[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats up /v/ just wondering if I should get Metal Gear Solid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: age_bg_tpp.jpg (277 KB, 1400x764) Image search: [Google]
age_bg_tpp.jpg
277 KB, 1400x764
Whats up /v/ just wondering if I should get Metal Gear Solid 5, I've never played a Metal Gear Solid game but this one looks alright and I'm typically into shooter games too so should I get it?
>>
Of course, its a fantastic game, dont let the memery fool you
>>
>>319276234
get it on piratebay then buy it if you like it.

Gameplay is ok, everything else is garbage and 2/3 of the game is missing.
>>
Its a fantastic game but a terrible metal gear game. Even though i got my 60 bucks worth i say go for it but if u wanna get into the series start with 1 and work ur way up
>>
>>319276314
the only reason i enjoyed MGSV was because of the memes
>>
Cheers lads but I'm a little scared of Pirating games too btw
>>
If you're just looking for a cool action game then V is the one most suited for your tastes. You won't quite get the story but the story is terrible whether you're a fan of the series or not--and it's fairly sparse--so I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>319276802
why? get piratebrowser, front page is piratebay, download the game, install like a normal game.
>>
>>319276874
Pirate Browser whats that? I'm just a little scared of getting caught (I know it most likely won't happen but I'm a huge pussy when it comes to pirating these days)
>>
>>319276874

I'm really not sure how to do all that torrenting stuff
>>
>>319276960
OP here this post was not by me btw.
>>
Play the first one first to appreciate where the series came from, and what it ended up as in 5.
>>
>>319276960
google.com how to torrent
>>
>>319276648
>It's a great game just not a great x game

Stop this meme. RIGHT. NOW.
>>
>>319276234
You are going to be fuckin LOST with the story

but that's okay because the story is disappointing anyways and the actual gameplay is fantastic
>>
>>319276952
piratebrowser is already configured and lets you access the deep web. YOu need the deep web since piratebay is locked on normal web. It also hides your traces. Then you download the game and install it like a normal game. Then you copy paste the content of the "crack" folder into your game directory. end of story

unless you live in third world countries like india or the US where you can get swated for reading a loli hentai, you can't get caught.
>>
>>319277195
>YOu need the deep web since piratebay is locked on normal web.
u wot
>>
>>319277301
Poor choice of words. The piratebay you see on normal web is a mirror website and a nest for every virus known to man, it's been locked a few months ago. The real piratebay (like the one we used before) is only on the deep web.

just don't go on piratebay without piratebrowser
>>
>>319276234

its a piece of crap, i pirated it and got about 20% through it before my desire to play just disappeared entirely one night.

i went to bed with it minimised and the pc on standby ready to play the next day, woke up next day and realised i couldnt be bothered doing all that repetitive shit anymore, closed it through task manager and havent looked at it since

thank god i didnt pay for it
>>
here's what you need to know to avoid being completely lost in MGS5

back in world war 2 there was a soldier named "the boss", she was basically the hottest shit alive and won world war 2 on her back. everyone loved her. her ultimate dream was to see a world without border.
"the boss" was the mentor of big boss, the player character and an american soldier. he loves her and has mommy issues.
some shit went down in russia, the boss defected, it turns out she wasn't actually defecting but she was a double agent for america. big boss is forced to kill her. the US government was in on it the whole time.

big boss is now fucking pissed that he had to kill the boss, so he turns his back on the US government and goes rogue. he wants to fulfill the boss' dream of a world without borders (whatever the fuck that means)

cipher = the patriots = the illuminati, a bunch of US government dicks who ALSO wanna fulfill the boss' dream but in a different way

like 15 years later some shit went down in colombia and big boss met kaz. they became besties. kaz hates cipher too. they form a private army but it gets fuckin rekt by the US government and now theyre SUPER PISSED OFF.

revolver ocelot is a russian triple agent or something and big boss' wannabe gay lover. he's pretty cool and he's always scheming on some cool shit. he also hates cipher.

MGSV is the adventures of big boss, kaz, and ocelot forming a new private army to beat up the illuminati
>>
It's a good stand alone game so go ahead
>>
File: 1554633354.jpg (57 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1554633354.jpg
57 KB, 550x366
>>319277497

This is some grade A shitposting right there. 8/10 gave me a great laugh.
>>
>>319277571
I think i'm getting there too.

Beginning was pretty cool but after a while it just stopped being fun. The worst offender for me is the fact that main ops feel like side ops. I am not asking for billions of cut-scenes but the way things are it's almost like the game doesn't care about anything and just wants me to blow up outposts with soldiers all the time.
>>
File: 1441677730575.jpg (50 KB, 423x720) Image search: [Google]
1441677730575.jpg
50 KB, 423x720
If you care about the MGS story, play 1-4 and everything else is optional

If you just care about gameplay get 5 and skip all the story, its unfinished bullshit anyway
>>
>>319277115
He's right though. The game has really good gameplay and Is fun in general but is heavily lacking in story, something that mgs is loved for. So yes, it's a good game, but not good as a mgs game.
That can be applied to other series as well.
Enough with the autismo.
>>
Don't get it. Its shit. If you must, pirate it.
>>
>>319276234
If you haven't played the older games you will probably enjoy it as you aren't hung up on the autistic story. Treated as an open world stealth game it is excellent, granted there are a lot of frustrating design choices outside of direct gameplay like constantly riding around in choppers or the boring base building.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.