[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>play modern fps >headache out of the ass Why? I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
>play modern fps
>headache out of the ass

Why?
I can play older shooters like CS1.6/HL1,2/older BF (before bad company)/older COD(before 4) fine.
I dont fucking understand.

pic unrelated
>>
It's most likely the FOV being too small.
>>
File: FOV 55 vs 200.png (460 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
FOV 55 vs 200.png
460 KB, 800x500
>>319264743
-tiny consolitis FOV (around 50 degrees at worst!)
-all that headbobbing, jesus!
-the motion blur + DOF blur + Bloom + Chromatic Aberration = eye-strain & migraine.
>>
>>319264848
>>319264974
I can play shit like bloodborne fine though without any headache at all. And it has all this blur and bloom and chromatic abomination and shit
>>
>>319264743
It's the FOV and all these camera effects combined with the cluttered environment which make you sick.
I have the same problem and can't play these modern games.
Better stick to the once and future king, TF2.
>>
>>319265142
That's a 3rd person game. With the small FOV of modern FPS, it feels like you are looking through a telescope or something.
>>
>>319265142
Bloodborne is in 3rd person. You're not observing it from "behind the eyes", you're literally spectating a character do things. This instantly gives you an impression of wider view, and also a point of focus (the MC), that keeps the motion sickness at bay.
>>
>search FOV on my last FPS played which is metro 2033 redux
>its 45

So what do I change it to?
Using 21:9 35" monitor btw
>>
File: human fov.jpg (34 KB, 811x600) Image search: [Google]
human fov.jpg
34 KB, 811x600
>>319265704
Anything below 75 is going to feel narrow for 16:9 alone, and many people prefer it over 90.

So I'd say 120 is the thing to aim at with your aspect ratio.
>>
>>319265704
For Metro 2033 redux, you have to use an FOV calculator because it measures the FOV vertically.

Go here and put in your resolution

http://www.rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

Then use these instructions to change the FOV of the game to whatever that calculator told you to

https://steamcommunity.com/app/286690/discussions/0/34095684723158751/
>>
>>319265142
bloodbourne is all dark colors and shit = little eyestrain
>>
>>319266093
Thanks. I'll try once I get back to home.
>>
>>319264974
>16:10 for gaming
Gross
>>
>>319264974
You must be playing on knockoffs, ive never played an FPS on console that wasn't 60 FOV.
>>
Camera sway.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.