I last played through most of the missions, so my memories kinda foggy, but this seems a good start.
>>
>>319291850
I agree with you but you're describing metal gear vr missions
>>
File: golden child.jpg (283 KB, 1442x846) Image search: [Google]
golden child.jpg
283 KB, 1442x846
>yfw
>>
>>319300379
You missed one sign.
>>
File: 43423521632.png (1009 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
43423521632.png
1009 KB, 1920x1080
>>319301668
The children were disturbing, especially if you know the story behind the servants
>>
>>319301668

I reloaded like 4 times, thinking that little motherfucker must have seen me and followed me there. Fucking scripted sequences scaring the hell out of me.
>>
File: 1405366908577.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1405366908577.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>319301668

>lil golden shitnugget runs away as soon as he catch me
>gets to the guard in the dinner room
>Im so fuck
>"Haha check this lil dancing machine brother! How cute!"
>nobody takes him serious even when he pointing at me while Im hiding in the shadows

It was a nice oh shit moment
>>
>>319282517
Shit I need to replay this
>>
There are people on this thread who have no idea how to jump exploit on Thief Gold to achieve a massive pounce forward.

There are people around here who 'don't know how to kill a hammerite with the blackjack (no I'm not talking about knocking him out when he's disrtacted)
>>
>>319294212
>I didn't play on expert: the post.

That dude you're talking is still wrong though.
>>
File: Lesneakingandtheivingman.png (192 KB, 450x306) Image search: [Google]
Lesneakingandtheivingman.png
192 KB, 450x306
>>319282517
>got hired by some rich old nutter
>he is going to pay me enough to retire
>I won't have to put up with Benny and his shit anymore
>his assistant is a 11/10
>sends me in an old cathedral
>place is infested with zombies and ghosts
>take the eye
>help some Hammerite ghost
>somehow I escape
>the old man turns out to be The Trickster
>his qt 3.14 assistant is a tree thing
>wood berry
>he takes my eye
>mfw
>>
What's the worst mission and why is it sabotage at soulforge?
>>
>>319303941
I think you meant thieves guild.
>>
>>319303941
Downwind Thieves' Guild - the map is a fucking mess
>>
>>319301132

>>319301132

Oh right, the third Thief's Den mission, Heart of Lone Salvation, is a really good mansion mission. Whole bunch of secrets hidden around, too.

Deceptive Shadows is a good church/cathedral level. Also got a bunch of undead if you're into that kinda thing.

Lord Edgar's Bathouse is a good mansion-esque(?) mission.

Lords and Legacy is a pretty solid city-type mission. Lots of verticality.

Not An Ordiary Guest is a pretty good hotel/inn mission that's also got some replay value. The 3 difficulty levels are tied to 3 different character types (thief, assassin, sabotuer), and they each have their own objectives to complete in the mission.

Sir Talbot's Collateral is a fairly fine mansion level.
>>
>>319304007
>>319304010
Thieves guild is shit but when I got to soul forge I almost gave up and never beat the game. Who the hell through running around gathering ingredients and using machines while avoiding those gold robot things would be fun?
>>
>there are people who don't like trail of blood
explain yourself plebs
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110 KB, 1920x1080
I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME TAFFER WENT AND SPILLED MEAD ALL OVER THIS THREAD
>>
>>319304219
It has a better design than the thieves' guild - that's what saves it. Excluding the opera thing, the added missions in Gold were completely awful.
>>
>>319303941

Personally I found Shipping and receiving, The Sword, First City Bank & Trust, Caverns and Life of the party to be the worst missions desu. ESPECIALLY Life of the party, that mission was so shit.
>>
File: 1438121681114.jpg (22 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1438121681114.jpg
22 KB, 620x350
>>319304429
>>
>>319304348
>tfw I can recreate the Benny voice perfectly irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUUX2181BvM

I have the New Objective (5:05) sound as my text tone.
>>
>>319304560

Lemme tell you how all the hate Thieves Guild get is undeserved.
>>
>>319304610
I use the fob sound effect. Short and sweet.
>>
>>319304610
>I have the New Objective (5:05) sound as my text tone.
look at this fucking dork
>>
Haha, time to reinstall!
>>
>>319307089
>Actually uninstalling thief

Shame on you.
>>
>>319304429
>Life of the party

>Not at least the enjoying the rooftop part
>>
>>319307184
Well, I did actually have all three installed already it seems.
>>
is it just me or are stealth fans the fedora-est of the fedoras?
>>
>>319304429
Bait.
>>
>>319309823
In what way?
>>
>>319283552
>went in blind
>know nothing about the level's reputations
>beat the game with only a little bit of confusion
you're all bitches
>>
>>319301668
>>319302152
It pointed at you and tried to alert the guards? I remember it just ran away from me.
>>
>Life of the Party
>trying to listen to Karras's recordings
>for some reason Mechanists placed every single one of them very close to a loud background noise that drowns out his voice

what the fuck

Karras sounding like a manchild on thirty kilograms of xanas doesn't help
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.