[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate videogames that are too violent, explicit, or vulgar.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: mature.jpg (12 KB, 298x151) Image search: [Google]
mature.jpg
12 KB, 298x151
I hate videogames that are too violent, explicit, or vulgar.

I don't know why but I've never been able to enjoy it when a game is filled with any of those three things. It just starts to disgust me over time and makes me feel as though I can't enjoy the game.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Additionally, I managed to still buy a PS4 and am now realizing its best games are all rated M or sex, blood, and/or language. Are there any good games without those? Should I sell my PS4? I have Battlefront and Minecraft so I can play with my siblings and I thought that there were plenty other clean games, but nope.

>inb4 "babby only plays nintendo".

I just tend to prefer games with happier messages.
>>
Ok
>>
Quit being a faggot.
>>
>>319258056
sounds like indie game walking simulators are right up your alley.
>>
OP here. I sound too preachy in the original message and meant to emphasize my question of if anyone else feels this way.

Additionally, do any of the top PS4 games have toggles at least?
>>
>>319258056
nice blogpost
>>
>>319258343
>>319258146
>>319258213
>>319258249
Nobody understands where I'm coming from?
>>
>>319258249
I love how this works.
>"You don't enjoy dismemberment simulators? Guess you enjoy walking simulators, lol."

>"What, you don't enjoy walking simulators? I guess all you enjoy is dismemberment simulators, lol."

Anyways, everyone loves Rock Band. A new one was just released a couple months back. There's also a new Guitar Hero as well. Dragon Quest Heroes was relatively well-received.
>>
>>319258447
>>319258464
Maybe you should kill yourselves desu senpai.
>>
File: 1.jpg (117 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
117 KB, 600x600
>>319258310
Toggles? As in like a blood or no blood option?

No, that hasn't been a thing for 20 years.
>>
>>319258575
But I'm not the OP and I enjoy dismemberment simulators (and some walking simulators like Jazzpunk).
>>
I hate to burst your bubble, anon, but games can have happy messages while still addressing the fact that life is full of sex, violence, and language.

Not every game can be Dora the Explorer Journey to the Purple Planet.
>>
>>319258447
Try like.... Terreria?
>>
>>319258447
You're on a website whose favorite word is alternately nigger and faggot. Not many people here will understand.
>>
>>319258578
most games still have that you dumb fuck try checking the options of any game
>>
>>319258056
do these things embarrass you?
>>
>>319258056
Just play some weeaboo waifu games
>>
>>319258578
I remember having it on Primal Rage for Sega.

Good days.

>>319258628
I'm not saying I want a completely sugarcoated game. All I'm saying is that games centered around brutally killing zombies, or actual people, have never made me really enjoy playing them. I can't think of a single context where such blood and gore and violence could be mixed with a happy message. Maybe Fallout 4 from what I hear? It seems like the happiest of the games with those ratings.

>>319258643
I played Terraria a while back but I didn't get a buzz from it.

Maybe I really am a Nintendo kind of guy :(
>>
>>319258925
No. They just make me feel generally unhappy when I'm playing them and they grow old quickly
>>
>>319258464
Rock Band sucks. Karaoke is not a video game.
>>
>>319258956
jrpgs arent too bad, been enjoying FFX HD
>>
>>319258956
>>319259045
Not sure why you picked a PS4 then, OP. I think even the Xbone has more games that match your criteria, though you really should have gotten a Wii U.
>>319259062
But it is a video game, like, it factually is a video game. Sorry.
>>
>>319259045
do you have anxiety problems?
>>
>>319258956
Witcher 3? Dragon Age Inquisition? Both of these are violent games with happy messages depending on your choices.

To dismiss a game because it's 'violent' and therefore not likely to have a happy message is a disservice to yourself.
>>
>>319259132
I have a Wii U already. I primarily bought a PS4 for Battlefront and Destiny. I'm just having a bit of buyer's remorse because I thought I'd have better luck.

Do you think I could make off with $400 if I sold it? I still have the packaging and heck, even the receipt.
>>
>>319259374
It's selling for $300 right now with a couple of games, so no. Best you'd be able to get used would be ~$200, probably less.
>>
I don't think I take it as far as you do, but I'm not really into gore. The QTE kills on centaurs in God of War III had you slicing their stomachs open and intestines spilled out and everything, and I thought that was too much.

Like you, I also prefer games with "happier" messages, or at least games where the good guys can win. I heard Age of Decadence was a good RPG, so I looked it up. Its description on GOG quotes a review that said "If you want to be the hero of a story, this isn't the game for you." That's where I lost my interest. The fact that it's low-magic and I like playing magic users didn't help either.

I don't mind nudity and language, though.
>>
>>319258056
>I managed to still buy a PS4 and am now realizing its best games are all rated M or sex, blood, and/or language.
Real talk. Do you just blindly buy a console without checking what games exist for it? I mean, if you prefer games that are less than the M or T label that's all well and good but it sounds like you bought a console prematurely.
>>
>>319259242
Yeah. I guess "happy message" was a poor choice of words. I meant clean games as a whole.

>>319259150
Yeah. Although I am a really happy person overall. I struggle with depression a bit but I've been able to overcome it. But that's a different story.
>>
>>319259613
I don't know what I was thinking, honestly. I thought that Battlefront, Destiny, and maybe two other games were worth it but man, I was wrong.
>>
Buy Tearaway Unfolded.
>>
>>319258056
>buying a system without looking into it's current and upcoming library
Shiggydiggywiggitywoo
>>
>>319258956
I just picked up a wii u to serve my nice happy needs. Splatoon is fun as fuck OP
>>
>>319258956
>I'm not saying I want a completely sugarcoated game. All I'm saying is that games centered around brutally killing zombies, or actual people, have never made me really enjoy playing them. I can't think of a single context where such blood and gore and violence could be mixed with a happy message. Maybe Fallout 4 from what I hear? It seems like the happiest of the games with those ratings.

I can relate to that. I like a game with exciting combat, and I don't mind if there's blood or whatever, but when gore and/or dismemberment is a major selling point of the game, that tends to turn me off. It's the same reason I don't like slasher movies.
>>
Try Bloodborne OP
>>
>>319259731
Well it's up to you what to do. Perhaps there are hidden gems on the PS4 that are more to your liking. I personally don't know. You could sell your console and games if you really think they aren't for you.

If you plan to get another console then I recommend you really look at said console's (upcoming and present) library.
>>
>>319258056
I'm with you. Is it linked to anxiety? I know it doesn't give me anxiety per se, but if always prefer any experience with as little blood/gore/sex/language as possible.

Tales of Zestiria, final fantasy X, Destiny isn't bad, trine 1 and 2... Just got a ps4 myself and this is what's working for me
>>
>>319258447

Have you tried not being a little bitch?
>>
>>319260317
Yeah. If I sell it I might just save the money and keep playing my Wii U. I still have WWHD to finish up along with whatever games might be coming up, such as Zelda 2015 and I want to play Xenoblade X.

This will derail the thread though so please don't reply.
>>
>>319260363
Not really anxiety as it is so much moral. I'm really religious and have always avoided things that make me feel unclean and games that usually qualify for M ratings reach that criteria.

>>319260365
Yes. And it worked. But I'm just wondering if there are any games worth keeping a PS4 for that aren't filled with gore.
>>
>>319260605
>I'm really religious
Well that changes everything
>>
I remember when M rated games made up less than half of a console's library and it actually was a big deal when you got one since video game clerks wouldn't see it to minors kind of like going to an R rated movie
Nowadays it's 90 percent of a library to appeal to the COD audience who are mostly made up of pre-teens

Maybe I'm just an oldfag
>>
>>319258056
Ratchet and clank. Only good game coming out.
>>
>>319260605
>I'm religious
Thanks for clearing that up senpai-kun
Time to close this thread and move on
>>
Buy Tearaway Unfolded.
>>
File: Sandy_Hook.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Sandy_Hook.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>319260605
>>
>>319261294
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: Putt-Putt Travels Through Time.jpg (74 KB, 328x466) Image search: [Google]
Putt-Putt Travels Through Time.jpg
74 KB, 328x466
Sounds like you need Putt-Putt in your life, OP.
>>
>>319261502
HOT ZIGGITY
I hate the fact that I know that.
>>
File: 1449211912959.png (13 KB, 395x399) Image search: [Google]
1449211912959.png
13 KB, 395x399
>>319258056
>I hate videogames that are too violent, explicit, or vulgar.
>Does anyone else feel this way?

Yes, but i'm not being a bitch about it.
>>
>>319262101
Was I acting like one?
I just thought I was asking a question. I would think maybe Id be whiny or something if I was demanding people to cater to my needs or just complaining as a whole but U thought I did pretty well with this generally.

Sorry about my impression.
>>
>>319260605
>I'm really religious
>Posts here on 4chan
Yeah 4chan wouldn't be considered the most moral abiding place in the eyes of God anon.
>>
>>319263235
Im still deciding if this is called being a light or casting pearls before swine
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.