[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i thought this was supposed to be good? why am I having an awful time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
i thought this was supposed to be good? why am I having an awful time?
>>
>>318731087
because you're shit or maybe you just don't like the game
>>
Same experience here senpai

Got bored in 5 hours and put it on my backlog. Combat, movement, and UI is fucking terrible, and that's something you deal with the whole game.
>>
See, there are these things called opinions
>>
>>318731206

yep. it just feels clunky and cheap, and I really dislike the visuals. the trees/bushes look like paper cutouts and the overall color scheme is bland samey shit
>>
Because you're a faggot
>>
>>318731206
same here. I could have gone over the graphics and the bad lighting and all if the gameplay was anymore more than...what it is.

but you have to shout FOTY else youll get mob anywhere you go on the internet.
>>
the combat is utter trash. play it for the story.
>>
Whats with those next gen graphics?
I play on a ps3 and looking at those screens, it relly dont look that much better
>>
>>318731087
you fell for the shills
>>
>>318733136
The story is shit too though
>>
>wow why does *insert any wrpg here* suck?

Heres s tip

Wrpg all suck, the only good one is fucking dragons dogma, and its not even made by westerners
>>
>>318735017
more like he fell for the GOTY bait
>>
>>318735148
Then stop playing because you arent going to get any enjoyment out of the game.

Be a fucking adult and stop doing things you doing like.
>>
>thread full of kids shitting on witcher 3

At least now I know why gaming is shit.
>>
>>318733136
The story isn't that great either.

I remember playing through initially, its literally an endless quest to find Ciri. Go to this person, ask about Ciri, they have a job for you, complete the job, return and have them give you a small shred of information, which leads you to another fetch quest.

I'm just now getting back into it, but only because I feel I have an obligation to complete it.
>>
I enjoy it but my mine gripe is too much Witcher senses. At first it was cool but after the umpteenth quest where I have to follow a blood trail it just got old.
>>
>>318735468
>At first it was cool

no it wasn't
>>
>>318731087
so if the game looked good you would be having a good time?
>>
File: witcher3 2015-12-02 23-21-22-26.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-12-02 23-21-22-26.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
You're not playing Hearts of Stone
>>
When your doing a good questline which tend to be sidequests the game is fun.. everything between that though is kinda meh gameplay wise
>>
>>318735370
The games just not enjoyable, it's a fucking video game not a visual novel or at least that's what I expected when I bought it.

I like the concept, the setting, but the fucking gameplay is just too bad. This makes bethesda games look like they have decent gameplay. If the game were fun to play I might appreciate what IS done well in it, unfortunately it's shit.
>>
Because you're a bellend who went into a game based on someone else's opinion with no other research, and it doesn't cater to your awful taste?
>>
>>318735798
The game isn't for everyone but if you liked the setting and the concept then I suggest reading the books especially the first two.
>>
>>318731087
because you're a nigger
>>
>>318735798
you expected a visual novel? from CDPR? really? you stupid fucking faggot
>>
>>318735798

> it's a fucking video game not a visual novel or at least that's what I expected when I bought it.
>This makes bethesda games look like they have decent gameplay.
>unfortunately it's shit.

Cool, now I know your opinion is worthless.
>>
>>318731087
The game isn't fun to play. Three games, and CDPR still can't get the gameplay right.
>>
>>318731087

Because it's not good, you got conned into buying it by drunken Slavs shilling their shit tier developer on here.

The only people that could possibly like Witcher 3 are inbred Polish retards or "muh cinematic experience" fags who only play games for their stories. If you value good gameplay then stop now, as there will be none to be found.
>>
>>318731087
Its as much an "RPG" as Fallout 4 is. It has more in common with Red Dead Redemption than it does any other RPG.
>>
>>318731087
Because you are terrible. Just terrible. Sorry. Try again next life I guess.
>>
open world games just tend to be a chore. i ruined it for myself by exploring too much, which ate a lot of time.

the water area(skeliage) seemed dope at first but i didn't like running into shit 20 levels ahead of me randomly

ciri was fun to play, the teleport makes combat feel way smoother
>>
>>318737198
>ciri was fun to play, the teleport makes combat feel way smoother
I hated playing as her. Her sections were nothing more than a scripted chore and I hated how her moveset breaks the flow of the game.

Ciri is a shit character too. Probably the weakest one there
>>
>>318735370
>CDPR drone once again cannot defend the shit his game is, and resorts to calling people names
It's been months and you fuckers still haven't figured out a way to legitimately praise your shit game? And you STILL try to defend it too? Jesus fuck anon.

>I'll just call them all children, I'm so mature!
Come on now...
>>
>>318735798
You're a dumb faggot anon, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
>>
>>318737120

Red Dead Redemption at least had some fun shooting if you turned off the auto lock shit.

Witcher 3's combat is just fucking garbage on every single difficulty. It's all just there to carry forward their shitty grimdark story.

I'm not sure how people on here can trash the garbage that David Cage makes, but then they turn around and suck this movie game's cock.
>>
>>318736894
>Hurrrrr durrrr reading is hard durrrrrr
Holy shit you suck at this.
>>
>>318731087
You should have bought a real game like Fallout 4, not that garbage.
>>
File: c26.png (17 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
c26.png
17 KB, 625x626
>>318731087
>>
File: 1392660096546.jpg (24 KB, 627x498) Image search: [Google]
1392660096546.jpg
24 KB, 627x498
>>318735798
>>
The story was shit. You spent the entire game chasing after your daughter, occasionally taking time out to do bland hunt quests that all feel the same. Throw in past characters making cameos if they survived, and you have The Witcher 3.
>>
I fucking fell for the shills too. This game is the definition of 7/10
>>
File: 1356883735681.gif (2 MB, 403x234) Image search: [Google]
1356883735681.gif
2 MB, 403x234
>>318735798
>This makes bethesda games look like they have decent gameplay.
>>
>>318737629
>grimdark
>Geralt has the most dry sense of humour in the game
>some quests are outright hilarious

I remember shitposters calling Darksiders 2 "edgy" because your character's name is Death. How pathetic and desperate can you people get?
>>
>>318731087
Because you haven't read the books and don't know who the fuck most of the characters are and why you should give a fuck about them.
>>
>>318737491
>It's been months and you fuckers still haven't figured out a way to legitimately praise your shit game?

Why are you referring to my post as if I speak for a group of people?

I have plenty of praise for the witcher 3.

The art and world design is fantastic. The world feels alive. The writing is well above average for video games. The animations are solid as fuck in most cases. The voice acting is generally well-done and above average. The plot, while nothing particularly special is driven by great characters and quest design. The combat does well enough to not detract from the highest points of the game (which have little to do with combat). Your COD-addled brain doesn't understand anything past combat, so why do you even bother having opinions on video games?
>>
>>318738197
>books
Sapkowski is a hack, and games are in alternate timeline anyway
>>
>>318738613
>alternate timeline
kek, if by that you mean the future then yes.
>>
>>318738131

Funny how you conveniently forget about the whole Bloody Baron questline.

That shit was the very definition of tryhard edgy bullshit that only teenagers would find cool.

>OMG 2spoopy black demonic talking horse
>Look at these edgy naked witches, they eat children and bathe in blood!
>Demonic fetuses so hardcore
>Wow that guy cut his own ear off, so fucking metal \m/
>>
>>318738552
>The combat does well enough to not detract from the highest points

It's pure shit, and since people play video games and not read/watch them then it's a big fucking problem.
>>
>>318731087

Just finished Witcher 2 and loved it. How's this compare to it? I heard it's much longer? Took me about 21 hours to finish on hard.
>>
>>318738801
You're overreacting. It's really not that bad.
>>
>>318738685
nope, he still writes new books, and already confirmed that games are not canon. Im /kurwa/ so I know
>>
>>318738685
Last I heard, he wrote a new book retconning the video games out of jealousy.
>>
>>318738836
It's much longer, and more open-ended. IMO the open world feels very appropriate and lends itself to roleplaying as a witcher.
>>
>>318738904
season of storms
>>
ITT: kids with ADD who've never played an rpg
>>
>>318738904
I almost don't want to start reading them. He seems like such a fucking cunt who is in denial about how much the games have affected the series.
>>
>>318738801
>
It's pure shit, and since people play video games and not read/watch them then it's a big fucking problem.

Except combat isn't the only form of gameplay you sperg. Combat is RARELY the focus of an actual RPG even in terms of gameplay. Go sperg out elsewhere.
>>
>>318739202
books are ok tier. Dont watch tv series tho
>>
>>318739202
Last wish and sword of destiny are the best. They are a must read. Then each of the main story books gets progressively worse and has a lot of random bullshit. I wish he kept it short story format with an overarching storyline.
>>
>>318739660
>Then each of the main story books gets progressively worse and has a lot of random bullshit. I wish he kept it short story format with an overarching storyline.
I think the biggest flaw with the series is the introduction of Ciri. It just continuously gets worse when the focus is shifted from Geralt onto Ciri. It took what was an interesting world and turned it into a generic "ancient evil awakens and the chosen one" trope
>>
>>318731087
Because it being good was a meme.
>>
>>318738801
You're overreacting. Gothic, Elder Scrolls - Those games have pure shit combat. W3 is maybe not great, but it's good enough.
>>
i really hate fantasy literature and games and shit in general, especially the ones that ostensibly cater to adults. i read about this and it was getting great reviews and people were praising the depth of its story so i thought maybe it was an exception.

then i played the game and i heard him talking about lavender and elderberries or what the fuck ever was in that chick's perfume and i was like 'nah dog this was a mistake'

how can you guys play this shit, it's unbelievably cringe
>>
>Contrarian: The Thread
>>
>>318736894
you cant read you fucking retard
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.