[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a lot of fun with King of Dragon Pass recently.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: R11full.jpg (115 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
R11full.jpg
115 KB, 640x480
I'm having a lot of fun with King of Dragon Pass recently.

What's your favourite palystyle? Raiding the shit out of everyone or trading for riches?

Also Chalana Arroy a cute.
>>
it was a long time ago
We had a series of /v/ playthroughs that were pretty cool.
Too bad no one makes good games anymore
>>
>>319279470
I remember those threads.

I picked the game up because I was looking for games which despite their age are holding up in terms of playability, and I think KoDP does that very well.
If it wasn't for the small resolution the game could be released the same way today (if it weren't for the fact that people don't bother to read anymore)
The art is gorgeous and the quests/events are fun.

Anyone might know some similar games? I'm really itching for more.
>>
>>319279201
I liked it until the random dreamquests.
>>
>>319279470

I've been playing some Thea: the awakening lately, it's interesting and clearly somewhat inspired by KoDP
>>
>>319279470
Would love for someone to do another playthrough with /v/.
>>
>>319279201
What am I supposed to do to successfully complete a quest in this game? All of my heroes either come back fucked up or not come back at all.
>>
File: useless.png (11 KB, 85x103) Image search: [Google]
useless.png
11 KB, 85x103
>>319279201
I remember that anon who made great KotDP thread back in 2013. he had to stop because his son was born.

I miss him.
http://kingofvidyapass.blogspot.co.at/2013/04/threads-on-v.html
>>
Borngold was the manliest fucker
>>
>>319281069
I still remember Markalor
>>
>>319279470
>>319280635
These. I've never been in one. Too bad I close tomorrow and the day after.
>>319280875
Read the wiki. Make sure they have good stats, your clan magic is strong, you have a point or two in quests, you have the right person ( worshiper) for the right quest, etc.
>>319279201
Ty Kora Tek best girl. Arroy good second.
>>
so this game is like a heavier GUI version of dwarf fortress or something?
>>
File: 1449389151738.jpg (112 KB, 460x344) Image search: [Google]
1449389151738.jpg
112 KB, 460x344
>>319281708
>>
I remember one dude who did a playthrough of this game a year or more ago?
I remember the person got to the very end as well and got the good ending.

It was a glorious day
>>
>>319279201
I always start with almost no territory and war focus which allows you to carve an appropriate territory to fight your longtime foes while also not having to suffer from territory bloat. If you have too much land it becomes unfarmable and your people get PISSED.

Once that's done I switch to peace and try and cobble the people who already liked me/neutral to me together for a kingdom. I'll try and learn a quest or two at this point and exploit the SHIT out of them. Preferably one of the quests without like a 80% failure rate. It helps to have close allies for this (hence the earlier territory carving) as they'll send more assholes to wave their hands and chant as you fail the quest for the eighteenth fucking time. Fuck.

Ally with the duckbros, tell the black rhino knight people to fuck off. Kick the shit out of your hated foe and never EVER have slaves (not out of morality, they're just not very good)

You'll go from stickpicker to pharoh in three days. Dragonkin hate me, click me now to see my secret.
>>
i prefer playing a peace clan and only stealing cattle every so often to keep my people happy,
>>
File: 1427127037360.png (107 KB, 249x241) Image search: [Google]
1427127037360.png
107 KB, 249x241
Reminder that KoDP is getting a sequel called Six Ages due in 2016
>>
>>319282121
Ohh wise one.
How do I make my farmers more happy?
They seem are unhappy and I don't know why. Thanes are super happy but I'm not really raiding that much. My feuding neighbours once every fire season.
My focus is balanced and I don't really know how to make them happy. Sacrifice to the farmer goddess? Gifts?
>>
>>319282491
Don't lose raids, have plenty of food, give throw them feasts. Once again, read the wiki.
>>
>>319282491
>>319282568
This essentially, especially with food, they love food.

You also REALLY want to watch out for territory bloat, having too much land for your peasants to covet makes them shit their pants. They literally haven't invented the concept of "just don't fucking farm it you assholes" and feel like they have to plough every goddamn inch of land you own. If you have too much land for your people your best bet is to throw all your points into babymaking each year and if you're truly desparate: get some goddamn slaves.

Also: consider farming shit your people like more if you have plenty of food. Rye might always grow and be reliable but there's a reason only your fat mum and people in those shitty gamerfuel threads eat rye: it tastes like cardboard.
>>
>>319282491
More cows is a good start.

Gifts and heroquests are good second.

Also explore, you might have cancer in your tula or resources that make everyone happy.
>>
>>319282491
Also: Thanes are so easy to please it's a goddamn joke. Never EVER give them cows to join up. They'll go from pissed to happy in about three days anyway. The Thane life is the Thug lyf. Those cows are better served actually helping your clan.
>>
train those fuckers as beasts of burden.
>>
>>319282491
Also also: send your HUMAKHT (if you have one, actually it doesn't need to be a Humakht at all) combat elder on a recruitment mission right away: nothing interesting happens early on so you can afford to have him missing for a while, and he'll bring back some sexy thanes right about when you'll start needing them.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.