[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did EA and Dice fuck up Battlefront so badly? Graphics and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: star-wars-battlefront-key-art.jpg (2 MB, 5132x3750) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-battlefront-key-art.jpg
2 MB, 5132x3750
How did EA and Dice fuck up Battlefront so badly? Graphics and sounds are amazing but the game is so casual. Battlefront 2 is superior in terms of gameplay.
>>
They made a game meant to appeal to everyone.

So you've got a visual and audio masterpeice with shallow gameplay.
>>
>>318784057
>still talking about a dead game
this is going to kill DICE. it was EA's plan all along
>>
>>318784057

A guy in a server yesterday wouldnt shut the fuck up about how casual the game was and how bad it was.

He went 1-9 on one map and the next map he went 7-18 then left.
>>
>>318784278
What gamemode?
>>
>>318784320

walker assault
>>
>>318784278
Well he is right though
>>
>>318784216
The funny thing is the original games were extremely popular with normies
>>
>>318784518

"game is so casual"

casual means it's easy for everyone, including the shittiest players

1-9, 7-18
>>
They were gunning hard for kiddies. Also, the game was rushed as fuck. Single-player being cut is a symptom of this.
>>
No campaign
>>
>>318784591
Casual means little depth so no thought or preparation is needed
>>
Battlefront series was always mediocre.
Old Battlefield games and JK/JA MP were a lot better.
>>
>>318784865

No, little depth means little depth.

Casual means it's for casual players who arent good at games. Casual games allow casual players to do well.
>>
>>318784392
Hoth is a 2/10 map, and it plays so.

The crux of gameplay, especially on that map, is teams staring across the middle line at each other. Hoth specifically, is narrow and mechanically shallow. Yet, the gameplay is much less than what facilitates interesting skirmishes because of no roll.
>>
>>318784934
>Battlefront was always mediocre
No and irrelevant.
>>
>>318784057
I agree. Although I'm currently Rank 28 on the new Battlefront and play it when I have free time, it seems more mindless than Battlefront II. Battlefront II had more strategy involved with consistent command posts and multiple ways to win in regular TDM. Pre-outfitted classes kept the game to a rock/paper/scissors mentality but didn't necessarily make any one class shitty. Limited ammo made you use your resources sparingly as opposed to chucking grenades every 20 seconds. Combat had more depth with rolling so that even if someone had a close-range advantage, if you could out maneuver them, you had a better chance at surviving.

Dice's Battlefront isn't terrible in my opinion, it's a nice game to play when you want something mindless and easy-going but Battlefront II is a far better StarWars FPS
>>
>hmm new SW movie is coming so we have to do something to earn shekels
>>
I was saddened when EA got the license for Star Wars. When was it? Like 2 years ago?

I expected this.
I also expected that it will die like Titanfall when I heard it was going to be multiplayer only and no massive bot battles for single player.
>>
>>318784057

>How did EA and Dice fuck up Battlefront so badly?
>How did EA
>EA
>EA

There is your answer.
>>
The truth is that Battlefront was never that good to begin with
and the only people who think it's a good game are nostalgia fags
>>
>>318786351
Titan has so much potential tho, I had a lot of fun for a while. Maybe they'll pull an AC 2 for titanfall 2 and make it pretty good.
>>
File: 5.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
5.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>318784958
>Casual games allow casual players to do well.
This is a paradox and inaccurate. If casual players could do well, then decent players could often still play better. Even if that's camping on top of Hoth vantage points and sniping, even if that's boring, there's still something that can be min-maxed that a decent percentage might not enjoy or imagine (or demote their playstyle) to do.

That the game is overly simplistic (no depth) makes more sense for defining casual gameplay. With this game, there's just strafing for basic meta play; so if the player can hit a barn, they can shoot a character in the back and not get outplayed by that character rolling out of danger (for example).

Casual is a worthless qualifier because of this. Less experienced demographics can get better at a game with depth, but the mish-mash of low quality design often prevents any level of character from playing well consistently. With that, it makes sense that the only casual demographic is within development -- maybe making decisions without playing the game.. or maybe just having little experience with the standards of the genre. It's within reason that a QA group can redefine the little tweaks of awful design, making them sorta decent, but it seems less prevalent that QA can initiate or would even bring up a true redesign or advanced meta improvement.
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>318784216
>>318784934
>>318786629
Just posting this here:

>original in the series
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing thanks to each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and along with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.