[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS3 Slim vs Super Slim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: as.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
Hey /v/, I need some advice, my old fat 80 gigs PS3 died some minutes ago and since I´m still interested on playing some games I just bought I want to get a new one, however there´s a lot of talk about the two slim models available like people saying the super slim is cheap as fuck and that the original slim dies really fast.

Which one should I get?
(No, I dont fucking want a PS4 yet, the only games that I care are Persona 5 and MGS5 and both are and will be on PS3)
>>
>>319270723
i bought a used super slim 2 years ago, still have it today working flawlessly, OP
>>
I have the 160gb one on the left (slim?) And I bought it over a year ago and it works fine. The super slim looks ugly as fuck in my opinion.
>>
Main thing that's drive me nuts about the super slim is no self-feed disc tray.
>>
>>319270951
Is it true that the disc drive thing looks cheap as fuck?
>>319271372
Yeah, looks pretty ugly.
>>319271570
I know, but at the very least if the PS3 dies the game wont get stuck inside.
>>
>>319272071
It isn't hard to open up the blu-ray drives on the Slim anyhow.

Unlike the 20 some fucking screws you had to undo for the PS3 fat.
>>
any truth to demon souls overheating super slims?
>>
I just bought a 80gb fat the other day, what are some essential games?
>>
I've heard that the super slim has a really noisy fan, but I've never actually used one myself. My slim is still going great.
>>
You should get slim with CFW.
>>
>>319272238
I know, my copy of Ground Zeroes was on the console when it died and it was a fucking trip to the moon to get it out.
>>
File: playstation-now-subscriptions.jpg (184 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
playstation-now-subscriptions.jpg
184 KB, 625x352
>>
>>319272817
Though about it, but since I live in a third world country my internet probably wouldnt be enough.
>>
>>319272801
I never understood why the fat was $499 until I had to open it myself and realized how many pointless kinds of screws, plastic, covers, and etc,metal gates, and etc, are within that chasis.
>>
>>319272817
PS Now must be pretty fucking amazing in Japan compared to our shite American infrastructure.
>>
>>319272910
Well, If I´m not wrong its because they had to make some sort of fucking mess to get the PS2 BC in it, but yeah, a shit ton of stuff inside. (Sadly thats something I´m gonna miss when I get another one, because I used to play all my PS2 games on it).
>>
>>319272631
What does the CFW allow you to do? Emulate?
>>
>>319272631
Is it possible? I heard it was a nightmare to get CFW on anything other than a fat PS3.
>>
>>319273294
>free games
>free DLC
>undub versions
>fan translations
>even mods sometimes
>emulating 8-16 bit games
>PS1 PS2 PSP games
>mkv and subtitles support
>playing any game from HDD
And you can still play online too.
>>
>>319273419
Sure it is. You can have CFW on Slim models up to 25XX.
>>
>>319270723
Have had my slim for going on 6 years now. It's slowed down a lot probably from how full my hdd is and how fragmented it is as well. It still kicks ass though and plays anything and everything and thankfully hasn't kicked the bucket yet.
>>
>>319274052
6 years? Nice pal thats a lot, I was suprised by my fatty, I got it refurbished at gamestop back in 2010.
>>
mine died too a couple weeks ago. i had kh2.5 on there, and i still don't have the right screwdrivers to open it
>>
>>319272817
I just saw the list of the ones available they have a good selection. I still have a huge backlog of stuff already so I don't think psnow would be worth it for me right now.
>>
>>319272910
yeah I'm sure all those screws that each cost a fraction of a cent to manufacture really drove up the price
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.