[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsK 0bnkTAiI Anyone else lo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsK0bnkTAiI

Anyone else love these bits in Assassins Creed?
It's practically my main reason for playing them.
I kinda wish there was something similar in other games.
>>
They were pretty good in 1. 2 really dropped the ball, and they've been trying to climb back up to the level of 1 since then. Black Flag's were good, especially because they were more about ragging on the asshole MC.
>>
>>319206469
They're pretty cool and also a core element of the franchise, however I can't understand how anyone could play the games MAINLY because of these.
>>
>>319206469
Connor was alright, the one where he kills his best friend was really good. A real shame the game itself was pretty lame.
>>
>>319208140
Just sort of invested in the villains beliefs and see them more 3 dimensional
>>
>>319208387
AC 3 could've been GOTYAY, they had all the right ingredients.

It's unrealistic as fuck, but I wish it could get a remake.
>>
This video really illustrates how bland Connor's character was. Haytham was more interesting.
>>
File: 1396824975447.jpg (11 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1396824975447.jpg
11 KB, 240x320
>>319206469
Wait AC4 man was an Assassin why is his son a Templar?
>>
>>319209648
Edward unwittingly let a Templar teach his son and then had mercenaries kill him in his sleep or something. Then adopted him.
>>
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VBVOa7VM40

Rogue did it the best
>>
>>319210491
this game completely undermined any moral high ground the assassins had left after the other games.
>>
>>319210491
How good is Rogue compared to Black Flag?
>>
File: ots-terenas[1].png (465 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
ots-terenas[1].png
465 KB, 640x361
>>319206469
>>
>>319210491

What the fuck is he fighting against to keep killing his friends?
>>
>>319211650
if you liked black flag, you'll like rogue. doesn't have the same comfy pirate atmosphere, but makes up for it by expanding on ship mechanics. its not as long of a game, either.
>>319211997
protag is an ex-assassin turned templar, all the people he's killing are people who used to be his comrades
>>
>>319212173

Right but WHY?

Like what are they assassins going to do that's so bad? Are they doing another stupid thing like Almulim or whatever his name was from the first game?

I only played 1, 2 and Brotherhood.
>>
>>319206469

>AC

Deep and philosohical, Altair learns from every encounter and starts questioning his dogmatic views

>AC2 to Revelations

Ezio doing cool speeches on a bunch of evil templars because he's super cool, everybody loves Ezio amirite?

>AC3

Connor getting completey blown the fuck out by everyone he kills. At best he'll retor with a weak argument about muh freedoms and other assassin dogma. Doesn't learn anything because his mind only has space for Charles Lee

>AC4

A gradual process of Edward not giving a fuck about his kills into Edward realizing how fucking garbage his pirate life, his pirate friends and his pirate self are

>ACUnity

What the fuck how can I watch that guy's memory, I'm tripping balls man.

>ACRogue

First couple of kills he's completely deaf to anything that isn't assassin dogma. Once he starts killing assassins they all try to guilt trip the fuck out of him, it always works and Shay feels ashamed despite the assassins doing worse stuff than him.

Haven't botherred with Syndicate yet, I hear the antagonists are evil capitalists.
>>
I fucking loved all the AC games up to black flag.

Hate the ships.

fucking hate them

couldn't get past the first mission on ac4,

dropped forever
>>
>>319212298
A point that's been made in recent games is pretty much that the Assassins' and Templars are just fighting to be fighting each other. 3 basically said had they been working together the whole time then they could avoided the solar flare that was about to destroy the world and by proxy Desmond wouldn't needed to die to save the world and not free the big bad of the series at the same time.
>>
File: Ezio.jpg (24 KB, 418x282) Image search: [Google]
Ezio.jpg
24 KB, 418x282
>>319212475
U mad?
>>
>>319207927
In Assassin's Creed II, the people you were fighting were well beyond redemption.

Assassin's Creed I was a small society built to help the people of multiple wartorn regions.

Assassin's Creed II was a bunch of greedy assholes trying to impose their will for self-benefit.
>>
>>319212298
the early part of the game is about working for the assassins, and some of the things they have you do / things they do themselves are reckless and irresponsible. shay turned to the templars because the assassin's actions in rogue cost innocent lives
>>
>>319212298
The Assassins started going downhill long after Ezio but before 3. If you play Rogue you'll find out that the Assassins made Shay responsible for the Lisbon Earthquake and he hated the Assassins ever since.
>>
>>319212603
>I hate the best Assassins Creed game

WOT
>>
>>319212946
I hate ships.
I like stealth killings.

it's simple
>>
>>319212298

You see, the assassins have been losing the war HARD for a pretty long while now, mostly because they simply can't into economy and building stuff, they only buy themselves a hideout and focus of burning templar stuff.

The assassins in Rogue are so tired of losing and so desperate to get an advantage that they hunt ancient alium artifacts without bothering to check what they actually do, and have even destroyed entire cities by accident because they don't bother to research, too scared the evil templars will get there first.

Rogue's protagonist witnesses one of these disasters and tries to convince his friends to stop being so reckless, but they self righteous pricks get mad at him and try to kill him. After that they continue searching for these artifacts and the only think the protagonist can do to stop them is stab them in the chest.
>>
>>319212862
Yeah, ACII fucked up the entirely morality of the series. It's hilarious when the whole slogan is "nothing is true, everything is permitted"
>>
>>319212829

Yeah. I don't hate Ezio but his game was the one that turned assassins from assassins into Batman.
>>
>>319213091
BUT THIS HAS STEALTH KILLING......ON SHIPS!
>>
>>319212917

>The Assassins started going downhill long after Ezio

The went to shit after they left Masyaf, they became sponsors for criminals and even part of them.
>>
>>319206469
Why did he hate Charles Lee so much after GW had killed his people?
>>
>>319212603
AC4 wasn't even AC game f︂︂a︂m

It was a good pirate game
>>
>>319213990

He probably felt pretty stupid holding a grudge for so long against the wrong person, so he used mental gymnastics in order to convine himself that facts didn't matter.
>>
>>319213990
Bad writing and I personally I think he carried a grudge Lee for checking when he was a child.
>>
File: ACS 2015-12-06 23-13-58-00.png (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
ACS 2015-12-06 23-13-58-00.png
1 B, 486x500
Everyone else like Syndicate?

I pirated it a week ago and liked it and now I decided to buy it.

The setting is great.
>>
>>319214674
I like the setting and the subtle The Saboteur nostalgia it gives me.
What I don't like is that Jacob is grossly incompetent while Evie is the problem solving mary sure.
Also, the leftism is too in your face.
>>
>>319214674
Why is everything so bleached and bright, where the fuck are the shadows
>>
>>319215937

Literally half the screen is shadows. How bright is your monitor?
>>
>>319215937
>pointing out flaws of a Ubisoft game
We're gonna be here all day if you start.
>>
File: ACS 2015-12-06 23-27-36-66.png (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
ACS 2015-12-06 23-27-36-66.png
1 B, 486x500
>>319215937
>Shadows

They're there m8
>>
syndicate is stupidly well done when it comes to ambience
>>
>>319214674
How are the outfits in syndicate? My autism flares up everytime I have to wear out of place shit in these games
>>
>>319216089
No bright at all

>>319216161
Seriously, is there a solar flare happening or what, that's ridiculous
>>
File: ACS 2015-12-06 23-33-15-67.png (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
ACS 2015-12-06 23-33-15-67.png
1 B, 486x500
>>319216527
There are around 9 outfits to chose from for each character currently.

But more free ones are on the way.

I suppose the default ones and some of the other outfits look the part
>>
>>319213417
why is it they never get involved in economics politics science technology all that stuff to create a better society.
They do good by stopping the Templars from doing their evil shit but the assassins just shatter the Templars tools and plans into pieces that can be picked up by another group
>>
>>319215436
Not really he ends up unfortunately taking up most of the story while she's left underdeveloped.
>>
>>319217239

In Syndicate the Assassin-backed Rooks gang ends up running the various paper mills and warehouses you liberate from the Templar gang.
>>
>>319216874

THE SUN IS BRIGHT.

GO OUTSIDE.
>>
>>319218065
Not bright enough to bleach color unless it suddenly moved closer to earth
>>
>>319216874
Have you ever been outside on a very sunny day?

Legitimate question.
>>
>>319218159
That's just fog and draw distance.
>>
>>319217289
I'm not saying he's not developed.
I'm saying he's made into a gullible buffoon.
>>
>>319218217
Yurop, never that bright
>>
>>319218846
The fog and pollution from heavy industry in London in the 19th Century made the sun brighter.

Look it up.
>>
>>319206469
I like the little companion app on my phone for Assassins Creed 4 more games should have this
>>
>>319218840
And I'm saying he's the only important character while the woman is made unimportant so now you can stop whining about those pesky leftists as if every other game wasn't about a man anyway
>>
>>319220287
Unity got torn to shreds over using a companion app.
Though that was in addition to the other glaring faults the game had. Regardless, it was not seen very favorably.
>>
>>319206469
Yeah it's great to see games that like to talk philosophy and ideology as opposed to "YOU EVIL ME GOOD."
Ass Creed used to do that well until the debates became more about characters saying calling each other faggots right before they die.
>>
>>319220560
How is an optional app bad that makes moving around/looking at the map easier and doing busy work on the go bad?
>>
>>319220658
>that guy who just rambles on and on at Jacob until he dies and Jacob is just like "What a dick."
>>
>>319220492
What does the gender of the main characters of other games have anything to do with anything?
I wouldn't care if Evie was a man, the problem is that she makes no mistakes, which attributes to the lack of character development. All the while most of her missions are about fixing problems caused by Jacob.

And when I say leftist I don't mean some progressive feminist shit. I mean they attribute denial of the left to Jacob, the buffoon. While Evie, the savvy problem solver, is inches away from accepting the offer from Marx himself.

Not to mention the villains being mustache twirling capitalists.
>>
I stopped playing at IV, sadly, my PS3 broke last month, and my PC isn't the best, so, is Unity worth playing?
>>
>>319224348
Not on a weak PC, unfortunately.
Most of the technical issues are cleared up though so if you have the hardware to run it, it's worth a playthrough.
>>
>>319212298
He starts to hate the Assassin's because one of his missions was to go to a temple and take a First Civilization artefact which in turn caused the entire temple to collapse and destroy one whole city.

THERE WAS NO WAY FOR THE ASSASSIN'S TO KNOW this would happen and instead of his assassin comrades explaining this to Shay or for him to come to this conclusion he goes all edgy on them.

The rest of the story and game is good, but the crucial point and reason for him to become a Templar is so fucking stupid
>>
>>319224828
>THERE WAS NO WAY FOR THE ASSASSIN'S TO KNOW
So that last city they leveled was just coincidentally destroyed after they picked up the thing? The game mentions it a couple times before Shay travels to Lisbon.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.