[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED ATB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 19
Final Fantasy VII Remake is confirmed to have ATB system

>What about the elements of the original battle system?

>Nomura: “In the end, it’s based on Final Fantasy VII, so elements like the ATB gauge and Limit Breaks will appear with new ways to be used. Please look forward to how this game will evolve through the remake.”

>The ATB gauge is there, but it’s not the type where you wait for it to fill up and then attack. Instead, it’s its own system that lends to the action of this game. Its name might also be changed. Nomura says you should pay particular attention to when the gauge turns red.

>There are three-member parties and you can switch freely between them. You can also just control one character if you don’t want to switch.

Cross dressing also specifically confirmed
>The scenario where Cloud cross-dresses for Don Corneo will be in the game, but the design still hasn’t been decided.

So it's ATB based with menus, just with more flashier animation.

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-details-reason-multi-part-release-cyberconnect2-collaboration-more
>>
>>319268096
>Final Fantasy VII Remake is confirmed to have ATB system

Wasn't that obvious looking at the trailer?
>>
Also confirmed for episodic so I've lost all interest.
>>
>>319268096
Your post confirms it's not ATB. It's similar to XIII.
>>
It's going to be you mash the buttons until a bar fills up and then you can do special attacks. How 'new' and 'exciting' for this hack and slash.
>>
>>319268096
>>The ATB gauge is there, but it’s not the type where you wait for it to fill up and then attack. Instead, it’s its own system that lends to the action of this game.

>So it's ATB based with menus, just with more flashier animation.

Been reading long?

It's clearly an action system where you can bust out stronger shit when gauge is filled.
>>
>>319268096
I was hyped for it, but then they announced it's being made by CyberShitect2 and is going to be a linear episodic game because Life is Strange was such a hit and I lost all interest.
Fuck this "remake".
Episode is the codeword for cancer.
>>
File: d-20151206-021940_446(1).webm (56 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
d-20151206-021940_446(1).webm
56 KB, 512x288
>>319268096
no it's not
>>
>>319268551
XIII is ATB you idiot

Also Nomura literlaly said it is ATB

>>319268731
Nope, it's ATB based where you input commands from the menu, 7Rs ATB just lets you do multiple commands during one ATB charge which is why Cloud attacks multiple times

>>319268928
Nomura literlaly confirmed it is ATB, ATB means Active Time Battle, that literlaly means it is a time based system and that it is using a time bar in place

That is clearly a time bar, charging up, charging down, none of that matters, it's still time based in both instances.

LR also is ATB based despite the ATB bar depleting every time you input a command, 7R is showing that but in reverse, so that the ATB depletes normally and it charges when you input commands, still active time based.
>>
Okay it might be called ATB still but now it's more like a fatigue meter than anything
>>
File: dfsdfsfdsr45wtreretret.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dfsdfsfdsr45wtreretret.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>319269898
no
>>
>>319270016
your joke ran dry when you used it 500 times since the trailer
>>
>>319268096
It's a bar that go up everytime you hit a target.
ATB my fucking ass
>>
>>319270016
>>319270110
>>319270145
but it's true you frucking retard
>>
>>319270110
holy shit man who should we believe?

some random shit poster or the guy actually making the fucking game?
>>
>>319270110
This anon is correct. The gameplay is action oriented like XV but uses ATB to activate finishing attacks.
>>
Yeah, I have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

The webm in >>319270110 clearly shows Cloud doing regular attacks when the meter is half filled and a special attack (Braver and Big Shot) when it's red, completely ignoring the Limit bar.
>>
this shit was posted in another thread.

>Character models are being supervised by Visual Work's director.
>The team is staying away from total realism for the designs, since it might make certain characters hard to recognize. Instead, they are going to make them as real as possible, while keeping the character's personality and design intact.
>Advent Children's model data is over ten years old, so they cannot use it, even if that were the direction the team had decided upon.
>Everything from the recent trailer, aside from the recycled E3 Trailer footage, was real-time. The end scene where Cloud gets off the train transitions directly into gameplay.
>Cloud looking sick is partly due to the lighting. Nojima thinks Cloud's sickly appearance is brilliant.
>Cross-dressing is in the game, but Nomura has yet to work on the design.
>All the party member's designs are renewed like Barret's. At first they thought of going with the Advent Children design for Barret, but decided against it.
>Both the ATB and Limit gauge are present, but work differently than in the original. The ATB turning red is particularly important.
>Battle tempo will be similar to Dissidia. Battle system is being made by people who have experience in both Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts.

continued
>>
>>319270229
Anon, ATB can be utilized for more than just when you attack. Hence Nomura mentioning that ATB has a different meaning this time. The gameplay clearly showed fighting while the ATB charged and I doubt they'd be retarded enough to make it "Sit on your ass and watch the fight until the bar fills" like XIII
>>
>>319270110
Except yes

It's literlaly the reverse version of the ATB system in LR, which is still an ATB system

In 7R the ATB bar charges down over TIME, it fills up when you input commands, once it's full the bar turns red and you cannot input commands anymore, that is when you switch characters

In LR the ATB charges up over TIME, it goes down when you input commands, once it's empty you the bar you cannot input ocmmands anymore, that is when you switch to the next Schemata

7R is literally a reverse version of LRs ATB system.

And Nomura literally fucking said it is an ATB system, just used in a new way.

>>319270272
It's closer to LR, not anything like XV.

>>319270279
Wrong, what is happening is he is inputting commands to fill up the bar and then he does Braver which fills it up fully, then the bar goes red and the command menu goes inactive, meaning he can't input commands, that is when you switch characters.
>>
>>319270414

>Nomura: "If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some parts of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some of the original content from the game, and it would be especially difficult to add anything more. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achieved, we have decided to split the game into multiple episodes."
>Kitase: "Taking the No.8 Street shown in the recent trailer, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would be impossible to do with a single release. Splitting the original version into episodes with nothing dropped, as well as adding complements, and remaking the game in it's full volume is what we are thinking."
>Kitase: "Unlike the encounter battles in the original version, we're aiming for seamless, active battles like those shown in the recent trailer."
>Nomura: "Since the game is based on Final Fantasy VII, elements like the ATB Gauge and Limit Breaks will appear, but with new usage [to reflect the new combat system]. Please wait for our further announcements on how they will evolve."
>Nomura: "We are planning to dig deeper with the story in the episodes. Players who have played the original surely know everything from the beginning to the end of the game, including many very important moments. We would love to give even these players surprises."
>Kitase: "We are not going to remake a game so you only play for nostalgia. We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump. Additions will be made with this goal clear in the minds of the team."

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/173/1173362/
and
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/07094721.html
>>
>>319270567
>Taking the No.8 Street shown in the recent trailer, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would be impossible to do with a single release. Splitting the original version into episodes with nothing dropped, as well as adding complements, and remaking the game in it's full volume is what we are thinking.

So hopefully the episodes will seem more like disk changes... only each disk is sold separately. The full game is going to cost an arm and a leg but I think I could dig it if it's as densely packed as he makes it sound.
>>
File: 1445404938054.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445404938054.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1080
>>319270567
Here's the thing about the episodic shit: We need to know pricing and amount of "episodes" to determine if this is bad or not.
Example: FFVII came in 3 discs, FFVIIr would have cost $60 due to the major rehauls making it more than an HD port. If they split the game into three $20 chunks, it's not that bad, it's the price we'd pay anyway.
>>
File: popcorn.gif (173 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.gif
173 KB, 200x200
>>319271094
>>319271097
>First episode sells like crazy
>Second episode doesn't sell for shit as people wait for the entire game to be released
>Third episode goes the way of Half-Life because funding dries up
>>
>>319271097

Most optimistic outcome:
>VII-R comes out in three episodes, one year apart and they don't cost any extra. For the price of 70$ you get the whole thing. Like you're supposed to.

Most pessimistic outcome:
>VII-R comes out in 10 episodes, 6 months apart and each costs 30$. The game world is linear and there is no exploring the world map or inspecting areas in your own accord. You get a "Story continues in the next chapter..." message after every story instance.
>>
Everything is shaping out to be very good so far, aside from the news that it would be episodic.

If each episode was 40 hours of content or even 100 hours, they won me over either way.

Initial (negative) reception is always the most harmful.
>>
>>319270414
Advent Children's model data is over ten years old, so they cannot use it

Does anyone know what this means?
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaa.jpg (13 KB, 324x451) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
13 KB, 324x451
>>319271564
>Kitase: We are not going to remake a game so you only play for nostalgia. We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump. We are adjusting the storyline with this idea in mind.

Here you go, senpai.
>>
>>319271415
I'm guessing 3 episodes. The first one is just Midgar, the second the rest of disc 1, or perhaps up to the part where Sephiroth gets the black materia, and the third is everything else.
>>
>>319269898
>Nomura literlaly confirmed it is ATB, ATB means Active Time Battle, that literlaly means it is a time based system and that it is using a time bar in place

How fucking autistic are you? He says it's not like the old game. How the fuck do you get ITS JUST LIKE THE OLD GAME from him saying it isn't like the old game.
>>
>>319271745
If they were smart, they would cut them exactly like the original discs for the sake of nostalgia alone. Keeping the players out of world map in their most initial episode would be a dumb move.
>>
>>319271854
You think they would sell the final dungeon as a standalone episode? Not even Square Enix would pull that.
>>
>>319271890
Everyone would be willing to pay for the final battle and all the final disc sidequest conclusions though.
>>
File: 1374879736628.jpg (87 KB, 380x360) Image search: [Google]
1374879736628.jpg
87 KB, 380x360
>>319271678
Not him but
>tfw reading that

If I wanted FFVII to stay exactly the same, I'd just go play FFVII. I'm actually super excited to see what changes will be made. Good or bad, the remake is going to be one hell of a ride.
>>
>>319271678
>Kitase: "Taking the No.8 Street shown in the recent trailer, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would be impossible to do with a single release. Splitting the original version into episodes with nothing dropped, as well as adding complements, and remaking the game in it's full volume is what we are thinking."
>Nomura: "We are planning to dig deeper with the story in the episodes. Players who have played the original surely know everything from the beginning to the end of the game, including many very important moments. We would love to give even these players surprises."
>Kitase: "We are not going to remake a game so you only play for nostalgia. We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump. Additions will be made with this goal clear in the minds of the team."

all the information we've gotten is second hand from internet dumbasses. it's conflicting, so unless you can read japanese, the point seems moot to me.
>>
File: Cissnei.png (262 KB, 949x532) Image search: [Google]
Cissnei.png
262 KB, 949x532
>>319271618
Advent Children had varying poly ranges for every character depending on how they appeared on screen. I recall that in the complete edition of AC, they had millions of polygons for just faces.
TLDR, movies don't use "video game" character models.

>>319271678
I want to panic but unless I've seen the changes and think they're bad, then I wont yet panic.

Besides, it gives me hope of seeing Cissnei again. Perhaps SE can give her closure. She supported Zack in Crisis Core, as Tifa supports Cloud in FF7.
>>
>>319271996
Sure, but why piss the fans off by, say, removing Honey Bee Inn scenes, Mr. Dolphin, Cid's cursing or by adding Genesis to the game?
>>
>>319271618
they're old and look like shit? doesn't seem too hard to figure. even if they weren't old, they clearly wanted a different barret design, so what's the difference?
>>
>>319272272
What?
>>
If that Don Corneo stupid shit is in the game, I don't get how people can say so much content will be cut. They're literally keeping in a part where Cloud crossdresses, evidently so convincingly that you can get some fat old man to fall for you over Aerith or Tifa. That is so dumb in all the best ways, so I would imagine very little is "too much". The name Wall Market is super fucked, however. No way Walmart in this day and age would accept that.
>>
>>319268096
>>319270110
So yeah, essentially it's KH/XV combat with a mini limit bar used for finishers, and a big limit bar for the regular limit breaks.
>>
So it's Kingdom Hearts with a stamina bar?
>>
>>319272382
The content can be in the game while still being incredibly toned down.

They've said the Honey Bee Inn will be in the game. That in and of itself means nothing. The Honey Bee Inn is not controversial or risque, it's the various scenes that occur within it. There's no confirmation that Cloud's encounter with the dozen buff homosexuals or anything like that will make it in to the game.
>>
>>319268230

They said it's gonna be like FFVII remake 1/2/3 so it'll probably be split up like the discs were
>>
File: 1428592070973.gif (975 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1428592070973.gif
975 KB, 500x282
I SAID IT FROM THE START BUT NOBODY BELIEVED IT

OF COURSE IT'S ATB, IT JUST FILLS UP WHILE YOU'RE ATTACKING THAT'S ALL

IT'S STILL A TIMED LIMITATION TO YOUR "TURN"
>>
>>319271890
>sell the final dungeon as a standalone episode?

Yup, that's what they did with FF4 After Years. A whole 5 dollars just to see the very end of the game, even though it wasn't much of anything and could have been tacked onto the previous 'episode'.

So yeah, I could see Part 3 being exactly like Disc 3.
>>
>The ATB gauge is there, but it’s not the type where you wait for it to fill up and then attack. Instead, it’s its own system that lends to the action of this game. Its name might also be changed.

It's in the game, but it does something different and it's called something different.

Doesn't that mean it's not in the fucking game?
>>
>>319272534
what about the worldmap then?
>>
>>319268096
Star Ocean 2 was a godly game. If it plays like that I can live with the game not being turn based.
>>
>>319272714
It might be that, but you do seem to do a 'finisher' after you get up to the Red, which they said was something significant. There might be a cooldown period though, so effective use of your 'party' will be attacking and doing your finisher, switching to your other members to continue your assault.

Though they did say that you could just keep using one character and wouldn't have to switch if that is what you wanted.
>>
>>319270110
Looks like you do whatever you want and get to do specials when the bar fills up. Probably lose meter if you dont dodge enemy attacks or use repetitive moves...this isnt FF7.
>>
>>319273335

I dunno how that makes a difference? The whole world map was in all 3 FF discs, so why not on all 3 episodes?
>>
>>319273237
It's the same idea, just not the same system. Imagine it like a reverse ATB. You aren't sitting around waiting to attack, instead your waiting period will be spent 'cooling down' from your attack.

Course, this would also explain why Defend isn't it's own button and instead a command. It's going to build up your meter to defend as well and once it is, your guard will break.

Oh god, I just had a realization. Counter materia, what if it needs you to actively defend and not just getting hit.

Royal Guard in FF7? Is this the birth of a whole new kind of CRAZZZZYYYYYYYY game?
>>
>>319272272
>removing the Dolphin mini game
>bad
Reddit pls go.
>>
It's still an action game where you control your characters directly at its core, so it's a good compromise
>>
Why is it so important to FFVII fans to differentiate between ATB and regular turn based games?
>>
File: yeah_okay_whatever_loser.gif (968 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
yeah_okay_whatever_loser.gif
968 KB, 499x374
>>319273830
>Demanding the original contact intact
>bad
>>
File: 1448370118812.png (15 KB, 200x164) Image search: [Google]
1448370118812.png
15 KB, 200x164
But I hate this AI party member shitty third-person beat-em-up gameplay. Am I just behind the times?
>>
File: 1434235533860.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1434235533860.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>319274074
>removing BAD content isn't a good thing
I bet you still want all those other dumb QTE moments in there.
>>
File: 1449468855376.jpg (129 KB, 650x322) Image search: [Google]
1449468855376.jpg
129 KB, 650x322
>>319274189
>>319274074
I seen your fuck up m8, I'm on to you.

I'M ON TO YOU SON.
>>
>>319274196

Hey, at least you'll be able to switch between all your party members, and maybe we'll be able to at least customize how the AI acts while we aren't controlling that character.
>>
File: groke_okay.gif (908 KB, 290x218) Image search: [Google]
groke_okay.gif
908 KB, 290x218
>>319274263
>>
>>319268096
>confirmed atb
>we clearly see cloud attacking while his "atb" is mid full
It's not atb, it's just a global cooldown to do your magic/skills while you hack and slash the shit of everything
>>
>>319274196
It seems like they want us to be switching between them fairly often. Judging by how the menu gray's out when the bar is red, it seems like you can't attack until that goes away.

So they want you to attack, fill the bar, special move, while that is going on, switch to another character and continue to attack.

Is that really any different then how it normally worked? Aside from the fact that they can act on their own when you aren't using them.
>>
File: 1428739763469.jpg (84 KB, 474x555) Image search: [Google]
1428739763469.jpg
84 KB, 474x555
>characters make acts when "ATB" bar isn't full
>"ATB" bar goes down during that video
Can you really be that deluded?
>>
>>319268096
>You can also just control one character if you don’t want to switch

God fucking damn it, this is going to lead to another situation like XII where the game was fun as hell to play if you didn't use Gambits but everyone used Gambits so they complained about the game playing itself.
>>
>Free to move and attack at your own will
>Timer slowly fills the more you do, forcing you to switch or block while it retreats back
Really simple for all the autism in here.
>>
>>319274490
It's about as turn based as Kingdom Hearts for starters.
>>
>The ATB gauge is there, but it’s not the type where you wait for it to fill up and then attack. Instead, it’s its own system that lends to the action of this game. Its name might also be changed.

>it’s not the type where you wait for it to fill up and then attack
>it’s its own system
>name might also be changed
So the ATB is in the game, but it's not "the" ATB, and it might not even be called ATB at all.

This is like saying "there's a Style gauge, but it doesn't gauge style and it might not even be called 'Style gauge' ".
>>
Looking forward to controlling Aerith, well till she dies.
>>
>>319275484
Her gameplay is probably going to be weird. If it really works like I think it does and Limit is no longer for Limit Breaks, but for an increase in those Limit Breaks power and the "ATB" bar is for those. Then she's going to need to physically attack to be able to do those things now and we know how poor she is at that.

I'm also wondering if we will still have ALL materia, or will it be redone into an AREA materia that just centers on who we are casting it on.
>>
File: baited once again.jpg (52 KB, 395x396) Image search: [Google]
baited once again.jpg
52 KB, 395x396
you're all going to buy it anyway, why argue? just lube up that anus.
>>
>>319275991
My buy will depend on 2 things.

1. What is the pricing for these 'episodes' if they are the price of a full game, then no, I will not. I will wait for the full and complete package to come out and buy that, which I know from previous experience with SE, that they will do.

2. Which content will be removed? If it's things like Mr. Dolphin, I won't be too mad. Most of those mini games were pretty shit over all and just served to slow the narrative down. They could make them better, sure, but why bother when they were such a small part that you can't even redo?

If it's something bigger though, like the Gold Saucer. I will be pissed and my purchase will be void.

Though I am sure you will claim that I am a weak willed faggot and will just buy it anyway.
>>
>hurr it's not ATB

It's literally just the reverse of the system used in the X13 games, which was ATB. Instead of waiting for the gauge to fill before attacking, you now have to manage it so that it doesn't hit max, which acts as the 'cooldown' in the ATB system.
>>
File: 1426479885500.png (508 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1426479885500.png
508 KB, 1000x1000
>>319277894
>FF13 fans/shills still posting this stale meme
desu senpai
>>
>>319277894
That's exactly what ATB is. See pic related.
Basically the same shit since FFIV, but updated.

>>319278896
But he's right. I tried differentiating them but I found they were both very similar.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.