[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Call me late, but I just finished Persona 4 today, and I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1441091612313.jpg (52 KB, 600x499) Image search: [Google]
1441091612313.jpg
52 KB, 600x499
Call me late, but I just finished Persona 4 today, and I have a few questions still
Why does Adachi have a red Izanagi?
Does the whole Izanagi/Izanami lore from that lecture at the other school amount to anything?
How did Teddie get in the velvet room?
What the fuck IS the velvet room?
Did Adachi or Namatame have shadows? They seem to turn into shadows halfway through their speech.
>>
File: phil.jpg (11 KB, 471x270) Image search: [Google]
phil.jpg
11 KB, 471x270
>>319271575
>Why does Adachi have a red Izanagi?

the plot is bad

>Does the whole Izanagi/Izanami lore from that lecture at the other school amount to anything?

No

>How did Teddie get in the velvet room?

shut up

>What the fuck IS the velvet room?

something that only made sense in 1 and 2 because Igor is a servant of a dude named Philemon who is in a contest with a lovecraftian monster to see if will wipe itself out or not.

>Did Adachi or Namatame have shadows? They seem to turn into shadows halfway through their speech.

does it even matter
>>
>>319271575
He was one of the people Izanami granted the powers to. The exact same kind of power the protagonist has, so it's the same demon, but it's corrupted.
>Did Adachi or Namatame have shadows? They seem to turn into shadows halfway through their speech.
Adachi most certainly did. The first time you talk to him in the TV world, it's his shadow.
As for Namatame it's not clear, if he merged with his shadow or not. Because his will is not entirely his own during the final encounter, because Ameno Sagiri (or w/e the eyeball thing was called) was pulling his strings from behind the scenes.

Also, did you unlock the true ending, OP?
>>
>>319272203
Well I fought Adachi and killed beat Ameno Sagiri, so yes?
>>
>>319272297
>Well I fought Adachi and killed beat Ameno Sagiri, so yes?

LOL
>>
File: 1434845032270.gif (351 KB, 419x233) Image search: [Google]
1434845032270.gif
351 KB, 419x233
>>319272297
>>
>>319272297
I hope you didn't start New Game Plus.

Go back to Junes. Yes, I know you already did. I mean go back again. The game is trying to trick you.
>>
>>319272297
>not siding with Adachi and being kings of the hill

I don't like how in persona games many of good endings are deemed inferior.
>>
>>319272297
Not really. There's one more final dungeon and boss. The lecture kinda hits at that.
You can access it after Ameno Sagiri fight, during the farewells, when you run around the town.
You can access it regardless of what you did before that point. But you need to do a few specific things before you leave.
>>
File: 1398397561458.jpg (33 KB, 421x415) Image search: [Google]
1398397561458.jpg
33 KB, 421x415
Please tell me you got the true ending OP.
>>
>>319272468
>being kings of the hill
You'd just both turn into mindless shadows, you nigger.
Adachi is a sore loser to begin with.
>>
>>319272462
I did, so I guess just fuck my shit senpai
>>319272481
What do you need to get in there then?
>>
>>319272587
Talk to all the people you have SL with in the town. Then go to Junes.
>>
File: ai.jpg (84 KB, 505x455) Image search: [Google]
ai.jpg
84 KB, 505x455
>>319272587
Jesus christ man just google it. Have you ever played a video game before?
>>
>>319272649
But I did that?
I'm pretty sure it just kicked me to the ending once I talked to the last social link
>>
>>319271575
It's supposed to be he's all the bad elements of the Fool, none of the good.

They're both possessed by entities that make them do evil shit. Which pisses me off extremely about Adachi, if I'm being honest. They're not shadows.
>>
>>319272790
No, you must be remembering it wrong.
You have to "talk" to the elevator in Junes twice.
>>
Izanami empowered them both, and they carry a persona in the form of her husband. Adachi's is red because he is a more edgy teenager than Yu.

The lecture is backstory for two mythological figures American's aren't familiar with. Assuming Izanami is who she claims, it's her backstory.

He wandered and ended up there; perhaps Igor played a hand in it. Or Philemon, who is still around.

A place to make new personas. Philemon made it to help the persona users he made to combat Nyralathotep in 1 and 2. Igor is apparently in charge now, but he seems to be using it to do empower people with the wildcard power.

Both are like Yu in that they skipped the "accept your shadow" part thanks to Izanami. Adachi pretty much becomes his own shadow once inside the TV; embracing his most awful and repressed aspects. Namatame is ultra-beta and manages to lose his persona and have is shadow take over - we can assume he could have also had an Izanagi if he wasn't such a chode.
>>
>>319272828
Adachi only gets possessed AFTER you beat him. All the shit he's done was entirely of his own accord.
>>
>>319272790
As said, the game is trying to trick you. Whenever the game says "you're done, go home" ignore it. You will figure it out.
>>
>>319272892

To expand on that last part, I like to think Adachi is sort of nega-persona user, in that he accepts his shadow, but rather than do that with the knowledge it is a small part of him and not all there is; he just goes "Hellz yes, I'm a psycho!" and runs with it.
>>
>>319273229
If the logic were consistent, Adachi's shadow would basically involve him admitting to everything the IT accuses him of in his pre-fight dialogue. The fact that he's an amoral psycho isn't the part he's repressing, so it shouldn't be his shadow.
>>
So is it confirmed that the MC is the only Wild Card user in P5? I just wanna change everyone's stuff like in the old games.
>>
>>319273404
Wasn't the argument with Adachi basically that he was wrong rather than hiding his nature from himself? I didn't see any indication that there was anything about himself that he hid from himself. He hid his nature from other people, but he was true to his own feelings. He therefore shouldn't really have a shadow since it's the things about us that we don't like and repress.
>>
>>319273404
He's a buddy with his shadow, and the shadow does admit to everything in Yamano's room.
He's kinda repressing it though, since he tries to blame everything on the world.
>>
>>319273404

Shadows are very exaggerated in this game, I mean Kanji probably isn't camp gay and Naoto doesn't want to be a dude, their shadows were just exaggerations of certain traits they repressed. Adachi resented everyone around him and blamed the world for his issue; his shadow was like "I'm a fucking psycho, the world is fucked and unfair, blow it all up" and he was like "Yeah, okay, that sounds good."
>>
>>319273693

His shadow is those angry resentful thoughts about the world. It's what he represses when his is in cabbage-man mode around Dojima and everyone else. Rather than go, "No, no I'm not an asshole" he goes, "Yeah, yeah, I like that, lets kill a bitch." Neither of these are healthy reactions.
>>
>>319274254
I don't think hiding your dark side from other people is the same as lying to yourself and denying you have it in the first place.
>>
>>319274370

When are you not around other people? And if he was truly letting those feeling run wild he wouldn't be a very bland police officer. He probably disliked the people around him, but just kinda went on with his daily life. It's not until he gained his power (and explicitly would have integrated his shadow, if forcibly) that he began acting on those impulses.

I mean, it's not like Yukiko didn't know she wanted more than running the inn, and Kanji didn't know he liked girly shit, they just kinda glossed over the actual feelings they had and stayed the course.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.