[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales from GameStop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: game.jpg (32 KB, 469x242) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
32 KB, 469x242
Share your stories of how GameStop fucked, or tried to fuck you.

Me?

>2008
>Picking up my copy of GTA IV
>Autistic neckbeard at the counter tries to sell me an opened game for full price
>Black sharpie mark on display side of disc...
>Gets pissy when I ask for a shrink-wrapped copy
>Reluctantly goes in the back to grab me one
>Lectures me on how they all play the same

Umm... Sorry that I like new stuff?
>>
>>318785641
>>Lectures me on how they all play the same

If that's the case, then you should have argued for them to be the same price.
>>
they haven't fucked me, but I was in one gamestop once, and I wanted a yugioh game for Nintendo DS, which comes with a deck of cards, and apparently they kept them separate from the game and the guy couldn't find them, because the trainees put them somewhere he couldn't find.... he cursed a lot and wasn't able to sell me the game so I had to get it elsewhere... I was a bit glad though cause the dude often acted like an ass
>>
>>318785904
The thing is though, if I wanted $5 off, I'd just walk in and buy a used game. I prefer buying new, and opened box isn't new in my eyes.
>>
>>318786570
Same with me.
>>
I stopped going to their physical stores when they sold me a "new" game that was opened. I only excepted it since it was paid for already and I had shit to do. They made a big deal about me canceling and I just didn't have the fucking time for it.
Still can't believe they sell "new" games that have been opened...
>>
Do gamestop employees make commissions or something when they rip people off?
>>
this one happened last year to me, and yeah i got fucked

>go to gamestop
>wanting to buy Metroid Prime Hunters for DS
>dont have in store, so they order it online
>cool
>they help get it ordered
>leave with receipt, all the proof i ordered it
>about a week goes by
>get game
>ITS FIRST HUNT, THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS
>bring receipt, game, package up to gamestop
>tell me they cant do shit

fucking gamestop, man.
>>
>>318787331
I suspect that corporate management hounds them to do this shit. It's like that at many retail places.
>>
>>318787131
>Still can't believe they sell "new" games that have been opened...

Makes me think the employees take games home and play 'em before selling. Scumbags.
>>
>neckbeard behind the counter, nervous and clearly a virgin
>need to make sure all losers know their place
>call up customer service, tell them he groped me and called me a hooked nose kike
>come back the next day, see his replacement, a hot blonde with big tits
>>
>>318787720
They do. It's a perk of working there.
>>
>>318787720
They do but they also have to open up a couple of copies to have the cases display on the shelf and at some point that will be the last copy in the store.
>>
I got my grandmother to buy me a copy of Hyperdimention Neptunia. The story isnt as interesting as it sounds, I think me and the lady at the counter chatted about JRPG's for a minute or two then we left. I don't remember why I was at gamestop with my grandmother nor do I remember why I got Hyperdimension Neptunia but its a pretty silly thing to remember. Maybe we were christmas shopping or something, its been a few years. Game wasnt very good either, story and characters were kinda funny.
>>
>>318787720
Oh I know they do. They open a lot of new games and put the disc in sleeves. They play the games and use the boxes for the shelves.
>>
>>318787331
GameStop employees are rated by how many preorders/credit cards they can sell.

It's why most GameStop employees don't know squat about the biggest games being released, because they are retail slaves.
>>
>two weeks ago
>go to Gamestop to get a Nintendo Gamecube adapter for the Wii U
>guy comes over and asks me if he can help me find anything, I tell him what I'm looking for
>as he's telling me that they have none in stock, I'm holding one I found on the shelf

even that wasn't that bad though
>>
>>318785641
Nice job, OP. Your game would have corrupted files if you had opted for a damaged box. Congratulations for saving everyone.
>>
>>318788051
Great. Sell customers the copy that's been picked up and handled by dozens of greasy-handed 10 yr-olds.
>>
>>318788173
Well good thing retail is a mostly female dominated career where I live.
>>
>>318788335
Thanks. Glad for the support, Sir.
>>
File: 1447906398170.png (297 KB, 364x410) Image search: [Google]
1447906398170.png
297 KB, 364x410
>>318787953
your fucking lying right?
>>
>>318788819
No. They do this shit.
>>
Well, I was an Assistant Manager at GameStop, and they sent me to jail.

So there's that.
>>
>>318788958
2bh, you probably deserved it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.