[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the FUCK do your survive Fallout 2 random encounters? Heck,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: FALLOUT2 2015-12-03 18-55-52-04.jpg (216 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
FALLOUT2 2015-12-03 18-55-52-04.jpg
216 KB, 1024x768
How the FUCK do your survive Fallout 2 random encounters?
Heck, how the fuck do you even manage to survive it as melee/unarmed?
>>
Get buddies
Sometimes two groups will be fighting and you can just pick off the victors

Or just run away.
>>
GIT
U
D
>>
Play on easy because in a game where you're expected to run into packs of mutants and raiders you have no hope of defeating, I'm expected to say FUCK that.
>>
specialized build senpai
>>
File: FALLOUT2 2015-12-03 18-54-28-57.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
FALLOUT2 2015-12-03 18-54-28-57.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
>>318789309
>>318789348
So you're basically forced to be level 20+ to fight normal random encounters around Vault City/Redding/Broken Hills despite not being a single chance in hell you'd be even close to that unless you grinded the fuck out of those random encounter caves?

>>318789421
I thought melee was viable in Fallout 2

>>318789309
>get buddies
Are you joking? They literally explode in seconds
And if you run the companions don't move right after you thus ensuring they get caught in the fire from the first turn
Also high PER doesn't seem to help shit when you always fucking start glued to the enemies
>>
>>318789201
Try to avoid fighting too many people at once until you get power armor. Run for some cover (yes, even though this isn't a shooter you don't have to fight everyone in the open). If you are outmatched just run for the yellow border of the map and get out of there, thats why it's important that you get the perk that allows you to open the inventory with only two action points so you can use a stim and continue running. Don't put points in outdoorsman.
>>
>>318789827
>>318789201
1) don't make shitty builds
2) don't try to fight against everything
3) try to not move alone
4) git gud
>>
>>318789827
in pic related - let them fight, finish rest or run

>So you're basically forced to be level 20+ to fight normal random encounters around Vault City/Redding/Broken Hills despite not being a single chance in hell you'd be even close to that unless you grinded the fuck out of those random encounter caves?

Grind in Fallout? What? You get shitload of XP for quests

> I thought melee was viable in Fallout 2
It needs good perks and armor. And still you can be killed by random dudes lucky crit from minigun point blank.
And there is no way around that, i.e even in best armor in game Marcus can kill you with minigun with enough luck...
>>
>>318790371
>Don't put points in outdoorsman.
Didnt that allow you to choose if you want to enter encounter or not ?
>>
>>318789201
>how the fuck do you even manage to survive it as melee/unarmed?

I don't think you can. I think it's some internet joke everyone is in on but me. Every time I've tried it I always encounter raiders who are completely on the other side of the battle area who are shooting me before they can even get halfway across. There's no way I can even survive long enough to approach them, let alone hit them. So you just die, reload, and hope it doesn't happen again. I guess that's "surviving".
>>
>>318792340
yeah but it's fucking useless in the long run.
>>
I always and I mean always make jack of all trade characters in RPGs, did this in fallout 1 and 2 and it was painful but I still beat the games.
>>
Certain fights are impossible for even range built characters. Melee have it rough obviously because you have to get up close and fight where burst will likely take you out in one shot. You have to pick your fights... like how you would in real life. You will never get to that point where you can tap dance on every face you see.

Bonus Move is pretty much required for a melee build. And melee doesn't get good until you pick up a power fist. You can grab one in Broken Hills if you can beat the arm wrestling champ. Or get lucky and manage to make it to NCR or San Fran and pick one up there for caps.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.