[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accessing maglocks..... >tab >tab again >tab again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 112
File: 2015-12-01_00001.jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01_00001.jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
Accessing maglocks.....

>tab
>tab again
>tab again again
>tab for the love of god
>tabbo number 5
>tab
>taaaaaaaab

STAT INV DATA MAP RADIO

>REEEEEEE

Plebout 4 annoyances thread.
>>
File: 1445121855599.jpg (3 MB, 1481x1481) Image search: [Google]
1445121855599.jpg
3 MB, 1481x1481
>>318610458
>settlers dont assign themselves to crops even if theyre starving
I just put down an entire plantation of mutfruit Ill be damned if I have to individually assign each fruit.
>>
File: 2015-12-01_00002.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01_00002.jpg
437 KB, 1920x1080
RELOAD

I SAID RELOAD GODDAMNIT
>>
You can hold tab to get back to the first menu
>>
Level 20. Now I finally have enough points in essential game mechanic perks. Time to start building my character.
>>
>>318610871
I don't understand why R has to be involved in interacting with stuff. It does the exact same thing as E.
>>
>>318611185
the same reason melee is the same as fucking throwing a grenade, consoles.
>>
>>318610816
Hold down E. It'll assign your guy to a group of six.
Make sure you don't pick up the bushes on accident
>>
>trying to pacify
>keep commanding Dogmeat by accident
every time
---------
>get shot at 50 times while trying to throw a nade
or better yet
>run out of molotovs
>try to throw a nade
"UUURRRGH"
>die
---------------
>ring bell for settlers
>2 hours pass by and i can finally start assigning them
-----------------
>most dialogue "trees" have the same fucking response
-----------------
>switch guns
>Im now unarmed for 10 seconds while I get shot at
every fucking time
----------------
>melee VATS
>game warps me in the middle of the ground
>I kill the super mutant
>I'm now stuck and the other super mutants are standing there shooting me out of melee range
I still don't know why I play this shitty game.
>>
>>318610871
Fucking... This...

I'm one of those autists that must always have a full mag, and this right here just fucks up my universe.
>>
>>318611584

>switch guns

This is the most annoying shit.
>>
Anytime you have a food/drink store, every single settler triggers a need to eat at the same time, so they stand around doing nothing in a giant mass.
>>
Every time I reload in first person and switch to third person during the animation, it ends the entire animation and I have to redo it, does this happen to anyone else?
>>
File: 1426447380104.gif (488 KB, 499x367) Image search: [Google]
1426447380104.gif
488 KB, 499x367
>trying to talk to a sleeping settler
>takes 10 seconds to stand up
>accidentally shoot her when trying to skip their 'hello' dialogue
>whole settlement aggroes on you
>>
>>318610458
Hold it down you massive ball of autistic fury
>>
>>318610458
>Follow me vault asshole!
>sliding door animation
>e
>Door is fused shut
>e
>e
>E
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEoh there we go.
>>
File: If Bethesda Did The Divide.png (77 KB, 1111x344) Image search: [Google]
If Bethesda Did The Divide.png
77 KB, 1111x344
>>
Some more:

>accept mission to defend brotherhood scribe
>his weapon and armor are shit
>doesn't follow commands
>playing stealth
>first sign of enemies he runs in kamikaze and dies

>take aquaboy
>swim around for an hour or two
>there's nothing

>decide to fuck around with settlements
>build a two story prefab house
>place a bunch of shit on tables and shelves
>next time i fast travel back it's all stuck in bizarre locations or the floor

>95% head shot chance
>miss, miss, miss, miss
>only with laser rifle

>feral ghoul
>enter VATS
>take 15 melee attacks while watching a cinematic of myself preparing to fire the first shot
>>
>>318610458
>repair companion's power armor with valuable resources
>he runs into an exploding vehicle, or a grenade trap
why do I bother
>>
File: Screaming internally.png (379 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Screaming internally.png
379 KB, 500x500
>Cranking Laser musket indoors
>>
>Trying to bayonet and you throw a grenade.
>Trying to lift an item and you exit your power armor
Fucking consolisation bullshit.
Fuck bethesda.
Fuck console babies.
>>
>>318612847
Also base building is terrible.
>Trying to select something in the workshop menu
>Pick up some furniture instead
>>
>>318612265
fuck off bethshill
>>
>>318612847
insert <mr. bean PC vs. Console grandma stairs.gif>
>>
>>318611857
Yeah, it's annoying, specially if it has a long reload time.
>>
The story was terrible and the choices were practically non-existent, but the gameplay was solid. Does /v/ agree on that, or does everyone just hate FO4? I thought it was a decent enough game despite it's shortcomings, and I'm pretty sure mods will save it. They saved Skyrim.
>>
Why does the framerate tank so hard in the institute? in fact a lot of my frame rate tanking is mostly indoors levels...

the institute kind reminds me of the presidium in ME1
>>
>>318610458
>Try to hack Terminal
>"You can't do that while in power armor."
>There's just a fucking chair in the way
>>
>Take psycho
>FUCKIN' KILL

I hate this shit.
>>
>enter building
>loading
>walk around
>see door
>press e
>see "to commonwealth" in split second
>loading

fuckkkkkk
>>
>>318614575
Exploring and combat is fun, albeit sometimes annoying. Just running into a combat zone agroes everything, you're kinda forced to sneak around a lot, which isn't fun if you don't wanna play the casual diplo-sniper.

Crafting, scavenging and base-building get tedious real quick.

Story, dialogue, characters, roleplaying is almost non-existent. Far more interesting are little snippets of side-stories written on computers.

Just like all Bethesda games, they're addictive for a while. Then you get bored.

Actually dropped Fallout 4 after 3 days to play EU4 Cossacks just to get out of that Actiony semi-RPG exploration dumb-dumb phase.
>>
File: 1342858531108.gif (891 KB, 160x101) Image search: [Google]
1342858531108.gif
891 KB, 160x101
>LEGENDARY ENEMY HAS MUTATED
>>
>>318615075
I assumed because of the lighting and reflections. My pc was barely able to play this in the downtown areas. It would stay at 1fps for like a minute.
>>
>>318611947

use a number from 1 to 4 wich usually selects on the dialogue wheel to skip dialogue.

It's a lot safer.
>>
>>318615581
thats what you get for doing drugs you degenerate
>>
>>318615882
>DUDE CHEMS LMAO
>>
>settlement full of named people and companions
>won't do fucking shit i assign them
>start assigning shit to regular settlers
>won't do it

All they do is harvest shit. At least the game thinks they're doing things.
>>
>Settler manning a store
>Talk to them to buy shit
>I want to trade inventory with you
>Do it again
>I want to trade inventory with you
>Do it 10 times
>I want to buy stuff
Why was this so poorly developed?
>>
>>318614575
I don't care much for the story, sure it was a shame, but I saw it coming. The gameplay is fun, and I'm really happy I can completely ignore the building thing without any repercusions.
>>
>buy Fallout 4
>bought it to access Todd's Atari emulator and play the shit out of some Donkey Kong
>>
>>318615663

Can't really disagree with you on anything. I haven't played FO4 in over a week. I still like the game, it's way better than most AAA shit titles that get released around this time of year. And I think mods will make it an amazing game, even though it's crappy to expect mods to make your game good. Next year /v/ will praise this game. /v/ hated NV just as much at first, now it's worshiped as the best Fallout game ever. Besides 1 and 2, which 80% of /v/ has never played or only played for 2 hours and pretends to give any fucks about.
>>
>>318611947
I hate this when you do one of those minutemen quests for them.
They take 10 seconds to stand up and say "You taken care of those raiders yet?", then they kneel back down. Then you have to talk to them again and wait another 10 seconds for them to get up.

I also hated when npcs would continue to walk away when they were talking, and you couldn't move, so the conversation would stop because your cursor stops being over their head. Then you have to start the conversation again. I hate the whole fucking aiming at their head to talk shit.
>>
>>318615776
One of The Thing films?
>>
>>318616079
You're selecting trade instead of barter. There are too different options.
>>
THOUGHT I HEARD SOMETHING
NOPE I'M HEARING THINGS
>>
>>318616170
No, sometimes when you PRESS E TO INTERACT they won't show the dialogue wheel and will just go straight to their inventory to give them items
>>
File: 1448256109205.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1448256109205.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>318616130
>I also hated when npcs would continue to walk away when they were talking,
>>
File: 2015-12-02_00001.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02_00001.jpg
245 KB, 1920x1080
Oh yeah.

Chameleon armor stealth mode pip boy. Why?
>>
File: 668.gif (986 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
668.gif
986 KB, 400x300
>>318610458
spoilers: pressing enter makes the text appear instantly in terminals
>>
>>318616230
SENSORS INDICATE MOVEMENT
OBVIOUSLY MY SENSORS NEED ADJUSTMENT
>>
>>318616124
Mods will make the gameplay more fun and fix crappy fps issues and other bugs.

They won't be able to fix the story. They won't be able to put a real faction system in place. They won't be able to fix always taking quests even tho you selected >No. They won't be able to fix the SPECIAL system that turns you into a god by level 30, instead of allowing you to make a character with both strengths and weakness to be able to roleplay.

Not saying that in a bad way... sorta. Just saying, don't expect mods to turn Fallout 4 back into an RPG. It's still gonna stay Skyrim with guns.

I played Fallout 1 & 2 and I'm a nostalgia fag. Still had fun with 4 for a while, though, might play again. Tired of it's shit for now
>>
>>318616170

No, a lot of the times you don't get a choice. You just talk to them and it goes straight to trading. I have a vendor in Sanctuary who I've never seen standing behind the shop, and every single time I talk to him I never get the choice to buy or sell shit. It's always "U WANT MY MUTFRUIT U CAN HAV IT"
>>
>>318616124
>have fallout 1
>can't beat the last part of the game even with a guide

guess I leveled wrong or don't have right equipment to take out a squad of mutants
>>
>>318616426
HUH? WHAT THAT?
EARS PLAYING TRICKS ON ME AGAIN
>>
>>318616478
> who I've never seen standing behind the shop,
This is so rage inducing.
>>
>>318616154
Nope, it's actually from the sequel to the remake of The Fly
>>
>>318616468
>They won't be able to fix the SPECIAL system that turns you into a god by level 30, instead of allowing you to make a character with both strengths and weakness to be able to roleplay.

Certain builds are shit bellow lv.50
Luck/Charisma are prime examples since there's so much you need to unlock and that all the best shit are at the highest levels.

And not being able to make someone with strength and weaknesses? Put 1 point in strenght and endurance and the rest in agility and perception and you've someone that's great with guns but shit in melee.

Jesus Christ, the length people will go to claim they can't roleplay.
>>
>>318616318
>sure, long story, wanna hear it?
>bye
10/10 immersion
>>
>>318616486
Power Armor. Small/Big/Energy/Unarmed/Melee Weapons at >=120%, more than 5 STR, END, AGL, LCK. One good weapon in that category with enough ammo.

You're golden baka.
>>
>>318616592
>remake of The Fly
>sequel

....I was unaware there was a remake... wait are we talking about the film with goldbloom in it or some other film?
>>
>>318611631
thats not autism thats just proper procedure.
>>
>>318616486

I've actually played FO1 and 2 multiple times. I'm an oldfag who has played a lot of old games. 2 is a much better game and more forgiving. It can still be a pain in the ass if you don't choose your stats correctly, but not as bad as 1. Skip 1 and just play 2, and look up a guide for a build that sounds fun to you. Or, just go in blind and possibly get frustrated if things don't work out.

Back when I played those games it didn't matter if I got frustrated, I would just retry and learn and that was the experience. But now there's too many games to play and too many other distractions, so if you want to play old ass games for the experience you should cheat a bit and seek help. Don't go vanilla unless you want to commit a lot of time, trial and error. I never finished Fallout 1, I always fucked up my character and got stuck
>>
>>318616784
No.

5 used to be average. At 1 point you were retarded in that character stat.

Now 1 is the average. 1 basically means you can do anything, and you need perks to be better at it.

Make full Charisma build, no SPEIAL and you're still gona be able to shoot, crit, level up, hit, etc. just fine. You're playing a fps, you don't need dice rolls and buffs for anything.

That's why you can't roleplay.
>>
>>318616874
The Cronenberg Fly film is a remake of the original 50s monster movie. That gif is from the pretty terrible sequel to the Cronenberg remake.
>>
>>318612516
if bethesda did OWB

>meet think tank
>help us defeat mobius, heres a super special new laser cannon, mobius is at the other dome
>go to dome shoot robots, kill mobius, return
>thank you courier you can go home now
>teleports you back to the mojave
>>
>>318616995
>>318616784
Oh and forgot to say:
>You have no choices.
>Dialogue options don't matter

Have fun roleplaying as either KILL SON vs NUKE COMMONWEALTH
>>
>>318617095
>WHAT LOBOTOMY
>HATE LOBOTOMY
>LOBOTOMY?
>SHAUN
>>
>>318617023
Got it.

Gotta admit, Cronenberg did some terrifying practical effects.
>>
>>318612585
>>enter VATS
>>take 15 melee attacks while watching a cinematic of myself preparing to fire the first shot

This shit is the worst, moreso since sometimes it does slow motion so that you don't get slapped around, but it's just done at random times so why the fuck can't it be all the time?
>>
>>318611947
Press E/accept to switch to the cinematic dialogue camera. It's safe to skip dialogue then
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GUN

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK PULL THE FUCKING GUN OUT NOW

44444444444 FUCK

GOD DAMMIT FUCKING FFFUUCKKKK FUUUCKK FUUUUUUUCKKK

epic shit, todd
>>
Between the invisible weapon glitch where you can't see any of the pipboy menus and all the apparently thousands of places you can get stuck, I've been compulsively quicksaving just so I don't have to backtrack so far when I inevitably get fucked.

It's a Bethesda game - I knew what I was getting into, but it adds a layer of stress that shouldn't exist.
>>
>>318617398
Hotkeys are borked. It works fine if you select it in your inventory.
>>
the fucking kak dog
>oh a mine is about to go off better stand in your way
>trying to maneuver in a firefight? im right the fuck under your feet at all times
>oh im sorry you didnt want to go through this door did you

fuck this dog as soon as a mods exists to remove it im doing so asnd no dismissing it isnt enough i want it GONE
>>
>>318617398
>hotkey guns
>switch to gun
>5 seconds go by
>nothing
>10 seconds go by
>nothing
>open pipboy
>select gun
>pulls out completely different gun instead
It just works
>>
Damnit /v/, I liked FO4. I liked 3 and NV too. But the more I read your opinions the more I agree and start realizing how better the games could have been and how many terrible choices the developers made. Then I start to hate the games and feel guilty for liking them in the first place. I'm such a hive mind pussy. I'm about to start my first play through of Witcher 3. Tell me why this game sucks before I start playing it. I just want to make sure I don't accidentally enjoy it.
>>
File: canubelivthisshit.jpg (394 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
canubelivthisshit.jpg
394 KB, 658x370
>>318617389
>>318616784
>>318616367
>>318616170
bethshills making work-arounds to excuse bethesda's sloppy console friendly shit work
>>
>>318610458
>>omg i hate this game! its for casual pleb scum! been playing for 150 hours and it fucking suck!
>>
>>318617729
>Tell me why this game sucks before I start playing it
make your own fucking opinions on why the game sucks, you're just falling into another hive mind
>>
>>318617729
The game sucks because you haven't played it yet.
>>
>>318617729
Witcher 3 doesn't suck. Enjoy it. It's the most fun I've had playing an RPG in years. Do every sidequest you see.
>>
>>318617398
>>318617632

the same shit was in skyrimjob, fucking lazy shits had 5 years and the same bugs are still in
>>
has no one brought up the bullshit that is binding melee and grenade throw on the same key all the while the G key is doing a whole fuck ton of nothing
>>
File: dGUU8.jpg (62 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
dGUU8.jpg
62 KB, 720x540
>>318617575

You should be praising the fact that it's like a real dog. Dumb, gullible, in your way, and always fucking up and begging for forgiveness. This isn't a burden, this is what it's like actually owning a dog.
>>
>>318617729
>I just want to make sure I don't accidentally enjoy it.
Hahahaha holy fuck you're terrible. Gotta make sure you only play /v/-approved games to impress them with your borrowed taste.

Just play what you enjoy.
>>
>sneaking into building
>can't hear any enemies
>weird
>meat bags everywhere
>definitely supposed to be super mutants here but where the fuck are they??
>keep walking around in circles for a bit
>fuck it I give up
>COME FIGHT ME HOOMAN
>entire room is filled by dimension hopping super mutants
>get assblasted by the one that spawned right next to me holding a mini juke in his hand

Also

>fast travel to a location
>stupidly slow loading screen
>I'm in the middle of a bunch of fully armed gunner commandos
>I watch my character get made into swiss cheese over VATS
>back to loading screen

Fuck you Todd
>>
>enemy appears
>click 1 to draw gun
>no gun
>left clicking
>getting shot at
>still no fucking gun
>third person left click 1 2 3 4 5 6
>no gun
>dead

Anyone else have to deal with the shitty weapon hotkey bug or did they fix this retarded shit
>>
>>318611482
You don't have to hold down E. When you assign a settler to a plant he/she automatically assigns to 5 other nearby unassigned plants.
>>
>>318610458
just move the mouse and click the back button, give it a second, then press tab
>>
>>318611705
>switch guns
Who thought it was a good idea to require the game to load the gun files again? That's the only explanation I can think of for the ridiculous weapon switching times. It gets up to 30 seconds for my toaster sometimes
>>
>>318617948
Partly, I just don't fucking get why they did it that way instead of having the heavy melee attack tied to holding down the left mouse btn
>>
>>318617838
>>318617983

I was being ironic fellas. I'm not going to listen to /v/ about what games I play. I bought Witcher 3 yesterday, about to start playing the shit out of it, and I don't care if /v/ hates it or loves it.

>Tell me why this game sucks before I start playing it. I just want to make sure I don't accidentally enjoy it.

Irony faggots.
>>
>>318618284
>I just don't fucking get why they did it that way

Consoles.

And it being the laziest port this gen.
>>
>>318617398
>>318617526

Wait. Wait.

Did they actually fuck up something like hotkeys?
>>
>>318616291
They don't barter (as the shopkeeper) between 8:00pm and 8am. Check the time before trying to trade.
>>
File: 1446484814159.jpg (553 KB, 2072x1126) Image search: [Google]
1446484814159.jpg
553 KB, 2072x1126
Anyone else bored already?
Any semblance of interesting quests and characters are drowned out by the bland everything else. Shit, even Skyrim was playable for a couple of weeks, but Fallout 4 feels like it gives up all of its content in a day or two.
I expected a bland game, but I didn't expect it would be so boring
>>
File: Tak Fuji.jpg (22 KB, 599x322) Image search: [Google]
Tak Fuji.jpg
22 KB, 599x322
Cancel trade?
>OK
>Cancel
>>
>mfw i play low and even both the graphic and music stutter if i play too long but never got 80% of all these problems
and what the hell with 10 sec npc waking up, it's like 3 sec at most and never got problem with weapon hotkey but then again >changing weapon mid battle
>>
>>318618483

I've tried it numerous times between every time of the day imaginable. It's a fucking glitch, sometimes the shopkeepers you assign will not sell anything, despite still getting you caps for your work bench. It's an issue that's been brought up time and time again in FO4 threads. Maybe you haven't had it happen yet, but it definitely happens.
>>
>>318618580
Quests are boring, I don't want to get shit exp for killing crap and having to turn in the same radiant quest 23829 times. Give me the fucking extra XP on killing the muties, traveling to the shitty police station sucks dick
>>
>>318618580

I don't understand the .jpg. Are you trying to be racist?
>>
>>318618782
They're just dialog choices, surprisingly without that photoshop done to them.
>>
>Press e to talk to someone
>They say a line that doesn't sound like the start of a dialogue
>Turn away
>As I'm turning away the dialogue menu pops up and then disappears
I fucking hate this.
Get your shit together you garbage developers
>>
>>318618580
exploring the world still fun since i can just screw anything with never ending fatman but exploring building feel like a chore especially if it feral ghoul invested
>>
>>318618782
>Are you trying to be racist?

Do you just look at every image wondering how you can call it racist?
>>
>>318618654
>[enter] exit
>[esc] cancel
>>
File: 0.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
>Romance curie
>Meet the BoS
>Our mission is to kill mutants, ghouls and filthy synths
>Join them
>Curie likes this

BRAVO bethesda
>>
>>318618782
Are you an idiot?
Who cares if he's a nigger in the last panel, the point is the massively simplified dialogue and stats
>>
>>318618896
>Covenent shit
>"you can't seriously want to kill all synths"
>[Piper Liked that]
>>
>>318616154
second The Fly movie
>>
>>318618701
Ah. I had that happen with Sturgess but figured it was just that he's a lazy sack of shit.
I'm sorry your Settlers are even more brain dead than the usual
>>
>>318618896
is it possible to change companion hairstyle? if not is it possible to get mod for it?
>>
>try to talk to a character
>they start walking away while speaking
>dialogue breaks
>have to talk to them again and re-do the speech marks
>they start walking away again
>>
>Start making a sneaky sniper/pistol character
>Clear out places like libertalia with ease, only get spotted by the head raider when I walked into his room
>Join the brotherhood
>Suddenly want to play a heavy weapon using tank with the power armor they gave me

Both options are fun for me, I don't want to do just one
>>
>>318619130
Give everyone a pompadour, best hair.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>318618879
>>318618908

Found the racists.
>>
File: 1448152399400.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448152399400.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>7 cha
>boosted with clothing and drugs to 10+
>still fail orange checks
>>
File: 1430297396351.png (58 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1430297396351.png
58 KB, 400x400
>walk into room
>Legendary Assaultron Dominator
>Legendary Sentry Bot
>>
>>318618297
the witcher 3 is great, ciri is great, yen > triss
have fun anon
>>
i know i do this to myself but
>use 4 for stimpacks
>whenever i want to trade with my companion they always walk away
>press 4 wasting a stimpack
UGH
i use 4 for health things in all my games cause its easy to reach in emergency situations for me.
>>
>>318619201
You don't have to choose, this is a Bethesda game
>>
>>318619249
i lol'd
>>
>be melee
>run up to ranged enemy
>if you swing, they will weapon butt you, stopping your attack
>if you wait for them to melee you, they will just shoot you in the face instead
>>
Companions are trigger happy with Molotovs. I once saw MacCready throw two in a row while I was right next to the guy and once tossed one at a single fucking hound
>>
>>318619201
>>Suddenly want to play a heavy weapon using tank with the power armor they gave me
Its not as fun as it sounds

Its just a cake walk the entire time, at least sneaking around requires some basic level of thought
>>
>>318618978
piper isn't a synth hating mecharacist, she hates the institute and kidnappings and stuff. piper loves most of the railroad stuff too.
>>
>>318619464
Companions can't be trusted at all.
Hancock used 2 Stealthboys to fight fucking feral ghouls one time
>>
File: nice game bethestards.webm (3 MB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
nice game bethestards.webm
3 MB, 900x600
>>
>>318619464
never give explosive weapons to companions, that's something you should've learned years back
>>
>>318618439
You better believe they fucked up something as simple as hotkeys.

Get this: sometimes, I don't know if it's every time, if you hotkey a stimpack to a particular slot, then put a gun on top of that to replace it, it won't actually replace it even though the icon will change and you'll use a stimpack instead of pulling the gun out (after the mandatory waiting period for incompetence and background checks).

MAGIC
>>
>>318616949
How is it even possible to fuck up a character so hard you can't finish the game?
>>
>>318616497
THAT SOUND! WHAT IS IT?
>>
>want a ladder to access the top of red rocket gas station to build a little cozy hut on top
>remember Bethesda cant figure out how to implement them
>have to make some god awful-eye sore series of ramps instead

Todd please, figure that shit out you PUSSY
>>
>>318613086
Use the D-Pad.
>>
File: 1401435040175.jpg (107 KB, 625x501) Image search: [Google]
1401435040175.jpg
107 KB, 625x501
>>318611285
This.

Holy shit.
>>
File: hawkings-lol.gif (494 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
hawkings-lol.gif
494 KB, 500x284
>>318619743
>>318619743
>>318619743
>>
File: Midly irritated.jpg (75 KB, 664x566) Image search: [Google]
Midly irritated.jpg
75 KB, 664x566
>>318611947
>kill my brahmin in my Sanctuary settlement which I built and which is habited by Minutemen under my command because I want a brahmin steak
>They all want to murder me

BRAVO TODD YOURE A FUCKING GENIUS
>>
File: BtoBgAeu7JzDuTtOa6Zj.jpg (91 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
BtoBgAeu7JzDuTtOa6Zj.jpg
91 KB, 800x600
>>318618758
You know those two fetch and killl quests they give you are repeatable, right? It means they never end and never advance any plot.
>>
File: 1444540301569.jpg (174 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1444540301569.jpg
174 KB, 600x600
>>318615776
>Legendary Protectron dies
>You have 4 seconds to run 2 rooms away or else it's corpse goes nuclear and instantly kills you
>>
random name generators are too difficult for bethesda to program, instead everyone is called "trader" or "settler" or some shit

game feels extremely shallow, like a bare bones game with as little effort as possible put into it

rain still fucking clips through everything

cant rp

terrible voice acting, especially the shitty attempts at irish accents
>>
Anyone want this game. It's for Steam.

TIVLV-84GQX-PB029

I got it in a humble bundle and I already have a copy of it.
>>
>>318620205
Thanks, bro. Is GRID actually any good?
>>
>>318619286
>Kill Legendary sentry bot
>his nuclear death explosion is still able to kill me through walls despite being a good distancd away from him
>>
File: Guaranted replies.jpg (100 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
Guaranted replies.jpg
100 KB, 460x300
>>318619605
>talk to Preston in sanctuary
>"Hey there's a settlement that need our help, they're having trouble blabla"
>it's sanctuary
>Talk to him again
>"Hey so thanks for helping, we're having a ghoul a problem nearby blabla"
>send me on the other side of the map to clear croup manor
>>
>>318619286
That assaultron can dominate me anytime if you know what i'm saying
>>
>>318610458
>Turn some of my settlements over to BoS
>Some of them have ghouls in them
>Wtf BoS do your job and purge
>They wont purge the ghoul settlers
>Have to sandman kill every ghoul otherwise the now BoS settlement gets mad.

Seriously, Sandman kills are just about the only reliable way of removing kebab from your settlements without causing random persistent corpse parts.

That said, every time I do it and start dragging out a corpse, the guard I put at the main gate just seems to nod, like I am doing gods work.
>>
I am almost 30 hours into the game but I havent met Curie yet. What did I miss?
>>
>>318620182
>settlers' names don't change according to job
The easiest thing to make for the biggest benefit, and they didn't do it.
Shit, they already rename Settlers to Provisioners, why not do it for every job?
>>
>>318620418
Vault 81 apparently.
>>
I'm doing the blind betrayal quest and I told haylen I would hear Danse out but when I try and speak to him he doesn't response. How can I fix this?
>>
>>318620418
Literally the only thing in the game that has any sort of depth such as the flow of time.

Go back to Vault 81 and you'll activate it.
>>
> unload hundreds and hundreds of shotgun shells point blank into my companion, incapacitating them over and over and over
> they don't give any fucks and they live through it unphased

> They speel their whole life story to you, making themselves emotionally vulnerable to you, then essentially ask, "Do you love me too, anon?"
> fail a hidden, random RNG cha check
> Oh, you love me? Sorry I don't actually love you even though everything I was saying up to this point obviously implied this.

And bethesdrones still think this trash is a good game.
>>
>>318620418
molerat aids
>>
>>318620369
I got the sandman perk just for this reason alone.
It has no other practical use tBh
>>
they could have done so much with railroad spy aspect like overhearing conversations. Interrogating a courser. intercepting things. sneak missions. more involved mole practice. they just totally dropped the ball on that.
>>
>>318620418
West of diamond city
>>
>>318620493

Never even heard of it

Do you go there during the main quest? I thought I was pretty far in it but I guess not.
>>
>>318620267

Yeah, it's a pretty good simcade racer. I've sunk a lot of time into it.
>>
File: papermacheman.jpg (202 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
papermacheman.jpg
202 KB, 1920x1080
I have my textures set to Ultra and I still get ugly ass textures like this.
>>
>>318620570
Nope it's a sidequest, completely optional.

I found it running from Yao guais.
>>
>>318620541
>they just totally dropped the ball on that.

You could say that about all the factions. The minutemen had huge potential too. They could have made it so you could actually develop them so they get better, and send them to do shit like a GENERAL actually fucking would. INSTEAD I, THE FUCKING KING OF THE MINUTEMEN, AM ORDERED BY SOMEONE I OUTRANK TO GO AND FUCKING KILL 4 GHOULS AT SOME SHITTY SETTLEMENT OVER AND OVER AGAIN WHAT THE FUCK BETHESDA HOLY SHIT
>>
>>318620623
>I need to you to
>>
>>318620621
Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. Thanks again.
>>
>>318620570
It's a side quest, I learned about it from talking to a caravan guard
>>
>>318619980
It seemed to be implied that they were on console, and on console, d-pad up is an alternative to the select button.
>>
>>318620735
jesus I didnt even notice that.... fucking lol
>>
>>318611285
>something gets close
>go to melee it
>hold button fraction of a second longer
>*cling* grenade pin pulled

Fug
>>
>>318620113
Why are you killing robots? They're sentient beings as well
>>
>>318620623
That's just what super mutants look like, period. It's not your settings and it's not your grafics card.
The only question is who at Bethesda looked at this and thought it was good enough to release.
>>
>>318620967
So are animals.

You're not some filthy vegan are you?
>>
>>318620735
There are TONS of errors in the subtitles, absolutely tons of them.

To be a LITTLE fair it's because there's a whole load of text in the game, but it's still unforgivable.
>>
>>318620973
That's not at all worse than feral ghouls smfh tbqh familia
>>
>get to the yangtze
>everything's in english
>weapons scattered about are american weapons
>crew that went feral are wearing rags or normal ghoul raider armor

not even the minimum effort to make a cohesive atmosphere
>>
>So many settlers
>Already have loads of food
>Around 8 or so without jobs all stand clumped up in the middle of settlement doing nothing but looking into space
>>
M-m-mods will fix it you guys
>>
>>318621107
Watch the sky.
>>
>>318620205
how did you get fallout 4 in a humble bundle?
>>
File: 1406281531014.jpg (18 KB, 330x342) Image search: [Google]
1406281531014.jpg
18 KB, 330x342
>>318621042
>Codsworth's subtitles say "mum" instead of "ma'am"
>>
>>318621047
That's true.
Fallout 3 ghouls look like HD modded ghouls by comparison, hubby bae.
>>
>>318621048
>enter sealed pre-war area
>jet
>pipe guns
it just werks :^)
>>
File: For what purpose.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
For what purpose.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>318620329
>hey a settlement nearby needs our help
>It's sanctuary
>But the quest arrow isnt IN sanctuary
>Follow arrow
>Leads me to a dead body like 5 miles away that i cant talk to
>Can never finish the quest
>The quest never fails for some reason
>>
>>318621048
To be fair the yangtze was invaded by raiders several times, according to the captain
>>
>Decently far into the beginning game, still have Preston
>Run into someone who needs something done
>Decide for the first time to test the charisma skill check, AKA "Gimme more caps and you gotta deal"
>Switch to Preston
>"It's AAAAALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY INNIT"
Fuck you asshole, I'm about to pop a cap in somebody and put my life on the line for what basically amounts to a new jacket
>>
>>318621174
His actual lines read "mum". The even worse part is there are other instances of Mr Handy saying "ma'am" correctly, so it was either an intentional choice or "the guy who wrote Codsworth"s complete misunderstanding of the way some British people say ma'am with a soft a.

Not to mention "make due".
>>
where should i head to build a better settlement? i want to get away from the family in sanctuary.
>>
>>318621036
You mean..... you eat your fellow brethren? the fuck type of sick game are you playing?

Theres enough melons and carrots to never eat meat again.
>>
>>318621174
he's actually saying mum you sperglord
theres been a time he said ma'am and it was ma'am in the subtitles
>>
File: Pain Train.gif (2 MB, 350x264) Image search: [Google]
Pain Train.gif
2 MB, 350x264
>>318621270
Its even worse when he has one of the best fucking perks, But i have to play 100% goody two shoes otherwise he chimps out on me
>>
>>318615356
This shit is why I just don't even bother, if you could remove Power Armor indoors then maybe, but god damn is that shit stupid and annoying.
>>
>>318619373
>enemies blocking your sword/sharp weapon with bare arms
>melee being unresponsive as fuck after being blocked once
fix and balance melee you fucks. i don't care if i do less damage, i already oneshot everything even without drugs
>>
>>318621219
Poor consoles
>>
File: frog suicide.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
frog suicide.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>want to melee using gun
>throw grenade
>>
>>318621371
>Return Deathclaw egg
>X disliked that
What is their fucking problem?
>>
>>318621361
Why the fuck would he say mum? If he was saying the term for "mother", it would be spelled "mom" because it's an american game.
>>
>>318621327
Outpost zimonja is a nice spot
Spectacle island if you can clear out 2-4 legendary mirelurk kings, a queen, several razorclaws and softshells
>>
File: Smug Anime.png (513 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime.png
513 KB, 1280x720
>>318621479
I'm playing on PC tho
>>
>>318621519
no it wouldn't
go talk to charlie
>>
File: 2015-12-02_00001.jpg (233 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02_00001.jpg
233 KB, 1280x720
What's going on with my face?

It is stuck like this. My only apparel is the Minute Men General Outfit.
>>
>Finally decide to build up Red Rocket
>Make a little apartment building on top of it
>My room is the only one with a door and decent furnishing
>Everyone gets stuck in the stupidest corners
>100% of the time when I fast travel home there will be someone at my desk, in front of the tv, or in my fucking bed
Locked doors when
>>
>>318621612
Res the guy using console commands then.
>>
>>318616318
>That stare at the end.
10/10
>>
>>318616079
Check the time, they close store @ 5 or 6, but sometimes stay in the stall
>>
>>318621638
Change your face using surgery.

Use console command to switch to female and then switch back.

Download a texture skin mod.
>>
>>318621719
top notch facial expression, like someone smeared shit under his nose.
>>
>>318621638
Why would you ever want to change back?
>>
>>318618020
>He doesn't have a SSD in 2015
>>
File: 1428125606135.jpg (49 KB, 637x469) Image search: [Google]
1428125606135.jpg
49 KB, 637x469
>pick lock
>enter power armor

STRONG DISLIKED THAT

fuck off let me skip 90% of this dungeon you fuck
>>
>People play with companions when Lone Wanderer exists
To what end? They're horribly coded pieces of shit that constantly get in your way and are generally a burden. Only like, two perks are even remotely worth it.

Also,
>Only way to get an actual fucking flashlight is by wearing a helmet in power armor.
>Not even a flashlight mod for weapons
Just why. Hate that green Pip-Boy shit and I don't like wearing Power Armor.
>>
>Fast travel to Bunker Hill
>Before the screen even fades from black I get "Who the fuck are you?" or some shit
>Pick Raider because why not, I'm decked out in scribe gear + clipping armor gubbins, gas mask and helmet
>Character even screams at the top of his lungs
>"RAIDERS!!!"
>"Ok geez just remember who pays your bosses, come on in"
Why even have the option
>>
>>318622192
This, the game is easy enough as it is without someone killing everything for you
>>
>>318622192
>People play with companions when Lone Wanderer exists

I'm with you nigga. Followers haven't changed at all since fucking Oblivion so I'm rolling solo. I still get angry when I have quest NPCs because they are constantly blocking doorways and shit.

Also go into the game options and change your pip boy color to white or something. It changes the flashlight color too.
>>
>>318610458

I really don't get why they simulated a loading screen in these terminals. WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA? I actually get annoyed when I see a terminal because I know I'm going to have to wait and read some uninteresting drivel about pre-war shipping logs.
>>
>>318622192

>green Pip-Boy shit

You do know you can't change the color right?
>>
>>318621561
>Spectacle island if you can clear out 2-4 legendary mirelurk kings, a queen, several razorclaws and softshells
That sounds like a good time, though.
>>
>>318622192
There is a mod to replace the pip boy ass green light with a power armor headlight. Works well with the headlight shadows mod and darker nights.

My only complaint is that it uses the hella bright lamp instead of the nice warm glow of the default.
>>
>>318621561
You don't have to clear out anything on spectacle island.
Just turn on the thing and they will retreat.
>>
File: 1447926748035.jpg (61 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
1447926748035.jpg
61 KB, 604x438
>>318622157
Strong is worst companion by far.

>dislikes stupid shit
>sidequest is waste of time
>complains all the fucking time
>>
I was in a relationship with Cait. I never cheated on her and even gave her the wedding ring I pried of the cold dead hand of my pretty chink wife.

Then she flirts with Deacon.
>>
>>318619276
is that seriously possible?
>>
>>318622658
You need to turn on the generator to that, and the queen spawns right in front of the ship once you turn it on

Besides, it's the most fun fight in the game. Why skip it?
>>
I hope someone makes a mod to have random crits as soon as they release the GECK.
Having to use VATS to be able to crit is stupid as fuck
>>
>>318611137

literally the only essential perks are weapon modifying and the weapon type of your choice. So that's 9 perk points, and you can't even assign all of those perk points until like level 45.
>>
>>318622752
Just saying you don't have to do it.
>>
>>318622752
not him, but >most fun fight in the game?
i oneshot it. queens weren't hard at all when i got there
>>
>>318622362
>>318622452
>>318622606
Wow. I assumed that option would just change the menus, not the actual color of the in game flash light. Obtuse as fuck for no reason. Still, that mod sounds preferable since it's annoying to have you light source come from you fucking left wrist.
>>
>>318622881
Oh, I showed up at around level 20 and it was great. First time I actually used a fat man
>>
>>318622734
KEKED
>>
>>318621219
It's the settler you made into a supply line. Have fun chasing those down. The game loves to make the one person in the settlement you sent all over the wasteland to start the quest.
God knows how they know about the trouble in the settlement they're never in.
>>
>>318622734
>Expecting the booze and chem addled town bicycle to be faithful
u wot
>>
>>318614575
>They saved Skyrim.
lol no, the combat is completely weightless and the story is shit whatever you install
>>
File: 1387402666582.gif (2 MB, 389x279) Image search: [Google]
1387402666582.gif
2 MB, 389x279
>>318610458
>maglocks
>MAGNETIC LOCKS

you know what magnets are?!
they mess with computers
and your pipboy is a computer

why are you people so fucking stupid?

its a feature
>>
>>318622953
I remember when I fought my first Mirelurk Queen at The Castle. I was a little underleveled apparently, but it was fun dashing around the courtyard and nailing her in the face with my quad-barreled missile launcher.
>>
File: 1408116983263.jpg (72 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1408116983263.jpg
72 KB, 500x738
>>318620113
For the minutemen quest, Sarge was the fucking worst.
>Run away knowing it will explode
>Explodes, somehow i die
>Mfw im behind a solid brick wall on other side
>>
>>318621614
Why would it use the English spelling in an American game?
>>
>>318616468
>They won't be able to fix the story.
Doesn't need fixing
>They won't be able to put a real faction system in place.
Of course they will.
>They won't be able to fix always taking quests even tho you selected >No.
Of course they will, that's a day one fix when we get the mod tool.
>They won't be able to fix the SPECIAL system that turns you into a god by level 30, instead of allowing you to make a character with both strengths and weakness to be able to roleplay.
Of course they will, have you never played a Bethesda game? Have you never seen how many overhauls are available? We'll get a FalloutRedone that changes every single perk.
>>
If you can't understand what the wheel is at least 95% percent of the time something is wrong with you
realtalk
>>
>>318623372

Yeah champ, SARCASM is definitely telling.
>>
>>318623372
Once you actually play with it it becomes very easy to understand if you think for more than a second
>>
>throw a nade
>fusion core drops and sets fire to everything
>>
File: 1402636013572.png (163 KB, 344x290) Image search: [Google]
1402636013572.png
163 KB, 344x290
>>318623323
>Doesn't need fixing
>>
>>318622743
Yes
just drink alcohol and you will pass
its also a chance so quicksave and redo
>>
>accidentally stumble upon the main quest
>Shaun?
>Baby
>MUH BABY!
>SHAUN!
No thanks.
>>
>>318623419
Given the contexts it's given in, it is.

Sorry they're not pandering to people with autism.
>>
>Legendary radiation gun
>Does extra damage on ghouls
>>
>>318618580
No I am level 31, 64 hours into the game and haven't finished the main quest I just met Valentines also still have about 70% of the map to explore and areas, too much shit in this game then when you think your done you always find something new.
>>
>>318623663
>character asks a yes or no question
>sarcasm is sometimes yes and sometimes no
Thank god for the proper dialogue mod.
>>
File: 1447672423065.jpg (31 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1447672423065.jpg
31 KB, 540x540
>>318612585
>>take aquaboy
>>swim around for an hour or two
>>there's nothing
>>
File: 1448054319608.jpg (15 KB, 208x256) Image search: [Google]
1448054319608.jpg
15 KB, 208x256
Patch when?
>>
File: 43535354.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
43535354.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>318622192
Rather travel with a qt synth than alone, besides unless you go stealth companions don't really get in the way and do help if you give them a powerful weapon.
>>
>>318623560
No open world game should have a story where you're urgently looking for someone, it never makes any goddamn sense unless you just rush through the main missions which completely misses the point of having an open world.
>>
>>318623748
>intimidate ghoul
>order it to attack people
>heal it with your gun

Combat medic
>>
What's the best way to avoid the main quest as much as I can? Do I have to stop doing stuff for the brotherhood of steel?

I just want to explore places where I won't hear
>Muh baby
>SHAUN
>MY SON
>>
>>318624002
Mines have been vastly useless. I used them only as mules.

They're always far behind and aren't that aggressive unless the ennemies are very close.
>>
>>318623818
Well at least you didn't take the underwater breathing perk.

There's literally nothing worth seeing underwater.
>>
>>318610816

Plant Mutfruit in close groups of 6.
Assign a settler to one.
It will auto-assign him to all 6 after a few moments.

Settles can work on up to 6 food value each. VALUE, not plants. So if you're planting 0.5 shit like Tatos and Corn, they can work 12 of them, so build them in groups of 12.
>>
File: 123871237123.jpg (23 KB, 450x306) Image search: [Google]
123871237123.jpg
23 KB, 450x306
>make a treehouse fort
>it's 5 stories to everyone's beds and shit
>trying to pick up a piece of fence
>keep hitting E
>suddenly get a lag spike
>accidently pick up the entire treehouse fort
>10 settlers die from fall damage
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 112

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.