[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he dead yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
File: img12.jpg (42 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
img12.jpg
42 KB, 600x437
Is he dead yet?
>>
>>318807392
Was he the guy who got butt cancer? Shigeru Miyazaki?
>>
No but he hasnt made anything in weeks now and is still collecting 3000 per month in patreon money
>>
>>318807392
>Blip.tv got shut down
>cant even watch his good content (ff reviews) anymore cause all the links are broken, and only some early parts are on youtube

Might as well be
>>
>>318807392
He just does live stream nowadays. It takes no creativity and he can keep his fans entertained.
>>
>>318807694
More like months. His last video was in September, and that was a Counter Monkey video. It's been even longer since he made a fully produced review video.

It looks like he's decided to be more of a streamer than a reviewer.
>>
He is inside
>>
A rare example of when someone is an objectively better person when they're still living with their parents.
>>
>>318808374
I see this live stream thing as a "I must justify my patreon money" kind of thing.
>>
bideo gaems
>>
>>318807694
He's been streaming vidya every day for quite some time.
>>
People have fallen harder on the internet.

But I can't think of one that felt like as much of a bummer.
>>
>>318808623
Because he DOES need to justify it.

The whole point of patreon, which means having a patron of the arts, means you have to PRODUCE something to keep the money flowing.
>>
>>318807392
His MGSV let's play was actually pretty okay. I approved of his hatred for Huey and his unwillingness to do the cheap box drop shit on Quiet on normal or hard mode
>>
>>318809960
>unwillingness to do the cheap box drop shit on Quiet on normal or hard mode
Who even does that? Just sprint around the left side of the area underneath her initial sniping point and start spamming stun grenades. If you don't get her with those you can finish her by running at her with a cardboard box and then king-hitting her.
>>
>>318810164
>Who even does that?
bitches
>>
>>318807392
no, but he's a great example of how patreon dosh makes people lazy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZah1GSDxk0

Here's a video of him streaming playing Fallout 2 for the first time.

It is VERY cringe worthy.
>>
>>318811439
Making the chat so hard to read kind of defeats the purpose of putting it there.
>>
>>318811697

It's mainly there for him to read it really.
>>
>>318811439
You mean first time streaming it right? Because I remember him talking about playing FO2 when New Vegas was announced.
>>
>>318812316

Probably both streaming and playing it, because he is COMPLETELY clueless how the game works.
>>
>>318811792
I can't see how it would be easier for him to read, because the problem is that the black text tends to blend into the background so you can't read it with a quick glance. Unless it appears differently on his screen or something.
>>
Wasn't he saying he was going to release his XIII-2 review in summer?
>>
>>318814327
Apparently he wrote it and partially filmed it, but he thought it wasn't any good and scrapped it. I'm not sure if he's still working on it or not.
>>
I predict he'll kill himself by 2020
>>
>>318814698
If fucking Dobson is still alive, I don't see it happening to Spoony.
>>
File: Dobson is rich.png (603 KB, 1597x835) Image search: [Google]
Dobson is rich.png
603 KB, 1597x835
>>318814975

except Dobson is rich
>>
He doesn't even make more D&D videos. I unsubscribed after the Fallout 2 playthrough attempt. I don't mind if he doesn't know how to play the game but he speaking was cringeworthy as fuck.

Guess he really can't keep up anymore.
>>
>>318815096

So is Notch, and look at him.
>>
>>318807728
I have all the FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2 and FFXIII reviews.

You want them? I can upload them later when i get home.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (176 KB, 1324x681) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
176 KB, 1324x681
>>318815096
Nice try Dobson
>>
File: let__s_play__swat_4_by_g0069[1].jpg (727 KB, 1105x900) Image search: [Google]
let__s_play__swat_4_by_g0069[1].jpg
727 KB, 1105x900
>he will never have another SWAT 4 LP
>>
>>318814698
l taught he'd be dead by 2011 desu
>>
>>318807392
I'm surprised he hasn't died in some freak accident considering he was stuck on the tutorial section in Fallout 2 for nearly an hour.
>>
>>318815335
Do it Anon.
>>
I've never watched this guy's stuff until recently so I decided to see him on a stream.

He'll stream for 8-10 hours straight but rarely say anything but incoherent screams and never interacts with his viewer chat despite them acting like they're best friends and consistently asking him questions.

He just seems like an asshole.
>>
>>318819891

Even SWAT 4 got old by the end.

Phantasmagoria was much better.
>>
>>318809501
It's like instead of funding genius craftsmen and artists the Medicis decided to throw their money on a manchild who was obsessed with spinning tops and doing nothing.
>>
>>318824715
He is just the worst streamer, he acts terribly rudely towards people and is just obnoxious and has nazi mods.
>>
>>318824715
>He just seems like an asshole.

He is, but that aside, the only stream I can think of where he talked to the chat regularly was KH1. Which he liked the game, even though he lost the Cerberus like 20 times.

>>318825176

I personally don't have any problem with someone who actually produces content making a patreon so they can keep doing their work. Art supplies are pretty fucking expensive and let's face it, most artists are poor.

But people like Spoony are not that.
>>
One of his $100 patrons dropped. He literally isn't trying.
>>
>>318825657
>even though he lost the Cerberus like 20 times.
And yet he beat Leon on the optional fight, something a lot of people don't do in their first playthrough.
>>
>>318824715
>He just seems like an asshole

He is. And bipolar. Too bad he's a complete asshole on both sides.

I dunno, he's been a complete smug cunt since April came in.

I'd rather watch April, desu.
>>
>>318825990

Leon is not a hard fight, it's just that new players aren't prepared for an enemy that can suddenly take half your hp off with a single hit.
>>
>>318819891
I couldn't get into his SWAT LP, I loved the shit out of Phantasmagoria and Ripper though, still watch them to this day.

He should do stuff like that and ditch the skits and stuff.
>>
>>318807392
I expected him to off himself years ago

I have no clue what he´s doing nowadays, I stopped watching his stuff around 2012 or so, back when he was still atleast somewhat entertaining
>>
>>318824715
>He'll stream for 8-10 hours straight but rarely say anything but incoherent screams and never interacts with his viewer chat despite them acting like they're best friends and consistently asking him questions.

His screaming is the worst. The game is usually at a lower volume than he is, so I turned up the volume on my speakers to hear the game as well as him. Most of the time it's fine, but then he'll just suddenly scream some stupid movie reference or just plain scream, and it's horrible.
>>
>>318831572
The worst is when he gets genuinely pissed at people in the chat.
Sometimes they're just trying to help or giving a reasonable opinion and he just calls them shitheads and bans them from the chat. And of course he has asspatters who call him trolls and his army of nazi mods who WORK FOR FREE.
>>
His Counter Monkey stuff is really good except during that one period where it wasn't.
>>
>>318832345
It's not really content though, it's unedited ramblings about D&D for like 2 hours.
>>
>>318832664
It's at least entertaining rambling. There isn't really alot of stuff online that's similar to it without being awful.
>>
>>318815335
Do it man. And post them here too, just don't put ads on them so he can't claim adsense.
>>
>>318832664
It's OK if you care about D&D but with what he's promised and how fucking little real content he puts out he really doesn't deserve his Patreonbux. Way too many mediocre manchildren doing nothing and receiving what's supposed to be artistic patronage.
>>
>try watching his FF8 review
>makes fun of the game's flaws and self-importance without going overboard with complaints, thus is actually pretty funny
>try watching his FF10 review
>non-stop whining and bitching about shit I literally could not give less of a fuck about

What went wrong?
>>
>>318838740

Oh man, don't watch his XIII review, aka the one he only did because fans wanted him to.
>>
>>318807694
His last review was in feburary and he's down to 2.5k a month

he mostly streams games now and is losing track of what makes counter monkey good, he's been trying to make a set and get props for it, but it doesn't need that
>>
File: Dobson.png (349 KB, 999x679) Image search: [Google]
Dobson.png
349 KB, 999x679
>>318815949
>>318815096
Real one
>>
>>318839165
Yeah around the time he started pandering to his fanboys, in addition to being a total nutcase, caused Spoony's downward spiral.
>>
>>318839843
Guy bought a house using his Patreon welfare.
>>
>>318840564
I miss miles, I wish he had a twitter or something, though it would be flooded with crap from some of the people here
>>
>>318838740
The combat of 10 is good so there's nothing to complain about really, the story is what shits the bed
>>
I wish spoony would just make a schedule and stick to it.
>>
>>318841114

He outright says at the very beginning of X's review that the combat is very good, and that for 2001 the game looks goddamn phenomenal.
>>
>>318841438
as far as 13 goes, there's not much to say on the gameplay as there basically isn't any for the majority of the game as it plays itself, but again, the story is baffling in the game so that's the only thing to focus on
>>
>>318839843
If there's anything that absolutely does not need a set or props, it's Counter Monkey. The whole idea is to listen to a guy tell fun RPG stories. The only time props might add to it is if the "props" are things from the game, like when he shows off books and stuff. And to be honest, a set might actually make it worse. I prefer feeling like I'm just hanging out with some guy who's telling some funny stories; I don't really want to have it be all "Welcome to Spoony the Storyteller's Funny D&D Show!"
>>
>>318841813
He's simply lost his way, used to just be some asshole who pissed off fans of things and talk about what he loved and that was great, then after the first break up and now with the new girlfriend that has turned him towards the SJW side he's just gone downhill with his production speed and quality.
>>
>>318807392
I MET YOU ON A THURSDAY
>>
>>318810164
I just shot at her with a normal grenade launcher.
>>
>>318823171
>>318834403
Uploading, 82%
>>
I kinda wish he just did Counter Monkey stuff.
As a tabletop rpg guy myself, some of his stories are pretty interesting.
>>
>>318842349

I can't fucking stand his intro... its so goddamn awful, and it goes on for fucking ever too.
>>
File: 1445645957770.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445645957770.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>>318807392
I just want him to re-up his old shit, what's fucking taking him so long!?
>>318807728
I even tried to download shit from Blip for myself, but of course, half the time I kept getting the "sorry we're unable to play this episode" error. Fuck
>>
>>318843524
People have reuploaded most of his stuff to youtube already, there's a channel dedicated to giving his videos russian subtitles
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.