[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I play S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl, or do I play Pillars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Do I play S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl, or do I play Pillars of Eternity?

Help me decide, /v/. I've played neither.
>>
stalker
>>
they're entirely different games but STALKER for sure
>>
PoE is shit so don't waste your time with it
>>
>>318793782
>>318793817
Any particular reason why?
>>
STALKER with mods
>>
What is is about a single horn + an eyepatch that's so fucking cool?
>>
>>318793941

Its still superior to any modern RPG just for the atmosphere.
>>
What game have you played just before those two? Whatever that is, pick the one that is the closest to the polar opposite. If it was shooter then pillars, rpg then Stalker. ( though it feels a little rpgish with the loot and people having buddy ratings and all that.)
>>
>>318793986
We've been fed amazing mgsv trailers for a few years now. Even if the game was shit I think the trailer really left an impression.
>>
>>318793986
>>318794212
Yeah, it's pretty weird. I think the combination of amazing trailers+time delay+hype ended up imprinting us in a way that the game never actually managed. That and the fact that the basic idea of a character going into a coma for nearly a decade, then reawakening with a cool shrapnel horn, all fucked up and ready for revenge is pretty awesome and applicable to many characters.
>>
File: 1434915862335.jpg (160 KB, 569x1252) Image search: [Google]
1434915862335.jpg
160 KB, 569x1252
>>318794117
Played Fallout 4 senpai. It's not a real RPG, and I felt like playing Pillars to clear my palate, so to speak. I'd heard it was really good and a throwback to old school cRPGs, which I love.

I kinda felt like playing STALKER because it seems like it would give maximum comfy with the winter months, and I've never played it before.

>>318794091
Is STALKER an RPG? Never knew that.
>>
>>318794663
Its an open world sandbox shooter. If you never played it youy should play it instead of pillars of eternity which gets old after like 2 hours.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.