[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just one part of GTAV is better than an entire franchise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12
GTA Online is a better arcade racing game than the current Need For Speed games.

It has:
>Tons of vehicle classes
>An actually diverse open world to race in
>User created races
>Actually memorable vehicles
>Focused on taking race lines around corners instead of fucking drifting
>Non-retarded camera angles
>Different race setups for different tastes
>Playlists where you select the next race within your lobby
>Vehicle destruction
>Day/night cycle

The only thing it doesn't have over NFS:
>licensed vehicles
>blurry edgy chromatic aberration graphical fidelity
>rubberbanding AI racers
>>
Pretty much what I thought about when I saw the first trailer and demo for the new NFS. Like, what's even the fucking point of that game anymore?
>>
>catch-up
>ridiculously OP drafting

This single-handedly ruins the races because every shitter has these turned on
>>
>>318759413
Yes, they're fucking shit, i agree. But it still beats NFS.

Also try to race with non shitters.
>>
>>318759280
not even memeing, GTA Online's races is the most fun I've had with any racing game since MotorStorm: Apocalypse

sure they are broken as fuck with the drafting and the way GTAO handles lobbies suck ass but once you get a 16 player race going you're in for a lot of fun
>>
Damn i remember when nfs was good

>no nfs will ever be better than porsche unleashed
>>
>>318759542
I wonder what game it was i played years and years and years ago on PC. It was a racing game, you could go first person and i remember it as somewhat comfy. Perhaps it was some nfs game?
>>
>>318759540
I feel the same, anon. I have almost two thousand races under my belt right now, and still can get joy out of it in the right lobbies.
With catchup and slipstream off, hands down the best arcade racing game there is.
>>
File: 1446736598407.png (427 KB, 514x662) Image search: [Google]
1446736598407.png
427 KB, 514x662
>>318759280
>all muscle cars are under powered ice skating machines
>>
>better than the current NFS games
That's not high praise, NFS has been garbage for a while now.

>MW2012 was a travesty
>Rivals was better but not by a large margin
>NFS2015 has already been on sale for half off within the same month it released
>>
>>318759702
it does have it's own class.

in NFS nobody even attempts to use that one camaro, because it has to compete with hypercars in the same lobby.
>>
File: 1438912140952.jpg (167 KB, 510x408) Image search: [Google]
1438912140952.jpg
167 KB, 510x408
>>318759702
Except for the Ford "My daddy bought me this car" Mustang
>>
>>318759280
I love GTAO, but you forgot to mention the negatives of racing:
>curb boosting
>catchup/slipstream ON by default
>bullshit tire mechanics
>bullshit car balance within certain classes
>>
File: 1431697606069.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431697606069.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>GTAO racing
>good

Ah ha ha oh wow are you fucking serious?

How to win every races in GTAO:
1. Hang in the back at the start of the race
2. Wait for everyone to crash at the first turn
3. EASY WIN!!!

Everyone is fucking awful in GTAO but racing really attracts the worst degenerates.

Also catchup
>>
>any racing game is better than current NFS games

fix'd. Except maybe for Driveclub tho
>>
>>318760000
>he only raced 10 times

yeah will if you wouln't have been such an ADD murican and stuck around you might have got good racing, and wouldn't have missed out on racing crews.

uncheck'd for being a nigger
>>
>>318760265
oh now we're getting real edgy around here.

go ahead, mention PROJECT CARS
>>
>>318760298
Racing online is always a terrible experience. In every game.
Fuck you and your shitty game.
>>
Ive been playing both gtao and the latest nfs side by side since the beginning of november and the nfs game is much much better as an arcade racer
You have absolutely no idea what youre talking about
>>
>>318759280
I bet Mario kart 8 is funner.
>>
>>318760412
Yeah i agree with you anon.

You've made the most valid points in this thread yet.
In regards of online racing, i have a useful tool that might work: git gud fgt! but don't tell anyone.
>>
>>318760265
>tfw the fucking Crew is better than current NFS games
>>
>>318760426
that is some indisputable proof right there, OP.
>>
>>318760363

I bet you play PCars on PS4 kek
>>
>Implying the driving mechanics ain't utter shit
Oh I sure love having no control over my car.
>>
>>318760691
>he wants 90 degree handbrake turns
haha. nice one
>>
>>318760875
Or maybe I just want to be able to speed up after I've slowed down using the handbrake. But nope, have to hold completely still first.
>>
>>318761527
You actually used the handbrake in races? Not the guy you were arguing with, but no wonder you're so terrible.
>>
>>318761883
I'm not even talking about races you autist.
>>
Since when GTA is about buying and workingfor cars. I thought the T was for theft? What did I miss?
>>
>>318761965
This whole thread has been pretty focused on racing, so not sure how I'm the autist.
>>
>>318759280
Yeah but the driving is garbage.
>>
>>318759280
Rockstar shill kid detected. Physics in this boring game is as terrible as it was in IV, but maybe the worst thing is that stupid speed limiter. I'm glad I didn't bought this piece of crap.
>>
>>318762096
>Driving mechanics
>Not related to racing
You're autistic, get it checked.
>>
File: GameClip-Original.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GameClip-Original.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>318760654
>Tons of vehicle classes
people want to race fast cars
tuner, exotic and muscle are the only classes you need. if you want to race trucks then sure, gta is great
>An actually diverse open world to race in
gta has city, desert and towns. nfs has city, suburbs and toge runs
>User created races
you can challenge anyone anywhere at any race at any time in nfs, as well as doing large preset ones
>Actually memorable vehicles
you can name a fair few real world vehicles right?
>Focused on taking race lines around corners instead of fucking drifting
if thats your thing then sure, however you can tune from drift to grip in nfs so you can race either way
>Non-retarded camera angles
you mean lack of cockpit view? yes thats something gta has up on nfs
>Different race setups for different tastes
nfs has multiple sprint types, drift types and 1 on 1 types. thats a pretty reasonable amount
>Playlists where you select the next race within your lobby
fair point
>Vehicle destruction
whatever floats your boat really, i prefer little/no car damage because im doing the cars up to look nice
>Day/night cycle
another thing gta has done right, nfs is dark in the city and it gets brighter as you go out towards the toge areas

What gta doesnt have that nfs does is a sense of speed, which is probably one of the more important things in a racer, plus its got nice reflections
>>
>>318760000
>that webm
Also check'd
>>
I have a few issues with GTA Online racing, mostly on how light your vehicle feels
I'm always afraid to try anything a little over the edge because it's very likely that my car will end up either facing backwards or upside-down
not to mention that merely touching another racer will make both you and the opponent spin and lose all speed

besides, racing online means that, if you don't have the T20, you're not gonna win
>>
File: sr2.jpg (142 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
sr2.jpg
142 KB, 1280x800
>>318759702
that's the problem with muscle cars in vidya, isn't it - they're always outclassed by modern sports cars

driver san francisco has the same problem - great selection of muscle cars that you never use for anything other than cruising because why the fuck would you when you also have mclarens and lambos at your disposal

what we need is more racing games set in the middle/late 60s
>>
>play GTA online
>can't actually steal cars
>good

Wow. I don't know about the current gen of gamers.
>>
>>318764698
That's the saddest part. People accept that.
>>
As someone who hated GTA IVs boat car handling, I kind of miss it for the racing aspect of the game and wish they brought it back to GTA V because players were actually forced to use their brakes and reduce speed on corners and elevation changes. Cars in GTA V grip too much at high speed, its like they all pack race car aero kits. Closest thing to a challenge is the muscle car class with stock suspension but even they aren't perfect.
>>
>tfw having a 2:1 win ratio despite catchup

too bad PKeks are all hackers and shit
>>
File: 1433926479772.png (186 KB, 316x303) Image search: [Google]
1433926479772.png
186 KB, 316x303
>>318764359
Oh jesus christ that image, you just brought back memorys of me sneaking onto the computer at night to play that game, then waking up the whole house as the computer belted out the loud ass unmutable sounds and music
>>
>>318764698
Press triangle/Y/F
>>
>>318759540
>maymaying
kill yourself, nigger
>>
>>318764997
Yes but they're not bouncing like crazy frogs.
>>
>>318765280
And? I can't keep it, repair it, or mod it.
>>
>>318765385
yes you can
>>
fuck gta 5s driving, even 4 is better but MC3 Dub will always be the best
>>
>>318765407
No you really fucking can't you idiot.
>>
I hate racing games and the racing parts of GTA games

What's wrong with me?
>>
>>318765510
except you can
>>
Dude, physics lmao
>>
File: 20 years.jpg (57 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
20 years.jpg
57 KB, 620x670
>>318760000
Imagine the conditions that needed to be met and the fact that you were simply watching the whole time it happened.
Never the less it's fucking hilarious and I love it, saved.
>>
>>318765561
Tell me how I can steal the super cars without farming the bullshit grind of missions to buy one.
>>
>>318765528
I'm the opposite of you. There is nothing wrong. You don't like racing. Don't worry.
>>
File: 1412201508152.jpg (121 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1412201508152.jpg
121 KB, 500x669
>>318765812
ok man
>>
>>318765748
using glitches and hacks like the ADD riddled baby you are.
>>
>>318765906
Thanks kiddo.
>>
File: 55556666.png (40 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
55556666.png
40 KB, 500x461
>>318765859
>>
>>318765385
Do you know how stupid it'd be if you could steal a player vehicle and keep it forever, forcing players to abstain from modifications or forever stay in passive mode?

No game does that - that's how stupid it is.
>>
>>318767451
GTA is about stealing shit.

You lose the cars in the single player too.

Guess dumb kids want GTA to be a hugbox too.
>>
>>318767841

>My opinion is the only one that matters!
Literally a manchild.
>>
>>318768327
>muh hugbox

Pretty pathetic this is the state that gaming is in these days. Well thanks cancer.
>>
>>318759280
Agreed on all points, except that

>lobbies are shit
>world's worst matchmaking system ever
>inviting people is nearly impossible
>SLIPSTREAM ON CATCHUP ON SUPER CLASS ONLY
>people who vote for that once Bolingbrooke race 5 times in a row
>people who leave on GTA race in a plane race with homing rockets

Fuck you people, you're cancer.
>>
>>318768423
Chill, your ADD is showing.
>>
>>318768571
Why do you even post on /v/? Just curious.
>>
>>318768703
Because I like videogames and sometimes get to shitpost and meet autists like you.
>>
>>318768856
You're actually not trolling huh?
>>
>>318767841
The difference between single-player and multi-player is that you have a ton of ways to get the same car back.

The car you got in single-player isn't a car you had to purchase on a website just to keep; it was probably just on the street and you stole it.

If you lose a car in single-player, it's more than likely your fault. In multi-player, there might be crews solely dedicated to stealing your shit; if you're not a part of one, then you most likely have a very bad time.

If you think your idea is so great, go pitch it somewhere. Otherwise, there's always MTA for that shit.
>>
>>318769131
It's not my idea you cancerous fucking casuals.

THAT IS GTA. Stealing shit.
2015 and you actually have to explain to the hugbox generation GTA is about stealing shit. Not a fucking collector car sim.
>>
>>318769131
>>318769406
He does have a point, in that imagine a GTA game where it's impossible to have a personal vehicle that isn't stolen constantly and can't be gotten back unless you kill the guy who stole it, break into his apartment, torch his garage, and take your car back.

People would stop investing millions of dollars into supercars and just steal civilian cars all the time, because having a personal vehicle as a "prized possession" doesn't really work anymore unless you rig it to explode when someone enters it and pay insurance every time.
>>
>>318769406
Did you go to anyone else about this idea? It really sounds as though you haven't.

In a game where literally any other car on the street can be stolen, blown up, or disappear, this is what you want.

Would you seriously enjoy losing your car every other day - having to try and get around it because you're spending money faster than you can earn it?

Title has nothing to do with this; I have not heard of a single GTA clone that promotes this.

Are you planning to get rid of insurance, too?
>>
>>318770000
tl;dr it'd be like driver san francisco in a kind of way because you have to constantly switch cars every few minutes
>>
File: nspd.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nspd.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
The new Need for Speed is a great game that suffers from a shit community and a severe lack of incentivizing multiplayer play. It's a cruising lifestyle game that's taken influence from several games that were developed in direct response to how big modding japanese shitboxes were in the late 90s and early 00s.

If you haven't played Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, Initial D Arcade Stage, and the Tokyo Extreme Racer Series along with the early Need for Speeds built around modding/driving shitboxes you probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Actually finding someone willing to just drive or run races with is the hard part but it's a great time If you have people to play with.
>>
>>318769406
ironically, taking away the protection would make the game even more of a car collector sim

you want to own a car? you can either scrounge around for dumbasses hoping they won't try to get their car back, or purchase one on a website and keep it in your garage forever

you want to modify a car? you go to an invite-only session and drive to the nearest mod shop
>>
>>318770000
>>318770141
>>318770152
>>318770000
You kids would cry if you played a game like diablo today.

Anyway you fucks have fun being cancer and enjoy your hugboxes,
>>
File: 1414898554315.jpg (19 KB, 362x362) Image search: [Google]
1414898554315.jpg
19 KB, 362x362
>>318770478
sorry mang, different strokes
the vast majority of people don't go your way
either brave or stupid, etc.
>>
>>318770478
>agree with you
>ENJOY YOUR CANCER HUGBOXXXXXXX

are you autistic I'm literally agreeing with you but I no longer want to be on the same side as someone this dumb
>>
Since this is the racing game thread, is Split/Second fun?

Currently is at 5 bucks at the PSN, gameplay seems okay, but it has a shit variety of cars and tracks.
>>
>>318771559
>locked to 30fps

Music is decent but a little repetitive.

Game was fun back when I played it but gets slightly repetitive.

Difficulty curve was decent. Sense of speed and the feeling that you're dodging death are excellent, like Burnout with more explosions.

I reformatted my computer before I got past season 6 or so and didn't bother to reinstall it.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.