[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vermintide Thread: Atleast I Didn't Buy the Collectors Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 7
File: bermhyde.png (1019 KB, 1262x511) Image search: [Google]
bermhyde.png
1019 KB, 1262x511
Vermintide Thread: Atleast I Didn't Buy the Collectors Edition

Are any of you actually happy about this new update? From reading through the patch notes it seems to be a whole lot of nothing about reworking loot and and some balance fixes.
>>
>reworking loot
that is highly anticipated
>>
>>318739427
But it barely looks like it's a worthy addition. From what I seen all you do is spend you're gems to maybe get something you want, so you will still have to grind through levels and loot to salvage/forge/whatever you're items to get enough glowing rocks to get something you might have use for.

Not only that they just 'added' 40 weapons which are just slightly more damage reskinned versions with more traits.

For a game that just got released how did they manage to fuck up a simple concept so damn much?
>>
>>318739654
>you gotta play the game to get loot
>>
>>318739654
Now you can use salvage gems to directly buy a weapon that you want. There's also the trinkets that give you a high chance to loot stuff for a class you want.
And lastly they announced the trait rerolling system which is coming later down the line.

Seems like a great update to me. Also lots of bug fixes, a new weapon tier, higher chance to loot better tier weapons and new traits.

And lastly they hinted at a new map. "keycastle" in German.
>>
>optimizations, bug fixes more items
good patch. if only the community wasnt shit. cant get a good game with randoms
>>
>>318739238
You just made another thread, stop spamming this shit
>>
>>318739238
No, because it doesnt address any of the issues at all.
>>
>>318739860
>you gotta play the game to get loot you might want

fix'd for you

>>318739960
>trait rerolling system

Why not just make traits something you pick and just work on different weapons? Id rather have 3 different great axes that have varying stats instead of the same Great Axe reskinned and higher damage as the color goes up with shitty fucking traits. They should've looked at Payday 2 a lot more in my opinion.
>>
Call me when they add in new game modes or redo all the characters to actually make them unique and fun to play and not just different height humans.
>>
>>318740272

>using Payday 2 as a benchmark of anything right now
>>
Looking forward to the patch.
>>
>>318740405
Besides all the DLC jewery the base game is solid as fuck.

>Get money to buy weapons and modify them
>Get cards which might give you parts, a mask, or money or customizable stuff
>leveling up gets you traits

It's a solid system. Why the fuck leave all of it to RNG to force you to replay the same shit over?

I'm talking about just the core mechanics of the game and it's loot system.
>>
>>318740386
>redo all the characters to actually make them unique and fun to play and not just different height humans.
This

Apart from the Pyro every other character is just a reskin with slightly different weapons. They need to add in more race traits and make all the characters far more unique and with more powerful abilities.
>>
>>318740562
>Payday 2 card system
>good
It was a source of endless complaints. Only when everyone realized that you could script a thousand of every item to your inventory were people happy.
I wouldn't say it was good in any fucking way.
>>
>>318740562
Maybe they've changed it but weren't weapon mods only obtainable via cards which you earned one after a completed mission. The mod was random for a random weapon.
>>
Is Vermintide even good if you don't have people you know to play with? I played the shit of of L4D 1 & 2 but only really played with randoms.
>>
Who cares? The game is fun as all hell. Sure, the loot system is a bitch, but that's part of the fun.
>>
>>318740630
I don't understand this.
Why and what do you want?

Its already good with people wanting to play a certain character for banter and weapons.
Like the only characters with similar weapons are Soldier and Dwarf.
Waywatcher, Witch Hunter and Wizard all have wildly different weaponry from each other.

If you add some stats and special skills that'll just increase the "I main this class and refuse play anything else" -faggotry
>>
>>318740796
And you were not ensured it was a mod, could be some worthless cash or mask.
>>
>>318740873

Its fine aslong as you host your own games and play on easy/medium, hard and above really requires strategic planning and a well coordinated team, you can get lucky as I have finished a few levels on hard with randoms but 80% of the games I play on hard end up with people leaving because they lose 20% of their health in the first 10 minutes due to a horde or a special Skaven.
>>
>>318740873
You can always try to make friends. The lobby shows the hosts country and also there's a /v/ and /vg/ steam communities where you can ask people to play

As for randoms, on high difficulties I've met good people and had fun. On lower there are retarded elf players and other shitters
>>
>>318740796
I don't know if they changed it but yeah that's pretty much how it was.

But you could acquire any weapon by just hitting the level. If you wanted a shotgun you could buy it. If you wanted an assault rifle you could get it.

With Vermintide both the item AND the traits are randomized and levels mean fuck all.

>>318740794
I'm not saying it's good. I'm just saying it's solid.

Compared to having everything RNG why not leave most of it up to what the player wants?

I mean look at all the fucking traits we get, that's even more RNG. 20% chance to knockback? 1.5% chance to increase attack speed on normal hit? It would've been better if they had a couple of skill trees for each character maybe changing their class entirely that added definite traits instead of these bullshit traits that don't do shit because the only one anyone even cares about is Regrowth and Bloodlust because everything else is useless.

Why not have an ability as well to each class? Why can't I shout as the Empire Soldier or Dwarf to pull aggro? Why do I have to shield bash them away from my teams swings and hits to make them focus on me? Literally the worst tanking system.
>>
I just bought this gamer a few days ago with my cancelled Overwatch pre-order money and I'm absolutely loving it. How is the community though? I've only played a few games so I don't really know.

Is the game ded? Lots of people playing? Are they cunts? Does /v/ have a /v/ermintide group or anything like that?
>>
>>318741029
Because the characters are boring as fuck and there is no real difference between any of them, except the wizard.
>>
>>318741245
Decent amount of people, but its always better with friends, Im down for playing though if you want.
>>
>>318741029
Because there already isn't the "I want to play as the cute elf bitch because lol rp" shit, right?

This game is fucking ass. Loot is ass, it's a L4D clone and it's painfully obvious after playing it.
>>
>>318741348
>Witch hunter is high damage and great singling out rats
>Elf excels at ranged combat and faster attacks
>Dorf is a mothing fucking dorf that does dorf shit
>Soldier is balanced and basic, can do a little of everything well.

It's like you haven't played the game anon.
>>
>>318740126
The only time my frame rate dips below 60 is when there's a shit ton of smoke on the screen, and I have totally maxed settings. I look forward to the optimization, hopefully it'll fix that.
>>
>>318741348
Holy Sigmar, why do you allow these sinners?
>>
>>318739238
Wow. Four radically different typefaces in one title. Good job.
>>
>>318741029
>>318741029
>Like the only characters with similar weapons are Soldier and Dwarf.

That's wrong. The repeaters and two handed sword from WH and Empire Soldier. The Dwarf and WH crossbow. Plus the Axe from WH and Dwarf have the exact same swinging animations and damage. The only legit difference is length which I'm not so positive about. There's only legit a couple weapons that are unique to their character excluding Waywatcher because she's the only one that has truly unique weapons.

>BW's staves
>WH Rapier, Pistols and Repeater if you want to include that since it does vary from the Soldiers
>DR Shielded Weapons, Two handed axe has the exact same charged swing arcs as Two handed swords but instead there is an overhead for normal strikes
>ES Shielded weapons also 1handed sword's last swing does some pause then swing animation which fucks up my hits

Other than that most weapons are shared.
>>
>>318741416
Yeah no, but nice try at making generic as shit characters sound unique when they are not.

The game died for a reason, because it has no content and because its characters are poorly designed, get over it.
>>
>>318741245
source me up senpai
>>
>>318741558
>babby's first visual communication class
>>
>>318741416
Wow nice anon, I wonder if I can pull arbitrary bullshit out of my ass too
>>
>>318741623
>>318741670
Stop playing on normal.
>>
so is there character creation in this game or is it like gauntlet?
>>
>>318741623
>The game died
source: my ass
>>
>>318741662
I do not know what you are implying, but if you think that looks anything other than silly you are in dire need of eyes.
>>
File: lilsisdluc3.jpg (145 KB, 843x581) Image search: [Google]
lilsisdluc3.jpg
145 KB, 843x581
>>318741651
>He doesn't know Boku Girl
Anon what do you even have to live for?
>>
>>318741416
That is completely fucking wrong on so many levels

Dward/Warrior/WH are nothing more than special 1 shotters with guns/crossbows and 2hander trash killers

Elf is useless

Wizard is admittedly unique.
>>
>>318741728
>only 700 people playing right now
https://steamdb.info/app/235540/

Its dead Jim, get over it

Inb4
>b-but 700 people is enough!
>>
>>318741728
http://store.steampowered.com/stats

I'm not saying you're wrong.

But there's literally nobody playing it.
>>
>>318741793
>>318741820
>people playing
Well, then it's not fucking dead, is it?
>>
>>318741820

Even worse when you look at it over time:

http://steamcharts.com/app/235540#3m
>>
>>318741728
>25k player peak
>to less than a couple thousand

This was within a week too. Even on the weekend you're lucky to get a couple thousand people.

>b-b-but other games are coming out and the holidays

Let's be honest. Warhammer games just simply do not keep a large playerbase.
>>
>>318741942
See >>318741793

Its dead, get over it, Jesus stop getting so mad.
>>
>>318741942
>people still believe in nazism
>h-hitlers still alive you guys

i am sorry that your shit game died in the womb.
>>
>>318741793
>>318741820
Maybe if they fucking fixed it and let toasters play it..
>>
>>318741993
>say game is dead
>show source literally stating people are playing
top jej
>>
>>318742064
That would require them putting any effort into the game

>Fatshark

OH YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GOING ANYWHERE? YOU DIDN'T FUCKING THINK ABOUT THIS BEFORE?
>>
>>318741989
>i-it needs over 25k to be able to play!

who fucking cares? you can find games instantly and play..
why does it matter if there is 700 or 7000
>>
>>318741793
>>318741820
700 people on at 4 in the morning for a game that only requires 4 people to play is not a dead game.

Hell lets say that most of them are idle, you're still looking at somewhere around 100 active matches.
>>
>>318741558
First two lines are the logo of the franchise, third one is the name of the game, fourth one is the name of the update. There's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>318742137
>why does it matter

Because if they plan on selling DLC and if the money they make can't keep them making more DLC or keep their servers up then the game will literally die. Like at some point no one will be able to play it.
>>
>>318741742
HOLY FUCK I forgot about Boku Girl. I was waiting for updates cause I got caught up so quickly. Thanks anon.
>>
>>318742145
>4 in the morning

You do know there are other places than america, right? And it's like.. ranging timezones from 10 - 15:00, right?

When Microsoft Flight Simulator has more players than your game, you know it's dead.

WHEN A FUCKING GRAPHICS CARD TUNING PIECE OF SOFTWARE (http://store.steampowered.com/app/268850/) HAS MORE PLAYERS THAN YOUR ACTUAL GAME, YOU KNOW IT'S DEAD
>>
>>318742263
current player count doesn't matter for that.
People stopped playing because they cleared all the content, -> new content -> they go back to it.

Its basic.
>>
Corsair or Bowmaster?
>>
>>318742326
I doubt that's it, people have dumped huge amount of hours into l4d when it only had 4 maps. It's the fact that they're haven't optimized it.
>>
>>318742326
>people don't play games to play games anymore, they play them for sick loot and new content only

Yeah, this is fucking retarded.
>>
>>318742271
>You do know there are other places than america, right? And it's like.. ranging timezones from 10 - 15:00, right?

None that I'm interested in playing with
>>
>>318741596
Two handed axe has the exact same charged swing arcs as Two handed swords

Two handed sword hit more target, has a better knockback and less damage.

They're basically not the same at all.
>>
>>318742405
L4D has competitive multiplayer, that makes all the difference
>>
>>318742481
Yeah, god forbid they put content in their games.

Though they couldn't put a versus mode in this trash because then it would just be a L4D mod.
>>
>>318742421
>advertise loot being a big thing
>people stop playing because it's shitty and poorly implemented
>the levels are shitty and poorly implemented

Atleast in Left for Dead you have the campaigns. If they did something like that it would've been better. Also some change in the maps occasionally would be nice.
>>
>>318742271
but it's not dead, I literally just found a match in less than 10 seconds
>>
>>318742405
L4D has multiple game modes, mods, and mutators, not to fucking mention a GOD DAMN VERSUS MODE

Vermintide is literally 1/10th of the game of L4D and it fucking shows.
>>
>>318742405
>I doubt that's it, people have dumped huge amount of hours into l4d when it only had 4 maps
Either a not so clever troll or a shill

Either way, glad this game died so quickly.
>>
>>318742676
>glad this game died so quickly.
Why? Did this game do something mean to you? Why are you so butthurt?
>>
>>318742573
Repeating "shitty and poorly inplemented" hardly say anything at all. Need some arguments adn examples.
>>
>>318742630
With the new loot system it could be slightly more viable to have custom maps, I know its not happening, but I want to believe.
>>
I wish the game would focus more on actual playable content instead of pandering to these fucking Payday2 fallout rejects who just want to sit there and fiddle around with skinnerbox weapons and maybe do a mission where they leftclick in a corner for half an hour.

That being said I hope the HoM secret reshuffle makes it less popular already, half of the games active on nightmare-cata are HoM only.
>>
>>318742676
>headcannon

It's so dead it has an update today, how crazy is that.
>>
>>318742763
Im glad I got a refund, and the shitty developers got shafted for making a shitty clone.

All in all, a win for gaming.
>>
>>318742869
An update praising the amount of copys sold aswell.
>>
>>318739238
i want new heroes so baddly and no faggot elves bullshit pls
>>
>people crying for versus mode
>the single worst mode of L4D with the most cancerous playerbase in any online game ever
Hello teenagers/Russians. You can fuck off now.

Also
>people complaining that the game is like L4D but with melee and Warhammer look
That was literally the point, the hell were you expecting? That a 4-player co-op versus swarms and special enemies wouldn't be like L4D?
>>
>>318742265
It's still the fucking best thing to ever happen to my dick.
>>
>>318742802
Okay.

The loot system. Like I mentioned in my earlier posts:

>RNG traits
>RNG loot system
>Trait's are close to useless besides Bloodlust and the other healing one

Honestly the loot system and trinkets could've been perks for all I care and the loot system would've been improved vastly. No one wants to go through some hard Cataclysm run with 2 grims and 3 tomes to end up with a weapon that has Scavenger, Devastating Push and a chance to regen stamina on hit.

The maps are straight forward. No difference in them at all. Left 4 dead sometimes had variations in the maps even if it was small it was enough to give replayability. Having the exact same map over and over doing the exact same things is boring. In Payday you can somewhat choose you're route and L4D it changes from time to time. The only real thing the player has to change from time to time is what weapons he uses and the character he wants to play. EVEN THEN, it doesn't magically guarantee that you will have a different experience playing the game as other times.
>>
File: 1429484938867.jpg (163 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1429484938867.jpg
163 KB, 1080x720
>>318743098
I find it more fun than L4D anyways. More unique setting for an action game.
>>
WAH WAH THE LOOT SYSTEM IS BAD
WAH WAH THEY'RE RELEASING A PATCH THAT ONLY FIXES THE LOOT SYSTEM
>>
>>318743360
>fixes

hehehehehe
>>
>>318743237
Your complaint about RNG loot and traits is literally the point of this update to address.
When you say bloodlust/regrowth is the only good trait its obvious you haven't played the game much. Master-crafted is essential for certain weapons, rupture is godlike for shotguns, heat reduction are important for BW and Dwarf.

>L4D had variety in the maps
No it bloody didn't and neither did PD2. Always the same shit done the same way. In L4D the best you could hope for was that a certain alley was blocked so you had to go through a parallel one. Whopdy-fucking-doo
>>
>>318743237
>In Payday you can somewhat choose you're route and L4D it changes from time to time

yeah nah, each map is the exact same boring shit in both of those game except you can choose to do stealth instead in payday. Which is fucking awful.

As for the loot if there were no RNG than you'd get the best stuff easily and very fast and I don't see the point. It's a hack'n'slash type of game, you play for the gameplay and you farm hoping to get the perfect item. (which you don't even need btw)
>>
File: hehehe.png (55 KB, 941x92) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.png
55 KB, 941x92
>>318743665
You're right. I barely played the game at all.

No this update does not adress that at all. Stop being blatantly retarded. You have to equip a trinket to get a higher chance of getting an item or sacrifice items to have a chance of getting another item.

Even if you could choose your traits they are all so bad that they barely make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah and you're telling me it's okay that some game years ago has sublte differences in the map where as this one doesn't? Payday 2 does have differences whether its a safe location or cardkeys or guard patrols or security cameras.
>>
>>318743991
Farming black powder for 200 hours doesn't count
>>
>>318743735
See
>>318743991
>safe location or cardkeys or guard patrols or security cameras

In response to you're loot statement.
>As for the loot if there were no RNG than you'd get the best stuff easily and very fast

There shouldn't be a 'best stuff'. That's where they fucked up. They gave loot traits and abilities when it didn't need it. I would have just prefered to buy potions or bombs and weapons from the innkeeper with Gold I earned finishing missions. Maybe you can also buy buffs that last through one mission or something. It's so pointless to have an RNG loot system where there is infact a 'best item' to obtain. I would gladly play the game entirely for the gameplay but instead the gameplay is lacking because there is no replayability.
>>
>>318743991
..are you retarded or didn't you even read the patch notes?
You can literally use gems from salvaging in the forge to upgrade items to a higher tier. No RNG required. Trait reroll system allows you to swap traits and reroll them.
And lastly I already told you. Certain traits are fucking essential like Master-crafted on handguns, targeteer on things like pistol brace, extra stamina on weapons like twohanders

List goes on.

Yeah, I agree that the trait stats being rolled is bullshit, but otherwise all your complaints about the loot are moot.
>>
>>318743991
>they barely make a difference

It's not an rpg man, it's an fps. They're not supposed to carry you, it's all about the gameplay itself.
>>
>>318744243
Yes which is the problem. They shouldn't be there in the first place.

>>318744240
>Certain traits are fucking essential

Not really. The only thing that matters is the damage you're doing and what difficulty. Basically if you're weapon can easily kill the small horde by spamming you're charged swing.

My complaint isn't just with the RNG of the loot system. It's the fact it's so poorly implemented and it does little for the game.
>>
>>318744519
How is that a problem? They're not detrimental and give a nice incentive to replay missions for a lot of people
>>
>>318745063
>They're not detrimental and give a nice incentive to replay missions

I wouldn't exactly agree with that. The greed for loot has become more than the game itself. If they did do loot or items they should've taken more from Payday than Left for Dead. This is why I think they should have:

>Having a currency works better than direct loot

With a currency system they could expand upon the items as well as interactivity at the inn. You could buy potions or grenades or items you could use that would help you're team. Instead of just randomly finding this stuff during the map. Also if they added a currency system there would be no reason to sacrifice you're healing or potions for a chance to get a better item which means everyone can focus more on the actual gameplay and using the items during key critical moments instead of being limited.

>Talent tree or Perk system would work better than traits

It gives you an incentive to level up and it will give replayability. Maybe instead of having a set in stone Dwarf Ranger the character is just 'Dwarf' and you choose to be either a Dwarf Slayer, or maybe an Ironbreaker, or even a Runepriest or Engineer. Just being able to have diversity between characters as well as diversity inbetween players is what would extend the life and replayability of the game. Weapons wouldn't matter so much (which they hardly do anyway) and each person can still fit a role and it would help the feel of the teamwork and cooperation a lot more.
>>
>>318745754
Did you just complain about the tome&grimoire system? Its probably the most innovative part of the game and works perfectly. It capitalizes on the greed of the players, punishes mistakes and rewards getting good.
And like others have said a dozen times already, Payday2 system is trash, why do you keep comparing the two?
Yeah, you could buy guns that were absolutely worthless without 100% RNG drops that people either grinded in jewelry store or lua-scripted.
That system was absolute shit.

Even Vermintide is more addictive and after this update better than that load of garbage.
>>
>>318746289
Yes I complained about the tome and grim system because it doesn't add anything and literally just takes away from gameplay.

>innovative
>works perfectly

Hello Fatshark employee.

I compare it to Payday 2 because it's something that's done right. Payday 2 has an entire system. Not just loot. It has replayability. It has teamwork. It has cooperation.

>guns that were absolutely worthless

Yeah I can agree some gun's were shit compared to other's but atleast you had variety. Payday 2 came out years ago. You're telling me it's okay to have less features than games that came out years ago with more focus on loot in an action based game because that's innovative? It's better to have some traits marginally better and game changing while others are worthless? Oh wait that sounds familar.

>traits that are absolutely worthless without 100% RNG unlock that people either grinded in black powder or tower

>Even Vermintide is more addictive and after this update better than that load of garbage

Fatshark pls. You're game fucking sucks and you couldn't do anything right and everything you did that wasn't complete shit was mediocre at best. That's why the game was dead before the prerelease beta was over.
>>
File: 1419391069881.jpg (110 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1419391069881.jpg
110 KB, 500x750
>>318746842
I want Overkill to leave.
I'm enjoying Vermintide a lot, what of it?
>>
>>318746842
>Payday 2 is something done right
Anon. Every time you mention Payday you just dig yourself deeper into that hole. It was fun arguing when you came up with actual arguments but now its just shit. I played Payday 2 for 500 hours and yet I fucking despise everything that happened to that game in the last 12 months. I hated the loot system and was an active LUA scripter for the loot since I wanted to use the weapon I like with the mask I like.
I have a negative review about that garbage game and I get triggered when someone like you says that Payday 2 had a good system. It didn't, and it never did.
The gunplay was great and that's why our group played it. Not because of the shitty loot system.

And in the end the same goes for Vermintide. We play it for the gameplay which we really like and have fun with. Especially with the grimoire system. If I knew how to easily script myself every weapon and hat and trinket I would do it because I hate these fucking loot systems in these games. Yet even then I'll take the Vermintide system over the vomit that was PD2.

Now if you just said that "I don't like the game because I hate first person melee" or "co-op vs ai in the same maps gets boring" I would have been fine with you. But instead your complaints boiled down to the loot-system where you compared it to even worse example. Now that triggers me.
>>
>>318748690
>I dont like it

Anon its okay if you didn't like the system but it is for a fact something that is done right. It rewards you both with a currency and RNG based items. You can use the currency on acquiring skills or getting items or modifying and customizing your weapons. I like melee combat in a game. Vermintide is spam to win. I like co op games but vermintide doesn't feel like a good co op game because players don't need to react to anything.

It's not just the loot system. It's the complete lack of everything fun and everything it has done is shit. Melee combat is a joke. Traits are fucking rng bullshit. Loot is fucking bullshit because the only reason you'd want loot us to get traits you want. You could play levels over and over and be rewarded with items you don't want or have shitty useless traits. Maps are exactly the same every single time and not even a slight variation that isn't a patrol or rat ogre.

It's okay if your having fun but the game fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1449112816818.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449112816818.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>318741989

BECAUSE THERE HASNT BEEN A GOOD FUCKING WARHAMMER GAME SINCE DOW

Games Workshop always tries the shotgun approach...they release a fucking blitz of rcobbled together half-assed warhammer games on every fucking system and IOS and then

"WOOOOWW BUGGED PLAYER MECHANICS WHY NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY THESE GAMES?:

instead of releasing 4-5 shitty games at once, they should go for making one game thats actually good, fun. and can hold a community for longer than a week
>>
>>318749171
>players don't need to react to anything
So what did players need to react to in PD2? Even on deathwish it was just people running around getting kills and soloing special enemies left and right. Especially bulldozers were completely trivialized by DLC.
Same goes for L4D, we used to speedrun maps on expert where everyone was for himself, and since everyone could solo any special except tank (shoving hunters mid jump, shooting smokers and crowning witches was all piss easy).
The only co-op game I can think where players really need to react to threats is KF2 since Fleshpounds and Scrakes are dangerous when accompanied by normal zeds.

And your other complaints about the gameplay just show that you never played on Nightmare or Cataclysm, and as such there is no point to this discussion. This is going nowhere.
>>
>>318749881
I agree.

>>318750214
I've completed all missions on Nightmare and regularly play on Cataclysm.

I might have phrased that wrong because I was taking a shit and I had to respond on my phone

I meant that players don't really have to react to the situation based on other players. For example the most co op that is ever done in this game is deciding which corner to sit in to spam charged attacks. Roles help make a Co-Op game really feel like a cooperative experience. Left 4 Dead didn't quite have roles but it did sort of have a difference in the ways the players play. Payday 2 has abilities and support items such as health packs or ammo which can be used on the fly and situational. You could drop ammo in a room and hold it for example or drop a sentry to cover you while you keep moving or fight them off depending on what you're goal is.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.