[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Armored Core
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 3309_nbge_acvd_ps3_2d-pegi.jpg (437 KB, 1772x1425) Image search: [Google]
3309_nbge_acvd_ps3_2d-pegi.jpg
437 KB, 1772x1425
Is there any reason to play the earlier PS3 Armored Core games, if all I'm interested in is the most refined gameplay and I don't really care about the story?
>>
>>318794505
ACIV and ACV gen games have drastically different gameplay style with ACIV being unlike any other AC game before or after it. Go the /vg/ they have a general there with people systematically playing tourneys on both AC4FA and ACVD
>>
Verdict Day doesn't have the most refined gameplay.
Every other game except 5 and the mobile shit has better gameplay than Verdict Day.
>>
File: 1448583506501.png (44 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1448583506501.png
44 KB, 240x240
>>318794505
ARMORED CORE 6 FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>318795050
How can one person be so wrong. ACVD made all types of ACs viable even tanks it's something no other AC did right.
>>
I think people would agree that 4A has the best gameplay package of the series
>>
>>318795287
No I disagree 4A is the cancer that shat on the series completely and introduced the most cancerous fans to it.
>>
>>318795240
Guns felt so much worse
>>
>>318795452
There you have it, everyone is in agreement

What more proof do you need than a buttblasted shitposter on an imageboard?
>>
>>318795794
AC went full baby mode the instant it discarded heat and energy levels from playing a significant role in your mech.
>>
>>318796014
That shit was hard to manage sometimes in AC2
>>
>>318796314
By LR it was nicely balanced.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
So, /v/, what's your favorite mission?
>>
File: Armored-Core-1_PSX_US.jpg (129 KB, 500x511) Image search: [Google]
Armored-Core-1_PSX_US.jpg
129 KB, 500x511
>>318794505
>if all I'm interested in is the most refined gameplay and I don't really care about the story
>refined gameplay
>any AC 4 and up
Your query does not make sense OP. Play the OG Armored Core or if you can't handle that play the AC3 series.
>>
>>318796839
Any mission that end with a fight with a Raven.
>>
My fav armored core was Project Phantasma. I wish the newer games weren't so shit. I miss the mech customization and arena thing
>>
>>318795240
>something no other AC did right.
You have never played a ps2 entry.
>>
>>318796839
The one where you destroy nine ball.
>>
Armored Core really needs to be a PC game. Playing V although fun, was fuckign torture with the FPS drops and multiplayer was a fucking joke with the latency.
>>
>>318795050

get this hothead outta here, ACVD has the best armored core gameplay
>>
>>318797615
also playing split screen against a friends mech was amazingly fun
>>
>>318797679
m8 you could run circles around tanks in the ps2 games and using heat weapons made fighting them a joke.
>>
>>318798141
Maybe if you're a fucking moron that doesn't know how to make a proper build.
>>
>>318797841
Armored Core is one series without the PC cancer ruining the fanbase. The Souls series has already been ruined. Keep AC pure.
>>
>>318798259
>muh build
I says much if a piece of shit two legged AC can beat a tank any day unless you minmax the shit out of it.
>>
>>318798680
AC is all about minmaxing though you fucking pleb. Optimization is at the heart of AC.
Tanks aren't all powerful machines, their weakness is that they're slow. But they get to carry way more hardware.
Two legs are lighter and weaker but faster.
If you had actually played the games you ought to understand the formula by now.
>>
>>318798993
>AC is all about minmaxing
tip top kek
I used a overweight Foxeye recreation in ACLR and finished everything with it. gitgut
>>
>>318799217
I don't see what you're trying to say.
Being overweight has a heavy fucking price.
If you're going to play overweight then you should just use legs that can support you instead and mitigate that negative.
EG tank legs.
>>
>>318799546
Nah I'm saying that you don't need to minmax and the games never say you have to what's more the top story mecha in the series are all flawed. If you are with the series for years shit like stats(especially in the ps2 games) has no meaning as it's more fun to just RP flawed builds.
In short minmax has no charm for me anymore.
inb4
>human+/op-i shit
>>
>>318800092
But an overweight build is just a shitty minmax anyway.
You're sacrificing ALL of your speed for maximum firepower.
When you could have the same firepower and greater speed if you just used the right legs.
And beside that several AC games don't even let you play as an overweight.

And while you can cheese singleplayer like that with enough luck on every single mission, you'll get your ass kicked if you ever try that against another player. Even someone who isn't very good.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.