[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should it be possible to save Aerith in the upcoming Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: Aerith.jpg (59 KB, 420x700) Image search: [Google]
Aerith.jpg
59 KB, 420x700
Should it be possible to save Aerith in the upcoming Final Fantasy VII remake?
>>
The controversy would make for great publicity.
>>
File: aerithn.jpg (86 KB, 257x308) Image search: [Google]
aerithn.jpg
86 KB, 257x308
>implying Nomura would allow it when he 's so proud of the fact he suggested that she be killed in the first place, along with the reaction it caused
>>
File: FF7.webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
FF7.webm
1 MB, 960x540
>>318789876
I wonder what she'll look like in the remake. She's had like 3 different CGI faces in the compilation games.
>>
>>318789876
Because it'll make advent children non canon then sure
>>
File: nomura2012 interview.png (107 KB, 954x1695) Image search: [Google]
nomura2012 interview.png
107 KB, 954x1695
>>
>>318789876
Maybe as a NG+ deal. How FFVIIR plays will determine if I care.
>>
>>318790508
I wonder if it will add and alter content and story or if it will be more of a 1:1 conversion into new gameplay and assets.
>>
>>318789876
DLC only
>>
*Aeris
>>
>>318789876

>You are now aware she only started falling for Cloud because he reminded her of her dead boyfriend
>Because Cloud basically took on Zack's persona and ideals to block out the past and keep this image he was an elite SOLDIER First Class.

Crisis Core didn't even retcon this in because even the original game flat out admits it in that whole introspective part with Tifa.

Cloud is pretty much a gigantic beta until the end of the game.
>>
>Aerith
>>
In my opinion, Cloud should be one to die. Women in games have been the deadsel in distress for too long!!!
>>
Since they're going to change everything else about the game, why not?

Problem is, they're gonna change al lhe things they shouldn't change (gameplay, design) and not change what needs to be improved (story, flow).
>>
i think it should just pop up a window saying "hey, not to spoil anything you're gonna regret this" if it sees you're spending too much time grinding XP for her
>>
>>318791206
Why should cloud die? You're a fucking autist, go kill yourself
>>
They should include the option to save her but only if it gives you the bad ending where Meteor BTFOs the planet because she wasn't dead enough to power up the white materia.
>>
File: 1445220819099.gif (2 MB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
1445220819099.gif
2 MB, 250x220
>>318791624
That was some weak ass bait and you fell for it anon.
>>
She knew she'd die so she had to die.
>>
I want date scenes with EVERY character now.
>>
They should patch in the ability to revive her by beating the boxing game in Gold Saucer 8 times.
>>
>>318791183
Yup. I just finished replaying the segment inside the life stream. Every time it reminds me how pathetic Cloud was, but I always like how he owns up to it in the end. Cloud is way nicer to people after he becomes himself since he no longer thinks he's an invincible badass like Zack.
>>
>>318789876
No. Never go back on this. Make her death have impact.

The only way is if you do it on like, NG+7 where everything's ridiculously hard and you have some meta scene where Cloud hints that he's seen this happen too many times and could never stop it but now he can because plot armor.
>>
>>318792278
This or make it so that old convoluted theory method for reviving her from back in the day actually works.
>>
>>318792608
That sounds silly enough to fit right in with the rest of FF7. I'd be okay with that.
>>
>>318791704
she was down there in that place exactly for that reason

after so long not knowing why that materia she had wasn't working, she suddenly woke up one day and went towards that place to summon Holy. who knows, maybe she learned after being bitchslapped by Cloud at the temple of the ancients.
if seph hadn't killed her back then, she would've successfully used the spell and Meteor would've asploded up there just fine (or maybe not even work since she was doing that before the events at gaea's cliff)
>>
They already made it so Maxim and Selan survive in Lufia 2's remake so I wouldn't put it past them
>>
In terms of respect, no. However I really don't care what they'll do with the Remake, which I didn't want. Go crazy if you wish and make it possible.

I want Cloud to fail to stop and cleave her in half this time actually. It would retain the shock. The feeling of guilt from Temple of Ancients was important to the scene after all. The exact feeling Square later perfected with __Xion___.
>>
>>318792608
In Dragon Quest VI, you can fight a ridiculously hard superboss and have a different ending in which he beats up the antagonist for you.
It would be pretty nice if there was an alt ending like that in FF7, so you save her at the cost of beating Sephiroth instead of Jenova at that point, then at the end she just nukes Holy on his face.
>>
>>318793841

Problem is, Nomura isn't as good of a developer as Yuji Horii. And Final Fantasy as a series has a rod so far up its ass, it would never allow for a unique ending like that. It took Yuji Horii working with them to allow for a game not to take itself seriously and have alternate endings (Chrono Trigger).

In short, Dragon Quest and other Yuji Horii games allow for gameplay or necessity to overtake set story points. In Final Fantasy, the story dictates everything and gameplay better get the fuck out of the way.
>>
>>318789876
Save aerith and bring zack back from the dead
>>
>>318790227
Yeah Nomura and Toriyama decided to kill Aerith to cause maximum butthurt and by god it worked
I mean people are still asking for her not to die in the upcoming remake
It's been 20 years and people are still trying to not have her die
Wanna see how much foreshadowing they cram in the game?
>this Sephiroth guy sounds scary, but I'm sure my bodyguard will always protect me
>>
>>318794384
eh, you don't need a brilliant developer to put a prompt before a specific boss battle, then a different CG cutscene at the ending
in FF6 you can leave Shadow to die, so it's not like they have never tried to make different stuff in endings.
>>
Making Aerith live would completely fuck the impact of the story up. Holy failed, Aerith needed to get into the Lifestream directly in order to stop Meteor.
>>
>>318794967

True. I just feel like they won't allow FFVII to go off the story. Since its being treated as a huge AAA remake and so many fans obsess over every single story point. Even if they tried to replace the pointless filler stuff like Big Materia with something, the fans would skin them alive. So a major plot point like Aeris dying or the final fight with Sephiroth? You better believe they're set in stone.
>>
>>318792393

And Zack was a super nice dude anyway. Cloud learned nothing from him. Until the rerelease of Advent Children that is.
>>
>>318789876
My first reaction was no. But now that I think about it we already have a FF7 game and they are making a remake form the ground so why not make it a little bit different? Why not keep the FF7 atmosphere but make a couple of changes to surprise the player? REmake did that and suceeded.

Just one thing,if they plan to give the player a way to save Aerith I hope they don't spoil it before launch.
>>
>>318794992

Her Holy materia is what's needed to stop the meteor. Her dying is not as vital to the story. And having a character die for emotional impact goes all the way back to FFII. Aeris is literally Aria from FFIII made a playable character.
>>
>>318795364
Are you not remembering the ending to FF7 properly? Holy failed to stop Meteor and in fact, only made things worse. It was only when the lifestream itself comes up that Meteor is stopped. And that was thanks to Aerith. If she doesn't die, who will get the lifestream to stop Meteor?
>>
>>318794992
>Making Aerith live would completely fuck the impact of the story up. Holy failed
holy failed because she died.
>>
>>318789876
no
>>
No, but I guarantee you that if it isn't there will be DLC to do it for you.
>>
>>318789876
with a QTE
>>
>>318795956

>And that was thanks to Aerith. If she doesn't die, who will get the lifestream to stop Meteor?
An alternate ending could be Aeris calling to Zach in the lifestream and they both help stop meteor. But that would imply Nomura allows Zack to upstage his fuck buddy cloud in the ending.

Another alternate option would be to have Aeris die, but then come back to life at the end after using the lifestream.

Final Fantasy as a series has so many bullshit story twists, these seem tame by comparison. The problem is that they will go to extremes like having Tidus be a dream and then somehow come to live at the end because of 'love', but won't let a real girl come back from the lifestream.
>>
>>318795956

>If she doesn't die, who will get the lifestream to stop Meteor?

Clearly according to Crisis Core: Minerva. Okay, what the fuck was this Lifestream personification about, Tabata/Kitase?
>>
Aeris sound better.
>>
>>318796543
the lifestream is a source of life energy, it can create anything, even the Weapons
IIRC when Genesis died and fell down there his wish was to see the Goddess he envisioned in his dreams so the lifestream probably just materialized in that form for him
>>
>>318789876
Ask your mom, loser.
>>
>>318796837

But you can fight her as Zack meaning she's objectively that thing at all times.
>>
File: d876559c6ca9481e8a8ff3cab6939c06.jpg (495 KB, 2700x1519) Image search: [Google]
d876559c6ca9481e8a8ff3cab6939c06.jpg
495 KB, 2700x1519
Will Cloud have the Eminem face?
>>
>>318797527
so?
Emerald Weapon is right behind that arena too. lifestream can create stuff and leave it there just like that.
>>
File: 100_9028.jpg (1 MB, 2832x2128) Image search: [Google]
100_9028.jpg
1 MB, 2832x2128
>>318796828

Too bad SquareEnix has changed it to Aerith. And now you're gonna hear that name spoken by voice acting.

Enjoy.
>>
>>318797661
Ayy-rithhhpthtt
An intentional allusion to Earth, just like Squall is an edgy violent gust of whatever and Zidane heads to the top of the world to headbutt his rival
>>
>>318797659

I mean that Genesis' wish had nothing to do with it, since he hadn't died yet. She has always been and isn't just some thing left somewhere. She is the Will of the Lifestream. My what is basically: "Why did the VII world need a goddess and how is that in anyway consistent with the shenanigans Aerith and Sephiroth pull with the Lifestream? Did she just like getting dicked by Sephiroth?"
>>
>>318798450
>She is the Will of the Lifestream.
no nigga you got that backwards, the will of the lifestream made her, just like the weapons
the will of the lifestream is what stopped meteor with Aeris' guidance too
>>
>>318789876
I'm more worried about the content they'll cut Since freedom is so 00's.
>>
>>318798450
from the wikia
>"The nature of Minerva's existence is unclear. In the mission chaining leading up to her, Shinra corporation detects her as "an incredibly strong summon signal", and the Crisis Core Complete Guide says Minerva is similar to a summon in substance. Despite this, Minerva is not shown to be associated with a Materia shard as other summons are. Given the nature of Materia, she may be summoned directly from the Lifestream instead."
she is just as part of the lifestream as the other summons like Bahamut, all manifestations of the planet's consciousness
>>
>>318789876
No
the only thing that needs to be changed is the translation
>>
>>318789876
Yes, it should be possible. It should lead to a bad ending where Cloud's selfishness to bring her back results in Holy not being able to be cast and Meteor destroying the planet.
>>
I would laugh my ass off if in the remake tifa gets impaled.
>>
>>318799412
But if she survived and managed to finish her prayer down there then she would have summoned Holy just fine.
>>
>>318789876
No. She's a shitty plot device.
>>
File: 1386594872514.jpg (62 KB, 346x480) Image search: [Google]
1386594872514.jpg
62 KB, 346x480
All I can see anymore when someone posts Aerith is that god awful Alice Doujin
>>
>>318799252

The start of the same wiki says she is implied to be related to Gaia's consciousness.

However I did check that wiki after reading >>318798953
and I guess I might've been wrong. It has been a long time, since CC and I remember scanning her and getting the earlier impression. But if that isn't the case, then my question is answered now and that's good. Thank you.
>>
>>318799610
In my image she does die, but she is brought back. Perhaps during her Resurrection the power of Holy is consumed. Cloud does it, even at the other party member's protest, and triggers an alternate set of events.
>>
I don't know what's more sad. That fact that people are still arguing over what the story in FFVII actually was or the fact that I'm reading it.
>>
>>318799963
eh, that would be inconsistent with the way materias work.
each of them has a specific purpose, that would be like using the black materia to make some weird mumbo jumbo spell to kill someone instead of casting Meteor
>>
File: sdgseht.png (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
sdgseht.png
13 KB, 200x200
>yfw it's possible to save her but it will require getting 100% on the game FFX-2 style
>>
>>318800260
Every spin-off was inconsistent with how established stuff works lol. It doesn't have to be Holy itself. It could be that part of Aerith's life force was left in the lifestream and she can't use it or something, I dunno. I just like the idea of bringing her back leading to a bittersweet, bad end.
>>
>>318800537
>tfw going for 100% in that game worried as fuck about getting it just to make Teedus get back with his waifu
>literally say "WHAT? YOU MEAN I DIDNT NEED TO DO ALL THIS SHIT?"
that extra ending was so pointless. they didn't even fug
>>
all I really want is New Game +

literally, that's it, plow through the game with nights of the round
>>
>>318801312
and gold chocobo to get early access to the other towns and gold saucer
also steamrollan through the game with mastered Enemy Skill
>>
File: c8d15a9182ec8cd29093d948f69b32ff.jpg (738 KB, 1032x1457) Image search: [Google]
c8d15a9182ec8cd29093d948f69b32ff.jpg
738 KB, 1032x1457
>>318789876
I rather have a unlockable Zack Campaign that rewrites all of Crisis Core. Genesis is completely removed. Zack's whole story is just having him have to kill his mentor.(who is not a Jenova cell having fag)
>>
File: 1390621481601.jpg (228 KB, 2529x1377) Image search: [Google]
1390621481601.jpg
228 KB, 2529x1377
>>318794782
>mfw I replayed it and realised that the Cat Sith fake out death was meant specifically to make people think Aeris wasn't really dead, or that you could bring her back somehow
Those devilish bastards
>>
>>318789876
>Aerith
Who?
>>
>>318802065
dunno why but I expected Angeal to be revealed as Zack's dad as I kept playing
and to have an alt ending where you survived
>>
File: SephyNeedsIsAHug.jpg (81 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
SephyNeedsIsAHug.jpg
81 KB, 400x318
>>318802065

I'd rather just have all of the past FFVII material rewritten to focus on Zack and Aeris. But they can't do that when 90% of the fanbase has an obsession with Cloud and Sephy. And the other 10% obsess over Tifa.
>>
>>318802287
>running through that part
>all dat drama
>COME ON JUST DIE ALREADY I KNOW YOURE JUST A FUCKING STUFFED TOY
made sense later, of course, but still they dragged that for too long, IMO
>>
>>318789876
I think Aerith is a shitty character and the reason FF7 is a bad game.
>>
>>318803000
>>318802287

Basically everything after Aeris' death felt like they were just padding out the game. You could take out all of Disk 2 and just have Cloud having a mental breakdown, then go fight Sephiroth. Instead they drag it would with big materia, endless Jenova fights, pointless Turk interruptions and do you want to ride my yellow submarine.
>>
>>318789876
They should make her a man, and have Cloud be a bisexual torn between his love for the male Aerith and the female Tifa.
>>
>>318803220
if you consider the most important events after Aeris dies, it boils down to finding out about her mom in Icicle Inn, going to the top of the mountain to meet Seph and have him cast meteor, see cloud get retarded and find out the truth about his past, invade midgar to deal with shinra and go to the crater.
>>
File: 1387414048626.gif (85 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
1387414048626.gif
85 KB, 480x600
>>318803960
>>
>>318789876
I can't wait to see how they handle the remaking of the scene at the gay sauna.
>>
>>318804567

They'll probably take it out to keep the game a Teen rating. Or just change it to something else.
>>
They should lie about it. Hint that it'll be possible, donpt deny when asked, reference ng+ maybe, then keep it impossible. Only way to recreate the feeling in the first.
>>
>>318793602
>Phantasy Star 2 remake
>You can save Nei
>Soul Hackers port
>You can save Spooky

This shit needs to stop.
>>
>>318805053
That sucks, they should stay true to the story even if that means getting an M rating.
>>
>>318804567
they will probably merge the homo stuff from Honeybee Inn with the gym to save time and resources. I'm expecting the game to cut corners in these multi-part sidequests due to the freedom they'll take to change / add stuff.
I'm also expecting Gongaga to have more depth due to the ties with Zack and stuff.
the optional cutscene at shinra mansion about Zack's death will probably be mandatory this time
Temple of the Ancients they'll probably change a lot, Cave of the Gi too, in Gold Saucer I'm expecting new minigames, there's tons of stuff they could add
maybe even have you fight that Weapon who got blasted in the face at Junon
>>
>>318807547

Don't forget the game will be incredibly streamlined like FFX, XII and XIII where it basically guides you to every story event in a corridor. And of course, hours of unskippable story cutscenes with fully voiced dialogue. Because cinematic dialogue sequences are still totally revolutionary three gens later.

Also, the entire combat will be linked QTEs to make an ARPG somehow work with multiple teammates.
>>
>>318808062
>XII
>incredibly streamlined
>it basically guides you to every story event in a corridor
nigga that game's maps were massive and you could get early access to tons of shit from later
>hours of unskippable story cutscenes
XII's cutscenes were skippable, even the CG ones
>>
>>318808062
FFX's combat was turn-based just like VII
in fact it was better since you could change members during battle
>>
>>318808416

Oh not this shit again...

FFXII literally guided you to every location. In order to continue to the next story event, you had to go through a zone. Which only allowed you to go one way until you cleared that story event. Then you could come back later to do a million random hunts or esper quests. But the first time through those areas, you had to go one way on a straight path to the next story event. With all the extra areas blocked off by big red markers.

Please stop this illusion that FFXII had freedom when it was only optional content after the story events.
>>
>>318808559

I think FFX had the best combat i nthe series. But it wasn't like FFVII at all. And Nomura has said he's changing the combat in the remake from what it is in FFVII. People assume it'll be some form of ARPG.

If it was like FFX, then that's great. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
>>
>>318808804
>In order to continue to the next story event, you had to go through a zone. Which only allowed you to go one way until you cleared that story event.
I don't think there's a single FF that allows you to drop a storyline event / dungeon and go somewhere to do another different part of the story.

Can I have Aeris get killed and zip straight to the crater? Can Cecil go fight Zeromus before becoming a paladin?
>>
she has to die to save the planet senpai desu
>>
>>318797661
How will that work when I've renamed all of the characters?
>>
>>318802841
I'm still baffled how hambeasts love Sephy so much.

Like, he was a relatively normal guy in CC, but the dude's a fucking psychopath in every other iteration. The nigga's motherfucking insane.
>>
>>318809393

Well, some FF games let you do things out of order or do side quests in the middle of story events. Of course its nowhere near as open as something like Dragon Quest. But FFX, XII and XIII were even more limited than most FF games.

You're right to a point. In FFVI, they give you the illusion of an open world, but force you to do story events in order. I'm kind of pointing out that FFXII didn't even have the illusion of an open world. It was zoned off areas just like FFX.
>>
>>318809979

With the addition of voice acting, I bet they'll disable the renaming option. Or just ignore it and still have the characters call her Aeirth when you name her Shammalama ding dong.
>>
>>318810595
I don't get your point.
all FF games have storylines where you have to go at towns and dungeons in a specific order to progress the main story. likewise, they all have optional dungeons and sidequests, even XIII.

you just said that you can only go one way until you cleared that story event. that's true for any game in the series from 1 up to 14. try going to Mor Dhona in 14 right after starting LV1 in Ul'Dah.
>>
>>318809979
They won't allow renames just like FFXII, FFXIII, and FFXV (probably)
>>
>>318789876
Only if it leads to a worse ending just to spite the waifufags.

>>318802065
I'd be down for this too.
>>
>>318789876
I don't get how this would make sense in the story because Sephiroth kills her because she's casting something with the white materia to stop the meteor right? So if Sephiroth doesn't kill her, isn't that like the whole plot after her death derailed?
>>
>>318813602
holy almost didn't work because it was cast in the nick of time as meteor was about to crash

if Aeris survived and successfuly summoned Holy, then Seph casted meteor later in disc 2, the both spells would safely crash into each other up in the sky leaving the whole rest of the intrigue to be solved, like sister ray, the Weapons, the crater and whatever else

Meteor didn't open up the northern crater, the party still has to go down there regardless.
this opens up new stuff to do if they want to add new side stories in the remake.
>>
>>318804567
I can't wait for other stuff like Cloud beating the shit out of Aerith and retarded Cloud being confined to a wheelchair.
>>
>>318790691
andnothingofvaluewaslost.webm
>>
>>318791206
i dont know why youre getting downvoted for this but i agree
>>
File: FFX-2.5.gif (273 KB, 350x174) Image search: [Google]
FFX-2.5.gif
273 KB, 350x174
>>318816443
Until they replace it with something even worse. Let's not forget that the retard responsible for FFX-2.5 is still employed by Squeenix.
>>
>>318816972
all that debacle told me was that no developer is 100% trustworthy, not even the original one who made the other games

goes to show that the games people enjoy don't make these guys infallible, likewise those who made shitty stuff once are just as capable of doing something good once in a while
>>
>>318817321
And it certainly doesn't help that much of the talent left the company years ago.
>>
>>318789876
No

Her death should be like a greek tragedy

Saving her should always be out of reach no matter what

Letting her live would ruin the experience of her dying in the first place
>>
>>318817595
regardless, Nojima was responsible for X2,5 just as much as he was for FFX/X-2.
and it's not like he was a freshman either, he helped with the script for VII and VIII alongside big ol' Yoshinori Kitase
>>
File: 1348993236187.gif (497 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1348993236187.gif
497 KB, 500x281
Yes.

because then she will marry Cloud and the Tifa-fags will be forever butthurt.
>>
Square doesn't give a fuck about Nomura's desires anymore, so if you can't save here she will probably come back at the end of the game atleast.

and then AC is basically shit upon.

I like it.
>>
>>318789876
w2c space jew gf
>>
>Save aerith
>game turned into shit
>>
>>318823534
>aerith was literally the best character
>saving her would turn the game to shit

More like saving her will save it from being the fucking snorefest it was after she died.
>>
>>318789876
As DLC.
>>
File: 1447693308422.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447693308422.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>318789876
only in new game plus
>>
>>318823741
waifufag spotted
>>
>>318789876
As a cis scum white ancient, she should stay dead.
>>
>>318823960
Only waifufags call out other waifufags.

everyone else don't give a shit.

So, Tifa-fag. How's it feel with the threat of Aerith coming back to life to ruin your waifu's laifu looming over your head?
>>
>>318810102
CC Seph was such a chill guy. Would have a beer with.
>>
>>318818019
Kitase didn't write for 8 though.
>>
>remaking a game with fuccbois and terrible fashion design instead of a game with classic nihilistic villain

Nice one Square Enix
>>
>>318802841
>I'd rather just have all of the past FFVII material rewritten to focus on Zack and Aeris.

Fuck off CCbabby.
>>
>>318789876
No.
>>
>>318824948
>le wicked sense of humor XD

Fuck off 6fag.
>>
>>318824424
yeah, mixed up that part
but Nojima did
>>
I honestly don't know what they are going to do with Tifa if they bring Aerith back.

They only created Tifa because they knew they were killing Aerith off.

Tifa's going to get kekked if they bring Aeris back too. Which should be fun to watch actually.
Tifa can't get Cloud to fuck her while Aerith's dead, how she gonna do that when she's alive?

When I realize these things, I see now why Tifa fags hate aerith so much. There is really no point to their waifu if aerith is there. She's the heroine and love interest if she lives, which makes Tifa?...

haha, they must be shaking in their boots just at the thought of it. ahue
>>
>>318802841
>I'd rather just have all of the past FFVII material rewritten to focus on Zack and Aeris.

As long as they keep him true to the original game and none of that fanfic tier compilation garbage.
>>
>>318825228
So this is why /v/ hates Aeris. They are all Tifa-fags. It all makes sense now.

Seeing as Aeris is more popular in Japan and the devs love her they will probably do something really nice for her. So yea, count on me being here with popcorn to see the tifa-fag tears and shitstorms when this game comes out.
>>
>>318825228
>>318826154
if your point is to whine about waifufags, congrats. you just made your case with yourself as example.
>>
File: 1435489416767.png (636 KB, 2000x1921) Image search: [Google]
1435489416767.png
636 KB, 2000x1921
I though Nomura preferred Cloud and Tifa?
>>
>>318826416
Oh I'm not a waifufag.

I just love messing with people when I know I'm right.
>>
>>318826154
I bet 9 out of every 10 people who say "X is more/less popular in Japan" don't know shit about Japan or its people.
>>
>>318799424
wasn't she already impaled by sephiroth when she was 16?
>>
>>318826814
yup
>>
Since it's a fully fledged remake and not just a remaster, there are going to be sizable differences. It should feel like a new game to someone who's played the original, just like a movie remake feels like a new movie when done correctly
>>
>>318826686
Well from what I can tell of fandom.

Their is more Tifa porn than Aerith porn.

but there is more Aerith fanart than Tifa fanart.

So they are both popular, they just value Aerith more for her personality and Tifa just for her tits. Which is the same reason the western fandom values her, so it's the same.
>>
>>318806005
woah, hold the fuck up really?! Are these games available in English?
>>
>>318826574
>thinking devs give a shit about pairings

Go away landwhale.
>>
>>318789876
No. But maybe they should kill her off differently to keep the element of surprise.
>>
>>318827392
PS2R needs a translation patch, but sure it's up
>>
>>318826574
>when asked if there had been any romance between tifa and cloud he responded "I don't know and I honestly haven't thought about it"

LOL
>>
>>318827435
Square does since they pander to teen girls and fuckboys.
>>
>>318827757
Yea, that's why this
>>318827639
and Nomura straight up said he prefers writing friendships than romance.
>>
>>318828065
Nomura doesn't write though. Nojima's the one who was writing the faggy teen romance.
>>
FF would be better off without the shitty romance

read : FFT / FF12
>>
>>318828510
Meh, either way I don't really mind romance as long as it doesn't take up too much time. I've long since stopped hoping for it to be good though because it almost never is.
>>
>>318828708
I agree. They just aren't good at it. and when they do something right, they fuck it up.

FFXV looks like it's going to be good since it mostly focuses on other bonds besides romance.
>>
>>318828891
Based on their treatment of FF7 over the last decade I have a very strong feeling it will suck tremendously.
>>
>>318829104
I thought the romance in final fantasy IV was okay for it's time.
>>
>>318828708
FFXII sucks though
>>
>>318789876
>go back to the temple inside the Forgotten City after another pivotal point with Sephiroth
>dive into the lake
>see only the Holy Materia
>grab it
>assign it to anyone else and you get a generic Holy cast
>Assign it to Cloud, with other Support Materia
>Get Aerith Holy Summon
>Sephiroth's life reaches "0" in the final battle
>UltimateHolySummon.jpg
>Knights of the Round ain't got shit on this
>>
gotta love the immediate change of mood
>>
>>318789876
Sega made it possible to save Nei in the Phantasy Star 2 remake, So I don't see why SE couldn't do the same.
How about instead of Aeris though, we resurrect General Leo?
>>
>>318836314
Because Leo isn't in FF7 and we should only keep what's in the original game and nothing else, especially not any compilation faggotry.
>>
File: Aeris02.jpg (60 KB, 289x456) Image search: [Google]
Aeris02.jpg
60 KB, 289x456
FF7 really made me feel. In a way no video game has ever managed to move me since. I wish I could capture that feeling again.
>>
>>318836916
Nah, you know they're going to cut a shit ton of the side stuff. Golden Saucer will probably not have half the minigames the original did.

Also I fear them adding QTE bullshit for some story parts.
>>
>>318837669
I'm more worried about how they'll change the story and characters i.e changing Cloud into an emo faggot like he was in AC or changing Zack into an annoying retard like he was in CC.
>>
File: 1434435944822.jpg (95 KB, 744x1150) Image search: [Google]
1434435944822.jpg
95 KB, 744x1150
>tfw no crossdressing in the new FF7
>>
>>318838073
Cloud is always emo and Zack is always an annoying retard
>>
>>318838118
nope, they specifically confirmed the crossdressing section is staying
>>
>>318838212
>Zack is always an annoying retard

In the original game he certainly wasn't.
>>
>>318839113
proof or didn't happen
>>
>>318839292
http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-7-director-says-please-look-forward-to-crossdressing-cloud-in-the-gritty-remake/
>>
>>318791062
I just hope it doesn't have such a horrible translation like the original english version did. Hopefully they can find a term that's better than "Sephiroth clone"
>>
>>318839292
http://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-cloud-will-crossdress-e3-2015/

Next time try googling instead of being a manbaby who needs everything spoonfed to him.
>>
>>318839626
It won't. They already fixed Aerith's name, so they'll make other corrections too.
>>
>>318838212
Wrong on both counts, compilation babby.
>>
>>318839626
They'll call them Sephiroth copies if Crisis Core is any indication.
>>
>>318791704
>>318793376
In game they explain that Holy was released too late, Sephiroth was blocking it remember, and started to have the opposite effect since Meteor was already too close. If it wasn't for the Lifestream bursting out of the ground and stopping both everyone would be dead. Game implies that it was Aerith that got the Lifestream to do that by showing her face near the end. So if she doesn't die then the world would get BTFO but for different reasons.
>>
>>318840384
And they were only too late because Aerith died trying to summon Holy.
>>
>>318841089
Read up on it if you're confused, senpai.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_(Final_Fantasy_VII)
>>
File: cloud.gif (919 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
cloud.gif
919 KB, 500x230
I just hope they keep the characterization and don't try to water everything down or make it into a shounen type thing just for a wider more casual audience.

Cloud is the mc but he was never really a hero type. He was just this awkward beta who took on Zacks personality.

Tifa was.. well Tifa. The more demure childhood friend the beta mc had a crush on who is pretty beta herself when it comes to cloud.

Aerith was just a fucking whirlwind. She looks like a delicate flower but isn't as innocent or delicate as she looks. She has streetsmarts and is fearless. She's also fun loving and doesn't take things as seriously as she probably should.

In the end, Tifa retains her love interest role by the mc's side. Aerith seems like she was the hero who was trying to save the world and her loved ones and cloud was her bodyguard at first. the guy protecting the hero. but when he failed and she died, he struggled to take on that role.

I like that they sortof kept that in AC atleast. Aerith was the one cheering cloud on and supporting him as her role as heroine and cloud being alive is the one who gets shit done and allows aerith to do her thing and cure everyone.

I just liked that it wasn't your typical shonen character setup.
>>
No. Her death was a huge driving force for the plot.
>>
>>318799610
She did finish her prayer, holy was already summoned, it was being blocked by Black Genesis and would have kept on being blocked regardless of her living or not.
>>
>>318800572
>It could be that part of Aerith's life force was left in the lifestream

Nigga what the fuck do you think the lifestream is? Her entire lifeforce was in there.
>>
No. Her death was a huge driving force and with out it the ending plot falls apart.
>>
>>318789876
No. Aeries dies. End of story now stop being a fag OP. Stop it, no Bad.
>>
>>318791187
>>318791176
Don't blame retards for having a speech impediment and lisping, anons
>>
>>318808062
So it'll guide you like in FFVII?
>>
File: cloudtryingtorunafterhiswaifu.gif (218 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cloudtryingtorunafterhiswaifu.gif
218 KB, 320x240
I just want to see these scenes of my otp in glorious hd
>>
File: image.png (544 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
544 KB, 640x1136
>>318796828
Too bad it's Aerith now
>>
File: 17224393.jpg (59 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
17224393.jpg
59 KB, 600x700
>>318843950
>embarks on a journey to discover her own destiny

Even sounds like the description for an mc they should've just made the game about her lol
>>
File: 27558917.jpg (47 KB, 530x385) Image search: [Google]
27558917.jpg
47 KB, 530x385
>>
>>318826574
This looks like one of those "You are trying to make an image that's X GB in size" pictures.
>>
>>318844623
I find it more amusing that she has an epic journey to discover her destiny is to suddenly and violently accept an indecently large shaft into herself from which her insides never quite recover, stretched beyond any repair.

That's a shit destiny.
>>
>>318790508
That fucking booty doe
>>
File: in the garbage it goes.gif (1 MB, 294x329) Image search: [Google]
in the garbage it goes.gif
1 MB, 294x329
>>318838118
>decent art piece suggesting progressive things
>>
>>318841980
>He was just this awkward beta who took on Zacks personality.

Where did this shit meme come from? Zack was a completely different character from Cloud (even more so if we're taking Crisis Core - as much as I utterly loathe it with a fiery passion - into consideration) Cloud was taking on his idea of what a badass former-SOLDIER merc should act like.

>She's also fun loving and doesn't take things as seriously as she probably should.

What a shame CC made her into yet another annoying ditz.
>>
>>318841089
Aerith succeeded in summoning Holy. But Sephiroth was blocking it and keeping it from appearing, this would have happened regardless of her living or not, it's the reason you go down into the crater to kill him. So Holy will be released. Now the only reason Aerith stayed in the Forgotten City was she had no idea that Holy was being blocked, so for all she knew she wasn't summoning it right, and stayed to summon it. Even though it already was.
>>
File: 1422335358004.gif (17 KB, 130x129) Image search: [Google]
1422335358004.gif
17 KB, 130x129
>>318789876
>FFVII-R has "Robo-Zack" as a hidden boss.
>Can only be accessed on the Disc 2 and Disc 3 portion of the scenario.
>Beating him allows you save Aerith on New Game+

People would call guys like us liars back then, but we've seen what Nomura and Kitase are capable of these days.
>>
>>318791569
Pretty much everyone has already been spoiled of her death whether they played the original game or not, so it doesn't matter anymore.
>>
File: 22205896.jpg (119 KB, 481x888) Image search: [Google]
22205896.jpg
119 KB, 481x888
>i knew cloud would come for me...

>i'm your bodyguard..right?

;_;
>>
>>318848386
>"Hee hee, you fell from the sky!"

Aerith to Zack during a pivotal moment of Crisis Core paying homage to the original FF7.
>>
File: Jessie.jpg (200 KB, 523x800) Image search: [Google]
Jessie.jpg
200 KB, 523x800
>Not wanting to save the best Girl

She didn't deserve to die you heartless bastards.
>>
>>318841980
You just perfectly described why I like Aerith more than Tifa, though I know it's an extremely unpopular opinion.
>>
File: Ff7-elena.jpg (7 KB, 101x410) Image search: [Google]
Ff7-elena.jpg
7 KB, 101x410
>>318849704
best girl didn't die though
>>
>>318849704
I'd like a scenario where we can disarm the bomb then treat their injuries.

>>318851181
I hope
>>
>>318827221
Porn > fanart
>>
File: cloudaerisac.gif (981 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
cloudaerisac.gif
981 KB, 500x233
I just loved seeing these two interact. You could say I ship them, but it wasn't just for the sake of shipping.

You have Aeris, who is a city girl and isn't shy at all and loves to tease Cloud, who is a beta and awkward country boy. They laugh together and genuinely seem to get along so well it hurts.
I love how she basically has him wrapped around her finger but at the same time he doesn't have to worry about her hurting him because she can. because she's Aeris. and she would never do that.

but there's a bit of tragedy to their relationship even from the beginning that they don't even know about. Zack. They are both connected before they even meet through their dead friend. and maybe that's a precursor to her death and the tragedy of it all.

It's just so tragic because all I can think of when she dies in his arms is them laughing together.
>>
>>318789876
Can Vincent save Lucrecia first?

If only so he can stop being an emo faggot.
>>
File: Stop.jpg (37 KB, 353x439) Image search: [Google]
Stop.jpg
37 KB, 353x439
>>318853548
>>
>>318853548
Yeah I kind of get that, but really we have no idea what kind of chemistry they'd ultimately end up having cause of her death. I know I never felt much for he and Tifa since they both seem so much alike, but then I knew from the beginning of the game that she would be the main love interest cause demure childhood friend.
>>
>>318853548
OMG Clouris4lyfe becoz they're like so KAWAII together desu <3

>>318854134
No we need him to make Cloud look less emo by comparison.
>>
File: 1430706931178.gif (2 MB, 294x168) Image search: [Google]
1430706931178.gif
2 MB, 294x168
>>318853548
lol faggot
>>
File: aerithcloudlookac.gif (957 KB, 500x234) Image search: [Google]
aerithcloudlookac.gif
957 KB, 500x234
>>318854536
That's probably the most tragic part about their relationship. The what-if's.

It is a consolation to me though that the devs atleast admit that Tifa and Cloud have a dysfunctional relationship in AC and also offhandedly mentioned that maybe things would have gone better for Cloud with Aeris.

I think a main difference between arguing between Cloud and Tifa and Cloud and Aeris would be the way Cloud feels after every fight.

He's pretty beta and both girls seems like they would win every argument. I just prefer Cloud and Aeris, because Aeris would probably convince Cloud to see things her way and he wouldn't feel so bent out of shape about it.

With Tifa it seems like he just hides things from her because he feel like he has to or she will beat him lol seriously though, they don't have the best communication.

with aerith, they just got along so well i can't imagine them having too many issues
>>
>>318845931
literally what ass are you talking about
>>
File: whynotboth.jpg (283 KB, 907x861) Image search: [Google]
whynotboth.jpg
283 KB, 907x861
>>318856225
>>
>>318795956

Aerith's dead mom, Ifalna.
>>
File: Gast-ffvii-field.png (15 KB, 143x232) Image search: [Google]
Gast-ffvii-field.png
15 KB, 143x232
>>318858217
>a hot milf like Ifalna fell in love with this ugly motherfucker

Were pornostaches "in" at the time or something?
>>
>>318790227
>nomura suggesting it
I think you mean Sakaguchi? Sakaguchi's mother died around that time why does everyone think nomura had anything to do with it?
>>
>>318859208
I thought Sakguchi's mother dying influenced Zack's death?
>>
>>318789876
No because that would be fucking dumb and ruin half the point of the 2nd half of the game
>>
>>318859773
No, Zack was a very minor character in the original game.
>>
File: wots.jpg (51 KB, 540x627) Image search: [Google]
wots.jpg
51 KB, 540x627
>>318789876
No because Tifa's better
>>
>>318846102
>Cloud was taking on his idea of what a badass former-SOLDIER merc should act like.
True but he is not technically wrong. Cloud did mixed in what he could remember from Zack in there too.
>>
>>318860978
Post more Cloud and Tifa please
>>
>>318861389
Such a happy little moment :^)
>>
I want to say no, but it would be mildly interesting for a remake to actually diverge from the original game. But then again if it did there is a chance it would be cringe worthy or awful. But the risk is still worth it, do something different.
>>
>>318789876
>Hey guys! Remember that one major plot twist that ended up being the main characters' motivation to stop the bad guy and triggered a lot of character development? Let's just get rid of it!
Yeah, no.
>>
File: 53545575_p0_master1200.jpg (301 KB, 630x594) Image search: [Google]
53545575_p0_master1200.jpg
301 KB, 630x594
>>318861389
I gotchu famironi
>>
>>318849704

This, so much this.
>>
>>318849704
This. Fuck that Aerith bitch. We need to save the true mvp
>>
>>318862894
More please

thanks
>>
>>318789876
no
aerith wan't even the best female, yuffie was
>>
>>318789876
>Should they bring back the worst girl?
No
>>
>>318789876
No. Zack needs some of that pussy in the afterlife
>>
>>318861107
Probably his cockiness and overconfidence, but that's about it.
>>
>>318789876
Hope not, waifu fags need to learn to deal with loss and move on.
>>
>>318859208
No, Nomura is the one who suggested it.

>why does everyone think nomura had anything to do with it?
Because Nomura was base story writer.

Sakaguchi only did the concept of the lifestream and Mako, nothing else.

Nomura created the characters, their personality and arc setting, the basic story and events.

Then Nojima and Kitase fleshed out Nomura's story

After Sakaguchi's mom died he barely had any involvement in the game, originally he pitched the story to be a 1999 NYC setting about a hot blooded detected named Joe, then his mom died and then Nomura created a new story with new characters, he pitched that Aeris die because it represents that death is a sudden thing and because it would resonate with Sakaguchi
>>
>reviving a "flower girl"
>>
>>318865828
>Then Nojima and Kitase fleshed out Nomura's story

And then they proceeded to take a steaming shit on it with Advent Children and Crisis Core.

Also was Nomura in any way involved with the writing of FF8, 10 and 13?
>>
>>318868243
Nojima and Kitase wrote AC and CC

Nomura had nothing to do with AC other than directing the battle scenes and a few of the character designs, AC was stated by Kitase and Nojima long before Nomura was even involved.

And Nomura had nothing to do with CC other than the character designs too.

On 8 the only thing Nomura did was character designs and battle visual direction, and on 10 and 13 the only thing Nomura did was the character design for the main cast.
>>
>>318868594
Wow, and here I was blaming the wrong guy for everything that went wrong with the compilation.

Though to be fair the action itself was dull and weightless, but that's minuscule when stacked up against everything else wrong with that movie.
>>
>>318869216
>Wow, and here I was blaming the wrong guy for everything that went wrong with the compilation.

You and 60% of the internet.
>>
>>318870410
Well after the giant turd sandwich that was FFX-2.5 people are finally coming to the truth,
>>
>>318789876
No, because it would fuck up the entirety of the Narrative. The whole reason that Holy was able to even activate was because she died and she was also the reason the life stream rose out of the planet to stop Meteor when Holy wasn't enough.
>>
File: 1392779451082.jpg (243 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1392779451082.jpg
243 KB, 600x709
>>
File: 1422037898641.jpg (172 KB, 736x651) Image search: [Google]
1422037898641.jpg
172 KB, 736x651
>>
File: 1409657346740.jpg (698 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1409657346740.jpg
698 KB, 1200x800
>>
File: heeeeeerestidus.jpg (372 KB, 720x1082) Image search: [Google]
heeeeeerestidus.jpg
372 KB, 720x1082
>>318874528
>bottom row isn't in order
DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME
>>
>>318846057
>ive never played ff7
>>
>>318854630
Kill yourself.
>>
>>318855561
You know how i can tell youre a redditor?
Fucking waifu fag redditors need to fuck off
>>
>>318839626
THEY BETTER KEEP "LET'S MOSEY"
>>
>>318875023
>Let's mosey
I've never understood the obsession behind this.
>>
File: VIICC_Cissnei.jpg (76 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
VIICC_Cissnei.jpg
76 KB, 960x544
what happened to best girl again
>>
>>318875153

Yeah same here. I didn't even know there was obsession until a couple years ago. Surprisingly enough I saw someone on 2chan saying that he hopes they don't change that line which is really puzzling because it's extremely mundane in the Japanese version.
>>
File: gVqNpqT.png (527 KB, 820x613) Image search: [Google]
gVqNpqT.png
527 KB, 820x613
>>318876330
>compilation shit
>>
>>318789876
I doubt it. Sephiroth should dice her up into tiny pieces, cast Ultima on the remains and then say:

>Nothing personal, kid

Would fit the new dark and edgy FFVII perfectly.
>>
>>318876330
She probably killed herself after Zack was murdered.
>>
>there will be people playing 7 remake that doesn't know Aeris' dies and there will be a huge shitstorm about it and a massive influx of pictures with quotes from her
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.