[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that the Mii Fighters had so much wasted potential?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: mii_fighter.jpg (500 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
mii_fighter.jpg
500 KB, 1500x1500
>They take up three movesets worth of development time that could have gone literally anywhere else
>The movesets are among the dullest in the game and among the least viable to boot
>They were an attempt to cater to some of the worst elements of the fanbase, the ones obsessed with Reggie petitions/Goku
>They (potentially) provide the developers an outlet to skin the characters they don't want to develop and pass it off as fanservice
>These skins also take up development time that, as minuscule as it may be per costume, adds up and could be used elsewhere
>They can't even be used online, cutting appeal for players who want to practice on FG and even trolls who want to goof around

By far the most disappointing newcomers. Even Dark Pit ad Lucina were better because they took almost no development time.
>>
>>318781670
>>
>>318781670
ahaha john wall salty ass nigga usin proxies now just take that L bruh
>>
agreed
>>
Yeah i dont think anyone disagrees
>>
>>318781775
>I don't agree with someone else's opinion so they must be baiting!
>>
>>318781670
I would hate them less if they didn't have three fucking movesets dedicated to them.

The fact that they get all the skins while other characters are left high and dry pisses me off.
>>
>that person who is such a boring faggot he always plays the custom self-insert option
>>
>>318781670
>wasted potential
how so? most of their moves are just rehashed from other characters and probably took no time to throw together
I honestly don't have much of a problem with them
>>
>>318782932
They took more development time than you realize.
>>
>>318783019
I'm sure you have something to back that up
>>
>>318781670
Eh. I personally don't play them but I don't really mind them. There are other characters I don't particularly care for but I still like the game.
>>
I think Miis should be linked to player names. This way Bob would have his own Fighter, Swordfighter and Gunner, as well as Steve would have his three and so on. Pressing buttons that change other characters colors would then switch the class you wanna go as.

I don't give a fuck about fanboys wanting to build their own bad copies of famous characters and people. They can always register a new name anyway.
>>
>>318782932
While a good portion of their special moves look similar to other characters' the developers were still working with completely different models. It's not as simple as just copying and pasting Link's up b. Not to mention they have a range of other moves such as their two getup attacks, dash attack, pummels, jabs, grabs, four throws, five aerials, three tilts, and three smashes. Then there's just general animation work like running, falling, dizzy, helpless, tripping. These are mostly unique fighters.

People who just focus on special moves need to look past those. Plus, the majority of their specials ARE unique when you tally them up. The only way you come to a different conclusion is by stretching what you see on screen to fit a different mold.
>>
>>318783019
>most of their moves are taken directly from other fighters
Stop pulling shit out of your ass
>>
>>318783753
>An up B for sword Mii is literally Link's
>A neutral B move is Greninja's shuriken

Just two off the top of my head.
>>
Brawler is high tier, get rekt.
>>
>>318784776

They are not literally the moves of other characters, as you say. You are using the word "literally" wrong. They are similar, yes, but ultimately different. They're animations are far different, the amount of damage they give is different, their hitboxes are different, knockback is different, etc. They just look similar.
>>
>>318781670
Brawler is god tier with the right setup but no tourneys allow him outside customs for the dumbest reasons.
>>
File: miifighters.jpg (220 KB, 1723x757) Image search: [Google]
miifighters.jpg
220 KB, 1723x757
I like them, but it seems like I'm one of the few that was really excited about them.

The thing that annoys me is how underutilized they are in the game. The heads show up in Multi-Man Melee, without the cosutmes or moves you gave them. You never random a Mii when playing, and yet they'll occasionally show up on the demo screen and seem to be controlled by the computer just fine.
>>
>>318781670
Bruh. Brawler is fucking awesome. Seriously play as brawler with his up b to the hurricane kick or whatever, down b to the samus flip, and side b to the dash hurricane punch.

Brawler is fucking dope.

Gunner meanwhile, sucks but is better than samus. Swordsman truly fucking sucks.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.