[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY is Cloud in Smash? As it stands Nintendo is advertising
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 24
WHY is Cloud in Smash?

As it stands Nintendo is advertising for a competitor.

>ff7 on the NX

So promoting a character for the possibility of the game being on a system that isn't coming out for a couple years.

It doesn't add up. What is Nintendo planning? What kind of deal was made?
>>
They just added Cloud into Smash. That's it, there is no deep plan. Nothing everything involving Smash means a long term plan.
>>
>>319237572
Ffvii pc ported to vc

Also at this stage nintemdob has no more icons so need to steal others (see sega characters)
>>
Why is Snake in Brawl? MGS4 is on the PS3.
Why is Ryu in Smash? SFV is on the PS4 and PC.
>>
It's cool and people will buy it. Why else?
>>
File: 1280.png (414 KB, 700x1021) Image search: [Google]
1280.png
414 KB, 700x1021
Ever since Cloud got in, I really wish I spammed the ballot with Bayonetta votes. I want her in so much now
;_;
>>
It's to please weeb fags

Cloud doesn't belong in Smash, he barely qualifies as a gaming icon (unless you count FF series only)
And FF7 was never on a Nintendo system
>>
File: Gekko_-_Brawl_Trophy.png (166 KB, 393x566) Image search: [Google]
Gekko_-_Brawl_Trophy.png
166 KB, 393x566
Shameless promotion of a PS3 exclusive title:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMIVdTnvfzg
>>
>>319237572
It's not like the Final Fantasy series doesn't have any history with Nintendo. It did start with Nintendo after all. Cloud just happens to be the most popular and iconic Final Fantasy character.
>>
>>319238754
I'm so glad that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBvOK2ebPBo made it in.
>>
>>319238529
>Bayonetta in an E10 game
Sorry dude, that's not happening
>>
>>319239109
>online interactions not rated
She's DLC, ESRB doesn't apply.
>>
>>319237572
FF7 doesn't need any advertisement, everybody already knows Cloud. Putting him in is more likely to draw FF fans to check out Smash than the other way around.
>>
>>319239314
I don't think DLC is considered to be online interactions, dude.
>>
Smash bros and FF7 are completely different markets. That isn't competition, that's hope for getting some FF7 fans to buy a wii u and play Smash and getting Smash fans to buy a PS4 and FF7.

Win-win
>>
>>319239936
DLC doesn't get rated by the ESRB regardless.
>>
File: 3rdParties (small).png (558 KB, 1203x890) Image search: [Google]
3rdParties (small).png
558 KB, 1203x890
oh god, i'm glad i made it here on time

>>319237572
>As it stands Nintendo is advertising for a competitor.
Sakurai and Nintendo could give less of the damn about console war shit Nintendrones keep obsessing about and we've kept telling you this for the whole time.

Cloud is the face of the FF, basically SE's mascot, and the pioneer of JPRGs. rest are generic characters and least popular than Cloud and FF7, while that other SE icons still have a shot in Smash. (no SMRPG shit tho)

>What is Nintendo planning? What kind of deal was made?
nothing, everything is conspiracy to you Smash kids. Nomura and SE wanted Cloud in Smash and they'v been wanting this since fucking Snake got in.

as followed by Sakurai's criteria on 3rd parties/guests, Cloud:
>is a video game character
>which Sakurai, SE, and Nintendo agreed to happen
>is a guest representative who made 6 cameos on Nintendo (which is just a courtesy, not a requirement)
>who also held video game history like the mentioned above
>not a ballot representative, like Ryu.

only thing Cloud broke was every little entitled Smashfag's little personal rule on 3rd party characters, he had nothing stopping him from being included.
>>
>>319237572

Wii U is hurting. Putting Cloud in Smash will legitimately get 500,000 fanboys to buy the system just for Smash Bros.

Its also is effectively free advertising for SquareEnix, even if FFVII doesn't come to NX. They allow Nintendo to put Cloud in their game at little to no cost and tons of Nintendo fans keep getting reminded to buy FFVII.
>>
>>319238529
>no real guns
>>
>>319239314
PEGI and CERO are still involved
>>
All Sakurai really wants to do is basically make Smash the best character game ever, as he said back in E3 2014. What better way to do then include some of the most famous characters in gaming, one of them being Cloud?
>>
>>319241272
Nobody gives a fuck about PEGI, and CERO lets you get away with murder.
>>
>>319241391
>CERO lets you get away with murder.
BAHAHAHA
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/18/cero-and-palutenas-censorship/
>>
>>319237572
>Cloud is only in FF VII
c'mon /v/, smarten up.
>>
>>319240815
>Sakurai and Nintendo could give less of the damn about console war

Except it was the reason they didn't continue to put Snake in the game
>>
Ok so tl;dr- cross promotion. I get it

I just don't see how Nintendo profits from this nearly as much as square enix or sony or really everyone else.
>>
>>319241490
>Except it was the reason they didn't continue to put Snake in the game
source?
>>
>>319238529
>>319239109
>>319240986

that and no one really gives a shit about bayonetta. she just doesn't belong in the same sentence with sonic, pac-man, ryu, cloud strife, and mega man.

same thing applies to alot of third parties out there like shovel knight, shantae, earthworm jim, klonoa, etc. none of them are in the same league as the third parties currently in smash.
>>
Because Nintendo actually cares about their consumers and don't let their competitive bullshit get in the way.
>>
>>319241638
i find it funny Kratos is more likely than Bayonetta and Dante, since he's a Sony-owned icon, doesn't hold realistic guns, part of an actual well sold series, and Sakurai saying it's not really required for outsiders to have Nintendo appearance to be a potential guest representative.

might as well be Mr. Hack 'n Slash to everyone.
>literally Shovel Knight DLC
>>
>>319237572
God, you again?
One, why do you care about company politics so much?
And two, you realize there's more to having characters in games besides simple exposure and advertising, right?
>>
File: 4thParties(small).png (483 KB, 1213x928) Image search: [Google]
4thParties(small).png
483 KB, 1213x928
even after Cloud and Snake, it still hasn't broken the floodgates for non-vidya characters like Goku, Spongebob, and Mickey and Sakurai's trying his hardest to keep 4th parties off the Smash Bros balance outside Mii Fighters.

so don't even try to whip out the Goku argument on Cloud, dense piece of shits.
>>
>>319241391
>CERO lets you get away with murder

I love how ignorant /v/ is and how much they chant America is nothing but puritan prudes.
>>
>>319241752
Lmfao good one
>>
>>319241557
What if I told you profits had little if anything to do with it?
>>
>>319243097
outside Smash-related or very personal negotiations, yeah.
>>
IT'S CAUSE FF7 HD THE PC VERSION, IS RELEASING ON WIIU, TOMORROW. THAT'S WHAT THE ANNOUNCEMENT IS
>>
>>319237572
>a system that isn't coming out for a couple years
It'll likely be out in time for Christmas next year, anon. Cloud is in Smash for one simple reason. He's super popular, people voted for him in the poll, and the only criteria for winning the poll was "being a video game character". I'd hope that there is a second criteria, wherein the character must have also been in a game on a Nintendo system, but Cloud actually, just barely, meets that as well. So there you have it.

>>319240943
>Putting Cloud in Smash will legitimately get 500,000 fanboys to buy the system just for Smash Bros.
I never really thought about this, but yeah, I bet it will get quite a few people to buy.
>>
I'm happy to announce that Cloud Strife of Final Fantasy VII fame will be added episodically to Smash bros for Wii U/3DS.
>>
File: Seven Rong Rears Rago.png (128 KB, 1317x252) Image search: [Google]
Seven Rong Rears Rago.png
128 KB, 1317x252
man Nomura really wanted Cloud in Smash
>>
>>319243539
>muh 4chan/reddit leaks!
fuck off retard

tomorrow isn't Smash-related and Sakurai said he's still going to talk a little more about Cloud on the coming final broadcast
>>
>>319243949
>tomorrow isn't Smash-related

How do we know?
>>
>>319243698
Ouch, that's like someone asking if you are going to a mutual friend's party and you weren't invited.
>>
Because Smash is a celebration of vidya, not just Nintendo
>>
>>319244042
the NoA marketing guy is the same guy that was hyping up indies and shit.

also, the MyNintendo/Nintendo Account shit. Nintendo has yet to announce that after the japan release.
>>
>>319244189
this

also Sakurai said the Smash logo means it's a crossover (and something else he forgot about)
>>
>FF7 Remake is multi-part series in order to be able to run on the NX

NINTENDO YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS
>>
How much would the licensing fee be to use another company's character? Low enough for DLC money to cover?

And surely Cloud's likeness is worth considerably more money than someone like Ryu
>>
>>319244587
what are you spouting about, you fucking retard?
>>
>>319237572

They added Ryu and I don't see any Street Fighter games coming to the Wii U or hinted at for the NX.
>>
>>319244803
http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-multi-part-series

It's obvious that they broke it up so each smaller game would be able to run on the inferior shit NX will be.
>>
>>319244770
Sakurai said Cloud was a difficult request to do. (Note: not ballot related, SE wanted Cloud, FF7 fans dreamt about Cloud in Smash, and Sakurai said Roy and Lucas were requested too)
>>
>>319244917
>It's obvious that they broke it up so each smaller game would be able to run on the inferior shit NX will be.
Kek.

It's sad that the actual reason they broke it up is because the game is going to have a ton of cut content. It probably won't have any dungeon exploration, any sidequests, or even a world map. Each episode will just be a vignette of FFVII's most memorable moments, transformed into a hack n' slash hallway like FF13 was. Calling it now.
>>
>>319244803
It's an episodic release.
AAA games continue being a joke
>>
File: STOP.gif (333 KB, 289x149) Image search: [Google]
STOP.gif
333 KB, 289x149
>>319245517
>>319244917
>episodic releases
fucking chirst
>>
>>319238969

This. Factor in he's a popular character that will make Nintendo money on DLC purchases (and even some that will now buy the game just for him) and it's a no-brainer why he's in
>>
>>319245986
people will buy the DLC because it's Smash DLC

doesn't really matter if the character is super popular or nothing, nice for them to carefully target for guests that would give them money houses and shit at least, avoid "floodgate breakers" like Goku.
>>
File: howtotriggernintenyearolds.png (238 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
howtotriggernintenyearolds.png
238 KB, 500x281
>>
File: Kratos4Smash.jpg (252 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
Kratos4Smash.jpg
252 KB, 900x500
>>319246881
>not this
even he's likely to join Smash one day.
>>
>>319237572
Either Sakurai wanted Cloud in Smash, enough fans wanted Cloud in Smash, or Square-Enix was willing to pay for Cloud to be in Smash. That's it.

Console war faggotry very likely had nothing to do with this whatsoever.
>>
i wanna buttfuck Cloud in the pussy
>>
>>319248058
>Either Sakurai wanted Cloud in Smash, enough fans wanted Cloud in Smash, or Square-Enix was willing to pay for Cloud to be in Smash.
all of the above

see >>319243698 >>319240815
>>
>>319242279
> Kratos more likely than Dante
It hurts because it's true. Though I honestly wouldn't want Dante in smash. Would be hard to make him cuhrazy enough with 4 moves.
>>
>>319248058

Who pays who is what I want to know.

Nintendo for the rights or squeenix for the promotion.
>>
>>319246881
>>319247787
I concur
>>
>>319237572
>WHY is Cloud in Smash?
>It doesn't add up. What is Nintendo planning? What kind of deal was made?

squeenix get advertising for an upcoming game

and a couple of hundred thousand people are gonna buy the dlc from nintendo.

its as simple as that. are you dense?
>>
>>319238309
Snake was in Twin Snakes.

Ryu I have no fucking clue man.
>>
>>319250093
Ryu had more of an excuse to be in due to all the ports of Street Fighter II the SNES received.
>>
>>319238309
SF4 is on 3DS, no really it is.
Also the series got big on Nintendo platforms.
>>
>>319237572
They wanted to get a crowd that may not otherwise have been interested to notice Smash and potentially look into it. And to get press due to its unexpectedness.

It's as simple as that. Now can we stop having these threads?
>>
>>319249913

>couple of hundred thousand people

hah. Yeah fuckin right
>>
>>319249913
>squeenix get advertising for an upcoming game
there no advertising involved

they just wanted Cloud in Smash that's it

see >>319243698, enough with the stupid conspiracies
>>
>>319253198
>>319249913

>hurr it's simple

No it's not. This doesn't happen just because. It's a big business deal involving valuable intellectual property. And what that might mean for video game releases or just company back and fourth in the future is worth figuring out.
>>
>>319253246
>>319249913
people will buy the DLC because it's Smash DLC

not matter how stupid or great it is, people will munch it up

>>319253552
Sakurai did say he had to consult with Nintendo and the company to make the character happen.
>>
>>319253198
or SE just wanted Cloud in Smash

not really that hard, as long Sakurai, Nintendo, and them agree to the character.
>>
>>319254246

Everyone is assuming that Cloud got in Smash FOR FREE, which is ridiculous.

I doubt Squeenix paid for the honor. And >muh dlc money won't be enough for this to look like a great deal for Nintendo on the surface.
>>
>>319237572
christ that model looks awful for a current-gen game
>>
It's like you niggers completely forgot one thing. Mario RPG. Square may not own any of the Mario characters, but Geno...

Think about it. So many people want Geno, have been saying since like Smash Bros.

I bet that Nintendo wanted Geno and Square was like, ok but add Cloud.

I dunno, makes sense in my head.
>>
File: Snek.png (215 KB, 872x924) Image search: [Google]
Snek.png
215 KB, 872x924
>>319250093
>Snake was in Twin Snakes.
>muh Twin Snakes
doesn't matter if the character had a Nintendo appearance or game on the Nintendo, it' not even required but a courtesy

see >>319240815

Snake is still a non-Nintendo guest representative and is the very first one. (with Sonic right afterward)

Snake got in because Kojima simply asked with Sakurai needing some corporation to with Nintendo and Konami to make it happen

and Ryu had nothing stopping him from joining Smash either, regards the video game history he had with Nintendo, he's the fucking face of fighting games.

fucking drop your "MUH STRONG NINTENDO TIES" shit, Goku isn't coming anywhere near the roster if that's what you're worrying about.

>>319255283
oh god here come the Genofag delusion
>>
>>319255283
>but Geno...
nobody give a fuck about some shitty side character RPG partner from one Mario spinoff outside Smash Bros.
>>
File: check this shit out.png (129 KB, 253x252) Image search: [Google]
check this shit out.png
129 KB, 253x252
>>319255283
>genofags still fucking exist
>>
>>319240042
>to buy a PS4 and FF7
Why would I buy a fucking PS4 just to play FF7?
I'll just play it on PC or the NX or whatever whenever it comes.
>>
>>319255283
Cloud
>an SE/video game icon
>pioneer of JRPGs
>a main character
>the face of FF

Geno
>an underdog
>from a mediocre Mario RPG, people hyped up since Brawl and Newgrounds-era Youtube
>side character, same par as Mallow and any Paper Mario character like Vivian or Goombario
>not even an face, aside M&L and Paper Mario

even Chrono make sense, Geno is a Assist Trophy at best.
>>
>>319257132
BUT HE'S SO SPECHUL!!! WAT DON'T U UNDERSTAND????
>>
>>319237572
>So promoting a character for the possibility of the game being on a system that isn't coming out for a couple years.
You realize the FFVII remake won't be out for at LEAST 3 years, right? Knowing SE, it'll be between 4-6 years.
>>
>>319237572
inb4 they announced later today that FFVII is coming to WiiU's VC.
>>
>>319257132
>pioneer of JRPGs
>the face of FF
Is this bait?

>from a mediocre Mario RPG
Yep, sure is.

8/10, the slow burn was good, but when you started getting all underaged, it was too obvious.
>>
>>319257742
see >>319243949
>>
>>319250093
yet Brawl featured stuff from every MGS
>>
>>319257780
>Is this bait?
nope it's the fucking truth

people are fucking obsessed with FF7 and /v/ hates for the game won't change it.

why do you think FF7R is a thing? people been dreaming for that shit since forever.

>literally one of the most popular video game characters said on Guinness' World Record book.
>>
>>319258208
What does the fact that FF7 is a good game, or that people love it mean to the bullshit you were spouting? SMRPG is a phenominal game, and FFVII brought nothing new to the JRPG table. And Cloud sure as hell isn't a representative of the series as a whole. Not the way Black Mage and the Warrior of Light are. Or moogles, chocobo, or cactuars.

The only people who think that VII was a pioneer or the face of anything but maybe the Playstation are underaged kids who think the series started with VII because they're too brainless to look up all the superior games that cam before it.
>>
how hard is it to understand

nintendo makes tons of money and sales off of the greatest normie character ever

sony gets a bunch of free advertisement

why wouldnt they do this?
>>
>>319258789
>underaged kids who think the series started with VII
You just described the majority of the current gaming population.
>>
>>319259009
Being the majority won't stop them from being wrong. SE has even been pushing the older games a lot with stuff like Dissidia, Theatrhythm, and the many references in XIV,
>>
>>319258208
>why do you think FF7R is a thing?
Just saying, the remade 1-4 a while back, and several times at that. They skipped 5 and 6, and even Nomura basically said "what's up with that?" in an interview.
>>
>>319259436
What? But I get both. in fact, I'd be highly surprised if the NX doesn't have the remake as well when in comes out in 2020.
>>
>>319238309
Mg3 was on 3ds. The first two Metal Gear were on the NES.
>>
>>319238309
Also SF2 was on the SNES
>>
>>319259356
Being the majority is what gets Cloud into smash you dense fuck.
>>
>vote for the next character in smash bros.
>why is cloud in smash?

Jesus Christ the people in these threads are fucking retarded. Stop sucking horse cock and use your brain for 5 minutes.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
I really hope that tomorrow is the december smash direct, I'm gonna be pissed if the big news on monday nintendo mentioned is some bullshit about indies or something.
>>
My only major issue with Cloud being in Smash Bros. is that it doesn't excite me.
None of the DLC has sounded appealing.
Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, they've been in before, I didn't like them in Melee or Brawl, I won't like them now.
Ryu and Cloud are new characters, sure, but they're new characters from franchises I don't care about, especially Cloud who's had basically zilch to do with Nintendo save for cameo appearances in games that just happen to be on Nintendo systems.

Until they add someone exciting, I'm not buying any DLC, and I'm definitely not buying the stage DLC because it's ridiculously overpriced for how little you get.
The Mario Kart 8 DLC was fantastic, twelve dollars for new Yoshi/Shy Guy colors, six new characters, six new vehicles, two new wheel types, two new gliders and SIXTEEN COURSES, both old and new but totally reimagined in the case of the old ones.

Smash's DLC just stinks.
>>
>>319260015
Cloud isn't a ballot character
>>
>>319244189
Funny, that started with Brawl. It used to be about Nintendo characters.

>>319244485
They're full of bullshit, it's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>319261095
>They're full of bullshit
stop having a Ridleyfag metality
>>
File: pooh_bothers_the _competition.jpg (23 KB, 173x211) Image search: [Google]
pooh_bothers_the _competition.jpg
23 KB, 173x211
>>319246881
>>319247787
>>319249561
>>319260270
>>
>>319260902
>my only issue with cloud is that i don't like it.
>>
>>319261481
but Pooh isn't vidya

Sora? yeah, but where he's from and how he's designed is too associated with Disney and it's cartoon characters.
>>
>>319259002
>Cloud is a Sony character
nice meme
>>
I wonder when the Smash Direct is
>>
>>319244917
>the inferior shit NX will be
The PS4 is old already. The NX is not. It's using much newer and better hardware.
>>
little reminder Heihachi is also a non-Nintendo character, little connection with Nintendo but still was applicable to join Smash Bros.

now only if his moveset wasn't so complex for Smash aside PSASBR.
>>
>>319257132
>pioneer of JRPGs
Not even close.
>>
>>319262448
general public says otherwise
/v/ and Genofag opinion is irrelevant
>>
>>319262580
Right, because JRPG's were non-existent before 1997. Underage aren't allowed here.
>>
you nigga need to take a read
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/11/14/5-reasons-cloud-smash/
>>
>>319262753
you think i care what you think? i really don't

it's what everybody think. people look at FF7, not who came first or what other grandpas think.

it's like how people thought Zelda 1 was an original idea and game by Nintnedno, while that it's actually Dragon Slayer-clone with better functions.
>>
File: ohyou.png (105 KB, 280x250) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.png
105 KB, 280x250
>>319263310
>Oh, yeah? W-w-well I don't care! I'll go by my own warped views!
>>
>>319262753

You're seriously delusional on contrarianism if you don't realize that ff7 was one of the most important and popular JRPGs ever released
>>
>>319237572
Jesus Christ stop asking this question you fucking morons.
>>
>>319263524
you seem upset
>>
>>319263545
That idiot said FFVII was the pioneer of JRPG's. Because the genre was obviously lacking in games before it came to light.

>>319263658
You seem to be upset when you resorted to NO U instead of admitting to your mistake. Don't worry, it's okay if you're underage. A lot of /v/ is.
>>
>>319263913

Nah you're wrong and kind of stupid
>>
>>319263913
FFVII was the first JRPG though
>>
>>319237572
FF7R for NX. That's why the game was broken into multiple parts.
>>
File: 1431052327791.jpg (82 KB, 638x474) Image search: [Google]
1431052327791.jpg
82 KB, 638x474
>>319264139
>>319264154
(You)
>>
>>319263913
>You seem to be upset when you resorted to NO U instead of admitting to your mistake.
i made no mistake

this is how everybody thinks and that's was matters

doesn't matter who came first, it's who pushed the most.
>>
>>319237572

Cloud Amiibo sales - Square's cut = $$$ for nintendo

would you twits quit pretending that there's any other reason for anything they do
>>
>>319244587
are you retarded? What does the NX have to do with Square being jewish?
>>
File: 1414639864426.jpg (87 KB, 686x457) Image search: [Google]
1414639864426.jpg
87 KB, 686x457
>>319264418
>thinks and that's was matters
>thinks and that is was matters
>>
>>319264218
see >>319243698
>>
>>319237572
>ice climbers
>game and watch
>samus
>captain falcon
>ness and lucas
>R.O.B.
>Duck Hunt

so where did the idea Smash bros was a big marketing stunt come about, exactly?

because i'm pretty sure of all the names I just green texted none have had a new game in probably 10+ years
>>
File: Akira's Creed.jpg (231 KB, 660x549) Image search: [Google]
Akira's Creed.jpg
231 KB, 660x549
>>319237572
Why is ANYBODY in Smash? It's not like Soul Caliber where they're competing for a magic sword which is supposed to help them defy death or achieve orgasm or somesuch.

It's like they all just arranged via text message to randomly meet up and fight to the death one day.
>>
He got in because of theaterrythm and that monster hunter clone on the 3ds. It's how we managed to get him
>>
>>319264853
>comparing first party to third party
look dude, somebody already taken care about the Cloud for you. no need to start deflections

see >>319240815
>>
>>319264304

>00:36:43
>00:36:54

It's always amusing finding actual cretins on 4chan
>>
>>319265212
>Being this new
Another (You).
>>
>>319265541

And they post a reaction image with every one of their responses too. It's weird how idiots think.
>>
>>319237572
It's been said before, but FF started in Nintendo systems, despite what many fanboys focus on. It would make sense for Sakurai to want to have a FF representative; those NES/SNES games were well-known and iconic as canonical RPGs for those systems. Cloud wasn't in those early games, but who else would you pickto represent FF?
>>
>implying companies give a shit about your faggy headcanon consolewar bullshit
>>
Cloud was in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and the Theatrhythm games.

Now stop asking how come he's in Smash.
>>
File: the process of including Snake.png (99 KB, 871x423) Image search: [Google]
the process of including Snake.png
99 KB, 871x423
>>319265123
he got in because SE wanted Cloud in Smash >>319243698

also the process of adding guests is isn't as simple as you think (pic related and >>319255787)

also, it is just a courtesy to have a Nintendo appearance or game than a requirement >>319240815
>>
>>319265905
>Cloud was in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and the Theatrhythm games.
despite Nintendo appearances, it really doesn't matter

it's jut a courtesy as Sakurai said right here >>319240815
>>
>>319266096

>just a coutesy

That seems to be your thesis but how fucking crazy is Nintendo for allowing IP licensing to be handled by Sakurai shaking hands? That's fucking insanity
>>
File: 1438159959559.jpg (57 KB, 828x511) Image search: [Google]
1438159959559.jpg
57 KB, 828x511
The more the merrier.
>>
>>319266571
>That seems to be your thesis
no, i'm not going by Smash kids made up thoughts and rules on MUH STRONG NINTENDO TIES

it's not that complicated, just shake hands with Nintendo and Sakurai, give Sakurai the rights, and the dev and Sakurai will do the character.
>>
>>319267058

Ok but then why give up the character so easily? Is it just walking all over Nintendo for the free publicity while they feast on the scraps?
>>
>>319237572
I have a better question.

WHY does that sword have those two holes in them? Is he supposed to lay the sword down on a table and use those holes like cup holders?
>>
>>319241638
Honestly, Smash was the first time I even heard of Cloud and Mega Man. I guess they're running out of star power and scrapping the bottom of the barrel for anybody now.
>>
File: 1448484236614.jpg (118 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
1448484236614.jpg
118 KB, 1024x765
>>319237572
I think they're trying to expand the variety of players they have.

For example, when they added Ryu in Smash, a lot of people from the fighting game scene jumped into Smash because of how similar his moveset is compared to the one in Street Fighter.

When Roy and Mewtwo were added, they may have wanted to bring the significantly large amount of Melee players that didn't jump to Sm4sh. Same goes for Lucas on Brawl players.

As of Cloud, they may be trying to convince a large amount of PlayStation, RPG fans and/or edgelord players into buying a Wii U and Smash Bros.

It's all about expanding their possible playerbase I guess.
>>
>>319267581
They're for materia
>>
>>319267581

The holes are materia slots ya goof
>>
>>319267882
>>319268054
I don't fucking know. I've never played any Final Fantasy games. They all looked boring as sin.
>>
File: 1449415465651.jpg (195 KB, 1707x961) Image search: [Google]
1449415465651.jpg
195 KB, 1707x961
>>319267581
They're for his arms. He puts both of his arms in the holes and twirl the sword around.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.