[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, do I just stop buying games and wait for some obstruse Enhanced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: Dying-Light-Enhanced-Ann.jpg (68 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Dying-Light-Enhanced-Ann.jpg
68 KB, 600x338
So, do I just stop buying games and wait for some obstruse Enhanced Edition at some point nowadays?

It seems GOTY editions weren't good enough anymore, so now we ship games with inferior gameplay and graphics and release an enhanced version later on.

And I just bought this game on sale for 20€, jesus.
>>
What's in the Enhanced Edition other than just the DLCs and expac?
>>
if you google it the first thing that comes up is that it's free for people who already own the game you dipshit
>>
>>319274384
Probably higher framerate. Its already a ps4/xbone game though. So I'm not sure what's so "enhanced" about it.
>>
has there ever been a thread on /v/ where OP is not a complete fucking retard

you get it for free you mongoloid.
>>
>>319274384

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/dying-light-enhanced-edition-announced

Enhancements List

>Legend System
>Nightmare Difficulty
>Bounties System
>New Parkour Moves
>New Enemy Attacks & Behaviors
>#DrinkForDLC Content
>New NPC Models
>Enhanced Facial Expressions
>Improved Human Enemy AI
>Improved Volatile AI
>Greater Firearm Variety
>HUD and Video Filter Customizations
>Audio Upgrades
>Gameplay Quality Improvements
>Console Performance Upgrades
>Overall Game Look and Feel Improvements
>>
>>319274478
So, for the PC version, it's literally just the DLCs and the expac?
>>
>>319274384
>Nightmare difficulty setting
>Legend system
>Bounties system
>New Parkour moves
>New enemy attacks and behaviours
>Enhanced facial expressions
>New NPC models
>Improved human enemy AI
>Improved volatile AI
>Greater firearm variety
>HUD and video filter customisations
>Audio upgrades
>Gameplay quality improvements
>Console performance upgrades
>Overall game look and feel improvements
>#DrinkForDLC Content

copy pasted from some gaming website
>>
File: 1385455833178.png (17 KB, 131x171) Image search: [Google]
1385455833178.png
17 KB, 131x171
>devs are actually learning from CDPR
Well, color me impressed.
>>
>>319274642
>devs learning from CDPR
both CDPR and techland are Polish so most likely they share a lot of them between releases
>>
File: dying light.jpg (197 KB, 986x1378) Image search: [Google]
dying light.jpg
197 KB, 986x1378
>>319274335
>tfw realized Dying Light is just Dead Island with jumping around buildings.
>still has terrible durability system.
>>
>>319274571
Ahh I see. Pretty extensive but I'll wait and see first. If they're also optimising the game further for PC and including the momentum system that one update included for those challenges, it'll be an awesome upgrade. Maybe I'll actually buy the game then.
>>
I was really surprised by dying light, i didn't like dead island and all but i had fun

it is just a dumb zombie game though, the story was pretty bad. but running about and making dumb weapons and parkouring was really fun, especially after you got the grappling hook.

also night time is fucking terrifying, psuedo-bloodsuckers fucking everywhere.

i pirated the game originally but i'll probably buy the enhanced edition. the new dlc looks worth it alone
>>
So is it Dying Light Enhanced Edition or Dying Light: The Following: Enhanced Edition?
>>
>>319274642
>>319274703

>devs are actually learning from CDPR
>both CDPR and techland are Polish so most likely they share a lot of them between releases

man, for this reason alone I'm really happy that Witcher 3 one GOTY and shit, gets my hopes up that devs actually start doing positive things for gamers again instead of

>here is your episodic FF7 remake gaijin
>>
>>319274571
>Nightmare Difficulty
How can they make it hard since it's an RPG?

>Improved Human Enemy AI
Good, it really needs it.
>>
>>319274571

If I just bought the original game today, will I still be able to upgrade for free?
>>
>>319275089
it's delivered as typical steam patch so you should get it regardless of when you bought it
>>
>>319274972
>here is your episodic FF7 remake gaijin

still can't believe this shit. people are actually going to pay out the ass just to get chopped up chunks of a game everyone has played because of "muh graphics"

>>319275037
>How can they make it hard since it's an RPG?

nigga what

it's not an rpg, it's an action/survival game. what makes you think it's a rpg at all? the perk tree? does that mean far cry, fallout 4 etc are rpgs?
>>
>>319275037
Probably in the same vein of the Hard difficulty update, just turned up a lot more. It made the volatiles faster, medkits heal over time instead of instantly, you take more damage, human enemies became better at dodging and hordes of zombies have a higher chance of grappling you the more surrounded you are.
>>
>>319275089
I think you will since the enhanced edition just has everything.
>>
>>319274335
Is this what they dropped Hellraid to work on? What a fucking joke.
Maybe once they're done shitting out pedestrian DLC for a game that's already past its prime they'll go back to making something that actually has the potential to be sustainable as a multiplayer game.
>>
>>319275179

Thanks!
>>
>>319275284
>muh multiplayer

also what the fuck does "pedestrian dlc" mean

they are still gonna work on hellraid, just once dying light is all wrapped up. I also would prefer for them to just go make hellraid but the following looks pretty fun
>>
>>319275284
Didn't they just go back to the drawing board with Hellraid because Dying Light was such a success that they ended up with a bigger budget to work with? I think they mentioned that bigger budget in the E3 demo or something like that.
>>
>>319274335
>So, do I just stop buying games and wait for some obstruse Enhanced Edition at some point nowadays?

yes

i always do this and it works out fine as long as you have a backlog of games to play
>>
File: 186857.jpg (90 KB, 640x744) Image search: [Google]
186857.jpg
90 KB, 640x744
>>319274335
How new are u?
>>
>>319274703
>both CDPR and techland are Polish so most likely they share a lot of them between releases

How can Poland as a country be poor, yet produce AAA video games?
>>
>>319275442
yea, something like that.

can't wait for hellraid man, imagine a dying light-esque hellraid instead of just the co-op slashing bits it was supposed to be

open world dark messiah please
>>
>>319275601
Because AAA games don't take THAT much money to make. Most AAA games just have a bloated as fuck marketing budget.
>>
>>319275601
>poland
>poor
Top kek americunts.
>>
>>319275186
>it's not an rpg, it's an action/survival game. what makes you think it's a rpg at all? the perk tree? does that mean far cry, fallout 4 etc are rpgs?
It kind of does; just very shallow ones.
>>
>>319275417
>pedestrian
As in mediocre. Is that not a common word people use to describe something in your area or is my privilege showing?

>>319275442
Yeah, that was what they said. But it seems kind of illogical.
>Game was more successful than anticipated
>Stop development of upcoming game to make kewl DLC for first game
And then one of two things happens:
A:
>DLC is successful
>Great, let's make more! Push second game back further
B:
>DLC is unsuccessful
>Losing money makes developers take less risks
>Indefinitely put development of second game "on hold"

Meh. I just don't see them going back to it any time soon.
Hellraid has a way bigger potential to make them money than more Horde Modes for a game that's already a huge Horde Mode.

Making a sustainable multiplayer co-op game out of Hellraid (which is entirely possible with good combat, loot/character progression, and steady content) is the much clearer choice to be successful in the long term.

I enjoyed Dying Light, don't get me wrong, but are there actually diehard fans of that game that wake up every day and can't wait to play through it again?

I must be missing something.

I'm just butthurt from them cancelling the Hellraid beta
>>
>>319276220
From what I understand of the situation is that they're rebuilding Hell Raid from the ground up since they're able to make it a bigger game than what they had originally planned. It's more logical for them to suddenly become tight-lipped about the game now if it's undergoing some major redoing. Just give it some time, I'm sure they'll come out swinging a huge Hell Raid announcement once their finally fucking done with Dying Light.

So, not really a case of dropping HR to come back to it later on. Just keeping it behind closed doors because the shit they have shown of it before this will be made irrelevant since they're redoing fucking everything.
>>
>>319274418
So if I just borrow my brother game right now and wait for the Free update. Will I get it?
>>
>>319276596
It would be extremely painful.
>>
File: 1437067323909.png (3 MB, 1231x2160) Image search: [Google]
1437067323909.png
3 MB, 1231x2160
>>319276220

>As in mediocre. Is that not a common word people use to describe something in your area or is my privilege showing?
>>
>>319275601
Because they get paid in pennies compared to a game developed in the west with overpayed management types, artists, and designers.
>>
>>319276479
Yeah, I believe that was their original statement. Which is vaguely worrying. Hellraid already looked like it was on the right track.
You're right though, time will tell.

>>319276980
I don't know how else to help you. If you're only semi-literate I am sincerely sorry.
>>
So it's going to be a free update to previous owners, apart from the new content. Right?
>>
>>319277097
>Because they get paid in pennies compared to a game developed in the west with overpayed management types, artists, and designers.

If western game studios are overpaid, then why doesn't all game development take place in eastern europe?
>>
>>319274335
>buy games on release and try to support the developers
Good goy, here have some cut content just for 5.99 a piece

>wait till the latest "edition" with everything included and a 75% discount
waaah, stop killing the industry
>>
>>319277281
lol
>>
Whoa almost picked this up on ps4 before halloween, bullet dodged. Is it selling for $60?
>>
>>319277402
Stop being retarded and read the thread.
EE is free for everyone who owns the original. Like Witcher games.
>>
>>319277549
Who has time to read stuff? Just answer my questions, you thread monkey.
>>
>>319277549
But thank you.
>>
File: jews.png (612 KB, 856x566) Image search: [Google]
jews.png
612 KB, 856x566
>>319277549
>EE is free for everyone who owns the original.
Only if you own the Season Pass.
>>
>>319274335
You get upgraded to it for free though.
>>
>>319277719
You misread that picture, which is understandable because it's a terribly made picture.

It says to get The Following content update, you need to either buy the expansion pack or the Season Pass.

Below it says you get the Enhanced Edition changes for free if you already own the game.
>>
>>319277874
Isn't it an arrow pointing down to it saying how to get it?
>>
>>319277874
> buy season or dlc
> receive enhancement update free
>>
File: 1369021470844.jpg (22 KB, 422x347) Image search: [Google]
1369021470844.jpg
22 KB, 422x347
>MFW Got the game and season pass for less than $60 and don't even really care about the update
Running around in the open area was fun until I finished it and ran out of shit to do, the fucking arena is bullshit as fuck
>>
>>319277719
>be a pirate
>this image is like hieroglyphics to me
>feels comfy not having to give a shit about promo nonsense
>>
File: 1329134210851.png (527 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1329134210851.png
527 KB, 720x540
>>319277719
>>319277874

so make up your minds, was it stated anywhere else if you get the enhancements or not? I don't even care about the DLC, I just don't want the inferior version.
>>
>>319274934
It's Dying Light - The Enhanced Edition: featuring The Following from Season Pass.
>>
>>319274730
What part of L4D did you want in DL? Because I sure don't want the special zombies in it.
>>
File: dyinglight.png (47 KB, 602x380) Image search: [Google]
dyinglight.png
47 KB, 602x380
>>319280180
>>319280180
>>
>>319278440
>>319278535
>>319280180
The column explains what you get if you own the base game, but not the season pass.

You don't get the new DLC content unless you buy it or the season pass. You do however get the enhanced edition changes for free.
>>
This:>>319277770

I can't wait for the release.
>>
Hard mode was easy as shit, I hope nightmare is a little better. I'm just afraid it's gonna lust make everything spongey rather than faster.
>>
>>319277332
Because its still a growing market there and in America they only pick cream of the crop for game development now, anyone who's average can only turn to being an indie
>>
>>319280442
The fun combat. Dying Light's combat sucks. It takes ages to kill a normal Zombie and you end up using one weapon on one or 2 of them. Items only have a certain number of repairs too. Garbage.
>>
>>319282305
http://www.nexusmods.com/dyinglight/mods/128/?
Here, m8.

Just use this and you get faster all zombies.
>>
>>319282468
>It takes ages to kill a normal Zombie
You literally cleave through them in one hit. And I mean LITERALLY cleaving through them. Have you even played the game?
>>
>>319274335
Explains why the season pass went up $10.
>>
>>319282789
Yes, and my weapons were like toy swords. It took 8 hits to kill and then it'd break on that one or two kills. TBQH I was playing on Hard Mode because my friend didn't want to play normal. But if Hard Mode really is just your weapons breaking more easily then it sucks tbqh family.
>>
>>319282858
Season pass now includes content not orginaly planned. Previous owners get it free, new owners pay extra to cover the new area
>>
>>319282958
That's only like the first hour of the game, after that you get better shit and you start annihilating them
>>
>>319283056
Tips to get reliable results on anything that dodges? I'm tired of watching everything just decide they can turn the game into morrowind on demand.
I've gotten tired of their bullshit and just started shooting them if there's nothing to throw them into.
>>
>>319274571
they act like all of those enhancements as exclusive to the Enhanced edition, but they have already been implemented in older patches. Spin whatever shit you can to sell your product.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.