[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s opinion on vanilla private servers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 15
File: logo.png (32 KB, 345x83) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
32 KB, 345x83
What is /v/'s opinion on vanilla private servers
>>
Nostalrius is pretty good desu
>>
Nostalrius and some others are great, but none have the same feeling of old WoW. It's just something missing, maybe the community or the fact that it's free
>>
nostalrius is the best one
ive tried a good amount of them

inb4 shitposting starts
>>
I keep dying to mobs that are 1 level higher then me
It's a piece of fun_
>>
>>318742451
its okay
good to replay and experience old content youve missed

i only started playing wow during wrath because i was playing another mmo back then
>>
>tfw you are wasting your life on nostalrius
>clear bwl/mc once a week and zg/ony multiple times
but I'm a well respected member of my guild so I have that going for me
>>
>>318742634
Nostalrius is good because it actually has people playing and Corecraft is a fucking pipe dream at this point. You can overlook a lot of problems when there's actually people around to interact with and not ~500 tops and they're all at max level.
>>
>>318742451
Boring waste of time. Half the fun of old wow for me was imaging where the game would go from "here" Virtually zero of it was the community who were mostly teens who all thought they singularly were the greatest player to walk Azeroth. Just like in real life people are mostly a hindrance/stumbling block in wow rather than something that makes it more fun. Secondly, vanilla or whatever expansion was your favorite before the current shit'uation had it's fair share of problems and bullshit, fixing any of it though would ruin the "magic" of those old experiences so you're essentially stuck with a broken game forever that you just have to deal with.

I get why some people look back and want this, but I really think legacy servers/private are a bad idea and blizzard was right to avoid this player demand for once.
>>
>>318742451

if your not from EU, garbage
>>
>>318742451
It turns out that leveling in vanilla WoW is the most boring thing humanity has managed to create thus far
>>
>>318742981
which is a good thing because there are so painfully few private servers situated in europe
>>
>>318742451

Short version? Vanilla wasn't that good and has aged very poorly.

Current-WoW is somehow worse, but that doesn't make vanilla good by comparison. Just... tolerable.
>>
I started playing on the PvE server and desu it's the most fun I've had with games in years.

Vanilla was just magical.

Nos is a progression server and PvE server just released 1 month ago. So if you want to get in now it's a good time cause you can experience the entire vanilla progresion.
>>
>>318743192

yeah I get 300-400 ping so it bad man

if it was a US server id at least have 200 ping

FUCK AUS
>>
>>318743272
Wait, they have a PvE server now? How's the population compared to original one?
>>
Vanilla WoW fucking sucked
>>
>>318743351
It's 800-900 and minimum and 2.5k at peak

It's just like an original vanilla server. Just enough pop so you can always group up but not so much that it's overcrowded.
>>
>>318743351
Lower than PvP, but PvP realm is overcrowded as fuck. Retail servers were never meant to support such populations.
>>
>>318743196
gameplay wise new wow is miles ahead. Content wise it's garbage. It's literally instance for a week with people you will never talk to again and then on to raid. Then you're stuck raiding that shit for 6 months because ooops blizzard can't create content for shit and it's the only raid.
>>
Dogshit. And I'll tell you why.

They attract three kinds of people who come in slightly different variations.
The nostalgiafag who erroneously believes everything was better in the old day, yet also complained every waking second during vanilla. He will never be happy and you'll be listening to that shit non-stop.
The freeloader who's either too poor or too stingy to pay for the real deal. Typically a complete cunt who will complain that it's got none of the modern conveniences that the real game has now.
And the most insidious of all, the underage and the asshole. The people who have been banned or otherwise excluded from the real servers, they make their home on private servers and treat everyone like garbage, revelling in the fact that it's almost impossible to be banned for bad behavior as long as they don't hack or cheat. And they make up a substantial part of any private server.

It's like everything bad about live magnified by a hundred. Plus, vanilla really was shit in many, many ways which people conveniently fail to remember. All in all, a total pile of piss. Play the real thing or not at all, going back in time in an attempt to relive your misspent youth as a raider or world-pvp'er is just sad.
>>
>already got a shaman to 60 on nostalrius but got bored
>want to make a alliance rogue
>the 1x grind is too tedious to do again and none of my IRL friends wants to play

Better to just live off the memories.
>>
>>318743625
This, i played it religiously to 55 then stopped playing cos it was impossible to quest and had to resort to grinding
>>
Grow up 07' kid, vanilla wow is long gone. Don't be that guy desperately trying to relive his youth in a video game.
>>
>>318742616
Its filled with faggots who still think that ilvl still decides how good you are. I was never asked about my gear in the past but on these servers if you wanna raid gotta be decked out.
>>
>>318743804
I'm actually surprised roleplayers aren't all over private servers, honestly.
>>
anyone tried Warmane? is it ok?
>>
>>318743804
>the assholes
oh god the gear greed is disgusting on this server it officially starts at RFK but literally every run from there on out has fags gear reserving and demanding people not to roll on anything they want. Shamans are literally the worst people on the server.
>>
>>318742451
Shit but I always thought that WoW was shit.
>>
>>318744183
has one server that's decent population i think by wrath standards it was like 2500 on each side if i recall so it doesn't quite reach those numbers.
>>
>>318743712
They've only expedited shit that was NOT FUN in vanilla.
Decide you want a dungeon run. Spend an hour, maybe (much) more getting a healer/tank or both if you were DPS. Actually having to wait for people to arrive because the tank doesn't have any flight paths on Kalimdor.
Going inside the dungeon and one of the DPS has to go because his parents are calling him for dinner.

Either have to go back to the capital to look for a new person or hope to god a friend of someone, ANYONE is online and that they want to spend 25 minutes getting to a dungeon that will take an hour to do.
And then you aren't guaranteed loot either even if you sink your valuable time into the whole shitshow, oh no. You might have wanted that nice ring, but the hunter also needs it. Well, he doesn't -need- it, but he still needs on it, for offspec. And he takes the spear as well, of course. So what do you have to show for it at the end, no items, a smidgen closer to level 46 and nothing else.

"But I made friends!", did you? Did you really? Or did you make acquaintances united in the common level and item slog towards 60 that no-one enjoyed, and whom you only talked to when you needed them for another run? You don't talk to any of them any more, and if you do then fucks sake get on with your life.
>>
>>318744370
>Decide you want a dungeon run. Spend an hour, maybe (much) more getting a healer/tank or both if you were DPS
There was NOTHING wrong with LFD the only problem it has is that blizzard made it cross server which kills the community. LFR however should have never been made since raiding was a major interaction point for a server.
>>
>>318742451
vanilla is no where as good as people remeber
>>
>>318744539

To be fair you still need to manually make a Raid for it to be a 'proper' raid.
The LFR raid has watered down mechanics and drops worse loot.
>>
>>318744114
There are two I know of but they actually enforce roleplaying and ban people for fucking around and going OOC in popular areas.

And most roleplayers are way too self-concious to be in-character constantly. You'll see them "derping around" or whatever stupid shit they refer to it as to give the illusion that they're wacky and not taking it too seriously. Wouldn't want the other roleplayers doing the same thinking you're some kind of NERD, after all.

But another major problem is that their populations rarely reach over a hundred even on their best day. So you have entire continents completely empty save for the two troll druids who has been in the barrens all day long "rp'ing" and the majority of the server sitting in the designated RP spot the server mods have made. I'm not even kidding, since they can pretty much make what they want in the game they usually tend to come up with some obscure reason for the horde and alliance to hang out together. Even more bizarrely, they make designated OOC zones where people will sit all day long complaining there's no RP happening.
>>
>>318742451
The grind was so much worse than what I remembered.
>>
>>318744539
>since raiding was a major interaction point for a server.
>major
It meant that raiding was something less than 20% of any PvE server's population actually managed to get into.
That's a pointless amount of work when most will never experience it.
>>
>Not hosting your own WoW private server and raking in thousands of dollars of "donations"

Remember Naxp and WoWscape? The admin staff were taking in thousands of dollars of donation money for self gain before the servers shut down because of money drama and Blizzard's lawyers.
>>
>>318744971
There are people who actually keep demanding that Blizzard make "legacy servers" that run vanilla so they can play their $15 to sit in their own shit forever.
No updates.
No patches.
No expansions.
Because all of that would ruin the pure experience.

And they legitimately cannot understand why Blizzard doesn't think this is a good investment.
>>
>>318744778
You talking about Nostalrius specifically?
>>
>>318744778
WoW mechanics don't allow for interesting RP worthy encounters so all the "RP" that ever happened was really fucking stupid from a PnP roleplayer's perspective.
>>
>>318744971
this

all major private servers are in it for the "donation" money.
>>
that they need to stop being posted here because theyre ALWAYS buggy shit fests.

And Vanilla was weak, BC did WoW better.
>>
>>318744893
that 20% literally made the server community the rest were just on and off casuals who sat in ogrimmar all day at level cap
>>
>>318746516
Corecraft Status: FUCKING NEVER
i already got bored of vanilla again because a lot of the shit was tedious and not really enjoyable but nobody seems capable of releasing a TBC server
>>
File: 14xo5k1.jpg (383 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14xo5k1.jpg
383 KB, 1024x768
>>318742451
How the fuck did Nostalrius explode so much compared to other server? Especially considering it's a 1x server.

>10k players on a PvP server not long ago
>always around 9k during peak hours
>separate PvE server peaks at 2.5k players
>>
>>318742451
>Nostalrius is pretty good desu
buggy as shit
>>
>>318746615
Doing what nobody else did by giving it to streamers. They did all the marketing for them like that giant faggot sodapoppin and Lirik.
>>
>>318746516
>>318746659
ALL private servers are buggy shit, guys. People are playing on Nost because there's people on it.
>>
>>318744370
The buttmad is fierce in this one.
>Make friends online
>GOD WHY DO YOU STILL HAVE FRIENDS? FUCKING LOSER, SHIT GAME
Your logic is boundless.
>>
>>318746704
kronos has better scripting, nostalrius is retardedly buggy
>>
It's good, it's the best MMO genre can offer right now, but it's still not as good as Vanilla WoW. It won't be even if they manage to achieve 100% bug fix/scripting. It's not about the game, it's about the people. Community has changed too damn much. Most game mechanics are common knowledge to everyone. Game just doesnt have that exploration feeling to it. But well, it's still very enjoyable.
>>
>>318746704
>ALL private servers are buggy shit, guys
That's the problem. People don't matter if all the boss fights are just tank and spanks because theres no mechanics to them.
>>
I'm having lots of fun on Nostalrius
>Level as a prot warrior
>Get dungeon invites all the time while questing
>Fully decked out in blues and one epic

Feels good.
>>
File: hum.jpg (69 KB, 417x480) Image search: [Google]
hum.jpg
69 KB, 417x480
>>318746812
>mfw people raving about iLevels
>in vanilla WoW

Yeah, community has gone to shit in these last 10 years.
>>
File: are you a stocking.jpg (48 KB, 416x448) Image search: [Google]
are you a stocking.jpg
48 KB, 416x448
>mfw friends at uni keep talking to me about going back
It feels incredibly weird.
Are ret and MS at least still fun?
>>
>>318746895
Yeah it has "HURR YOU DONT HAVE 10 EPICS CANT TAKE YOU TO MC". Fucking faggots all of them I raided MC in fucking greens and BWL just as well back in the days just fine.
>>
>>318742451
Vanilla PVP is dogshit.

Rogues are OP because they can stunlock you for 40s and rape you throughout no matter what you are.
Hunters are OP because they can mana burn, slow and stun you from 40 yards away.
Warlocks are borderline OP because they have a completely uncounterable form of CC not to mention fear is AOE.
Warriors are OP because they can just apply Mortal Strike over and over again in a fight.
>>
>want to play Nostalrius with friend
>he starts before me, levels solo
>have to level solo, too
>it's an absolute slog
>quit 15 levels in
How could anyone stand this
>>
>>318746941

>ret

Enjoy never going to raids.
>>
>>318747091
H-how come?
>>
>>318747036
Because it wasn't just a rush to max level. Modern MMO mindset with vanilla WoW will just drive you insane.
>>
Anyone want to level together?
>>
>>318747108
cause you offer nothing to the raid but mediocre damage and eat up several debuff slots that are needed. Healadin or bust.
>>
>>318747160
What about enhancer?
>>
>>318746980

That literally never happens, though. All you need is some of your pre-raid BiS which is piss-easy to get and you can easily get a spot in a pug hosted by one of the major raiding guilds.
>>
File: 1449050626089.jpg (115 KB, 1024x1357) Image search: [Google]
1449050626089.jpg
115 KB, 1024x1357
FUCK OFF

WE'RE FULL
>>
>>318747202
haha no. those are so overpopulated its disgusting like half the population is enhance shamans cause they love that 10% to one shot someone with maelstrom.
>>
>>318747036
because it was about the journey, not about reaching level 60 as quickly as possible, Vanilla was very bad unless you were totally new to the game
>>
File: 420 all day erry day.jpg (121 KB, 1016x971) Image search: [Google]
420 all day erry day.jpg
121 KB, 1016x971
>>318747270
And MS or rogue?
Goddammit Blizzard, stop ruining all the classes I used to play.
>>
>>318742451
I've found nostalrius players (at least at low levels) are more pleasant to group with than players on blizz servers.

Also, Nost has a higher player density at low levels than most blizz servers.
>>
>>318747312
Raids dont use MS wars since they eat up a debuff slot so you can't use MS as an MS warrior and leveling at all as a warrior is a godawful trek. Rogue's are used well enough.
>>
Why would anyone willingly play Vanilla?

>Game balance obviously was broken in PvE and especially in PvP
>Leveling grind was designed to be long, tedious, and timegated on purpose to extend peoples paid subscriptions for long as they could
>Only things to do at level cap is poopsock the same raids/bgs with your clique static/guild or AFK in town

add in the fact that private servers are infested with bugs and the community is full of underaged sodapoppin twitch fans and people who are obviously wasting their adult life away on a stupid game, it's quite possibly one of the shittiest places grind other than on a korean MMO or something.
>>
File: cats.jpg (399 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
399 KB, 900x1200
>>318747461
>my main spec isn't used anymore
Feels horrible.
>>
Nost was pretty good, was there at launch but it just isn't the same as retail back in the day. They've managed to recapture the gameplay but not the old community.

The mods power trip (I wasn't banned, got to sixty and left after a while) and the community is a very mixed bag.
>>
>>318747414
>Also, Nost has a higher player density at low levels than most blizz servers.

Because 90% of retail servers are fucking ghost towns with all the players just AFK-ing while waiting for LFR to do its thing. Fact Blizzard refuses to merge servers and resorts to shared zones, virtual realms, etc just shows how afraid they are of bad PR. And some servers have been dead since TBC with 1000 players tops.
>>
>>318747532
I don't think MS wars were ever used in raiding? PVP can do what you want but that's where they went.
>>
>>318747312
You didn't play classic WoW, did you?
Hybrid class = healer
Warrior = Tank
Warlock = Stones
and so on.
Classic WoW was a fucking mess for those that never played it, although it was still enjoyable because we didn't know any better.
>>
>>318747761
>druids
>sit around afk till someone dies for brez
>>
>>318747761
>>318747759
I'm talking about WoD, not Nostalrius

Also I played hunter in vanilla
>>
>>318747521
Excellent timesink.

The community outside of Slavs, Chinks, 12-year old le chance morris peeeeeeew die pies, and Wrathbabies is great. (especially when you work together up to put down one of the proletariat listed above)

PvP may be unbalanced, but there really is nothing like it in any other video game. I personally feel as if there is more room for individual expression in combat unlike modern WoW where everyone has either Melee Kit or Ranged Kit.

>>318747761
Warriors are taken as DPS. Locks are one of the most consistent dps classes, not healthstone monkeys.
>>
>>318747827
Oh, well that's obviously different. Everyone else was talking about retro servers/classic WoW.
Haven't played WoW in something like 5 years so I can't help you there
>>
>>318747827
oh well anything is used in WOD but there's nothing to fucking do you do your LFR and pvp till cap then sit around bored waiting for garrison missions to finish while nobody in your guild talks anymore
>>
>>318747108

Completely useless and dps sucks.

Paladins are healers in Vanilla and most of the raid gear compliments this.
>>
File: carry on my wayward son.jpg (55 KB, 368x469) Image search: [Google]
carry on my wayward son.jpg
55 KB, 368x469
>tfw spirit on gear
>>
>>318747108
mana problems from what ive heard
>>
>>318743005
leveling in everquest*
>>
>>318748010
Is Nost fully authentic with strength and agility on cloth too?
>>
>>318747926
isn't that the same in vanilla WoW?

>raid and pvp tll your lockout or cap resets
>sit around AFK on your mount in org or stormwind
>nobody talks in guild chat unless it's about raiding or helping someone
>>
File: 1447785881620.jpg (49 KB, 283x323) Image search: [Google]
1447785881620.jpg
49 KB, 283x323
>>318747461

MS is low priority debuff and won't be applied most of the time you shit

every. fucking. spec. is able to raid, even in fucking vanilla (besides arcane mages and survival hunter)
>>
>>318748167
Maybe nowadays because community is corrupted beyond repair. I remember people talking in dungeon runs all the time and shit because they weren't just rushing somewhere all the time.
>>
>>318742451
nostalrius is pretty good desu

the population is a bit much, but I'll probably revisit it and get my priest from 55 to 60.
>>
>>318748167
you can farm reagents or something

beats waiting for your garrison to process your reagents
>>
>>318747890

Warlocks are the fucking best.

>healthstones your ass when you're in danger
>soulstones your healer's ass for when he's in danger
>summons your ass when you're late for the raid
>blood pacts your ass so that you won't get one-shotted by the boss
>CoE and CoS to help his fellow casters in the raid do decent damage
>banishes that big mean demon/elemental's ass

Reminder to ALWAYS thank your warlock.
>>
>>318748275
>solo priest leveling

nightmares about that shit still haunt me
>>
>>318748279
you can farm reagents in retail too, nodes still exist in the open world.
>>
>>318748202
unless they changed the coding it still ate up a slot more if you have deep wounds that was needed you double nigger bet you think a fury warrior is useful as well with anything less than naxx gear and dps paladins are useful without AQ40 gear
>>
>>318748367
you can but theres no incentive to pick up a gathering profession anymore because garrisons

at least theyre going to be back in legion
>>
File: 1448385437617.png (237 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1448385437617.png
237 KB, 800x600
>nostalrius
>>
>>318748452
I've been playing on Nostalrius and fury warriors have been on top of the dps meters since day one.
>>
>>318742451
Nostalrius is great as a server but WoW sucks as a game. I had some fun with getting to level 20+ but it's just too boring now. It was fun many years ago with friends but I can't think of a single fun thing about the game anymore.
>>
>>318748167
I remember this clearly from Vanilla and TBC.

>Be part of a hardcore raiding guild with a pvp static
>Run every relevant raid the day lockouts reset
>Do bgs or arena with static after raiding
>AFK in Stormwind until lockouts reset

rinse and repeat until I quit in Wrath.
>>
>>318748572
you're in some shit raids then how bout them dps druids? Yeah, no. Rogue trumps everything the only class that will surpass them is a fully naxx geared fury warrior and a lock. The rest are useless and only brought if you don't have the others.
>>
>>318748578
Ganking people is really the only fun during leveling phase
And some dungeons, I guess
>>
>>318748338
oh look I pulled more than 1 mob
>gy run
>>
>>318748452

it doesnt, period.

>hurr x is not useful with y gear
>hurr no raidslot for you because not fucking bis gear
>hurrr gotta somewhere? fuck you
>hurr fun not allowed

i played fucking RET in vanilla, had corrupted shitbringer, did 600 dps, is was enough to kill everything

you are probably one of those, fuck fun specs, play best dps spec so boss can die 15 seconds earlier.
>>
>>318748928
>fuck fun specs
There are more than one build per spec? For rets the only different build I can think of is reckoning which doesn't really work in raiding.
>>
>>318749019
none of them are good aside from healadin even really well geared a ret paladin is mediocre at best
>>
File: 1314488901604.png (8 KB, 493x401) Image search: [Google]
1314488901604.png
8 KB, 493x401
>>318748680

It's people like you who killed everything fun in MMOs. Why don't you build a raid with 30 rogues then?
>>
>>318742451
I prefer current servers.

I'm not a poorfag (ingame) so I can get gametime by spending in-game currency, so I basically play for free. Gold is easy to get, and pretty much worthless to me otherwise.

I now raid once a week, which is my guild's weekly Mythic Archimonde kill for the mount. Other than that I barely play anymore save for daily heroic and helping out friends with their raids, since I'm geared enough to carry anything on Heroic by myself if the group is small enough.
>>
>>318749095
>lol acting like the hardcore raiding guilds of old killed the old wow
this is how the high end guilds run if you don't like it who cares?
>>
>>318742451
Garbage just like Vanilla WoW was back on retail.

Have you niggers never seen World of Roguecraft? It was not only a funny video, but also gave some clear insight into how broken Vanilla was and why WoW should never be played in that state anymore.
>>
>>318748010
>level priest
>gather mad spirit on all my gear

shit is whack, i regen half my max health in a spirit tap

literally 0 downtime
>>
>>318749216
not relevant for nostalrius.

the build where world of roguecraft was possible is not the one being run by nostalrius or any other private server.
>>
>>318749156

>high end guilds

kek who cares about them. you can play how you want and still get a raidslot
>>
>>318749427
>kek who cares about them
people who clear content? I mean whatever go have fun struggling with MC/BWL the ones who set up with min maxing are the ones who cleared 40 naxx which I did do.
>>
>>318749364
Nostalrius is on 1.12, Roguecraft was shot on 1.11

Not much has changed at the games core between those patches
>>
>>318749519

we had rets, balance dru, ms in our naxx raid and still cleared it. so yeah there goes your argument.
>>
>>318749728
you're so full of shit haha maybe in wrath.
>>
Hybrid DPS posters are false flagging, ignore them.

>>318749216
Good thing all PvP consists 1v1 surprise attacks in questing areas, right?

Good thing Rogues and Warlocks are the only classes capable of doing anything, right?

Good thing even meme classes like Shaman/firemage/firelock don't have 3-minute meme specs that would instantly vaporize a rogue with gray daggers or a naked warlock, right?
>>
>>318749723
rogue damage mechanics were changed iirc.

their damage isn't consistent regardless of weapon now
>>
>>318750049
rock paper scissors nigga

scissors always beats paper and rock would beat scissors but rock can't find scissors.
>>
>>318750069
No, eviscerate still did static damage in 1.12
>>
>>318750069
>Eviscerate does STATIC DAMAGE, DUMBASS

who i quot?
>>
Embarassing.
It's one thing to still be playing WoW, but to play an objectively shittier version of WoW due to some misplaced sense of nostalgia? Jesus christ get help.

Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with being a massive faggot, but is there a single well-adjusted, contributing member of society on a vanilla WoW server?
>>
I forgot you shouldn't argue with only fury rogue lock allowed

>>318749216

>naked rogues killing grand marshal warrior with no effort whatsoever.
>good times
>>
>>318742451

miserably depressing, play with friends or don't bother
>>
>>318750548
>maydie gets caught without 5 healers
>naked rogue kills him even though he uses a free action pot
W E W
E
W
>>
Started playing on Nost's PvE server because I fucking hate how PvP servers are just one big circus of corpsecamping cunts. Never played on PvP in retail and I certainly don't like it now.

That said, the PvE server is glorious. Always something going on, haven't met a single cunt yet which is really saying something. There's a few memesters going around and some regulars on chat channels but they are honestly tame enough and I don't give a shit.

Sure, Vanilla is all about smashing your dick with a hammer but it's not actually that bad. You get to interact so much more with people than just signing up to groupfinders and idling in a capital.
>>
>>318742616
The community is different. now its all mlg wannabes who want to rush to 60 asap to get epics and make hardcore pvp videos.

back in vanilla it would take you 6 months to hit 60 and you didnt mind because you were having fun exploring and doing low level stuff. a lot of guilds would be made of people level 1-40 who would do world pvp events because the novelty of going to an enemy factions zone to stir stuff up had not been lost yet.

The community is still better than retail though.
>>
>>318742451

I got quite in to Feenix WoW when they replicated the 1.6 servers. The endgame was buggy as all hell though. They just weren't skilled enough to get it up to the point Blizzard did.
>>
>>318750940
>1.6 servers
What the fuck is that, some mid-patch between vanilla and TBC?
>>
>>318750940
>>318751017
nevermind I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>318749216
vanilla was way more balanced towards the end. the roguecraft videos were made in the early stages of vanilla wow. by a salty warlock. An undead warlock. warlocks were weaker at the start but were buffed up to be one of the strongest pvp classes eventually. not only that but the people being killed in the roguecraft videos were awful.
>>
File: azazel4.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
azazel4.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>that atmosphere
>that world before Blizzard fucked it up with Cata
>that sense of community
>that leveling that isn't a mindless, trivial slog
>that lack of flying mounts
>those class quests
>those dungeons that aren't just mindless run and gun AOEfests
Fuck, it's glorious. I could go on forever about how great it is. I can't even look at retail now without feeling nauseous.
>>
>>318750548

Maydie was a shitter without his healer and during roguecraft he had already sold his account. The information that it's another patch has been given but you refuse to see reason.

Like a virtual Muslim you are.
>>
>>318751290
Roguecraft was shot in Patch 1.11, Vanilla was coming to a close and TBC was already announced.
>>
MoP is my favorite expansion for the roleplay alone. Pandaland was fucking awesome to RP in. Drinking tea with one of the local women at Dawn's Blossom was comfy as hell.
>>
>>318751478
He was a warrior even the best player gets capped with that class. Most of the skill is just stance dancing.
>>
Nostralrius would be great if it had Alliance and Horde split between accounts.

Gets boring as fuck endgame due to how linear class roles get in pvp and endgame. Not to mention the way you obtain armor is too old school.
BC was perfect outside of some broken talents and abilities like mace rogue and frost mage. BC server when?
>>
>>318751882

i still have this little spark of hope that corecraft will come out fine scripted someday
>>
>>318751882
Corecraft Status: Dead in the Water
>>
File: 1385226825251.jpg (244 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1385226825251.jpg
244 KB, 960x1280
>>318751882
>corecraft
>hellground
Keep dreaming, kid.
>>
File: 1439185420875.gif (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1439185420875.gif
1 MB, 720x720
>>318751974
>>318751982
>>318751984
>>
As someone who has 10 ping to Nostalrius and is generally above average at any game, what's the best class for me?

P.S: No fucking pet classes, I hate them.
>>
>>318753798
Warrior if you intend to raid
Rogue or Mage if you intend to PVP
>>
>>318753881
Since the PvP server is overpopulated, I'll roll on the PvE server, so Warrior it is.

Thanks.
>>
>>318744034

Well it does matter faggot, as we have become better informed players so to have raid requirements increased. Vanilla would have had the same shit going on anyways, with people checking to make sure you have enough resistance on your gear.
>>
>>318753881
desu with you senpai, warriors are fucking useless until burning crusade
>>
>>318751882

Nost is going to transition to BC.
>>
>>318751882
>Nostralrius would be great if it had Alliance and Horde split between accounts.

They did that at first then realized it was a hassle for people because they had to have two accounts to play other races
>>
>>318754125
Prot warriors are mandatory for PvE progression.
Fury warriors can do some good DPS but not as much as other FOTM classes.
Arms warriors are fucking trash though.
>>
>>318750846

The PVE server is so far behind the PVP server. Especially in people count, the PVP server had 10k concurrent last weekend
>>
>>318753969
>I'll roll on the PvE server,

lol
>>
>>318754309
exactly. so if he want to do SOME pvp or even be a dps warrior he is shit out of luck. he is stuck as a tank.

it's like rolling a paladin to be a healer or rolling a priest to be a healer. it fucking sucks.

he's better off rolling a mage
>>
>>318754338
Which isn't a good thing IMHO. I'd rather play with 2K douchebags from 4chan than 8K retards from 4chan.
>>
>play nostalrius for a bit with some friends
>start raiding and become the best healer pretty fast
>gear thrown at me in bwl, raiding becomes a chore
>quit

rather play tbc and do arenas. i dont feel like i'm accomplishing anything in vanilla anymore.
>>
>>318754391
Roll a mage if you want to spend 2 minutes recovering mana after every mob
>>
>>318754460
He means it's behind in content and scripting as well because the PvE server is a second thought
>>
>>318754481
at least mage has free pots so it is nonissue.

point is, if he's above average gamer then he probably want to deal damage to shit. warriors suck at that so he better pick mage.
>>
>>318754460

It does help make the server come alive, there's always new people there to play with etc. People really start to socialize when there's so many of them
>>
>>318754309
>>318754391
>>318754481
>>318754570
So, Warrior or Mage? From what I understand Nostalrius will switch to TBC later on, and at that point Warriors become top-tier in DPS. But until then I'm stuck tanking, right?

But are there any tank spots left in Nostalrius?
>>
>>318746516
>BC did WoW better
flying mounts

BTFO
>>
File: Nostalrius-True-Vanilla.jpg (1 MB, 900x1795) Image search: [Google]
Nostalrius-True-Vanilla.jpg
1 MB, 900x1795
>>318746615

Its very well done and I really like the concept of staggered release, they talked about BC later on.. pic related also, its what recruited me... 1x server so its as close to blizzlike vanilla as possible.. very very few bugs or abilities that dont work as they should.. and yea you cant pay for an advantage, its a full on copy of the vanilla experience besides theres a lot more feminized faggots and real life furries who play druids etc.. so the chat and social aspect is different.. and the feeling of discovery isnt there for veterans.

I dont know of anything else that does all that, I never played on Kronos or any of these other competitors, but from what I understand they are all far below Nost in terms of quality of scripting and all the stuff I said above.

You also have a lot of freedom in terms of chat, very rarely do you get hit for racism and its normally some faggot moderator with a pole up his ass sitting in the chat who hits you 15 seconds later, when youre unlucky.

Whenever I run into some reddit faggot crying about refugees, or get muted.. I just go recruit more people from /pol/
>>
>>318754742
>but from what I understand they are all far below Nost in terms of quality of scripting and all the stuff I said above.

Kronos has better scripting but it's dead as fuck and filled with slavs.
>>
>>318754461
Same here desu

>Level up a fire mage to 60
>Start doing PuGs and get invited to a solid raiding group
>Nothing to do but raid and then AFK in town until raid lockout resets
>World PVP is a fucking joke and BGs are full of elitist tryhards using flavor of the patch classes/specs
>>
>>318754806

Good, thats what they get for letting you pay to play as a centaur and all sorts of other bullshit.

Its not blizzlike, and the mobs run through fences instead of around them for example.
>>
Does Nostalrius accept donations?
>>
>>318754660
It's going to switch in over a year if they keep to their promise which private servers never do, don't roll something on the thought that it will go to TBC

Just try every class and see what sticks to you
>>
>>318754742
>Its very well done
scripting is shit
>>
>>318755005

Only to keep the servers running, and you receive no benefit besides being a good person.
>>
>>318755039
>Just try every class and see what sticks to you

But how far will I have to level each class in order to realize if they will work or not later in the game?
>>
>>318755098
Play them until like lvl 10 or just watch vanilla videos highlighting the classes in pvp or pve until you see something you like

Warrior is by far the slowest leveling class and you'll probably quit if you pick one at first because they die to almost every mob and only get good when they hit lvl 60 and are decked out in gear
>>
>>318755096
>Only to keep the servers running
you don't actually believe this do you? all major private servers who accept donations pocket most of the money. they call it "donations" so they don't get into legal trouble.
>>
>>318755098

Yea thats terrible advice, if you dont actually know about the classes you should do some reading and watch a few videos on youtube.

>>318754660

As for the part about BC, they said they will put out a BC server and let you copy your vanilla characters to it, while keeping them on the vanilla server.

Youl never lose the ability to play the character on vanilla, and youl get a second copy for BC.

Warriors are very gear dependent but are awesome at pvp when geared, and are both viable as the best tanks and as strong dps when fury. Good choice. Mages are also a good choice, I see a fair bit of guilds who need mages for raids and they are obviously very strong in pvp. Both good choices, do you want to play ranged or melee? Youl want both eventually I assume.
>>
>>318755312

Their servers are pretty fucking expensive anon

sure if any of its extra its saved up I am sure or pocketed. They have actually made a good product that could be sold if blizzard wasn't jewish.
>>
>>318755621
>Their servers are pretty fucking expensive anon
doubt it
at most their bandwidth costs some money but it costs next to nothing to run those servers.

WoWscape was making 300k a year from donations and their total server costs per year were well under 3k.
>>
>>318742451
Fogfilter
>>
>>318748035

leveling in RO*
>>
>>318742451
any meme 4chan guilds recruiting ?
>>
>>318746615
>Especially considering it's a 1x server.
thats what makes it fun fucking wrathbabby
>>
>>318758473
>1x vanilla
>fun
How is it fun?
>>
>>318754120
Except that raid requirements should be decreased instead if you have become an informed player because you don't need boe epics to tank MC.
>>
>>318758675
Implying that it's not better than instant max level servers that you play for 10 minutes and quit.
>>
>>318742451
always shit regardless of game, mmos just don't work with the tiny population private servers have
>>
>>318758968
That's not what I'm implying, I'm asking how it's fun to level with slower than sin rates in an expansion where low level combat and leveling is a chore. Some classes can't even pull 2 mobs without dying and eating/drinking is near mandatory after each fight.
>>
>Mages have 6% hit from talents for 3 points
>Get a free 2% from ZG enchants
>A total of 80 resistance penetration when Curse of elements is up

Why do these primadona fucks want bloodvine so much? They can be basically hitcapped with BWL items.
>>
>>318760320
>Sharing shit droprates with other people
You're joking, right?
>>
>>318762636
Purposefully handicapping yourself?
>>
>>318762636
These faggots are so anti social. Now wonder there's no couch multiplayer anymore. Doesn't anybody have friends that exist in person? Do people even hang out anymore
>>
I never knew people sucked your dick so much when you play as a Warrior. I'm amazed.

Also, the leveling isn't so bad. Am level 25, haven't died yet and regularly pull more than 1 mob.
>>
Nostalrius is good.
Having much more fun leveling, then I have in retail WoW since cata release

Hope they release TBC server one day
>>
>>318742451
Too many bugs. It makes an already tedious grind from 1-60 into absolute shit. It's a shame, I really did enjoy leveling and experiencing the world in Vanilla, but I don't enjoy it 10 years later, especially with a lot of bugged quests.
>>
It is great. These mouthbreathers complaining about leveling should really stay away from the genre.
>>
>>318764813
> Now wonder there's no couch multiplayer anymore.
There is if you bothered to look for it.

Also couch multiplayer =/= sharing awful droprates with others.

Grinding 10% drop chance items for two people is as bad as it is to grind for one person.
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.