[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is no reason why we can't have a modern FF game with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: FFVII_WM_Kalm.jpg (20 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
FFVII_WM_Kalm.jpg
20 KB, 400x299
There is no reason why we can't have a modern FF game with this style overworld. We still get this style overworld in games like Tales and DQ, plus a bunch of smaller JRPG franchises.
>>
But it isn't realistic! You don't see all the monsters on the overworld! Cloud is like 1/2 the size of that one building!
>>
>>319244409
square takes FF too seriously now its not gonna happen.

Atleast we have bravely default as the new FF replacement. Has better character designs too so the future might be ok
>>
Not sure about Tales, but DQ keeps the OW because of the "sticking to tradition" shit or whatever it has going on in the series.

FF is constantly changing its ways so I doubt they'll keep many elements from older RPGs in later titles.
>>
>>319244718
It seriously ducks balls though. I'm replaying 7 now and I just know the remake won't live up to this..they're probably gonna fuck the music too
>>
Console Tales hasn't had a full OW since Vesperia
>>
last game with an overworld like that I remember playing was Ni no Kuni -- even had boat/flying/etc.. classic style

shame there wasn't really much to explore and was just led by the story plus other issues, but still nice
>>
>>319245246

It's the curse, until the game doesn't come in english on a playstation console every later entry is bound to be fucking shit. Working flawlessly so far, not one single good entry out of like, six.
>>
>>319245656
That was some fucking Monkey's Paw shit, the minute Tales starting turning to rushed out ass was when Namco suddenly decided being awful about localization was a bad idea

Imagine if they had their shit together a decade earlier
>>
File: ninokuni_map.jpg (328 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
ninokuni_map.jpg
328 KB, 1200x675
>>319245515
it was a comfy overworld
>>
>>319244409
Type Zero
>>
>>319244409
It's been a long time since the Tales series has had a decent overworld
>>
>>319246212
It's shit.
>>
>>319244409
It looks like shit, m8.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.