[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>kill the most powerful dragon currently in existence >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim.jpg (454 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim.jpg
454 KB, 1920x1200
>kill the most powerful dragon currently in existence
>can't loot his corpse
>not even a gold reward
>NPC's barely react to my presence

I can't believe how disappointing the main storyline was, side-quests were ten times more rewarding than this shit.
>>
Dragonborn > Dawnguard > Dragons lolz
>>
It makes sense in that setting.
>>
>>318766167

>supposed to be civil war going on
>most of the landscape is empty, just a few camps
>few skirmishes, a few big battles, the whole thing is over

Thank fuck for mods.
>>
>Literally kill a fucking dragon in a city
>Guard comes up to me
>"HAY YUU BITTER STAWP SHOWTING ARHOUNDT HERE."
>>
The main quest is always the most disappointing part of Bethesda games
>>
>>318766167
And the side quests were still a fucking joke compared to Oblivion's. I can only remember one or two in Skyrim that weren't just "go to Draugr ruin/bandit cave and do/find thing :^)"
>>
>>318766619
Lost to the Ages is a pretty nice quest line, shame there aren't but a couple more like it.
>>
File: 610% mad.gif (986 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
610% mad.gif
986 KB, 500x210
>>318766619
>Theives Guild
>You don't fucking steal anything
>>
>>318766489
>a few big battles

You mean 5v5 fights between NPC's with new ones being materialized out of thin air once their comrades die.

>>318766619
The daedra quests are probably the most memorable, everything else was just an excuse to send you to some generic crypt.
>>
>>318766858
>thieves guild
>go here, take this, come back, get money, rinse and repeat
Like 4 or 5 different types of quests but after you do one they're the same shit over and over again with the same gold reward
>>
>>318766167
You actually get a shout with the ability to call a dragon to fight for you for completing the main quest. Unless you wanted a shit reward like gold?
>>
Did Trainwiz finish that one Alduin the World Eater mod he was working on? It supposedly involved fighting a gigantic Alduin that would bite off pieces of the landmass as you fought and in the end you'd go inside his body to be able to kill him, didn't it?
>>
>>318767046
Nigga that's still miles above what the College of Winterhold got. Brotherhood and Thieves Guild at least have moderately interesting [for a given definition of interesting] questlines and something to do after they're over. Winterhold got nothing other than you wearing a rug on your head, and the Staff of Magnus is an useless stick.
>>
>>318767121
I already got one of those from Dawnguard, besides it's borderline useless

>long cooldown
>only usable outdoors

Besides, I'm like level 40 and I demolish everything I come across
>>
>>318767276
>College of Winterhold
>forced to do the quest line to get one of the 8 mask
>get swag Arch-Mage quarters, steal all the shit, never return
>>
>>318767276
You get the best robes in the game for almost zero effort
>>
>>318767276
Fucking hell I was so pissed about the College and the Companions, rising through the ranks that fucking quickly.

The Companions were the biggest offender, letting you in their inner circle after doing literally 3 missions, 2 of which are radiant.

At least DB and the Thieves Guild had it make a certain bit of sense that you get in a position of power (even though the whole "Night Mother won't choose a Listener" thing was bullshit)
>>
yet somehow everything you do in the game is much more entertaining than Oblivion was

This is the only Bethesda game that I've enjoyed playing extensively. Maybe it's the setting or the presentation or both don't know why but this game definitely left its mark on me.
>>
that may be true but you get a summoning spell for it and some other shit I don't remember.

Skyrim is still the best TES game yet. suck it, nerds.
>>
>>318767710
And what was up with the goddamn artefacts?

>Skeleton Key
>can unlock anything, including metaphysical concepts like "human potential"
>gives goddamn Mercer Frey superhuman powers and goddamn magic, magic that is, speaking of which, much more interesting than what proper mages get, that is nothing but shooting balls of three different colors at one another
>You can't do much with it other than it being an indestructible lockpick [shouldn't it just open doors outright?]

>Eye of Magnus
>can sink continents and is a literal screwdriver of creation, and if Crazy Man Kirkbride is to be believed, is actually the prison for a reality-altering AI ship
>some random Thalmor fag becomes invincible with it
>You're not even allowed to touch it.

Goddamn Psijics, get out of my school.
>>
>>318767812
same here. Oblishit can go suck a fat one.
>>
>>318768220
In Oblivion it meant you could just bruteforce your way through all the locks with auto-unlocking but since lockpicking in Skyrim isn't hard and lockpicks aren't expensive or hard to come by the Skeleton Key is pretty useless.
>>
>>318768220
>You can't do much with it other than it being an indestructible lockpick [shouldn't it just open doors outright?]

that's pointless then because it won't raise your skill for lockpicking anymore. it was a reasonable design choice that way.

>some random Thalmor fag becomes invincible with it

...and then you take him out cause you got the staff and the monks take it away. so what?

>>318767710
>(even though the whole "Night Mother won't choose a Listener" thing was bullshit)

...but she did. your point???
>>
>>318766619
>le draugr lel game xD

cool meme
>>
>>318767812
>>318768234
lmao cancer
>>
>>318768516
>that's pointless then because it won't raise your skill for lockpicking anymore

pretty sure you'd still get experience from locks successfully picked
>>
>>318768661
I mentioned bandit caves too, what's your issue?

>unironically defending Skyrim's piss poor quests
>>
>>318768516
Having the Skeleton Key work the proper way it's supposed to only leads to a design problem because the writers chose for the quest structure to make it that way, and chose it to be something that you could walk around with in your pocket with no repercussions whatsoever. Same with the eye. What I'm saying is that both quests have you casually picking up artifacts that are shown to give others ungodly powers and yet they are useless to you when you have them in your possessions. I HATE that. If you're not going to let me use it, then don't let me carry the damn thing around, Bethesda.

Compare that to, say, one of the earlier Assassin's Creed games where you're carrying the Apple of Eden around and you can use it to instantly render enemies in a large radius around you basically comatose.
>>
>>318768750
that's not part of the game. faulty logic.
how would you know that?
>>
and it's still better than fallout 4
>>
>>318768984
guess what, nerd, nobody cares and nobody will.
I'd clean my asshole with the Skeleton Key and then shove it up in some argonian's nostril and "unlock" his gag-reflex.
>>
>Skyrim side quests
>please go to this loot dungeon and retrieve my shitty weapon
>please go to this loot dungeon and bring me a macguffin
>please bring me some random items like a mammoth tusk or some gems or something i dunno
Terrible
>>
File: 1400253159276.png (354 KB, 725x684) Image search: [Google]
1400253159276.png
354 KB, 725x684
>>318769068
Yeah no, Fallout 4 at least has satisfying combat. It gutted the most important part of goddamn Fallout, the dialogue, but combat is nice.
Skyrim's player dialogue is garbage like in every other TES game already, but the combat is atrocious too.

>>318769191
We are all very impressed with you, I'm sure.
>>
>>318766167
>can't loot his corpse
Loot what fucking exactly from his corpse?
Do you expect a magical sword on Alduin?
>>
>>318766619
there are some good quests like blood on ice
>>318767138
long time ago
World Eater Beater
>>
I'm still kinda disappointed you don't get to smack dudes in the head if you have a staff.
Are there any games besides Dark Messiah that let you do that?
>>
>>318769345
if you think that most RPGs or adventures or even any action games don't boil down to "fetch and kill" at their very core, you're pretty stupid. other games just stretch the player character's way from A to B and/or completely twist it so he has to take alternate routes. Beth sometimes does it as well although not that often. any halfway decent designer does that.
>>
>>318769387
>fallout 4
>satisfying combat

The combat is decent at best, and dont even think about playing a melee only build and the melee system in fallout 4 is just utter garbage.
>weird as fuck hitboxes for your swings, so half the time your shit randomly doesnt hit
>you keep getting stuck in the environment, because of lel bethesda bugs and thus get rekt by ranged enemies
>running attacks are clunky as fuck

I could go on but you get the picture.
Melee in skyrim did feel better than this.
But yeah fallout is probably not supposed to be played as a pure melee.
>>
>>318769739
Ah well, I couldn't comment on melee since I primarily use guns, but yes, I guess you'd know about that better than me.
>>
>>318769951
>>318769739
>>318769387
While shooting guns in F4 is funnier now, the problem with the gunplay( I have no idea how else to say it) is not. It shouldt take a whole clip of a submachine gun to kill a guy who has little to no armor. But if I used a pistol it will take like 4 shoots. Bullet sponges enemies are not fun. I dont know why they didt have a DT system like in NV what bullshit.
>>
>>318770262
I think damage scaling might be the term you're looking for, Anon.
>>
>>318766489
Even during war, in most places around the world, absolutely nothing happens.
>>
>>318769708
It's the representation, though.
Take PS:T for example, most sidequests in that game are simple fetch quests as well, but most simply have terrific writing. Some sidequests even blend into the main quest.
>>
Main quest was REALLY GOOD until they tell you to climb the fucking mountain. Then you start fucking around with those asshole blades and a bunch of other shit happens and just aggh its all painful and not remotely worth doing.
>>
>College of Winterhold questline
Oh no, one of the important higher ups betrayed us
>Thieve's Guild
Oh no one of the higher ups betrayed us
>Dark Brotherhood
We've been betrayed, who would've thought!

>Companions
Yiff fucking yiff
>>
>>318769345
>please go to this loot dungeon and retrieve my shitty weapon
>please go to this loot dungeon and bring me a macguffin
It wouldn't be bad if the game had actual fucking dungeons and not just long corridors that loop back to the beginning. Fuck bethesda. I had 0 hype for FO4. And I'm not even fucking willing to pirate that garbage knowing they still hold on to their retarded game design philosophies.
>>
>>318766858
The first like 2 Thieves guilds quest were cool, especially the one when you have to infiltrate that manor to steal a deed or something

But then they immediately start the dungeon crawling nightengale shit
>>
>>318770606

so, up until the first two missions?
>>
>>318771013
Yeah.
>>
File: 1260879432678.jpg (30 KB, 186x163) Image search: [Google]
1260879432678.jpg
30 KB, 186x163
>Dawnguard DLC
>that fucking dungeon

I hope Dragonborn isn't as disappointing
>>
>>318769951
Well i tried to play a melee only build and those were imho the main hindrances.

Also some enemies like Swan are literally impossible to beat in melee.
So i resorted to using guns here and there.
>>
>>318769387
>We are all very impressed with you, I'm sure.

that's right. get fucked, nigga. lul.
>>
>>318771168
what dungeon? forgotten vale? pretty cool tbqh
>>
>>318771365
Yeah, the part where you had to fill the chalice with water, felt like they were padding what was an already short DLC.
>>
>>318769739
>Weird as fuck hitboxes
Never happened for me
>Keep getting stuck in the enviroment
Explain this
>Running attacks are clunky as fuck
Can't argue there

One of my small gripes is when you go into V.A.T.S as melee, even if they're a good distance away, as long as you have a 95% chance to hit, your character practically teleports over towards them
>>
>>318771595
Dawnguard vampire hunters plotline seemed less horrible to me.
>>
File: 1442777362565.png (405 KB, 376x500) Image search: [Google]
1442777362565.png
405 KB, 376x500
>mfw becoming archmage only knowing one spell
>>
File: ps4 reveal gun.jpg (63 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
ps4 reveal gun.jpg
63 KB, 620x387
>>318772136
>spells get progressively worse as you level up
>>
>>318771798
>Keep getting stuck in the enviroment
Probably has to do with the clunky running, i kept stopping at the edge of corners or uneven floor.

But yeah the running annoyed me the most.

The hitboxes thing was apparent when playing in third person mode, which i did most of the time.
You had to exactly face the enemy or your swings would miss, even they it looked like you were near enough.
In first person mode there wasnt a problem with perceived hitboxes.

Not that what i perceive as "that should have hit" is 100% objective.
>>
Well you do kill it with no one else looking.
>>
Bethesda sure progressed from fun main quest with fun side quests, to shit main quest with fun side quests, to everything is shit.
>>
>>318766489
Don't forget the unkillable camp leaders
>>
File: 7dollars.gif (1 MB, 290x352) Image search: [Google]
7dollars.gif
1 MB, 290x352
>>318766619
>Bards Guild
>Quest to accept you in the guild requires you to travel half the map go in to a crypt, kill some draugr and take an random item.
>>
>>318772136
>>318772251
Speaking of spells, playing a mage on legendary was almost impossible.
>>
>>318767812
Oblivion had better quest with better plots.
The only big problem with oblivion, in relation to skyrim and morrowind, was the boring world map/caves and the enemies that lvlup with you. And the last can be completely fixed with mods.
>>
>>318776739
>Enhance armor to decrease destruction mana cost by 100%
>Skill impact
>Spam fireball
>Stun the fuck out of everything
What?
>>
>>318766167
>end Civil War
>3/4 of NPCs doesn't know it's over
>>
>>318777168
Have fun playing up until that point, considering you need the best items in the game to get 100% reduction.
>>
>>318777168
>spam fireball
>implying it does damage on legendary.
While a melee character is going to do 300 damage per swing, you're casting a fucking fireball with 60 damage every 2 seconds. It will take ages to kill anything once you've reached lvl 50, since everyone has over 2k hp.
>>
Yaknow, I always liked those spinoff writefag stories that tell shit about the horrors of the Dragonborn from the eyes of an NPC.
>>
>>318777168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryG0NU06PlE
>>
>>318777464
enchanting is the easiest fucking skill to max out and trivializes every other skill in the game once you do so.

>>318777523
I think you missed the point. Every dual-cast fireball will stagger the enemy, even dragons. You can cast them for free while your melee power attack or block bash will always cost stamina, eventually leaving you open to attack.
I don't know why you would want to play legendary's bloated health artificial difficulty, but your best chance would simply be to not get hit. spamming Ice Storm can easily stunlock the entire screen, even the enemies behind cover.
>>
>>318778321
And you'd still be stuck with a gimped character once you got past the earlier levels. All the mana cost reduction in the world won't help you with the fact that spells are shit and don't scale with your skill level / character level
>>
>be dunmer
>join stormcloaks
>>
>>318776984
This. Every Bethesda game has flaws, but Oblivion is the only one that can be completely fixed by mods. You can't fix Skyrim's horrendous writing and horrible quests, meanwhile Oblivion's story and sidequests were top-tier in the vanilla game.
>>
>>318776984
lore rape of cyrodiil can't be fixed though
same goes for Colovnian and Nibeney culture
>>
>>318778989
Even the KKK has black members.
Hitler wasn't Ariyan.
You get the point.
>>
>>318779268
>muh jungle
Protip: Cyrodiil was never described as a dense tropical jungle as depicted in most fanart. It was only described as a jungle, which can mean any densely wooded area. Blame consoles for the lack of tree density, that's all.
>>
>>318779405
>Ariyan
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 546x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 546x366
>>318776984
>the ending of the Dark Brotherhood questline. Hell, the entirety of it
>>
File: haha faggot sour.png (83 KB, 365x450) Image search: [Google]
haha faggot sour.png
83 KB, 365x450
>>318778989
>playing as a dunmer
>atronach stone
>encounter enemy that uses fire spells
>>
>>318780659
>playing breton.
>lord stone.
>laugh at everyone who uses magic.
>>
>>318780338
>That quest with the blind old man and his guard
>That quest you go in the mansion and have to kill everyone
>That quest you gotta kill all your old friends in the sanctuary
>That quest where your bro Lucien guest murdered by his own guild
>The last quest

GOAT
>>
>>318779560
I fucking know how it was described
Jungle is not the main point, the main fucking point is wast magical rivers with water Dragons, diamond and gold made bridges stretching over them and huge cultural gap between Nibeney and Colovnian regions
>>
>>318780338
And in Skyrim you get this
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.