[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix Hearthstone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: Hearthstone_Logo.png (115 KB, 593x216) Image search: [Google]
Hearthstone_Logo.png
115 KB, 593x216
How would you fix Hearthstone?
>>
>>319210824
Exit the game, close battle.net, uninstall everything, delete sys32, call the cops.
>>
Fix mysterious challenger or defender of argus.
>>
Get rid of the RNG.
>>
You now start with 40 hp
>>
>>319211098
this and increasing deck size
>>
>>319210824
Ban lists. Your decks cannot contain certain cards in ranked play.

Every month you can change the list either entirely or partially.
>>
Remove all classes
>>
You start with all cards
>>
>>319211098
>>319211168
>>319211263
retarded

>>319211010
>defender of argus
nerfing mysterious challenger would just be a temporary fix

>>319211069
best bet but also the most unlikely

They need a standard equivalent. The paywall to be able to make a deck that isn't the very barebones Face Hunter deck is getting way too big. Even the new Peddler Zoo is getting too expensive. Having a rotational format with say just the newest expansion and the two newest adventure or something would be good for the game in two ways. First, it would consistently shift the meta so people don't get bored. Second, it would lower the price needed to be 'competitive'

Then they can have their more hardcore eternal format. Hell, a rotation would make it so that players would want to buy the new stuff anyways.
>>
File: cdxbx.png (134 KB, 312x270) Image search: [Google]
cdxbx.png
134 KB, 312x270
>remove charge to face
>remove freeze
>spells deal half damage to face
>realise the game is beyond saving
>>
>add unsilence
>limit # legendarys per deck
>have cards that give your opponent your minions (ie. for fell reaper and other cards with bad side effects)
>up mana to 12
>>
Add Death Knight and make him better than all the classes. Perfect balance.
>>
Delete doctor boom
>>
Rotate out of expansions like every other respectful card game.
>>
>>319215334
but no other card game does this except MTG
>>
Charge minions can't attack face. Increase the health to 35 instead of 30.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>319215334
More card games out there have a banlist than a rotation system.
>>
>>319210824
JUST. ADD. INSTANTS (or "interrupts" if you want to be real gognard).

It is fucking retarded that there is no category of cards that can be activated at any phase, including your opponents turns.

Even Yugioh has a stack system and instants.
>>
>>319215394
Pokemon TCG but rotating expansions can be down well or really greedy.
>>
>>319210824
graveyard

better mechanics for coming back that involves actual combos but not fucking RNGs.
>>
The tide is far too easy to turn, the pacing of the game is less about building reliable "engines" like other card games, and more about just waiting to throw a single card down that will basically turn the tide of gameplay. Look at the inspire mechanic, that's what they were trying to do with that, but everything else moves so quickly that that mechanic is absolutely useless. The game has always had a fundamental favoritism towards aggro-babbies and it shows, and no matter how powerful they make control cards, it won't fix anything till they change/remove some of the EARLIEST cards/ legendaries.
>>
>>319213335
>Ban lists, something that exists in literally every other competitive card game in history, are retarded now.

Is this what Hearthstone fags really believe?
>>
>>319215590
this x100

>your opponent could whip out a game winning comeback because of RNG and you can do nothing to stop it
>90% of secrets are utter shit and all of them are dependent on your opponent's actions
>>
there is nothing to be fixed in heartstone.
it's as blizzard envisioned.
if you want a good card game you would need to make EVERYTHING different than HS aside for few little nice things it did.
>>
>>319215590
it's because that would pose serious problems to the time flow of the game.

it's not easy to pull it off online, it's like imposing an handicap on your game for that (actually big) strategical space. but HS has plenty of strategical holes it needs to fill.
>>
>>319215883
Aggro wasn't that popular in the early times though. The game was MUCH slower back then. I mean shit stuff like Summoning Portal used to be played. Only as time went on and as more expansions/adventures were added did things get more about aggro and rushing people down.

The game used to be way more about board control, combos, etc.
>>
>>319216170
I can get behind this, it isn't about actually making or even pretending to make a balanced card game, its about jewing all your money and makes you think you actually win the game through skill when you are just relying on the RNG being on your side.
>>
The game is too brain dead. You rarely need to consider the opponent's hand and just play the best possible combination you have in hand considering the board state.

Most games are decided via RNG rather than how well you played.

It would need to be completely torn down and rebuilt to resemble any kind of "fun" or "competitive" game.
>>
Add more searching mechanics to increase consistency

Add ways to manipulate cards graveyard

Remove emotes

Add out-of-hand instants, or give some neutrals "counter" secrets

Take more top level player input in determining how to balance cards

Balance cards more often, what else are these fuckers even doing?
>>
>>319216152
>>319216362
Except without Instant spells like say, the ever classic Counterspell, there's no way the enable true combo strategies (I'm talking serious combos, a la Twin, Omnitell, ANT, Storm etc.) in the game.

Combo decks keep Aggro decks in check, by providing a consistent clock that the Aggro deck has to beat, and having tools to either outlast the Aggro deck until they run out of gas, or combo off before the Aggro deck can kill them.

Control decks are then needed to keep Combo decks in check by being able to counter and stop the key parts of a combo, but to that, they needed spells that can be played on the opponents turn, as to have a chance to stop them.
Otherwise, the designers are forced to design every potential game winning combo around cards who total over 10 mana, so the player can't drop them all on the same turn and win, since the other player will have at least one turn to respond.
>>
There is not a single fun secret
>>
>>319210824
I already gave up on it.
The latest expansion and adventure killed it for me. I don't want it to be fixed. I just don't give a fuck anymore.
Salty ya.
>>
1. Stop intentionally causing power creep. Ben Brode literally thinks non-basic minions being objectively better is good because (he claims) it gives a feeling of satisfaction when you unlock them, as opposed to actually creating a balanced game. But we know the real reason he likes it is it makes him more money.
2. Stop introducing more RNG mechanics.
3. Make old adventures cheaper. Notice that every Blizzard game had some pretty significant sales during black friday, except Hearthstone which did not have ANY price reductions at all, despite the fact that just weeks earlier Ben said that they were aware that the barrier of entry into the game was too high for new players because the expansions are practically mandatory to make really competitive decks.
>>
>>319217137
>they needed spells that can be played on the opponents turn

This would actually be a great idea, make it so you have to spend the remaining mana from your last turn so that you are actually telling your opponent that "I can still activate something to counter your shit so stay back" to make your opponent actually care and consider your hand and not just about pulling combos from your hand without a care in the world.
>>
>>319217541
Oh yeah and remove combos that you can just play out of hand and do 20+ damage with in the same turn, or increase the players' health. I guess it would be fine to have combos like that in exceptional circumstances but I think druids only needing to draw two cards and survive until they have the mana to use them for that kind of damage without the other player having any real way to respond is kinda shit.
>>
File: 400px-The_Coin_full.jpg (20 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
400px-The_Coin_full.jpg
20 KB, 400x330
I am a scrub at card games and I am too thick and have too little patience to think too deeply into card game mechanics.

Please tell me that it's not just me who think the coin and you get an extra card is a bad mechanic, because it feels very like it.

the game is way too slow for anyone to pull gamebreaking-combos for people going first turn unless you got amazing lucky of draw (e.g. 2 innervate+astral or good 5+ drop), giving anyone a 1/4 chance to actually do something just doesn't feel right to me.
>>
>>319215394
The older Wow tcg did it and it worked well.
>>
>>319216378
Nigger I have played since closed beta and you are straight up wrong. Aggro has been popular since the beginning, palladin and hunter were the first aggro decks, and hunters used to literally be all you ever fucking faced. The game is trash and has been since they fucking underestimated people's intelligence and the game has suffered the consequences. They've already made their money but if they don't fix it soon they will start leaking more and more players.
>>
>>319217894
>two cards
>20+ damage
Uh?

Force of nature 3x2/2 Trees=6 damage
Savage roar on the three trees 3x2=6 damage
Savage roar on your face = 2 damage
All of that = 14 damage

Are you counting the use of two savage roars? Because that requires 4 cards to pull off. Not only does a double SR combo need 4 cards but they need to wait until at least turn 10 to do it. If they draw into it before then that means he has 4 dead cards in his hand until turn 10 while you, presumably, have a hand full of useful cards. You should be able to easily win in a case like that, or at least force him to use combo pieces to deal with your board.

Do you have a way to prevent being mugged in real life? Yeah, don't go to bad areas looking rich, don't go to bad areas alone or in the dark, etc. Same shit here, you prevent Druids from comboing you by having a deck that does fucking anything useful. A deck that can pressure him into blowing his combo early to not die. Fuck even slow ass warrior decks beat druids with all their armor. I literally cannot image what deck you are playing so poorly to be having trouble with druids.
>>
uninstall
>>
>>319210824
By not playing it
>>
>>319219613
>Because that requires 4 cards to pull off.

Not anymore thanks to Emperor. It sucks when lost via Combo even though you were winning via board control.

It's the only bullshit left in the game that I hate
>>
>>319217606
Yes, that is the point.
MtG, you very much have to consider what mana your opponent leaves open at the end of the turn.

Different types of mana can indicate different things; they're very much tells.
Think blue -> Counterspell, red->lightning bolt, white->Swords to Plowshares, Green->Beast Within, Black->Murder

You have to think about what the opponent is doing, and plan in anticipation, and you have to consider if they're bluffing.

Interactivity is the spice of life in card games.
It's boring if everyone is playing solitaire (i.e. Yugioh).
>>
>>319221308

Hearthstone isn't a card game, it's a "pay us money" game. It's telling that the only meaningful interaction in the game is through the store interface.
>>
>>319221214
Last time I checked Emperor was a card as well. So they still need to draw 4 cards to get the combo to work.

Either they do Emperor (while having the other three cards in their hand.) or they have the three card combo + innervate.
>>
>>319221308
>It's boring if everyone is playing solitaire (i.e. Yugioh).

solitaire decks suck ass in YGO since like 4-5 years ago though.

and YGO also has staple traps that can effectively cut someone off in the middle of a combo unless their decks has a ridiculous draw-engine and recycle process.
>>
>>319222571
Exactly, but said trap has to be on the battlefield and face down.

At least said valve exists, and is an option.

Look. I'm not asking for complexity on the levels of Miracles, Doomsday, Tinfins, NarOmniScience, or TPS, but Hearthstone desperately needs more complexity to the game.

Didn't they finally print some sort of direct burn spell?
>>
>>319216012
because why would you fucking ban something that you can just nerf in an online game?
>>
>>319222354
it's also hilarious that people are complaining about any deck that isn't Secret Paladin which is the strongest deck by far

Aggro/Combo Druid doesn't even come close
>>
Remove literally every single card from the game, then actually balance them instead of throwing darts at a board and picking cards that way.
>>
File: visalwaysright.png (95 KB, 1086x590) Image search: [Google]
visalwaysright.png
95 KB, 1086x590
why does /v/ think it knows anything about games?
>>
File: 1411497549805.jpg (14 KB, 179x178) Image search: [Google]
1411497549805.jpg
14 KB, 179x178
>>319210824
By actually doing fucking balance patches.
Make it so trash cards are actually at least usable, and destroy shit like Boom and Piloted Shredder.
>>
File: 1405628200597.jpg (97 KB, 453x352) Image search: [Google]
1405628200597.jpg
97 KB, 453x352
Remove Mechwarper
Remove Dr Boom
Remove Thaurissen
Limit to 2 legendaries per deck
Matchmaking based on deck dust cost
Make every card be a tribal
Make card rewards from expansion wings craftable

There. Fixed.
>>
>>319210824
>ITT retards try to justify their transparent skinner box endless money dump

Like if you play this you're probably dumb as a rock to begin with.

They don't need to "fix" it, because its only purpose is to separate you morons from your money.
>>
File: 1323642093711.jpg (38 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1323642093711.jpg
38 KB, 400x300
>tfw i've been sitting on a golden Boom for a year now cause i'm too scared they'll nerf him the week after

3200 gold and everyone still wants him nerfed.
I just can't take that chance.
>>
>>319211069
The game genre is literally 90% RNG. You'd just be getting rid of the game entirely.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.