[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nope. It doesn't. People have been citing the Fallout Bible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Nope. It doesn't. People have been citing the Fallout Bible for years but none of that's been official canon since before Van Buren... The whole G.E.C.K. confusion was caused by this, the only mention of a not-actually-amazing G.E.C.K. is in the Bible, without it both F1 and F2 imply that G.E.C.K.s really are miraculious devices in nature.

The same goes for this. Never once in F1, 2, or Tactics is it mentioned Ghouls -need- food and water to survive. In the Bible, it's mention Ghouls are a product of radiation AND FEV but we know this isn't true. The Bible is not canon, F1, 2, Tactics, 3, NV, and 4 are and there is literally almost no lore discrepency when you look at it this way.

The Bible is not canon, Ghouls don't need water or food and they definitely aren't made from FEV, even in F1, despite what the Bible says.
>>
>>318791995
he was locked in a REFRIGERATOR

obviously there's food and water in there
>>
it a reference to a movie, dont take it that seriously you autistic fucks
>>
>>318792193
yeah but not for 200 years.

regardless, ghouls clearly don't need to eat or drink to live or, at the very least, not very often.
>>
>>318792428
>implying a reference can't be canon
in that case we better just call it a day because then none of Fallout is canon at all since, y'know, Mad Max is still a thing.
>>
>>318791995
>The Bible is not canon, F1, 2, Tactics, 3, NV, and 4 are and there is literally almost no lore discrepency when you look at it this way

But in NV there is that ghoul who is trapped by those nightkin that say that he has survived by eating radroaches and drinking water from condensation.
>>
>>318793430
Yeah but just because he did eat and drink doesn't mean he had to.
>>
>>318793608
He at roaches and suck water from condensation for fun?
>>
>>318793709

>he doesn't succ for fun
>>
>>318792943
Ok so you are self defeating by admitting fallout is just shitty fanfic
>>
>>318792943
>Being this ass blasted over fictional nonsense
>>
>>318793608
>>318793709
I guess his point is that ghouls dont need to, but still can eat. Lets ignore the fact that of course they have to eat, what provides their body with energy, suspension of disbelief all that.
But there are a lot of ghoul beggars in New Vegas. And beggars, and even more so ghoul beggars get jack shit. So they do get pretty close to starvation. I think ghouls wouldve figured out in the 200 years that they dont need to eat.
>>
I've always assumed it was a lot like Zombies, they will eat, and do NEED to but can afford to only sparsely. I mean that does bring up the healing factor through radiation though, is it powered by energy produced through their natural diet, or could the radiation healing factor power through starvation?
>>
I hate Fallout 4 but I never understood the problem with this specific thing.

First off, I'm pretty sure it's always been implied Ghouls don't need food/water, and that could be amped up in the case of a child Ghoul, being smaller and all.

Secondly, it's a blatant movie reference. It doesn't exactly need to make perfect sense. FO2 did that constantly.
You wanna have a debate about how the Chosen One saw the movie Godfather, or you wanna shut the fuck up?
>>
DEEPEST LORE
>>
File: Flagnarmor (2).gif (180 KB, 640x489) Image search: [Google]
Flagnarmor (2).gif
180 KB, 640x489
The Fallout Bible is canon in Interplay/Obsidian Canon

The Fallout Bible is not canon in the Bethesda canon.

It's that simple.
>>
>>318795220
That's retarded. You are retarded
>>
>>318795220
Nope, the Bible is not canon at all. Period.
>>
>>318793925
Just because they are begging doesnt make them hungry. They could be addicts, like a lot of Ghouls are. It's hard for a Ghoul to get high so it would make sense they'd be begging for caps all the time to afford the 15 Jet it takes for them to get a buzz
>>
>>318794371
But that is canon, anon. Also Dr. Who and Aliens. Nah, jk, but really

There is a fine line between Easter Egg and and reference, and references are definitely canon. If they weren't then I guess Dogmeat isn't, either. Easter Eggs like the TARDIS and such are obviously not canon but smaller things like the Tragic card game are real in Fallout despite being a reference to something in our world.
>>
File: 1448691381893.png (236 KB, 315x447) Image search: [Google]
1448691381893.png
236 KB, 315x447
>>318793830
>>318793897
>getting this rekt
>>
>>318793430
Well, just because they don't need to eat/drink does not mean they don't get hungry or thirsty. I'd assume if there is food to get they'd probably eat it, but hunger won't kill them.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.