[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"The vast majority of people just don't even r
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: savior.png (1 MB, 940x790) Image search: [Google]
savior.png
1 MB, 940x790
>"The vast majority of people just don't even realize they're making games for men because they are men."
>Daphne Ippolito, a computer science major at the University of Toronto, is speaking her mind at Level Up, a student game development showcase.
>I've asked her about sexism in gaming, and how to fix it.
>"They're just making games they'd like to play," she points out, not coincidentally at a mostly male gaming event. "If there were more diverse people with a lot of different viewpoints going into the finished product there wouldn't be such a unified idea of what games should be."
>"I don't think it would be difficult for games to incorporate more female playable characters and not just sex toys for the men," she adds. "There's just no one there telling them to do that."
>Women make up 45 per cent of gamers across all platforms, including 40 per cent of console gamers and 50 per cent of computer gamers, so people got understandably upset at the lack of female representation. "As a woman, it's very problematic to see so few playable female characters in games," said noted activist and developer Brianna Wu.
>"There is a greater awareness of the underlying causes of the lack of diversity in the tech and games industries and with that they can start to be addressed. It won't be an easy road and it is not fixed yet."
> In the short term, the goal is to increase awareness and gather knowledge of the factors contributing to this gender imbalance.
>The medium-term goal is improve working conditions for women already employed, and then long-term, figure out how attract more young women to study computer science in the first place.
>"I came across research that proved that diverse teams can perform better than expert teams. During the hiring process, we should be thinking about building the best teams, not hiring the best candidates."

Thoughts on this, lads?

https://archive.is/eiPZV
>>
File: wat.gif (3 MB, 336x335) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
3 MB, 336x335
>>319257630
>During the hiring process, we should be thinking about building the best teams, not hiring the best candidates.

The fuck am I reading?
>>
What
>>
American problems
>>
>>319257906
>yfw companies slowly die because they hire women who get along and don't do work because they're busy talking about their periods
>>
File: 1288146461227.jpg (29 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
1288146461227.jpg
29 KB, 276x276
>>319257630
>"As a woman, it's very problematic to see so few playable female characters in games," said noted activist and developer Brianna Wu.
>As a woman
>Brianna Wu
>>
>>319258265

>>yfw companies slowly die because they hire men who get along and don't do work because they're busy talking about how their sports team did

That's how retarded you sound like right now
>>
>>319257630

IT doesn't make any sense throughout the article she's calling gamers "Sad lonely P.O.S" and then complains that there is no women in the industry.

I think the author has to re-read what she has written, also Canada is a shit country and deserves the respect of what South Park throws at it. It feels like driving down to Canada I must buy square wheels.
>>
>>319258389
Companies don't hire men who get along, they hire men who get the job done.
>>
>>319258389
Difference is men will actually work while talking about their sports team
>>
>>319258157

It's Canadian, the shittiest liberal country on the planet, next to Sweden.

It's not ok to objectify women but ok to objecitfy m
>>
>>319258473

>people do work while they're not working

:/
>>
>>319258357

I don't get it
>>
>>319258545
Oh shit the liberals got him
>>
>go to pizza parlor because I like pizza
>the pizza there is good
>hang out with friends there who also like the pizza
>me, my friends, and the other customers are 95% male
>as word gets out on how good the pizza is, more people visit the pizza parlor
>now women make up 50% of the customers
>pizza is still good

I don't understand why some people are so scared of women playing and making video games
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.