[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd killed more cops than cholesterol and still no sign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: max.png (738 KB, 1680x944) Image search: [Google]
max.png
738 KB, 1680x944
I'd killed more cops than cholesterol and still no sign of Becker.
>>
>Max Payne before 3
>I liked the way he talked I hope we get to hear him again

>Max Payne 3
>He talks too damn much just shut the fuck up
>>
>>319272617
BE
CKEEER!
>>
How many people has Max killed over all do you think
>>
>>319272942
Probably around five thousand people.
>>
>>319272942

Just by whats documented in the games alone? He destroyed 3 or 4 mob families, 1 underground government organization, 1 satanic cult, 1 gang organization which ruled the slums of an entire city, 1 police division, 1 state paramilitary organization, 1 group of armed pirates, and all the professional hitmen in the New York Tri-State area. Thats easily a thousand people.
>>
GODDAMNIT
>>
>>319272942
more than every entering door opening cutscene in max payne 3
>>
Is MP3 good? I enjoyed 1 and thought 2 was kinda mediocre.
>>
So does Max subsist solely on booze and pills? I don't think I've ever seen him eat anything else.
>>
I'm going to go ahead and say it, I don't care if you fags like Max Payne 3, it's not a Max Payne game and never will be. It's an above average TPS that completely misses the point of what Max Payne was all about and this is the objective truth, Max Payne ended at 2.
>>
>>319273735
It's a major point in the third game that he's hopelessly addicted to the Combination of booze and pain pills to help him be functional at all.
>>
>>319273908
This is not a controversial opinion.
>>
>>319273908
I think Max Payne 3 was great and Max Payne 2 was stupid. The story in 2 was just dumb, between vlad being the villain the while time and max's constant thirst for Lisa even though she had already fucked him over at least twice.
>>
>>319273727
I'd say MP3 is easily one of my favourite tps. Shame that the multiplayer wasn't all that enjoyable imo. Though I have only played little of 2 and never got into 1 so I wouldn't know how well it compares to others in the series.
>>
File: max3.webm (3 MB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
max3.webm
3 MB, 896x504
>>319273727
The gameplay is the best in the series but it's broken up into tiny chunks by pointless unskippable cutscenes that mask loading times. The writing is mostly great but there are a few shitty lines. The plot overall isn't too enthralling. The atmosphere is great. The cinematography and directing is fantastic, if a little too overdone at times (the Man on Fire-esque words on screen thing gets pretty grating, for instance).

So, in a word, yes. It's good.
>>
>>319273908
>it's not a Max Payne game and never will be.
Yeah, it's actually good.
>>
>>319273727
It is one of the best single player shooters released in 10 years
>>
>>319273908
>completely misses the point of what Max Payne was all about
How exactly does it miss the point of what Max Payne was all about? Have you played the fucking game at all?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_uiYqG-SZQ
>>
>airport level
>pain killer music begins to play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw
>>
>>319273727

Best TPS I've ever played from a pure gameplay stand point, however the issue is that most locations are just boring, the best parts are pretty much the beginning of the game, New Jersey parts and the Airport, the rest is just meh. Also Sami Järvi didn't write the story which you can immediately feel, Sami isn't the best writer to be fair but one thing he always nailed was Max's one liners and metaphors, in Max Payne 3 there are very few memorable lines and even James Mccaffrey feels like he's bored and just reading through most of the lines just to get it over with.
>>
>>319272820
i already felt that way playing 2
>>
File: 1449358940025.jpg (135 KB, 502x461) Image search: [Google]
1449358940025.jpg
135 KB, 502x461
>>319274941
>in Max Payne 3 there are very few memorable lines
>>
Every company out there should start using Euphoria already. It makes shootings much more bonerific.
>>
File: sampsons.png (87 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
sampsons.png
87 KB, 184x184
>>319275185
Max payne 1:

They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark on everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger, and it was over.

max payne 3:

>They were all Gringos. The final gringoshot was an gringo mark on everything that had led to this gringo. I released my finger from the trigger, and it was gringover.
>>
>>319275185
> that guy who deleted his reply because he mixed 1 and 3 up

Kek

Max Payne 1 and 3 are awesome, Max Payne wasn't as good. They fucked with the bullet time formula somehow and it felt much worse.
>>
>>319275568
Unfunny faggot who couldn't even do something right the second time.

You'll walk. WITH A LIMP
>>
>>319274204
>it's broken up into tiny chunks by pointless unskippable cutscenes that mask loading times.
They don't even do that. If you choose to start from the first checkpoint it takes a fraction of the time to load and drops you right at the beginning of the mission. The cutscenes being unskippable is just Rockstar fucking with people.
>>
X) HATE COPS
>>
>>319275596
>I fuck my reply up after making fun of a guy for fucking his reply up

Damn. *Max Payne 2 wasn't as good*
>>
>>319275626
>who couldn't even do something right the second time.

Reminds me of sam lake

I gotta give max payne 3 props, at least it's better than MP2
>>
>>319275686

im trying my hardest to fit in, please don't make fun of me
>>
BECKERRRRR
>>
>>319275801

>PAYYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNE! I'LL KILL YA, YA LOUSY FRICKIN' COP!
>>
>>319273727
You know how there's that Deux Ex or Vampire Bloodlines pic floating around "every time someone mentions it, someone will reinstall it?"

That's how I feel about MP3. The gunplay is just THAT fucking good.

Of course, people here hated on it like no tomorrow, but that's SLESH VEE SLESH for you.

It was an amazing port, sick OST, 10/10 gameplay, I enjoyed Max in the story (even with the ending) and as I said, it's an insta replay for me everytime someone reminds me of it (god damn that gunplay doe, hnnngg)
>>
>>319272617
Am I the only one who loves that kind of cheesy lines?
>>
>>319274926
that soundtrack was pretty epic t b h

I honestly liked the story. Rockstar had done crime in almost every way and I think their way of changing it up was by modeling it after something like Elite Squad. It feels a lot more gritty and violent and less cheesy than noir mafia stuff.

I think it really fit the gameplay changes, because it was pretty fucking violent too. They wince in pain as it shows bullets going into their faces. It's like Manhunt without trying so hard.
>>
File: 1449178982790.gif (2 MB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1449178982790.gif
2 MB, 125x125
>>319272617
i love this game so much dude, there is so much about it that I enjoy, and it feels different without trying to be a special snowflake
>>
>>319272617
>"I knew there was nothing resembling good times on the other side of that door."
>walk through the door
>immediately get torn to shreds by like 6 different cops at once

Well, he got that right
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.