[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A top fighting game player whose main game is Guilty Gear just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: GGxrd poster.jpg (276 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
GGxrd poster.jpg
276 KB, 600x847
A top fighting game player whose main game is Guilty Gear just won the biggest and the last Street Fighter IV tournament.

Let's have a Guilty Gear thread.
>>
>>319257226
Why does Xrd get so much hate? I definitely don't like Danger time, and I miss a lot of old characters, but otherwise I like most of the mechanical changes, and feel they did a good job streamlining, without losing depth.

(Now if they would just get rid of Option Selects)
>>
>>319257405
Because a lot of character got cut, the gameplay got changed almost entirely, a lot of executionfags got pissy over FRC removal, and the balance was questionable in 1.0 (Zato and Millia)

The game is not horrible. It just did not fit in with its intended audience.
>>
>>319257405
>if they would just get rid of Option Selects
I thought they did in Revelator.
>>
>>319257405
>Why does Xrd get so much hate?
Because no (insert character)
>>
Didn't Daigo win Evo for GG too a while back?
>>
>>319258954
03 and 04, for Reload.
>>
>>319258807
>the gameplay got changed almost entirely
I don't see much difference between Xrd and #Re
>got pissy over FRC removal
New RC system is so much better

The main problem is too much new characters over old GG vets. Like we most likely will get Raven and Tuner in console Revelator and while Raven is fine there's absolutely no reason to include fucking Tuner over Testament for example.
>>
File: 1446525667173.webm (3 MB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
1446525667173.webm
3 MB, 604x340
>>319257226
Why japs are so good at fighting games?
>>
>>319258807
To be fair, the aim of the system changes was mostly to bring in more casuals.
>>
>>319257226
I wouldn't say Kazunoko's main game is guilty gear, he's been playing SF4 for years now. I'd say he probably plays both games equally.
>>
>I don't see much difference between Xrd and #Re
No FRCs, No impossible dusts, presence of homing dash, no slashback, DANGER TIME.

Pretty sure there were also tweaks to proration, and damage. The list goes on.
>New RC system is so much better
Pretty sure a handful of players will disagree with you.
>The main problem is too much new characters over old GG vets.
Wouldn't be an issue if not for Sin's damage and Elphelt, who probably was not playtested at all. Testament dies in both of his endings in AC as well.
>>
>>319259958

You forgot Force break.

Also slashback may has well not been a feature.
>>
>>319259958
AC plot isn't part of the main storyline.
>>
>>319259958
>No impossible dusts
ID was a shitty gimmick not proper game mechanic and was replaced by homing dash.
>Slashbacks
I said #Re not AC. And we have blitz anyway.
>handful of players will disagree with you
I never saw serious criticism of new RC system except for slowdown.
>DANGER TIME
Yeah, it's shit.
>>
Not a competitive fighting game player, but I skipped over Xrd because I think the new characters look like ultra weebshit and they cut a lot of characters I liked. It looks more like BlazBlue than Guilty Gear.

I may check out Guilty Gear Xrd Ultra Slash #Reload Accent Core++ R which will have a much more complete roster.
>>
>>319257405
That's because people here greatly exaggerate this game's "flaws" when it comes down to it. This is honestly the least raped fighter that returned for the modern era (maybe besides Virtua Fighter 5.) Pretty much everything was HORRENDOUS compared to their old counterparts. Thankfully Xrd that isn't the case. There is flaws with Xrd for sure, but it's definitely not a damn betrayal to anyone who actually loved these games. You can say you think Accent Core +R is better if you want to, but at the same time you say Xrd is complete dogshit though. Then that guy is probably talking out of his ass or is holding certain changes to a lot higher value for the overall quality then they actually are.

Xrd is still a great game and it'll continue to improve as time moves on.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.