[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s opinion of this game? I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: undertale_logo.png (1 KB, 658x164) Image search: [Google]
undertale_logo.png
1 KB, 658x164
What's /v/'s opinion of this game?

I haven't browsed this site since January, so I missed out on all the post-release hype.
>>
Why not lurk and find out?

Or rather, search it on google, as you're obviously not welcome here
>>
Now you've done it, OP

Please put a trigger warning in your post next time
>>
It's pretty good.

No Objective reason to dislike it.

>>318735849
>Why discuss videogames here?
Fuck up faggot.
>>
>>318735792
I think about 2/3rd of /v/ likes this game and 1/3rd hates it.

and I'm pretty sure most people hate the fanbase it has now
>>
>>318735792
>/v/'s opinion

aside from being somewhat flavor of the month a bunch of people think the community is absolute shit which it is and it's creating one of the newest and most autistic fanbases aside from homestuck

gamewise it's decent, gameplay is simple RPG+bullet hell, nothing amazing, nothing horrible. Not GOTY but worth a play.
>>
>>318735792
>I haven't browsed this site since January, so I missed out on all the post-release hype.
I don't believe you
>>
>>318735918
>Fuck up
There's a difference between discussing a game, and telling you about what we have concluded through our discussion of this game.

Jesus christ why do people feel entitled to being spoonfed all of a sudden? It's probably just me looking at 4chan with nostalgia goggles.
>>
/v/ thinks it is tumblr : the game, they also seem to think its a meme. That seems to be the vocal minority however, there where a few polls put around and it seems most people are fine with the game and not that many actually hate it.
>>
Great, charming game that you can't discuss anymore because both the fanbase and the anti-fanbase fanbase have become too far out there for any kind of rationality.
>>
>>318736042
I'm not kidding, I just came back today. I'll be honest, having been away almost a year, I can honestly say that life without this site isn't all it's cracked up to be.

>>318735934
>>318735941
How is the fanbase bad? I've seen this opinion posted all over the place but never seen examples of the fans acting out.
>>
>>318736131
You're getting triggered by someone asking "What is the general consensus about this game?" on a vieogame website.

Fuck up, faggot.
>>
File: 1424504679874.png (752 KB, 1001x563) Image search: [Google]
1424504679874.png
752 KB, 1001x563
>>318736847
>I am entitled to know the general conseus of a videogame RIGHT NOW instead of lurking and finding out for myself, on a "vieogame website" that promotes lurking
>>
>>318736289
That's the thing: the fanbase really doesn't act up all that much. It's not that much worse than any other fanbase, but the people on /v/ that hate the game want to try everything they possibly can to get people to dislike it. They do this by showing the worst of the fanart that exists or by using buzzwords like "meme game," "tumblrtale" and whatever.

It's pretty ridiculous. I mean, I don't really like FNAF for example but I don't care about it THAT much for me to try and force people to dislike it as much as I do.
>>
>>318736980
>I am entitled to know the general conseus of a videogame
Yes he fucking is? If you want to talk about entitlement and privilege you can stay on tumblr.

If someone wants to know some opinions on videogames he's ENTITLED to ask stuff here.

Stop trying so hard to fit in you dumb cunt.
>>
>>318735792
it's good but /v/ hates it because it got mainstream and had threads all day every day for a month
>>
>game had moderate hype around /v/ for years before release
>game comes out
>is popular amongst autists
>suddenly the game is dogshit
LOGIC
>>
I only got one ending, and it wasn't the true ending, (I didn't talk to lizard bitch or some shit, even though I spared everyone) but I'll offer my thoughts.

The snow village messed with my expectations in the worst way possible.

Going in the shop, seeing that woman in an old text game like style and hearing that music, it all felt magical, like Earthbound made me feel.

It felt like an adventure, it had that childlike sense of wonder Earthbound did, like you were seeing the world through the eyes of an innocent child. In fact, it's hard to even compare the two, I'd say I surpassed Earthbound in giving me those feelings.

But then came the memes, the lolsoquirky characters like that robot fucker who interrupted every other moment with his lolsorandum jokes, silly shit, and references.

>B-B-But Earthbound did it too!

It was never this bad, it may have had something to do with how short the game was, but goddamn, the silly shit was just endless.

And things like Anime jokes just feel out of place, it removed the "timeless" feel from the game, like anime was something everyone in the entire world should know about.

The moment I spared the skeleton, the entire game went downhill, and it just kept going.

I thought I was in for another game that would give feelings of bittersweet nostalgia, and make me think "I really wasted the greatest years of my life, I want to be an innocent kid again"

Even fucking Monster Girl Quest gave me that feeling of grand adventure more than this ever did, and that was the furthest thing from Innocent.
>>
>>318735792
just play it, is like 2 hours long, and pirate it too, is like 200mb
ignore everyone else
>>
>>318735792
its fnaf ,su,mlp, and sonic fans all rolled into one also tumblr loves it.
>>
>>318735792

I'm playing it right now, it's ok, I get a chuckle every now and again but I'm not too motivated to keep playing.
>>
/r/ing that image someone on here made with the photoshopped OC monster fights and the Bane edit. It's a certain macro where someone took OCs from Deviantart and made them into black and white pixals to try and convince people that that was what Undertale was full of. He then proceeded to get BTFO but people who actually played the game.
>>
Gay autistic cross dressing furries love it, that's why it's popular here
>>
>>318735792
Shitty furry game that only intensifies my hatred of that fetishes community. Not even SJWs are that bad.
>>
>>318735792
A game playing a lot of meta and meme humor with an interesting and well-played core concept of "you don't need to kill anyone". It will surely flip your perspective on some game tropes or definitions such as LV or EXP.(or determination in-game)
The gameplay is nothing original nor has any depth, but you can say the combination is unique. Despite it's pretty simple, it can be fun and challenging.
About the characters, most people say it's actually possible to feel for them, but in this particular game I find it pretty difficult, maybe you require actual autism, Toby was trying way to hard, especially in
True Pacifist when you reopen the game after the credits and during Genocide run where the characters stop thinking you are a human or Sans starts talking to you, the player during its battle.

TL;DR version
It's HIGLY overrated, but not bad
>>
>>318737862
>no one knew about the game for years
>suddenly comes out and everyone talks about it
>more people learn about it
>OMG PEOPLE ARE JUST HATING IT BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR! It can't be that its increased popularity meant more new people saw it, thus increasing the amount of people who might not like it, it's because it's popular!
>>
File: 2015-12-03_06-32-59.png (30 KB, 387x355) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-03_06-32-59.png
30 KB, 387x355
Remember me?
>>
>>318735792
6/10 indie game. Appeals to the youtube gen and furries, hence the popularity.
>>
>>318739669
There is nothing wrong with being a furry. Love and tolerate. People should simply learn to ignore what they dislike no matter how loud, rather than expect others to censor themselves. If you dislike the guy in the fursuit being vocal, ignore him. It's his right to act that way
>>
>>318739583
Sorry, I forgot something important

Ever heard something like this game being a "sentient creature"? As a part of meta humor, this game " remembers " everything in your previous save file if you restart, also remembers if you already played a Genocide run and corrupts any successive gameplay
>>
>>318737974
>But then came the memes that I won't bother to list but are totally there, honest.
>>
It's pretty good.
>>
You give degenerates an inch and they got for a mile
This is what happens when you accept gays in society, then all the other weirdo's come out, like the one's who fantasize fucking animals and probably even do.
Fuck furries, fuck undertale and fuck this board, for allowing this degeneracy
>>
File: 1342019282865.jpg (51 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1342019282865.jpg
51 KB, 256x256
It's a great game, but the massive fanbase (which resides mainly in tumblr) has turned the hivemind against it because it's a memegame or tumblr game.

For $10 it's a great fucking value and a really good little game. My GOTY next to Bloodborne and Splatoon
>>
>>318739887
What bothers me is the fact this character is just a representation of what the author jerks off.

I felt a bit weird when I saw it and I checked Google and go like "oh, yeah, I see...."
>>
I want to shoot everyone in the head who calls undertale a "meme game" for further destroying the usage of the word meme

meme =/= joke

You can call it out for having shitty humour that gets recycled to death by faggots but just screaming "meme" without any context is fucking retarded, like it means anything
>>
>>318740097
And? Stop pursecuting him. He needs to be tolerated despite his autism!
>>
Maybe it's my old-man reflexes or the seizure-inducing bullet patterns, but goddamn some of that shit is near-impossible to dodge.
>>
>>318739887
>>318740097
IIRC that character was added as a fan request
>>
I'm currently fighting Undyne and I can say I'm disappointed with the game.
>>
>>318740097
>what the author jerks off
>forcefully put into the game since someone tossed 1,000 some-odd dollars the authors way
>Hidden in a secret area where you have set you computers clock 8 hours late of the specified time.
I'm pretty sure that's not true, senpai
>>
>>318740696
The only thing I found hard to dodge were some Flowey attacks and one from Undyne the Undying. So yes, it's your old man reflexes
>>
>>318740738
Nah, he paid to have his OC furry to be in the game during the game's Kickstarter campaign. It's not some insignificant sum either; he paid ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS for the privilege.
>>
>>318735792
It got shilled harder than fallout 4 and MSG V.
>>
>>318740859
I mean the author of the So Sorry not Toby
>>
>>318735792
Great game. Great soundtrack.
Absolutely disgusting fanbase and anti-fanbase. Like, some of the worsts I've seen yet.
>>
>>318740992
>worst fanbases always tend to be ones centered in anthro characters
>/v/ for some reason cannot see this and insists disliking furries is some evil meme we have outgrown

Sonic, MLP, Pokemon, Undertale....But no one ever notices the common factor they all share?
>>
>>318740738
Guy paid a thousand bucks on kickstarter to have his "butter dragon" fursona put into the game, so Toby took it and shoved it off an invisible path and made the fight accessible only once a year for one hour.
>>
>>318735792
No one who actually likes the game posts about it anymore, so you're better off not asking.

overall people liked it, it was fun and interesting.
>>
>>318740893
Toby should have rejected it.

>inb4 he can't
ALL proposed additions should be subjected to the approval of the games creator. This is basic shit.
>>
>Told the game is objectively great
>to this day it is the only game in my life I have ever asked to return because I thought it was anathema to fun
It wasn't even that it was bad persay, it was just utterly boring. Anthro characters are also a massive negative for me so I had no way to get attached to anyone.
>>
>>318740948
WELL FUCK ME THEN
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.