[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So. You beat the Halo demo. Not bad, soldier, not bad at all.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: So you beat the halo demo.jpg (89 KB, 1434x942) Image search: [Google]
So you beat the halo demo.jpg
89 KB, 1434x942
So. You beat the Halo demo. Not bad, soldier, not bad at all. But are you ready to take the next step?! In the full version of Halo, you'll find additional vehicles like tanks, plasma turrets, and aircraft: powerful, new human and alien weapons; a single player campaign spanning ten massive indoor and outdoor environments; and support for intense multiplayer battles with up to sixteen of your friends! ... Or enemies. All that wrapped up in an epic sci-fi story that's so freaky, it makes me shake just thinkin' about it. Halo: Combat Evolved. Buy one! Heck, buy two. That's an order, soldier!
>>
>read it in his voice
RIP lil nigga
>>
I played this demo over a hundred times before finally getting the game. It was truly fantastic.
>>
I played the fucking CE demo so many times man.

oddly enough, I can recall installing it in like 2008 and it fucking had people still playing the multiplayer. they had even hacked the flamethrower and shit in

>there is an alternate universe where MS didn't shekel up bungie into making Halo a purely dudebro box franchise
>>
>>319236313
Flame thrower was in the demo by standard and people still play the demo today.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N11I-YtyLf8

>tfw bought the PC port day1 and it was a completely unoptimized mess until six patches later
Stripped co-op still hurt.
>>
>>319237971
The co-op in Halo 1 only worked on split-screen, which back then was unheard of on PC.

The netcoding for AI was non-existent. They didn't sync over multiple clients. If you ever find a Halo Custom Edition server running an AI map you'll see just how broken it is.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NUG1HYCJZU
>>
File: nvidiaplebs.jpg (57 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
nvidiaplebs.jpg
57 KB, 500x386
>>319239801
>Nvidia card
>Flamethrower
>>
>>319239801
pretty outdated, AMD is the better flamethrower now
>>
>>319240560
Keep telling yourself that, nvidiot
>>
>>319240408
Oh god, I never even noticed that one.

Prophetic.
>>
File: suisise.jpg (212 KB, 975x710) Image search: [Google]
suisise.jpg
212 KB, 975x710
>>319236313
>there is an alternate universe where MS gives bungie enough time to finish halo 2

The gameplay is great but let's be honest, the first one pretty much nailed it from day one, there's no real need for 5 sequels to make it better. It's only been getting worse anyway.

But that story seriously needs a real conclusion.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.