[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm at the pirate's fortress segment. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: majoras-mask-box.jpg (123 KB, 858x618) Image search: [Google]
majoras-mask-box.jpg
123 KB, 858x618
So I'm at the pirate's fortress segment. What's so amazing about this game again? It feels like an Ocarina of Time expansion pack.
>>
The surreal atmosphere, so you didn't get it and if you haven't been impressed with it yet you're not going to like the game anymore than you have already
>>
people like it for the bomber's notebook sidequests

the actual game blows
>>
File: 1449020639830.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1449020639830.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>318783812
>ocarina of time expansion pack
>>
the atmosphere is much darker in general, as opposed to oot which just had creepy music, redeads, skeletons and DUN DUN DUNNN

I love MM but I think /v/ overrates the shit out it, aside from the masks gimmicks and all the shit they added into it it really wasn't that amazing.

Actually I recall finding the time system annoying, especially when it comes to doing kafei/pawn shop/late ni shit.
>>
>>318784202
I love the game a lot, but I would agree that it's more of an expansion with the reused models and short dev time.
>>
>Ocarina of Time expansion pack.
>>
>>318784517
it's been a while since i've played either game but isn't mm much better graphically
>>
>>318784652
Aesthetically, not graphically.
>>
majora's mask is my favorite game due to its strange forest funky feel
>>
>>318783812
it's got a lot of nuances to it. There is a real sense of sorrow throughout the game. Just beat it. You've already made it close to the third temple so might as well finish it off anon. I'm sure by now you've noticed the helplessness of it all by now right?
>>
>>318783812
It's good, just not nearly as good as Ocarina of Time. Sure it has a cool atmosphere and it's darker but the temples are nowhere near as good and the time system is purely annoying.

The side quests are the best part of the game along with collecting the masks. But even the side quests get boring after a while because they are literally: go from point A to B, wear this specific mask while talking to this person, go from point B to C, solve a basic puzzle/kill all enemies, go from point C back to A and receive a heart piece/new mask. -->and that's the most complicated they get
>>
>>318785267
Whenever I reverse time I think of all the people in that particular timeframe dying, it's scars deep
>>
>>318785268
>the temples are nowhere near as good

Really? On the whole they're much less linear than the ones in OoT, and there's no more of that 'collect the silver rupees' garbage as well.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.