[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else significantly excited for HZD? They uploaded a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: HorizonZeroDawn.jpg (359 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HorizonZeroDawn.jpg
359 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else significantly excited for HZD?

They uploaded a new gameplay video about a month ago that details some of the RPG elements and traps and stuff. Also shows off some of the t-rex's attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvI5AHu5Xao

To be honest, this looks like what a video game should be. Fighting robot dinosaurs in the post apocalypse. Not fucking call of duty. I kinda hope it ends up being a western interpretation of the whole Monster Hunter idea. Now if only they'd fix the frame drops it gets during the big explosions.

im sure someone is going to call me a shill, but trust me if I was being paid I'd do a better job than this. Game looks neat and I wanna talk about it.
>>
it looks cool, I want a playable demo.
>>
>>319246431
that guy must be into those JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP hair products
>>
>>319246637
that guy has a vagina
>>
I was excited when i saw screenshots of it but then i actually watched gameplay and the goddamn character you play as wont shut the hell up. I mean holy shit.
>>
Honestly from everything I've seen it looks no different than any other modern generic third person action-adventure game. I can't really get hyped.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-03-23-50-29.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-03-23-50-29.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>319246743
That's a stupid reason not to get a game
>>
>>319246869
The difference is most third person action-adventure games are either straight shooters or beat em ups with Batman combat, while you fight robot dinosaurs in this
>>319246431
Need to see more of the world and how the RPG and crafting stuff plays into it.

Being stuck with a bow for the entire game will get boring unless there is enough variety.
>>
>>319246431
I can't say I'm hyped but I might buy it one day
>>
>>319246431
What is that retarded bitch going to do with that tiny ass bow
>>
That dev has JUST hair
>>
>>319246869
What about it is generic
>>
>>319246986
Yeah and this really doesn't look any different, apart from the robot dinosaur thing. Which when you say it makes it sound like a big deal, but when you think about it really has very little impact on how the game plays.
>>
File: 1447645358624.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
1447645358624.gif
2 MB, 316x213
>>319246958
Games are things of passion. What we play "for the hell of it" so really any reason to play or not play is valid. Some things just really turn one off and prevents them from getting immersed.

I cant get over the "setting" of this fucking game and all the logical inconsistencies about it(robots as dinosaurs, who we hunt with bows and arrows...) so i just cant get into it.
>>
>>319247073
Did you not see? She shoots an exploding arrow at it to knock off one of its giant mortar launchers, then fucks it up with that.
>>
>>319247364
>all the logical inconsistencies about it(robots as dinosaurs, who we hunt with bows and arrows...) so i just cant get into it.
you must be a really fun and vibrant person
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-03-23-53-45.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-03-23-53-45.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>319247364
Hay man I feel you
>>
>>319247706
Not him but I don't really see how thinking stupid things are stupid makes you an unfun person. You don't have to like things just because they're weird and zany, you know that right?
>>
>>319247939
Weird and zany has nothing to do with it, complaining about realism in a game about robot dinosaurs does. It's just a complete and utter lack of imagination/ability to suspend disbelief, hence, unfun.

Does he not play bayonetta because it's unrealistic for a woman to use shoeguns or have transforming hair?
>>
File: STOP IT STOP IT.jpg (185 KB, 978x972) Image search: [Google]
STOP IT STOP IT.jpg
185 KB, 978x972
LEL, IMPLYING ANYONE WANTS A 12FPS SILKY SMOOTH PIECE OF SHIT CoD CLONE MADE BY KILLZONE DEVELOPERS

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING SONYGGER
>>
>>319248249
See, the difference here is Bayonetta would literally just beat the fuck out of a robot dinosaur and it would be over the top and not believable at all, and that's fine.

This game is trying to immerse you in this world where for some reason the best defense we have against robot dinosaurs is wooden bows.

Bayonetta using a wooden bow on anything would be more ridiculous than her literally breaking a car in half and using it as boxing gloves.
>>
>>319248539
So the method of killing something makes it unbelievable? And not the fact that there are giant robot dinosaurs in the first place?

Robot dinosaurs are already ridiculous and over the top and not believable at all. Again, it's about imagination and being able to have fun with it.

And the reason they're using bows is because obviously the robot dinosaurs got out of control and fucked up civilization, causing the few surviving humans to retreat to the wilderness/caves/whatever else. Few dozen generations later, no one remembers how to make a gun, but they can still figure out how to use one after shooting it off of the dinosaur. And the bow is very clearly not wooden, it has exploding arrows and all kinds of other things.
>>
>>319248539
That's clearly not a wooden bow you fuckwad.
>>
>>319249408
I'm assuming you've never heard the phrase 'internal logic' since you're wondering why I don't have a problem with robot dinosaurs.
>>
File: no.gif (46 KB, 248x244) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
46 KB, 248x244
>Robot dinosaurs wasted on a generic third person action stealth game with puddle deep rpg elements
>>
>>319249701
Ok, I'll bite. What is wrong with the "internal logic"

And before you answer, please remember that the bow is definitely not wooden and has plenty of utility arrows.
>>
I'm interested. Too bad no one ever released a demo these days.
>>
>>319250072
Oh so you've played it?
I know you're shitposting but you looked lonely
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.