[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Various companies, including CyberConnect2, are assisting de
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: Capture.png (334 KB, 673x815) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
334 KB, 673x815
Various companies, including CyberConnect2, are assisting development. However, CyberConnect2’s production tastes differ from that of Square Enix’s, so the two companies are keeping very close with each other. Director Tetsuya Nomura was annoyed by the direction of the latest trailer, so Square Enix changed it to be closer to its own style.
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children‘s models aren’t being used because they’re more than 10 years old and are too deformed (in the sense that they’re unrealistic). Each part of the remake’s models have been adjusted many times over to be a proper balance between realistic and deformed.
The entirety of the latest trailer is all in-game, except for the snippets from the E3 2015 teaser trailer. You can alter the camera angle during the train scene.
Cloud looks skinny due to his white skin and the lighting.
The scenario where Cloud cross-dresses for Don Corneo will be in the game, but the design still hasn’t been decided.
The ATB gauge is there, but it’s not the type where you wait for it to fill up and then attack. Instead, it’s its own system that lends to the action of this game. Its name might also be changed. Nomura says you should pay particular attention to when the gauge turns red.
There are three-member parties and you can switch freely between them. You can also just control one character if you don’t want to switch.
The quality of the latest trailer is just the starting point. Now that they’re able to showcase the direction of the remake, they’re moving into polishing.

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-details-reason-multi-part-release-cyberconnect2-collaboration-more#3JalX67jcujavzbk.99
>>
>>319270063
Now there gonna jew every last penny out of you goys!
>>
File: 028.jpg (340 KB, 670x856) Image search: [Google]
028.jpg
340 KB, 670x856
>>319270063
>CC2 is doing this and Naruto instead of continuing .HACK
>>
>>319270774
>.MEME
>>
>>319270774
.hack is dead
Let it go
>>
>>319270856
>Things I don't like are memes!
>>
>>319270063
>CC2
Man just imagine the over topness the game is going to have
>>
>>319270063
>/v/ hates on KH2FM combat
>is okay with CC definition of style over substance press X to awesome combat
>>
>>319274250
>The director of Crisis Core isn't even on the project
>The guys in charge of the battle system are Kitase and Nomura with Dissida and Kingdom Hearts veterans putting it together, specifically referring to those two when discussing its tempo
>"Lol its just Crisis Core's bullshit"

Come the fuck on.
We already know it has an ATB mechanic anyway which sets it far apart from the other action RPG Final Fantasy games.
>>
File: CyberConnect2-chan.png (990 KB, 1272x714) Image search: [Google]
CyberConnect2-chan.png
990 KB, 1272x714
>>319270063

CC2-chan to the rescue!
>>
>>319274409
I've always wondered why CC2 is personified as a wolf girl
>>
>>319274406
I think he meant Cyber Connect
>>
『FFVII リメイク』のバトルにはお馴染みのリミットブレイクも搭載。分作にした経緯にも迫る
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/173/1173362/

『ファイナルファンタジーVII リメイク』北瀬佳範氏&野村哲也氏に訊く分作の意図――バトルはATBありのアクションに!?【PSX2015】
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/07094721.html

>Character models are being supervised by Visual Work's director.
>The team is staying away from total realism for the designs, since it might make certain characters hard to recognize. Instead, they are going to make them as real as possible, while keeping the character's personality and design intact.
>Advent Children's model data is over ten years old, so they cannot use it, even if that were the direction the team had decided upon.
>Everything from the recent trailer, aside from the recycled E3 Trailer footage, was real-time. The end scene where Cloud gets off the train transitions directly into gameplay.
>Cloud looking sick is partly due to the lighting. Nojima thinks Cloud's sickly appearance is brilliant.
>Cross-dressing is in the game, but Nomura has yet to work on the design.
>All the party member's designs are renewed like Barret's. At first they thought of going with the Advent Children design for Barret, but decided against it.
>Both the ATB and Limit gauge are present, but work differently than in the original. The ATB turning red is particularly important.
>Battle tempo will be similar to Dissidia. Battle system is being made by people who have experience in both Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts.

continued...
>>
>>319274576
Because they regularly publish furry artbooks in Japan and their long-time "labor of love" project is Little Tail Bronx.
>>
>>319274687

>Nomura: "If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some parts of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some of the original content from the game, and it would be especially difficult to add anything more. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achieved, we have decided to split the game into multiple episodes."
>Kitase: "Taking the No.8 Street shown in the recent trailer, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would be impossible to do with a single release. Splitting the original version into episodes with nothing dropped, as well as adding complements, and remaking the game in it's full volume is what we are thinking."
>Kitase: "Unlike the encounter battles in the original version, we're aiming for seamless, active battles like those shown in the recent trailer."
>Nomura: "Since the game is based on Final Fantasy VII, elements like the ATB Gauge and Limit Breaks will appear, but with new usage [to reflect the new combat system]. Please wait for our further announcements on how they will evolve."
>Nomura: "We are planning to dig deeper with the story in the episodes. Players who have played the original surely know everything from the beginning to the end of the game, including many very important moments. We would love to give even these players surprises."
>Kitase: "We are not going to remake a game so you only play for nostalgia. We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump. Additions will be made with this goal clear in the minds of the team."
>>
>>319274576

I guess it's a reference to these games:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solatorobo:_Red_the_Hunter
>>
This makes it sound good. I mean, if you try to make a game the size of VII as a modern game, that would be fucking ridiculous. I just hope they don't cut any of the enemies.
>>
>>319274870
From the interviews it looks like they're doing this specifically so they don't cut anything important out of the game like they would have had to do if they tried to release the entire game at once.
>>
>>319275263
I hope it works out. I was worried they were gonna cut it down to the more important shit. Glad they're not.
>>
>>319275415
i think he is 100% right
>>
>>319275435
>I hope it works out
I hope so too, anon.
>>
>>319275415
If they don't put it out episodically and try and make the entire game before releasing it, it'll cost millions, if not hundreds of millions, and take years to make.
Seriously we wouldn't see the game until like 2025 or 2030 if they don't put it out episodically
>>
>>319271946
Oh yeah
I loved Asura's Wrath
>qte to stop Meteor with the lifestream
Can't wait
>>
His arms seriously look atrophied
>>
>>319275576
>editing out your own name
>can just go onto facebook and look up the conversation and find you

you fucked up
>>
File: 1449358768206.jpg (37 KB, 734x734) Image search: [Google]
1449358768206.jpg
37 KB, 734x734
>>319274687
>Nojima thinks Cloud's sickly appearance is brilliant.
>>
>>319275779
I wonder why, almost as if he is actually sick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmo4MwSfVgE
>>
>>319275779
>I like how he looks sickly, but does his head need to be attached to his body?
>>
>>319275773
This is good bait for people new to the internet. I might have to use it. May I use this newly created bait?
>>
>>319270063
WHAT DOES IT MEAN BY "MULTI-PART RELEASE"?
>>
File: 1440710348124.jpg (29 KB, 363x483) Image search: [Google]
1440710348124.jpg
29 KB, 363x483
>>319275935
>>
>>319275850
>>319275756
>>319275651
>>319275576
>>319275415
He is 100% correct. /v/ is just jaded losers who won't accept change for good.
>>
>>319274250
>/v/ hates on KH2FM combat

seems like the opposite to me if you exclude the shitposting

i always got the impression that most people who've actually played it think KH2 critical mode is pretty damn good.
>>
>>319270774
I don't want a .hack mmo like everyone seems to want but fuck, I could really go for a new .hack game on the ps4
>>
>>319276107
How about a .hack collection on PS4 if they don't want to make a new game
>>
>>319275756
>developers are lazy
>this is a prized game
What is wrong with blackout-chan?
>>
>>319276189
>Replaying through all those repetitive dungeons again
As cool as that'd be, I honestly don't know that I'd have it in me to play those games again.
I'd like a //G.U. collection though, since I never played the second or third one in that series.
>>
File: 87s13li6i1hc.jpg (70 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
87s13li6i1hc.jpg
70 KB, 810x780
>>319276107
>>319276189
CC2 teased us with the possibility with an HD collection (or an actual sequel) if Guilty Dragon did well in the west.
But guess what ended up not getting localized in the end.
>>
>>319276023
Look at the way he talks on facebook. Some people just choose to be retarded.
>>
>tfw Kyoto team is forced onto FF7 after 15 releases
>Osaka has full reigns on KH3

please god, no.
>>
>>319276436
My expectations for KH3 keep going lower and lower.
>>
File: 1424956005076.gif (3 MB, 593x443) Image search: [Google]
1424956005076.gif
3 MB, 593x443
>>319270063
Multiple parts? What the hell are these assholes thinking? I miss the days where there wasn't a reason for patches or......You know what, I don't give a fuck. Having multiple parts in a remake is stupid. Can't these idiots do somthing good without fucking it up because of reasons? Call me when you finish your game, you dipshits.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.