[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Not nominated for a single thing at the TGAs >Hasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 4
File: Hotline_Miami_2_cover.jpg (170 KB, 470x640) Image search: [Google]
Hotline_Miami_2_cover.jpg
170 KB, 470x640
>Not nominated for a single thing at the TGAs
>Hasn't won shit at any other website

Remember when /v/ was pretending this shitty meme game was good? I do. I even remember /hmg/. (Just because the archive is down doesn't mean you faggots can pretend that didn't happen.)

Also - NICE LEVEL EDITOR, FAGS

NICE
LEVEL
EDITOR
>>
JUST
>>
RUIN
>>
>Implying /hmg/ wasn't hilarious
Also fuck off detroit-anon
>>
MY
>>
>literally the exact same OP
I wish I hated a videogame enough to do pathetic shit like this
>>
>>319273654
>DUR MUH PARDO xD

AIDS is hilarious - /hmg/ was not
>>
>>319273219
Not being nominated at TGAs is a badge of honors baka senpai.
>>
I really enjoyed the game, despite the problems with quite a few levels.

The ending was garbage though. And I've been waiting half a year for the level editor.
>>
>>319273219
As far as I remember "/v/" started to dislike the game on release day.
>>
>>319273772
Undertale was nominated doe and that game deserved it unlike HM2.
>>
>>319273792
>The ending was garbage though.
I'm not going to explain why I think it was fitting, because it's 4AM where I am.
>>
>>319273821
There were plenty of gay AIDS having faggots that were declaring the game was better than the first game.

The only game HM2 is "better" than is Bloodbath Kavkaz, and that games level editor actually came out.
>>
>>319273737
>DUR I HATE VIDYAGAEMS
/v/ isn't funny either when you boil it down to one thing
>>
>>319273927
>gay AIDS having faggots
Erm, what?
>>
>>319273991
If you like HM2, there is a high probability you take it up the ass at the Olive Garden's bathroom.
>>
>>319273892
It would have been fitting to end it with the son falling to his death
I don't even give a shit about there not being a sequel, HM2 shouldn't have been made in the first place
Nukes were a dumb "shock value" cop out
>>
>>319274004
>>319274083
Uh... no? I personally have never said anything like that.

I'm the guy who said that HM is about using violence to influence society, and the nukes are the ultimate conclusion of that ideology.
>>
>>319273892
Yes yes, we know your fan theory that HM2 is about "hur true artists hate sequels! The fans worship Jacket! (Now buy this kickstarter funded ken doll of him!)"

That doesn't make it less bad
>>
>>319274145
No need to be so aggressive, this isn't Hotline Miami.
>>
>>319274129
>and the nukes are the ultimate conclusion of that ideology.

Which is never communicated in the story at any level outside of maybe faggot lore.
>>
>>319274210
If this were Hotline Miami, then I'd be Jacket with a golf club of truth and you're one of the many Russian retards that worship HM2.
>>
>>319274212
>50 Blessings wants Russians out of America's government
>Manny wants media attention
>Evan and the movie directors both want to capitalize on Jacket's story
>the fans "believe" in the cause of killing crooks as a shallow excuse to be violent
>the Son wants to take down the Colombs to revitalize his father's legacy
It's there, just not blatantly spelled out.
And now I'm going to bed because it's 4AM and you'll just brush off everything I say and a gay AIDS-riddled Russian who should be bashed to death with a crowbar for having opinions.
>>
>>319274530
>>the Son wants to take down the Colombs to revitalize his father's legacy

The son becoming the father and the father becoming the son is a familiar concept in fiction, but I don't see how it applies to the escalation of violence.

The Son doesn't fail at rebuilding his father's empire - he just takes drugs and LOL I'M CRAZY NOW AND I SHOOT PEOPLE
>>
>>319274783
I do think they could've done something more to build up to that.
Look, see that? I'm admitting the story isn't perfect.
>>
>>319274892
I think Evan is the only character that fits the gameplay motif of "escalation of violence"

Also how does Richter fit? I don't think he wants to be violent IIRC
>>
Remember when OP stop being an autist? me neither
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/VxqqaWca6Y113xiismzNcg%3D%3D
>>
>>319273219
This game was never good. People played this shit just for the soundtrack. Same goes for HM 1
>>
I still like HM2 more than HM1
>>
>>319273219
>at the The Game Awards
Redundant m8
>>
>>319274783
They're all connected to the 50 Blessings one way or the other, and in the end, the man who created the 50 blessings fucked everyone.
>>
Nope, HM2 was and is better than HM1

GOTY 2015
>>
totally agree with you OP. I made a thread pretty similar to it.
HM got threads for months after it came out
HM2 died quick as shit. Fuck the camera and windows in that game.

Also the editor is coming in the 3 days I think
>>
File: image.png (126 KB, 350x255) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126 KB, 350x255
>Pre release: This is gonna be the GOAT we have all been waiting for.
>Day of Release: Alright this is pretty good not the best but I'm having fun.
>1-6 weeks later: Ugh this fucking meme game again. We have been invaded by shills. Worst game of all time literally go to /vg/ and keep your cancer there.
It's like poetry that happens again and again
>>
You're still posting this?
>>
>>319276078
HM2 threads died because majority of /v/ are huge plebs
>>
>>319275459
Jesus christ. This goes far beyond normal autism.
>>
OP is just HM1 cuc'k
>>
>>319273219
It's the fate of all meme games that base their success on everything except the gameplay.

It would have happened to FNAF too if the guy didn't release a new game every two months and to Undertale if it wasn't breeding ground for furries and muh feels faggots.
>>
>>319276212
/v/ on Undertale's release and the rest of the week was 100% glowing praise though.
I remember /v/ kind of shitting on HM2 on release
>>
>Remember when /v/ was pretending this shitty meme game was good?
No, you dumbass. I was there when it was released and there was a clear consensus that it wasn't nearly as fun as HM because of the garbage level design.
>>
>>319276594
That's why it says 1-6 weeks later.
>>
>>319276212
undertale had 2-3 weeks of unrelenting praise
>>
>>319276484
>except the gameplay

Pretty sure a lot of people liked HM specifically because of the gameplay.
>>
>>319276913
Do you all not read, 1 to 6 weeks later. everyone started hating it right after I finished it
>>
>>319277074
>>Pre release: This is gonna be the GOAT we have all been waiting for.
>>Day of Release: Alright this is pretty good not the best but I'm having fun

neither of these applied to undertale
>>
>>319277191
The comparison is fucking dumb in general. One was a popular pre-existing IP that released a divisive sequel the other is a game that came out of nowhere and became insanely popular very fast.
>>
File: facerfacer.jpg (932 KB, 1038x1200) Image search: [Google]
facerfacer.jpg
932 KB, 1038x1200
It was obvious Hm2 was an easy cash-in. It still was ok and the music was awesome. Hm1 is better in pretty much every way. This doesn't mean Hm2 sucks or anything but it's not even close to as good as a real game. such. as. undertale.
>>
>>319277191
>>319277282
Well ok maybe I shouldn't have used undertale as an example, but you gotta admit this happens to a lot of games.
Abd it's super fucking frustrating
>>
>>319273219
>/hmg
I think they moved to steam forums. Took a peak recently and it was even worse.
>>
>>319273219
The original Hotline Miami won a shit ton of awards you swine.
>>
>>319277568
What does that tell you about a sequel that hasn't won shit?
>>
>>319277458
Aside from this thread, I never saw any massive backlash about HM2.

The people who wanted to discuss it discussed it and everyone else just left them to it. It didn't have a rabid enough fanbase for conversation to descend in to shitposting.
>>
>>319277742
There are plebs.
>>
>>319273219
I liked it
>>
HM1 was fantastic

HM2 was so bad I stopped after a couple of levels and didn't ever return.
Too many windows, too many guns, too accurate enemies et cetera.
In HM1 I could just breeze through a level on my first go at it, and even in the more difficult situations I suddenly got through by just going ham with a baseball bat.
HM2 was a frustrating slog through trial and error
>>
>>319279710
HM1 also has just better design

>HM1
>You beat a level
>Rewarded with a new mask

>HM2
>You beat a level
>"Rewarded" with a character that will either be terrible or mediocre at best
>>
>>319276484
I play HM for the gameplay tho. You should try them sometime
>>
>>319279845
>I represent all the fanbase xD

Kill yourself, retard
>>
>>319280016
wish I'd had the image on 'how to win an argument' by adding a lot of le and xDD
>>
HM2 should win the best soundtrack of the year all years.
>>
>>319279710
>>319279841
Just kill yourself pleb, holy shit
>>
>>319275639
ofcourse, it's a straight improvement, but it didn't innovate enough to be GOTY again

it's just a slightly better game
>>
>>319280936
to be fair the worst part of HM2 was getting either characters that were straight up worse, or characters you didn't get to use soon because of the different groups/clans/whatever
>>
>>319280792
HM2 music sucks bad
>>
>>319281028
>ofcourse, it's a straight improvement

In no way is it a straight improvement. None of the characters are as well thought out or as viable as Jacket was in HM1
>>
>>319281205
>viable
what the fuck do you even mean by viable
I don't even remember what was supposed to be well thought out about jacket
>>
>>319281205
>he wore Tony mask for the entire game
LOL
>>
>>319281316
Jacket has the masks that help you define your playstyle

Also he has a hostage taking move I didn't discover until my second play through and that's pretty awesome.

That's more than Manny fucking Pardo whose best traits are: not slow executions and a gun in the trunk
>>
>there are people that literally repost the same thread word for word everyday just so they can jack off to the replies with their friends in IRC

I'm pretty sure its just a bunch of SJWs made that Dennaton included a rape scene in the game. don't get your panties in a bunch that Dennaton is more relevant than any of your kek devs ;)
>>
>>319281456
Not really, no. I liked how some of the other masks looked and preferred not being attacked by dogs depending on the stage
>>
File: hotline miami 2 censorship.jpg (87 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
hotline miami 2 censorship.jpg
87 KB, 1600x900
>>319281532
>Implying
>They included a literal trigger warning

Nice try. Swedecu'cks gonna swedecu'ck.
>>
>>319281606
And? Didn't stop SJWs from crying like a bunch of bitch niggers and trying to defame the game.

Just like the SJW that made this thread.
>>
HM2 was more hype

Almost every level is just pure hype

>not liking based Pardo levels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyFWZgHwMc8
>yeah that's some dark stuff going on, get hype
>>319281606
>haven't even played the game
Rape still happens.
>>
>>319281729
first's album was better overall IMO
I actually had to mute the music for one of the levels in 2 because it was so bad
>>
>>319281784
HM1 has songs that feel like video game music

HM2 is just some hipsters mix tape
>>
>>319281784
All songs in HM2 are original, in HM1 few songs were reused for a couple of levels.
>>
>>319281784
While my favourite track is in HL1 I felt like HL2 had more good tracks in general. Doesn't help that HL1 didn't have very many tracks to begin with...
>>
What do you think HM3 would be about? And JUST how much underrated it would be here?

>b-but they said no HM3
We just gotta wait.

>second teaser hidden in Level Editor
>>
Dennaton are Hideo and Kojima of this decade.
>>
>>319281921
Same here. HM1's soundtrack is just so short compared to how many there are in 2, and 2 has a bunch of really good songs. A couple kinda miss, but not enough for me to hate them.

But 1's is just so good. Miami Disco, It's Safe Now, Paris, Daisuke .. god damn.

>>319282026
I really don't know if I'd want them to continue. There's nowhere to go but maybe in the past again. I think 2 was a good sequel since it fucked around with time periods a lot. But now that Miami is nuked it just wouldn't be the same going forward. I think we just need the level editor out and endless levels from that.
>>
What was your first reaction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhJiN7oFrS8

>O-OK, a bit strange and spooky, but hype anyway
>>
>Drive pseudo-sequel film was panned too

Pottery.
>>
>HM1
MGS1
>HM2
MGS2

>this will be our last HM game guyz ;>)
>>
>>319280792
are the music good? yes
did they fit in the game? fuck no
>>
>>319284327
>Implying Dust didn't fit in
>Implying Roler Mobster wasn't perfect for it's level
>Implying We're sorry wasn't perfect for it's level
>Implying Le Perv wasn't perfect for it's level
>>
>>319285112
Why are you replying to the second most autistic shitposter on this board after Barneyfag?
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.