[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Witcher 3 has gay character >said character actually talks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 27
File: mislav the hunter.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mislav the hunter.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
>Witcher 3 has gay character
>said character actually talks about how he is persecuted for being gay
>/v/ doesn't bitch and whine about muh SJW conspiracy

Why? What made this any different than your usual suspects?
>>
sure i'll bight.
hes not part of a main quest line, and he only says hes gay when the player probes him for information.
hes really a werewolf
>>
>>318733260
This.

I'm playing borderlands the pre sequel and nearly every character keeps saying they are gay, over and over, for no reason whatsoever.
>>
File: Arcade_Gannon.jpg (472 KB, 982x702) Image search: [Google]
Arcade_Gannon.jpg
472 KB, 982x702
>>318733118
Hey its all fine and dandy to have a raging fudge packing gaylord as a character but try to expand outside of this in terms of personality, ambitions and dreams instead of being a one trick pony of "lol I gargle sweaty balls and cock omg so fucken gay!:
>>
>>318733374
wait was he also gay?
>>
I don't have a problem with gay people in vidya or real life if their personality and identity is more than just "hey i like dudes and suck cock and that's my whole identity"
>>
>>318733118
>have to use jedi mind tricks to make him reveal that he's fabulous
smhtbqhw/ufam
>>
>>318733118
>>said character actually talks about how he is persecuted for being gay
you said it yourself
no SJWing going on
>>
>>318733118

Optional character whose being gay was very minor aspect of his characterization. The subject came up and was discussed naturally and his persecution made sense given the location. Then it never came up again
>>
>>318733374
>hes not part of a main quest line
He is. The game intends for you to speak to him and the herbalist.
>>
Because he's a character that is gay, not a gay character.
>>
File: moonmoon.jpg (797 KB, 1506x1645) Image search: [Google]
moonmoon.jpg
797 KB, 1506x1645
People on /v/ keep saying how gay characters from [video game they don't like] prattle on and on about how gay they are. I've ignored almost every popular AAA release in the last 5 years, is this actually a thing that happens or are you guys just blowing one or two mentions about sexuality out of the water?
>>
CDPR didn't go out and try to make themselves sound like some mightier than thou progressive, they had a character who happened to be gay and didn't feel like they had to promote how cultured they are like some other devs that try to act like having a gay character in their game is something that should be applauded
>>
>>318733118
If their sexuality isn't their cardinal personality trait, I don't give a fuck.

It's not like you have to do an entire questline to make his dad love and accept him after disowning him.
>>
>>318733118

His story and personality doesn't revolve around him being gay.
>>
File: 1448575805259.jpg (25 KB, 500x582) Image search: [Google]
1448575805259.jpg
25 KB, 500x582
>>318733118
I'm okay with games having a narrative that allows homosexuality. Undertale did it too. As long as you aren't pretentious (ex. Gone Home) and the game is good it's fine. If you're ramming your message down the players throat then you can expect to get bashed for being a cunt.
>>
File: STEVE.jpg (80 KB, 1191x671) Image search: [Google]
STEVE.jpg
80 KB, 1191x671
>>318733835
Maybe.
>>
Let's say we have a character that murdered everyone for no reason, said fuck you a lot, and was a homosexual.

If the game presents them as someone cool and mary sue's the shit out of them, then you know you're playing a bioware or shit tier indie game. A lesser game, if you will
>>
>>318733118
>are u a werewolf?i can deal with that m8 no prob-
>i suck dicks
>oh..

it was a good scene
>>
>>318733835
>is this actually a thing that happens or are you guys just blowing one or two mentions about sexuality out of the water?
It does not take a psych degree to come to the correct conclusion.
>>
>>318733835
See Borderlands >>318733465 and Dragon Age >>318733875
>>
>>318733913

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k2U9KgnOTs

Obligatory
>>
>>318733835
It's /v/ so take a guess.

It's mostly Bioware that does it.
>>
>>318733118
>Be a fag
>Get hanged
I don't get what's wrong
>>
>>318733835
I'm super gay and really it needs to stop
>>
>>318733835
Please don't ever play a 2010+ Bioware game, or Borderlands for that matter. I want to protect your innocence.
>>
>>318733704
And the game give you option to know about his gayness or not, it's actually okay in game to add gay character as long as it didn't remind you every time you talk to that character

I like how rogue legacy depict gay character too
>>
>>318733913
Is that the faggot that kept crying on and on about his dead husband on earth?
I honestly tried to be as comforting and friendly to this guy as humanely possible only for him to go full gay on me. I was not impressed
>>
>>318733835
Are you kidding me? They can't even sell AAA western games anymore unless there's representation for each and every special snowflake group you can think of.
>>
is there any game with romances that let's you make a gay character go straight? like, not 'ambiguously cold character warms up to you', I mean literally a lesbian or gay guy wants your heterosexual to each scenario dick/vagina?
>>
>>318733835
When has /v/ not blown something out of proportion? Quit being stupid.
>>
>>318733118
>be gay
>destroy entire noble house and region because gay affair

actually this is the most realistic depiction of gay in medieaval era, not bioware whitewashed safespace gay
>>
File: 1426137987222.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1426137987222.gif
3 MB, 300x225
>>318733465
Having never played the pre-sequel but knowing Birch, this statement makes me laugh so hard.
>>
>>318734135
Katawa Shoujo :^)
>>
>>318733965
The only one I noticed was Janey and she later hooks up with Athena in that Telltale game.

What were the others.
>>
>>318734061
I was just refuting that he is an optional character.

I guess technically he is optional, since you can find the griffin attack site without him, just like the herb you need. But since the game tells you to see him for information its a safe assumption that he was designed to be encountered.
>>
>>318734074
>OMG I WAS NICE TO THEM AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY WERE HUMPING MY LEG

Welcome to Bioware, that's how EVERY romanceable character is.
>>
>>318733118
Because he has a real backstory and numerous other defining character traits than just "lol, I'm so gay!"? Seriously, you can finish the quest without ever learning he likes willies and you must actually push to learn that. As opposed to every other vidya gays who start all their dialogues with "have I've mentioned already I'm gay?"
>>
Does he try and romance geralt when he acts nice to him?

Does he shove his gay in geralts face whenever hes not talking about the story?

No, you want to know why? because hes a well written character. Yes it is obnoxiously overdone these days and it is obvious they're trying to get brownie points, but its a fun story element to look into.
>>
>>318734008
I've been living in the same house as a FtM tranny and come to know 2 others personally. For that definition of "innocence" I'm probably far off the deep end.

None of them are tumblrs so I'm not at all bothered t b h
>>
>>318733118
>it's an optional quest
>you can tell him to go fuck himself after you learn of his illness.

Seems fine to me, nothing to bitch about here.
>>
1 minor character in a cast of hundreds is gay and persecuted for it in a setting where it actually makes sense he would be and this information isn't forced into the player's face and isn't even required to do the only quest the character is involved in.
>>
>>318733835
It's /v/ bro.
>>
>>318734074
Welcome to BioWare, where being nice is equal to being mutually in love.
I personally blame them for rising entire generation of "friendzoned" kids who can't get over the fact they've showed some basic human decency to somebody and didn't end up in bed.
>>
>>318734112
Fallout 4 is a pretty big game and an AAA RPG on top of that. Companions may be bisexual, but that isn't even touched on or made part of their character, and I haven't seen a single character talk about themselves being gay.

You sure m8?
>>
>>318733118
Except his entire character isn't "I'm gay". Sure, him being gay was the cause of the situation he was in, but other than that he's just a cool hunter dude.
>>
>>318733118
There were a few threads complaining about it when TW3 first came out, as well as a thread or two about that cross-dressing Elf Elihal or whatever his name was.

That said, the reason there were comparitively few threads about OP post is because he was a small character, the entire thing was more or less glossed over, and although I'm a little hazy on it, I think you have to specifically quiz him about it to get him to open up about it.

Also, this >>318733930
>>
>>318734369
Right. Video games caused that.

i understand this is an attempt at humor, but for fucks sake try harder.
>>
File: 8wYOL91tec.gif (458 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
8wYOL91tec.gif
458 KB, 333x250
>>318734393
>Fallout 4
>RPG
Sorry, you've lost me
>>
>>318734393
Wait, they pulled a bioware by making everyone bi?
>>
>>318734410
what character in a game /v/ complains about is based on the fact that he is gay?

I remember everyone bitched about vega in mass effect, but he only told you he was gay if you tried to romance him
>>
>>318734447
Hey, it's just a silly joke based on extrapolation...

... and it's influential anyway, so it's not completely bullshit to say BioWare is one of numerous factors of this entire "If you are nice, you deserve sex" retardation
>>
>witcher movies are confirmed to be based on the books and are coming out in 2017

Can't wait for the hot steamy lesbian rape scene to happen to Ciri.

>>318734417
Kek, Elihal was hilarious.
>>
>>318734564
Yeah but there's literally no difference in the "romance"
Same lines. Same outcomes.
>rpg
that's just lying really
>>
>>318733118
>gay people in gaming
fuck fuck fuck of all thing why must it plague this genre goddamn. but if it must come to this i rather they get their own sub genre
>GRPG official in 2016
>>
>>318734213
I think the point of that video was to show how stupid those reactions were
>>
>>318734564
They've pulled Bethesda by having everyone bi, so it doesn't make a difference if you are playing as chick or dude, as everything remains the same.

Seriously, the only difference gender makes is which gender will receive extra damage from you, making a chick a better choice, as most of your enemies will be dudes and that 15% more damage is useful after a while
>>
>>318734564
Anyone that can be romanced is player-sexual. All the romance dialogue is either ambiguous or 'man' is swapped to 'girl' and vice versa. None of the characters really reference being bisexual, gay or straight.

At least, from what I remember. Piper's romance stuff is cute.
>>
>>318734393
>RPG
>>
File: zcdgD[1].jpg (667 KB, 2029x2186) Image search: [Google]
zcdgD[1].jpg
667 KB, 2029x2186
>>318734447

Someone's new.
>>
>>318733118
His dad doesn't use demon magic to cure him.
>>
>>318734204
>be me
>Hear about Katawa Shoujo, don't know shit about it
>Really bored, download itA
>Play it
>Realize I'm playing a weeb game, uninstall, try to forget everything
>Start playing Undertale
>>
>>318734593
That phenomenon has been around for decades. Video games have had nothing to do with it.

As a 26 y/o virgin who had a typical >imagine whole life with some girl because she was nice around me moment

I dont need terrible romance in video games to show me that life doesnt work that way.
>>
>>318734607
>Implying they will last that long
>Implying it won't be a massive flop, where the film is already set by execs and everyone related with it as a massive failure to dump in January into cinemas
I mean come on. Have you read who is doing the script? What is the experience of the director? What is their budget? It will be amazing if this film will be ever made, not to mention not turning into a piece of shit.
>>
is witcher 3 playable storywise without playing witcher 2

I played witcher 1 and don't remember the story at all and I have no interest in witcher 2
>>
>>318734715
>Picking any other companion than the dog
It's like you hate yourself and like to listen someone's bitching all the time, not to mention constant maintaince of bullet reserve.
And don't get me started how dog is superior by pure mechanics, granting you shitload of bonuses, as it doesn't make Lone Wanderer perk defunct
>>
>>318733835
Bioware seems to have a thing these days for beating you over the head about how gay and progressive everything is
>>
>>318734837
20-30 million and yeah it's a long shot but who knows they might just pull it off.
>>
>>318734935
Each of them is fully playable without doing the previous games. Sure, it's better to know the previous game, but that's just minor stuff going in the background.

Said that, it's really good to read the books before playing TW3. Still not mandatory, but it GREATLY helps to get into the story from the first minute, instead of entire prologue and few hours after that.
>>
>>318734935
The 2nd pretty vital to 3, barring that having read the books or at least knowing about the 2 "new" female characters will help.
>>
>>318734935
Absolutely.
You get an explanation of things as you go. Totally playable.

I get the impression a lot of characters + events are more tied to the books than the previous games, bar the general political climate after the second game (Which you get a perfectly fine idea of over the course of the game)

Got about 40 hours in it or so atm and I didn't finish either W1 or 2.
>>
>>318735046
Honestly I thought the books were more important to the story in the third game then the first two games were.
>>
File: unhappycat.jpg (4 KB, 160x130) Image search: [Google]
unhappycat.jpg
4 KB, 160x130
>>318734074
That's typical Bioshit romances, friend.

>say the obviously and clearly marked "nice thing"
>AWKWARD CLOTHED FUCKING
>that's it that's your reward you fanficfuckface
>>
The thing is that Borderlands and modern Bioware games are poorly written to begin with, so it's not a shock that they can't handle the representation of minorities well either.

/v/ just likes to exaggerate and claim that "obnoxious gays" are somehow an industry-wide plague.
>>
>>318735067
Yeah, W3 is far more book related. I don't think the first two games even mention Ciri.
>>
File: 1447625735882.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447625735882.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>318734949
>Not picking Dance
>Not letting Dance soak up damage like a tank

Danse or Piper didn't complain at all. I think they enjoyed me nuking the Institute, really.

>Picking the dog
>>
>>318735352
I was pretty pissed when my floating robot butler set off a land mine.
>>
>>318735023
Mate, let me then list all the things that already are fucked
>The director is an absolutely average animator, who is only big in Poland and only because he did a technically impressive animation 15 years ago that now every single kid could do in few days
>Script writer is a hack working for TV series, aka a person with lackluster skill at writing
>The budget is 22 mills for production and 1 mill for marketing; so the film is low budget fantasy with no marketing at all
>The studio backed down from their intial 40 mill budget, meaning they lack confidence into the film
>All those combined gives a cheap, expandable film that can be thrown into cinemas during dump months and even if won't turn any profit in, will still be affordable to try and woo it's target audience
>Literally nobody cares in the production team
>They are making this film already for two years and the director barely secured the deal with the studio
>There are still no plans for locations
>Not to mention casting
>With this budget, they will hire random no-bodies
>As a cherry topping, Vin Diesel already did a vanity project of Last Witch Hunter, which is pretty much fanfic-tier inspiration; it failed miserably, hurting future sales of the brand
>When the film will be released (if ever made), the target audience will long forgot about the games

In short - an impossible project that has zero chance to succeed. And by the way - there is already a film adaptation of Witcher. It was done under almost identical circumstances. It's horrible.
But at least the TV series was decent, given it's budget and restrictions put by books author
>>
>>318733260
This!
>>
He had one line and then was never seen again.
Where's the problem?
>>
>>318733965
That scream from every companion.
I never noticed it, but that's horrible.
>>
>>318735352
Dogmeat is the bees fucking knees later in the game

He become retardedly overpowered if you invest in his perks
>>
>>318735578
>implying that's not enough to trigger /v/
>>
>>318735352
You are aware followers are immortal, right? They are out of fight for about 5 seconds. Besides, who cares if I'm sneak-killing everything on my way? The dog exists solely as extra 100 pounds of carry weight, while not requiring any maintaince and not breaking the sneaking
>>
>>318733118
>fits the theme of the world
>doesn't throw it in your face unless you dig into it
>>
File: It's a Yen gets naked episode.jpg (25 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
It's a Yen gets naked episode.jpg
25 KB, 1024x576
>>318735523
P-please give me some hope. The Hexer series is decent but the oc sucked. Yen's actress tits were a 10/10.
>>
>>318735351
She's mentioned in both I think.
At least in 1.
>>
Unfortunately, because we're in such low numbers, gay characters are almost always used to pander to our demographic. Nobody can write a gay character because nobody wants to, they just want to cram him in to get the gay audience.
Most games don't even need gay characters. Unless there's a romance mechanic, or it's part of a plotline, then I don't really see the point of putting on in.
>>
>>318735352
Let me guess... you didn't invest into Attack Dog perk, because who would pick some stupid dog, right?
Or Lone Wanderer, which still is "on" when you are assisted by Dogmeat.

The dog is THE most powerful NPC in the game. And it's not saying a single word nor can't be confused with any other character on the battlefield.
>>
>one side character who you encounter for five minutes max has a single line about being gay that he only says if you press the issue
You can't even come up with a reason for why that's an issue, it's all contrarianism with you. I remember when retards like you tried to equate it to DA:I and their main characters whose entire selling point was that they were flamboyant homos.
>>
>>318733118
Ill give you a hint

/v/ never played it
>>
>>318735815
Not by name but she is mentioned in the first game.
>>
>>318735814
Sadly her tits were the only good thing about her...

... and you don't want to know how she looks now, 14 years later
>>
File: 1435150939099.jpg (150 KB, 575x523) Image search: [Google]
1435150939099.jpg
150 KB, 575x523
>/pol/ bitches about minorities and actually downtrodden groups bitching and feeling persecuted
>meanwhile /pol/ and /v/ are always acting like the victim in situations and whining that the media and modern society is keeping the white man down

Politics sure are retarded.
>>
>>318733118
Okay, real talk for a second, what kind of name is Florian? You're basically signing a contract stating the kid will be gay as hell if you name them that.

Fuck, I'm pretty sure that was the name of the gay choir boy eunuch from that one LOGH.
>>
Witcher has tons of gay/bi characters m8.
Philippa is the only one who's really defined by it, though that's more her hatred towards men than her being lesbian.
You don't see Triss going on and on about the nights she spent eating owl-pussy.
>>
>>318735992
>dumb frogposter
>not an /r9k/ faggot

Huh, I guess you aren't all terrible
>>
>>318735992
I wouldn't paint the 2nd most trafficed board with anything nearly as broad as what you just did.
>>
File: 1448342114063.jpg (113 KB, 672x891) Image search: [Google]
1448342114063.jpg
113 KB, 672x891
>>318735898
No, why the hell would I. I don't want to use a single companion for the entirety of the game Even if they are topdog.

First playthrough I used Codsworth, Piper, Nick and then Danse.
>>
File: 1411093891998-1.jpg (22 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1411093891998-1.jpg
22 KB, 184x184
Witcher is fun and is a very sexy game that's not afraid to show tits and ass. Their agenda is one of actual equality and tolerance, not the bullshit authoritarian nightmare masquerading as 'equality' of SJWs, so it gets a pass.
>>
>>318733835
The latter. Any slight mention of a topic /v/ does not like is akin to raping them and forcing your ideals on them. Except when /v/ does it, and does it ten times worse, then it's fine!
>>
>>318736007
Kek I forgot about Triss's owl eating adventure.
>>
>>318736007
That's because Triss is too busy wanting Geralt's dick.
>>
>>318735993
You are aware it's pretty popular name in Central and South-Eastern Europe? And Saint Florian is a badass patron saint of firefighters and badasses in general?
>>
>>318736074
Why? /v/ is massively /pol/ oriented and largely follows a super far right win rhetoric. I don't find this arguable, people will stop painting with board brushes when they do not apply.
>>
File: scarn.jpg (66 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
scarn.jpg
66 KB, 399x382
>>318736091
>shows grandma tits while Ciri is wrapped up in a towel

Based CDPR
>>
>>318733118
There's a difference
>Average Bioware gay character
Oh geez you silly goose, I just love men and I want everyone to know that.
>This guy
He tries to hide it and its actually frowned upon, just how it usually is. He also doesn't go out of his way to spew all of his gayness at you.
>>
>>318736220
Are you legitimately going to claim that the loudest minority is in fact the majority? On 4chan of all fucking places?

/v/ is reactionary because those said chuckle fucks can't stop spreading spreading their bullshit to every single board possible?

Like how new are you?
>>
>>318735815
She's mentioned in 2 as part of a cut scene or two where Geralt gets his memories back, but she's far from any kind of focus. More just explaining the ending of the books.
>>
>>318736081
>Finally searching for Nick
>Meeting him in person
>Pretty cool character, probably the first one that didn't instantly rub me the wrong way
>He's absolutely shit in combat
>Fucking hell

Sorry, but in game consisting in 95% of killing things and 5% of walking toward the place where you have to kill them, this is a serious issue if a follower isn't a great combatant. Dance was ultra shit, Piper is so annoying I never even bothered with her, accidently hired Hancock (and then had to search for dog for half hour) and the only reason I've bothered with MacReady was his game-breaking perk - then I've instantly dumped his useless ass
>>
Isn't it kind of a key part of modern adult fantasy to have gays?
Gotta have a gay sex scene, a rape scene and a child murder scene. Otherwise it's not adult enough.
>>
>>318733118
Probably because the few there were (that came out and talked about it anyway) are low key. They bring it up when it's relevant to what you're talking about, and it isn't constant sjw bullshit like in some games (gone homo for instance). He has an actual story and character instead of being a cutout of a stereotype some minority on the internet demands (and then doesn't care about).

He also doesn't come right out of the gates trying to suck your dick, and you aren't a villain for turning him away (looking at you DA 2 you great big shit).
>>
>>318736074
Cute coming from the board that paints everyone with a broad brush

>If you don't support me you're AN SJW!
>TUMBLR!
>SHILL!
>All muslims are terrorists! all liberals are SJWs!

etc etc
>>
>>318733118
because people actually don't give a fuck.

it's a non-existent "issue"

nobody actually fucking cares about SJW or anti-SJW
>>
>>318736428
If that's what make game "adult", then Witcher isn't an adult game
>>
>>318736370
Are you really trying to argue that they are not the majority?

I don't think you should accuse people of being new when it's blatantly obvious you do not frequent the board. The pro-right "REEE SJW" shit is non-stop here.
>>
>>318736117
I like it in a way, since it rolls off the tongue nicely. I'm just saying I'm not sure what that lord was expecting since he was the one who gave him that name. He was asking for it.
>>
The difference is this is a believable scenario given the game's environment and politics.

The way SJWs do it is they make up obnoxiously contrived scenarios that aren't believable in order to make a political statement.
>>
>>318736462
Look at all that shit that isn't video games. And not regurgitated cross board shit posting.
>>
>>318735578
This is a board that was triggered by LiS for all eternity because the stupid character the game sets you up to hate said that "men shouldn't have guns"

Also the board that began hating overwatch due to a muscle girl Russian
>>
>>318736428
>Isn't it kind of a key part of modern adult fantasy to have gays?

Don't confuse fantasy as a genre and your personal fantasies.
>>
>>318736508
I'm just pointing to the fact that adult fantasy these days has to cram in as much mature shit as possible. Game of Thrones is nothing but edgy 'mature' crap.
>>
>>318736462

Is this a bot?

Talks like one.
>>
>>318736375
I don't recall that conversation from 2. What does she tell?
Is it just the regular "all sorceresses go through first being turbosluts, then lesbian, then only date other mages/sorceresses"-schtick?
>>318736307
Ciri is a better example of gay/bi done right. When she was with Mistle even the other rats looked down upon it, but kind of accepted it until Ciri woke up screaming and they thought it was cause lewd.
>>
>>318736571
>thread about SJWs
>vidya
c'mon son
>>
File: vipermyboy.jpg (35 KB, 480x453) Image search: [Google]
vipermyboy.jpg
35 KB, 480x453
>>318736098
Show of hands, /v/.

>has trouble accepting any representation of a minority/female character
>complains about video games more than they play them
>needs to insert internet drama into everything
>commonly uses logical fallacies in arguments
>generally blows things way out of proportion

Who here has realized you're posting on a literal SJW board?
>>
>>318733118
In case you didn't realize it already anon, W3 is only discussed by CDPR drones, it's a shit game with some of the dumbest writing this year and no one would legitimately claim this shite is great.
>>
>>318736569
>Absolutely normal name
>HURR THAT SOUNDS GAY DURR
Calm your tits, junior
>>
>>318736674
Did you respond to the wrong person because your question doesn't make sense.
>>
>>318733118
>character only tells you about it if you press him for it
>he's clearly uncomfortable about it
>it ties into the backstory of the area
>the noonwraith-chick got killed for taunting the lord about his gay son killing himself
>>
>Witcher 3
>its a story about the wild hunt with love as a sidequest
>triss and yennifer will be in it

>dragon age
>LOOK AT ALL OF OUR CHARACTERS, AS WE REVEAL THEM ONE BY ONE
>HELLO IM DORIAN, FABULOUS DARLING, LOOK AT ME GET FRONT PAGE COVERAGE FOR BEING AMAZINGLY PROGRESSIVE FOR HAVING THE LITERALLY AND FACTUALLY FIRST EVER HOMOSEXUAL IN VIDEOGAMES
>IM SERA, AN UGLY AND SUPER EDGY RANGER ELF THING
>HEY GUYS, LOOK AT THIS! A BLACK WOMAN!
>LETS RELEASE A CHART ABOUT ROMANCES! ON SAID CHART, YOU WILL BE SHOWN WHICH CHARACTERS CAN BE FUCKED BY WHICH PROTAG RACES AND GENDERS! WHOOOAA WE HAVE STRICT HETERO, LESBIAN AND GAY ROMANCES! PROGRESSIVE! XDD RIDE THE BULL COMEDY THEY WALK IN ON YOU AND THE BULL MAKES A JOKE ABOUT YOU GETTING FUCKED IN THE ASS

>witcher 3 releases
>learn tons of new and cool things
>run into gays, trannies
>they're well written so who cares and they arent a major part of the advertising for the game
>Dragon Age
>all that effort pushing romances and progressiveness and literally less than a quarter of people playing the game even fucked anyoneor finished the game and all of the dlcs, most DLCs, when looking at cheevos, show that around 1-2% of people who bought them bothered to uh, finish them, so you know, there you go..
>>
>>318736613
It's not mature shit. It's not even "mature" shit. It's just shit that exists for shock value. Shock value that gets blunt the very moment everyone is using it and using it on constant basis.
>>
>>318736597
>Began hating overwatch due to a muscle girl Russian
No, there are no issues with a muscle girl Russian, the problem was (hilariously but understandably) with the retarded special snowflake haircut in what was allegedly a serious combatant. /v/ has long since given up on that sentiment as Overwatch has been doing much worse since then, and Overwatch has joined Loonytunes in that regard.
>>
>>318736896
That's exactly what I am saying, my friend.
>>
File: 317.png (90 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
317.png
90 KB, 500x501
>>318736785
>>
>>318734195

Sarah Michelle Geller is a cute! Cute!
>>
>>318736569
It's almost as if different names can be popular in different cultures.
>>
>>318736937
Do you really not get how being upset about a hair color is retarded? And how wanting the devs to change it is SJW behavior?

The world does not need to appeal to /v/. There was no issue with zarya, it was objectively /v/ being retarded.
>>
>>318736748
Christ this. At this point I find /v/ way more insufferable than SJWs. Atleast I don't ACTUALLY have to talk to SJWs daily.
>>
>>318736674
Not a conversation, just a cut scene. Geralt mentions Ciri taking him and Yenn after they died the first time. It is a very small part.
>>
>>318736638
Anyone against the hivemind groupthink is likely some negative force trying to destroy the /v/ we founded in 2012
>>
>>318733835
In Borderlands TPS the first character you meet when reaching the planet reminds you they're gay twice in the first 5 minutes of meeting her.

It's sad the story was so shit, personally I think the gameplay was drastically improved with the space physics and laser weapons (didn't do much for the bullet sponges though).
>>
>>318736748
4chan is the exact same shit as tumblr.
>>
Is there any fantasy setting more deserving of a game series than The Witcher?
No?
Didn't think so.

Learn your place.
>>
File: 1440440627891.gif (4 MB, 298x150) Image search: [Google]
1440440627891.gif
4 MB, 298x150
>>318734195
Reminder you are not Anthony Birch
>>
>>318737265
Didn't used to be. 4chan was always bad but it's now a totally different type of bad that does not appeal to the people who came here years ago. Effectively, certain groups did what SJWs did and took over a site that did not appeal to them and made it appeal to them, because they could not accept not everything needs to be for them.

Now this same group bitches about other groups doing the same exact same thing they did, as if they have a right to complain. 90% of the time it's newfags screaming that people not adhereing to memes from 2013 must themselves be new because 4chan was always the way it is now.

And the world keeps spinnin.
>>
>>318737154
You don't have to talk to people here either.
>>
>>318736886
>I've never played DA: I
You do realize you can tell just about every single one to fuck off? And the romance isn't really shoved in at all unless you choose that path. you can even kill the transgender fuckwit
>>
Gay character in TW3:
>I got kicked out of town for being gay.
>Okay that's too bad.

Gay character in Bioware game
>I got kicked out of town for being gay. Did I mention I was gay. I love dicks.
>How dare they! We must slaughter/talk to everyone in town until they agree to give you a mansion and all the boipucci you want!
>>
>>318737540
That's sort of the point of a board, anon. The difference is SJWs do not come here. Crazy /pol/ tards do, so the /pol/tards are more insufferable.
>>
>>318735352
It's Danse. With an S.
>>
File: this ride has only just begun.jpg (9 KB, 236x157) Image search: [Google]
this ride has only just begun.jpg
9 KB, 236x157
You're REALLY gonna start all this shit up again?! you can't just let sleeping dogs lie?! you can't just let em hate the couple of companies to keep them placated?! You just can't resist the urge to stir up the retard hornets nest?! PLEASE! STOP! I WANNA GET OFF!!!
>>
>>318737264
Is it really that bad? I know Anthony Burch has gone completely over the deep end, but there has to be some redeeming factors.
>>
>>318733118
/v/ has NEVER had a problem with well done gay characters

Just because we don't like SJWs doesn't make us jackboot wearin natsocs
>>
>>318737553
>you will never be the Grand Duke of Boipuccy
>you will never live in a grand mansion atop the hill
>you will never have a selection of thousands of fresh, juicy boipuccies, ripe for the taking
>the secret twist at the end is that you are the one with the boipuccy
Why even live?
>>
>>318737848
>/v/ has NEVER had a problem with well done gay characters
Old /v/ didn't. New /v/ does because new /v/ is super paranoid and reactionary and see's ANYTHING appealing to SJWs as a sign of their influence and power, and thus something that must be destroyed.

Old /v/ didn't care about a lot of things neo /v/ does. Old /v/ was far more chilled and, while full of shitposting, it was shitposting for fun rather than "shitposting to turn the world back to the 1940's"

>Just because we don't like SJWs doesn't make us jackboot wearin natsocs
Look in some of the threads. All of /v/ isn't that but I can't vcall the "jackboot natsoc" fags a minority here anymore. This board is just /pol/ with vidya ocassionally.
>>
>>318737848
>we
Fuck off liberal shitter
Mentally ill people should be put down like dogs or at least be used for manual labor with no pay
>>
>>318737989
>muh /v/ is a conservative board!
>>
>>318737978
Fuck right off, nobody on /v/ complained about the gay in the witcher 3, and arcade gannon is universally praised on here. Posting memes like "WE WUZ KINGZ" doesn't make you a natsoc, and O'd say there's FAR more SJWs than Natsocs on /v/.
>>
>>318733118
I dunno, maybe that the writing wasn't shit and the guy seemed like an actual person who had actual problems? Maybe because he wasn't an anachronistic raging faggot of the sort invented in the 1960s by neo-marxists to turn homosexuality from a fetish into a voting demographic?

I'm as gay as six buffalo on a stage at eurovision. Trust me on this one, "gay" isn't actually gay, it's a scene invented by a bunch of dykes to convince otherwise perfectly sensible men that they had something in common with degenerate, disgusting manhating marxist feminists like Dworkin. You do not sprout feathers and a lisp just because you like bears, you DO produce those things when you bite the Leftist hook.
>>
>>318738196
Then I legitimately do not believe you browse /v/ if you can actually come to that conclusion when, just by browsing any thread, you can see the overwhelming majority promotes a super conservative mindset and gets triggered if it isn't followed

Also please note arcade gannon is from a 5 year old game and is not relevant to what I am discussing, which is current /v/. A board that flipped out over Zarya, flipped out over Indivisible having black characters etc

You can pretend you're all totally reasonable people who don't act this way but considering I have been here and observed it daily for 2 years now, you aren't going to sway my opinions. So your denial is for nothing but show.
>>
>>318737546

I have 58 hours in it atm. You can tell people to fuck off, sure, but you would be losing out on content.

Also, cumslut, I was referring soley to the fact that they pimped these shit characters out for advertising fodder first and foremost, eh?
>>
>>318737824
She makes it pretty clear she's a lesbian aussie who has a sad backstory pretty early on.
Then you abandon her and only return for the odd quest.
Also, I'm sure you've seen this one floating around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F91YQg9INWg

As far as the story goes, I don't think there's any redeeming factors, it's either mediocre or shit.
>>
>>318738196
>O'd say there's FAR more SJWs than Natsocs on /v/.
You are easily trolled. I have never seen an SJW on /v/. Just people /v/ claims is SJW because they didn't agree with what /v/ said. SJW is the new reddit or "fedora" here
>>
File: 1448856872090.jpg (83 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1448856872090.jpg
83 KB, 480x480
>>318738354
>I have my opinion and nothing you say can dissuade me from it

Does it bother you that your argumentation strategy hinges on us being more open-minded than you?
>>
>>318738487
When my opinion is based on personal experience and your only counter to it is dsomething that goes against my direct personal experience, so it either didn't happen or you are lying, what did you expect? Can you prove any of your claims? No? Then why would I believe it?

I guess we're up with what that one anon said

>resorts to fallacies when losing
>>
>>318733118
Given the time period, he would've been persecuted.
>>
>>318738439
>>318738354
>I've never seen an SJW on /v/
>/v/ is full of far right bigots!
>I've been here two whole years, I'm an oldfag!

You guys could not be anymore transparent right now, god damn.
>>
I was kinda worried about Elihal. Turns out to be a pretty cool guy, and surprisingly not gay...

But the whole series is pretty good about keeping sexuality under wraps, not letting orientation dictate the characters themselves. The most out there thing was the spanking Phillipa gave Cynthia.
>>
>>318738610
Where did I say I was here 2 years? I made a reference to time, you assumed the was my length here. Your bad

>/v/ is full of right wingers
Are you really saying ti isn't? Come on. Try saying you're a left winger or liberal here or that you don't agree with overall racist opinions or with /pol/'s shit, see how it goes for you

>I have seen an SJW on /v/
Again, you are likely easily trolled.
>>
Gay characters are okay, if they shut up about being gay unless specifically asked, I like the devs, and the game has tons of boobies
>>
>>318734393
It's not a RPG but you'd be right if not for:
>that one guy from Sanctuary that keeps bitching how he miss "him" in bac
kground dialogue
>not only every humanoid companion js bi,but they have nothibg against poly relationships and bethesda was making great deal about it.
It waa actually funny when it turned out it was just a marketing ploy to justify using same recorded dialogues for interaction with PC of both genders and each companions not even aknowledging that they are keked.

Classic Bethesda
>>
>>318733118
Well, because devs made a joke about it in the game. Haven't you played it? And hunter's confusion was priceless when Geralt asks him about curse etc..
>>
>>318739054
Far right=/=right wing
Posting epic memes =/= racism
Being against mass immigration =/= racism

Ur an faget
>>
File: 292030_2015-05-19_00088.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
292030_2015-05-19_00088.png
2 MB, 1600x900
It gives context to a different quest in the same region without being directly linked to it. If you skip a few steps in the Devil in the Well and go straight to the village in White Orchard which is being haunted, the destruction you find and the partially destroyed diary of the dead woman Claer paints an obvious picture of a tyrannical lord tricking his escaped peasants into thinking he's changed, so he can kill them for taking away his favourite fucktoy.

Then it turns out that the lord was driven mad with grief by the suicide of his son shortly after one of his servants revealed to him that he was taking it up the ass from Mislav. He did become tyrannical, but it's possible that he had changed and the picture of specific victimhood which the destroyed diary paints of Claer is actually just generalised shitty acts by the lord. If you then speak to the local herbalist about the dead woman, she says that the lord had in fact come to the village to talk, but that changed when Claer said "something" about his son.

Talking to people, reading lore and overhearing things gives you context for quests to help you avoid jumping to unsatisfactory conclusions which could fuck over a region or get people killed without you meaning to. That happens a lot if you take quests at face value or just follow the red markers.
>>
>>318733875
>If their sexuality isn't their cardinal personality trait, I don't give a fuck.
Meanwhile /v/ fucking loves Yuru Yuri
>>
>>318733118

Because he's just a gay guy suffering from gay guy things as opposed to some sort of messiah like they're usually depicted.
>>
>>318733118
The fact that the game wasn't marketed around its containment of homosexual characters unlike a certain other RPG released this year.
>>
>>318739457
>as opposed to some sort of messiah like they're usually depicted

Name 3 messianic gay characters in vidya
>>
>>318737196

Just restarted a Witcher 2 game yesterday. Ciri isn't mentioned by name, only as the "mysterious ashen-haired young woman" who took Geralt's and Yennifer's bodies away from Rivia after the riot.
>>
>>318739608
Demikid
Gay Shepard
Madoka
>>
>>318733118
You have to ask him about him being gay and he has characterization beyond just being gay
Also unlike all the shitty gay characters he's not trying to jump on your dick 24/7 after saying hello to him.
>>
>>318733465
They probably meant gay as in shitty or retarded, and are therefore acknowledging that they are shitty/retarded characters
>>
>>318733118
>Why? What made this any different than your usual suspects?
I didn't actually play the game. So it was easy to talk it up. the paychecks for posting shill spam was nice too
>>
>>318739719
>Demikid
No idea so I'll give you one.
>Gay Shepard
Who can also be straight, and has a much greater chance of being since he couldn't be gay for 2 out of 3 games.|
>a fucking anime character who is never explicitly stated to be gay
Jesus fuck I've never seen someone stretch so hard.
>>
>>318733835
Mass Effect 3 was pretty much the game that got the ball rolling with hamfisted gays. You could literally just be greeting your gay team member and somehow it would lead to him wanting to have awkwardly-animated sex with you.
>>
>Witcher 3 has a gay side character
>IT'S OKAY IT'S A SIDE CHARACTER
>Pillars of Eternity has 2 lesbian mages as kickstarter fluff characters
>WOW NICE SJW GAME

Y'all hypocrites

also
>Shadowrun Hong Kong has a gay main character
>no one even notices cause it's only one line
>>
>>318734584
That was pre-neo/v/

this is neo neo/v/

shit changes
>>
>>318734935
Read the books fag
>>
>>318740135
The issue with some gay characters is that they are poorly written

What about this is so hard to understand
>>
Its fine as long as their only Trait isnt 'Im gay lol'. main example of this shitty way to handle it is Loras tyrell from GOT a whole character is boiled down to liking dick. its not Vidya but the clearest example i can think of
>>
>>318733835
First one dude.
Every big game nowadays has one Gay character an makes a huge deal out of it.
>>
>Indieshit gay character
>OH LOOK AT ME HOW GAY I AM
>EA gay character
>How gay characters should be done
>Hi, I have a well defined personality that fits the game, but being gay is not the 90% of it
>>
>>318733118
I liked it because it made sense and it wasn't made into a big fucking deal
>>
>>318740135
Dude, those characters are obviously gay as fuck. I don't think you can not notice that they're gay.

I actually still need to finish this game. I played right up the last mission hella long ago and just never finished.
>>
>>318735523
Well my dear negroid, let me break down for you why are you wrong and you have no idea how movie industry works in cases such as this:

>director is one of the best living animators/head of one of the most known european animation studio, who won an Oscar already.
>all of his live-action shorts with fraction of budget The Witcher will get looks amazing and are beautifully shot. (like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32vlOgN_3QQ or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J_Y12RqeLM)
>scriptwriter is experienced vet, also Baginski (director) has full control over the script and the movie
>budget will get bigger the closer they will get to making this movie looks like it's gonna be finished
>It's based on shortstories "The WItcher" and "Lesser Evil", both of which will not be expensive to make - they're fairly simple and focused on human character. Almost no CGI/practical effects needed, especially if it'll be shot in europe. You're either George Lucas or some other Hackson's fan if you think someone needs more than 20-30 mln
>marketing budget isn't even announced officially (as well as production budget). Also it'll rise in time.
>eastern europe and spics alone will make this movie earn much more than it's budget.
>prodution team won't be announced till next year you shitface.
>'finding locations in poland is hard'
lel
>random no-bodies being a bad thing(?), worked out well for many others like Mel Gibson
>The Witch Hunter being in any way similar or inspired by TW
you are really stupid, aren't you?
>target audience consist european and spics, not hamburgers and gamurs.
I'd be surprised if it'll be massive success, but it's obvious Baginski knows what he's doing.

>But at least the TV series was decent, given it's budget and restrictions put by books author
Holy shit, you could have write it on top of your post, I wouldn't bother to reply to mentally challenged person.
>>
>>318740676

This shit doesn't happen. You faggots overexagerate and make a big deal out of little stuff just because you don't like it.
>>
>>318741052
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/dragon-age-inquisition-to-feature-biowares-first-fully-gay-male
>>
>>318733118
Because he was a minor side quest character. Just like the guy you fucked in college.
>>
File: 1386051706873.jpg (870 KB, 986x1369) Image search: [Google]
1386051706873.jpg
870 KB, 986x1369
>>318733118

Because it's handled good, you have to pry into his personal affairs to get this information out and he only mentions it once and it's dropped.

In Bioware games the first thing that happens when you meet a gay or bi character is that they are standing on a table announcing their sexual orientation.

In conclusion Peele is Mislav while Key is whatever shit most developers cook up to please the SJW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3h6es6zh1c
>>
>>318734008
Last Bioware game I got was Mass Effect 3.
Last Borderlands was the second and it sucked donkey fuck
>>
File: 1444588844457.gif (3 MB, 278x287) Image search: [Google]
1444588844457.gif
3 MB, 278x287
>>318733118
The difference in this regard between the witcher series and much more poorly made games such as Dragon Piss:Shitquisition, is that the developers either make a big fucking deal about it (such as Bioware) because they want attention, or they don't make a big deal out if while still portraying gay people, because in the end being gay is not a wholly defining trait, and regular people who don't spend all of their time being upset about gender equality realize this.

Nobody gives a shit about what other people like to fuck except radicals and hicks.
>>
I didn't know he was gay because I stopped pushing for information.
>>
>>318741052
But it do. Bioware games are pretty much like that.
>>
>>318735713
>You are aware followers are immortal, right
that really helps when they get you killed by throwing explosives at enemies charging at you or triggering mines & traps, or just generally getting in your way while you're trying to evade enemy fire.

The companions are a detriment for anything other than packhorsing and commentary
>>
>>318733118
i thought that was very well done

i believe that he would be persecuted for it
he doesnt tell you outright, you need to ask for it and it's literally one sentence, not a big deal, and never comes up again
>>
>>318740578
He was a decent character in the books.
>>
>>318733761
I like that.
>>
>>318733118

The fact that I don't remember who is means cdp did a good job at not forcing it down my throat, unlike bioware
>>
>>318742238

Its what i was saying. the Show turned him from being a character who was only subtly hinted at being gay to a character whos only quality was being gay. its a pretty clear example of the best way to do Gay characters and the worst way. Its made even worse that the worst way to do them is often praised in media as 'Brave' etc rather than criticised for being shallow and meaningless
>>
File: image.png (186 KB, 709x2915) Image search: [Google]
image.png
186 KB, 709x2915
>>318739054
>>318737603
>The difference is SJWs do not come here. Only Crazy /pol/ tards do

Top Kek
>>
File: 1446323920964.jpg (54 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446323920964.jpg
54 KB, 768x1024
I can't shoot ball like Michael Jordan can... but that's alright, though, you know? I'm also gay.
>>
>>318742447
Go home, Anita.
>>
>>318739054
>>/v/ is full of right wingers

Yeah, why the fuck are there so many stupid fucks trying to talk shit about "liberals" and whatever. I mean, I'm 100% sure they are still by far the minority, but they seem to have their panties up in a bunch so much more these days - so eager to hurl insults at the evil "libtards"
>>
>>318742721
Replace libtard with conservatard or /pol/tard and your post still rings true.
>>
>>318733374
>gay werewolf
knotty
>>
>>318742508

someone was paid to animate that
>>
>>318743802
Yeah, so what's your point?
>>
>Witcher 3
>one character from the side quest is a gay. You will learn this only if you insist.

>DA:I
>FIRST FULLY 100% GAY CHARACTER FEATURED AS THE MAIN ADVERTISING POINT

you dont see a difference?
>>
>Game has gay character
>lesbian character
>transgender character
>No one caused an uproar

I'm impressed
>>
>>318746417
Who's trans?
>>
Witcher 2 has a gay character too. Openly gay as well, you interrupt him before his butt fuck session.
>>
>>318746813
Also lesbomancy.
>>
>>318746676

Triss
>>
Nobody gets offended by a gay character.

People get pissed off when they try to push PC agenda into games.

If that was the case The Ballad of Gay Tony should be the most hated GTA chapter in history and it actually isn't.
>>
>>318733118
It's because we're all gay here.

And it's okay.

To be gay.

Let's rejoice
with the boys.
>>
>>318746417

Elihal is not transgendered if you're thinking about him. He clearly states he prefers women but so happens to like dressing up in women's clothes.
>>
>>318733118
Not shoehorned, not forced
Made sense in the setting it took place
>>
>>318746676
Probably referring to the tailor. He cross dresses for fun, not really trans.
>>
>>318747087
She's not trans. She's sort of bi.
>>
>>318733118
>Why? What made this any different than your usual suspects?
He got treated like he deserved. Filthy faggot monster.
>>
>>318733930
>are u a werewolf?i can deal with that m8 no prob-
>i suck dicks
>oh..
>*unsheathes silver sword*

wouldve been a better scene
>>
>>318733118
Well, he's not a MC, or a friend of the MC, or a support character. He's spoken to once and that's it.

He doesn't act overly gay, or mention he's gay at the beginning of every sentence; he only mentions it when you probe for more information.

And it's not the biggest thing about him. The fact that he's a werewolf is the much more interesting trait, so his homosexuality is overshadowed. He's more than just a gay token character.

CDPR did well with this.
Although it would have been nice to be able to do something about it. Geralt knows he's a werewolf and just leaves him be.
>>
>>318734239
I mean, you get a gay character and the best ass in the game

fair trade, I'd say
>>
because it was fine and didn't really impact anything, wasn't fucking cringeworthy and annoying as that crying fuck in ME
>>
>>318733118
also, wasn't he like caught anally penetrating the local lord's son in the stables or something?

maybe it wouldn't have been such a problem if he wasn't fucking the lord's son.
>>
>>318746676
>>318747172
Sorry for the wrong implications

I meant another game had these. Secret World
>>
>>318748470
well that's because no one cares about Secret World
>>
File: 1429254922004s.jpg (3 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
1429254922004s.jpg
3 KB, 124x124
I didn't even know he was gay until this thread.
>>
>>318737265
>>318737540
>>318736748
It's so true, 4chan was always shit, but it was a self aware, fun kind of shit.
Now it's angry meme kiddies thinking they're some kind of glorious crusaders for "common sense" instead of the internet's asshole.
>>
>>318734607
They're doing the striga story and the blaviken story, no yen or ciri
>>
>>318734728
I miss screencaps from Bioware Social Network. The whole TORtanic ordeal was a fucking goldmine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJ9-sMrRWY
Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.