[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we live to see it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11
File: varkraft_4_960.jpg (162 KB, 960x300) Image search: [Google]
varkraft_4_960.jpg
162 KB, 960x300
Will we live to see it?
>>
File: SC2LOTV.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
SC2LOTV.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
If we're lucky no.
>>
hopefully not
modern blizzard is shit and full of money-grabbing kikes
>>
I just wonder how they'll salvage the lore.

Everything became such a clusterfuck after WOTLK

Somehow I thing they only planned for WoW to live untile WOTLK cause everything after just seems improvised bullshit.
>>
>>318743225

Do you think modern Blizzard could pull it off? Look at the story and gameplay in diablo 3 and wow. Do you want that in warcraft 4?
>>
>>318743225

Hopefully no
>>
>loved wc3 single player
>never payed attention to the lore, just wanted to build shit and fight
>never touched WoW in my life
>just want a wc4 with new graphics and features for comfy building and fighting
if valve somehow made it so dota 2 mods could be standalone and tweaked for performance so I don't drop from 120fps to 20fps when there's 100+ units spawned, then maybe the community could cook up something awesome
>>
File: wake me up.jpg (214 KB, 1888x796) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.jpg
214 KB, 1888x796
>>318743286

>imagining this kind of writing for Warcraft 4

the evil that men do.
>>
>>318743628
Warcraft 3's writing wasn't exactly Heinlein either.
>>
>>318743286
Admittedly, SC2 has really good mission design. LotV gets a bit samey after a while but WoL and HotS are just really fun to play through because of it.
>>
>>318743379
>Look at the story and gameplay in diablo 3
d3 is good though, all nostalgia faggotry aside
>>
File: Q.jpg (81 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
Q.jpg
81 KB, 692x530
>>318743628
Maybe the upside will be that John De Lancie can save the day once again. Even Q's powers aren't that great though.
>>
File: can't wake up.jpg (199 KB, 1870x787) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
199 KB, 1870x787
>>318744006

Not even Q can save it.
>>
File: 1435699304488.jpg (70 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
1435699304488.jpg
70 KB, 1024x819
>>318743959
The mission design was ok, I think one of the biggest problems with it for me at least was that so many of the missions felt like mod games rather than a real campaign set piece. Also the lack of one of the greatest things they should of took from Warcraft 3, the importance of hero units. Yeah the game had named units and shit bnut they weren't anywhere as important as arthas was in WC3 or even they way illidan felt in ONE fucking mission of one campaign. There is so much more obvious shit i felt this game lacked in comparison to their own RTS's and other peoples but the biggest most important drawback story wise for me, was the replacement of the inbetween level conversations among key characters with the ship UI bullshit. The ship thing would have been fine on it's own but as a replacement of the most memorable sequences/instances in the previous installment it was a fucking insult. Bring back those briefing conversations, they were so damn good C&C tried to rip them off.
>>
>>318744638
Well to be fair, do you really want long conversations with SC2 writing?

The only decent characters in SC2 are Raynor 80% of the time and Artanis. Maybe Zeratul but we all know how that ended. Plus Nova is at least funny.
>>
well maybe after they milked sc2 to death
>>
>>318744804
>Well to be fair, do you really want long conversations with SC2 writing?

Maybe not, but it might of forced them to write a better story. Blizzard always finds a way to cheap out now though so who knows.
>>
>>318743225
Not until WoW is dead.
>>
>>318743225
No Warcraft4 till WoW shuts down.
>>
>>318743628
Warcraft 3 all again?

In terms of writing, Warcraft 3 was to Warcraft 2 what SC2 was to SC.
>>
>>318743368

The whole introduction of pandera was stupid as shit

>there just happened to be this enormous continent with a powerful civilization over some water
>the burning legion and everyone else just decided to leave it alone because of fog or something
>>
>>318745298
>Implying W2 wasn't just noble humans vs savage orcs.

The only thing they did is expand their universe from W1 and add some generic fantasy races
>>
>>318743225
I think a better question, is do you want to?
>>
>>318743286
SCII is a solid game and come on Starcraft isn't very well written either.
>>
>>318744638
AWAKEN MY CHILD
>>
>>318745420
Introduction to Pandaria was fine.
Go watch Burdens of Shao Hao.
>because of fog
Not any fog, but god-tier magic fog.
>>
>>318745298
>In terms of writing, Warcraft 3 was to Warcraft 2 what SC2 was to SC.

Yeah, no. There is a moment in each one of the games four campaigns that could be considered the greatest in gaming history. WC2 was good and beyond the dark portal is great, but WC3 is the better game in terms of story. Most of warcraft before it was constant battling with the only character development being questions of honor/savagery shit. I like that kind of story. but there is no question in my mind that 3 elevated the universe above that kind of shit.

Starcraft 2 was just a convoluted mess that took the plot to a place no one expected or wanted it to go.
>>
>>318743286

>Implying LotV is bad.

Bronze leaguer detected.
>>
>>318745654
kill yourself, just kill yourself
>>
>>318745732
name them, all i can think of is arthass ordering uther to purge the city
>>
>>318745472
>Starcraft isn't very well written either.

It was a simplistic story that worked well with the game mechanics, simple stories aren't always bad. The characters are cliche, but they were cliches and turns of story I liked. SC2 was just bland nonsense.
>>
>>318745753
Why you mad though?
>>
File: legion.png (2 MB, 2000x1250) Image search: [Google]
legion.png
2 MB, 2000x1250
>>318745420
>Titans make island
>Titans hide island
>Titans leave island
>Old god finds island
>Old god makes life shitty for stupid pandas
>Old god underestimates the power of stupid creatures in large numbers.
>Massive war to kill old god
>Titan shit gets damaged.
>Fog fucks off years later.
Basically we showed up when all the interesting shit had already been done.
>>
it would be shit anyway
>>
File: Guldanmetzen.jpg (37 KB, 383x486) Image search: [Google]
Guldanmetzen.jpg
37 KB, 383x486
>>318745732

All the cinematic Moments, Arthas first getting the sword, pissing on his fathers ashes/killing Uther, the world tree mission, Kaelthas and Gilithos, the reveal of the destruction of draenor, Grom drinking the blood and revealing to thrall he helped damn their race to slavery, Illidan raising Suramar, etc.

Even if you don't think they are as great as I think they;re they're certainly more memorable than the dwarfs closing ironforge or trolls attacking elves in hillsbrad foothills. The most memorable thing about the first two games is hero characters we hardly ever get to see like Guldan and Cho'gall. Who i like a lot but don't think had moments like those in WC3.
>>
>>318746563
Meant this for:

>>318745838
>>
As much as I fucking loved Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft (for a few years), I don't know if I want a Warcraft 4. I can't imagine it can live up to my memories/nostalgia of the franchise.
>>
>>318743225
>WoW is on its last legs
>The movie is coming out soon
I'd say yes. Blizzard knows that Warcraft is their biggest franchise, they'll keep it alive for as long as they can.
>>
>>318743628
>imagining this kind of writing for Warcraft 4

It's kinda obvious where it's going, just take a look at WoW. Green jesus gonna save the day.
>>
Will we live to see the remake currently in the works?
>>
>>318745954
No there should be no reason for pandas at all. They were only ever an easter egg and the calling card of the character designer in 3. Its all an elaborate ruse...
>>
File: JimRaynor_SC1_HeadAnim1.gif (78 KB, 60x56) Image search: [Google]
JimRaynor_SC1_HeadAnim1.gif
78 KB, 60x56
>>318747114
>They make a warcraft 4
>its about a disilusioned and disgruntled thrall who has to rejoin the fight, but needs help from his new young orc recruit.
>keeps getting depressed because draka, cairne and presumed death of vol'jin.
>has to save corrupted banshee queen sylvanas
>>
>>318747694
they need to move on with those characters, thrall need to die
>>
File: 4790178262_88775ef6fc_z.jpg (127 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
4790178262_88775ef6fc_z.jpg
127 KB, 640x427
>>318743225
So many things to corrupt...
>>
>>318743225
>people want blizz to make games
You realize they fuck it up, right?
>>
>>318743225
No. I will not. If they ever make a WC4, I will completely ignore it and look back fondly on the fun the first three games (okay, mostly 2 and 3) have brought me.
>>
>>318743590
>if valve somehow made it so dota 2 mods could be standalone and tweaked for performance so I don't drop from 120fps to 20fps when there's 100+ units spawned, then maybe the community could cook up something awesome
Wow. That woulc be full circle.
>>
>>318743959
> SC2 has really good mission design
A solid half of them is simply timer based rushing.
That is extremely lazy design.
>>
>>318743590
>tweaked for performance so I don't drop from 120fps to 20fps when there's 100+ units spawned, then maybe the community could cook up something awesome

So the SC2 editor?
>>
>>318745438
Simple stories can be fun. Clusterfucks usually aren't. The arcraft games had just that: Simple stories. Orcs invade realm. Death cult undermines kingdom. It's not complex or intellectually challenging, but it works.
>>
>>318743225
Hopefully not.

WC2 was the only good one. WC3 was shit and WC1 wasn't even worth mentioning.
>>
>>318748381
AMON WAS GOOD ALL ALONG!trying to protect us from antivoid antilife corruptionlegionswarms, which in term are led by the anti titancorruptionevils, which in turn are fighting the superbad-bad nasties.
>>
>>318745954
>image
What? I can't even.
>>
lets hope no
>>
>>318750686
The go this route...
>kerrigan is actually still evil she was re-double bi-corrupted by the xel-naga impostor.
>Amon was trying to prep us for their invasion. Worm gods with tentacles, these totally aren't reapers.
>>
>>318750686
Blizzard writing everytime.

I was just pretending to be evil to! Something worse is introduced.
>>
>LotV
>T-the m-missions were fine!
No, they really weren't. The Spear of Adun gimmick was overused and broke the game, since you have at least 2 skills on low cooldown that can literally wipe of entire armies.

The missions also work by spawning in units, ridiculous amounts of them, and destroying structures or capturing strategic points is entirely irrelevant, just build a death-ball and a-move objectives and even brutal is retardedly easy (b-but they attack your base! Except a single solar lance kills every attack wave they will ever send at you) and every single mission has the same retarded structure.

There's like 2-3 missions where the objective is to actually go and kill the fucking enemy instead of fagging around with overly simplistic objectives, every time you roll up to a base one of those faggots starts
>That's the enemy base, you should avoid it
What the fuck man? This is an RTS, destroying enemy bases is the fucking point! This entirely invalidates everything that isn't your strongest death-ball unit as attacking infrastructure or capturing areas is a waste of time. Rushing area's early used to be a viable strategy as it would reduce the number of units that could come at you and you secure a strategic location.

Now though? Rush early and you just get overwhelmed, because you might destroy all the buildings but that changes absolutely nothing and only costs units.

Fuck the mission design in LotV was atrocious, I played through WoL all the way on brutal well over 6 times and it was good, this shit I barely slogged through it the first time.
>>
File: Warcraft 4 Alert 2.png (58 KB, 584x514) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft 4 Alert 2.png
58 KB, 584x514
>>
>>318750935
You call it blizzard writing, I call it DBZ bullshit.
DBZ is better though, not everthing turns "noble and misunderstood" when the inevitable one-upper arrives.
>>
>>318743225
Warcraft IV:
>Dota clone
>F2P with microtransactions
>Story is based off of modern WoW's plot
>Game engine runs worse than Heroes of the Storm
>Custom games ripped off straight from Valve's community workshop
>>
>>318745420
Legion left it alone because as soon as they found out where they night elves and the world tree was the bee lined straight for it. As far as Archimonde was concerned, there was nothing more important than wrecking the nelves and getting his hands on the well of eternity 2.0
>>
Warcraft IV, 10 years after the events of Legion
>The Alliance and Horde defeat the Legion and forge a peaceful pact that has lasted for a decade
>we follow Arthas' bastard son, a disillusioned but promising paladin who remembers the days of old Lordaeron
>He bands together with Uther's nephew, Garithos' daughter, and Antonidas' grandson to retake Lordaeron
>>
>>318750650

>WC1 wasn't even worth mentioning

fuck

you
>>
>>318752458
>we plant plants daily to play mini-facebook games!
>enjoy warcraft 4!
>>
>>318752502
Well 2 improved upon it in every aspect, especially the controls. It had quite a nice atmosphere though.

Not that guy btw.
>>
>>318752502
I think other than the horde winning/king llane dying and what happens to Medihv virtually all of it has been retconned out of existence.
>>
Only way they could pull it off is if they have the game take place hundreds of years in the future after some big war and the storyline is some kind of alternative universe because that way they dont have to have wow expansions follow the game. Introduce 5 playable races very heavy focus on heros,etc
>>
>>318745954
AHCKTUALLY,
>titans make island
>old god gets killed by titans
>lol not really its heart is sealed beneath pandaria because it turns emotions into physical boogeymen
>Mogu (titan constructs affected by the curse of flesh) become super niggers and enslave the pandas
>force them to build a wall to block of the other fags, the klaxxi (bug people #3 who worship an old god
>mogu king literally dies of old age
>pandas keks stop being keks, become monks and fuck their shit up
>a panda is now an emperor
>he sees some vision with the legion fucking up the world
>he seals off the land with some bullshit cloaking it in mists
>Sundering happens
>Pandaland shifts south
>pandaland is now but a myth
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.