[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to play Bloodborne's DLC? Don't beat the game first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: OldHunters.jpg (433 KB, 1280x1809) Image search: [Google]
OldHunters.jpg
433 KB, 1280x1809
Polygon opinion piece

>It's especially irritating, considering the enthusiasm of that last sentence, that I have purchased a $20 Bloodborne DLC pack The Old Hunters that I am fairly certain I will never play. As I discovered after I started trying to find the content I had just purchased, the new stuff has been gated in such a way that those who've beat the game will have the hardest time accessing it. For those players, the price to play The Old Hunters is quite a bit more dear than twenty bucks, and that may be more than I'm willing to pay.

>To all but the most diehard of Souls diehards, that surely seems like the fever-dream scribbles of a demon-possessed toddler. I mean, let's call it what it is: It's a spell. It is an incantation you have to perform to get the $20 expansion you already bought.

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/671394393933262848
https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/671400158584680448

Basically these "journalists" are complaining that you have to start the DLC on NG+ and it's too hard (I think)

Thoughts?
>>
>vidyagame "journalist"
>doesnt like vidyagames

Somehow this is news.
>>
File: 1425612258322.jpg (47 KB, 612x472) Image search: [Google]
1425612258322.jpg
47 KB, 612x472
No one gives a shit what I personally have to say about buying the DLC.
>>
>>318588683
It's no surprise, bloodborne and souls will never be understand by most "journalist". They think people play it just to show other people up like "Yeah, I beat that and I bet YOU can't". They don't realize their is enjoyment in conquering something very dense and challenging and learning the mechanics of a fight while losing 50 times. The video games they like are movies with a few controls, so of course they can't possible imagine playing through it a second time, because when was the last time you went out the the moves and immediately bought a second ticket to see the exact same movie again?
>>
>>318588683
You don't need to start on NG+, you only need to get past Vicar Amelia. And it's not a fucking spell, you get the eyeball an just walk out the door of cathedral ward to get grabbed by the lesser amygdala.

Honestly it's good that they haven't played it, they would just bitch that Ludwig is keeping them from playing all of the content. assuming they could even get that far
>>
>>318588683
You don't need to start it on NG+ at least to my knowledge. Even if you do it's not that hard to activate the dlc if your character is built right. I think these guys are just made they can't beat Vicar Amelia NG+
>>
They're wrong.
Souls titles are cryptic when comes to tell you where to go. It's nothing new, people know what to expect. Assuming it's true.
And you don't need to be in NG+ to play the DLC.
Two retards.
>>
>>318589471
>>318589546
>>318589548
I think they might be complaining that, naturally, they've already beaten the game and the DLC must be started on NG+? In that case wtf are they complaining about
>>
>>318589226
>They think people play it just to show other people up like "Yeah, I beat that and I bet YOU can't". They don't realize their is enjoyment in conquering something very dense and challenging and learning the mechanics of a fight while losing 50 times.

This I can relate with. I can't tell you how much time I've spent with this series since 2009 between each iteration of the franchise. Spending nights on my own or infront of my friends and handing off the controller or sharing a TV. Fuck, I've even had friends come over with their own TV and console and play side by side throughout the day.

If you don't dig it then get into something else - there's plenty of shit to play out.
>>
This guy's brother also writes for Polygon and generally has much less shitty opinions.

Unfortunately Justin seems to write more these days.
>>
>fever-dream scribbles
What the fuck are they talking about?
>Get to certain point in game
>Recieve item that tells you to go somewhere
>Go there
>Be in dlc
>>
>>318589657
Who knew, gaming journalists are retarded
>>
File: lmao.png (40 KB, 622x342) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
40 KB, 622x342
>>318588683
What the fuck am i reading?
>>
>>318588683
>NG+
>Hard
You literally only have to fight Gascoigne and Amelia to get to the DLC and by that point you should have a +9/10 weapon with like +18% blood gems just from going through Mensis
It should only take you like 20 minutes
>>
>>318591041
This makes me so fucking angry
>>
>>318591041
>wanting to steamroll through a game thats all about challenge and personal growth

i usually dont do this but FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>318591041
>They should remove NG+, a feature literally all of these games have had, so a bunch of scrubby journalists don't have to spend their nap time going through a decent challenge with endgame gear
>>
File: 1429868299693.jpg (122 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1429868299693.jpg
122 KB, 640x480
I bought Bloodborne at launch and still haven't beaten Wetnurse because I enjoy the pvp in the Nightmare and I also didn't want the Refuge to go up in flames and lose the comfy music like what happens to the Nexus in Demon's Souls when you get close to the end.
>>
>>318591041
>>318591184
>>318591363
>>318591381

You can tell that both of them played through the game once, then never looked back at it. They probably don't even think about the fact that going through the content of the games becomes incredibly easy once you've done it at least once, since there's really no surprises that the game throws at you anymore. For example, if you play the game for the first time you are likely to proceed through the levels very cautiously. It took me 1 hour to progress through Nightmare Frontier on my first playthrough, and on my second playthrough it only took me like 15 minutes.

These people don't even take that into consideration because as i said they probably only played the game once, then never turned it on again.
>>
>>318589657
It doesn't need to be started on NG+, they're just complaining that the end game content that they bought isn't available right from the start.
>>
The only boss whose killed me more than three times in Old Hunters is Orphan of Kos.
I agree that he's irritatingly hard, but you don't have to start on NG+. You can be a bitch and make a new character.
>>
Honestly, Bloodborne really shouldn't force you into new game plus as soon as you beat it. It should be an option to start like in Dark Souls 2. Or at least don't overwrite the fucking save file so you can't go back.
>>
>>318591091
>casuals will actually be able to get through Vicar on NG+
>>
>>318591091
I actually took it a step further with my character who had just hit NG+ and killed the BSB in order to open the gate to Amelia. Only took an hour, didn't die once.
I don't get what those assholes are complaining about.
>>
>>318591041
Casual gripes.
>>
File: 1428629258581.jpg (75 KB, 624x348) Image search: [Google]
1428629258581.jpg
75 KB, 624x348
They're not wrong, but its been like this through all souls DLC. doing the DLC on NG+ as soon as you unlock it is straight anal rape unless you're overlelved
>>
whats the 1.08 update plebs/
>>
>>318594395
Just a fix for the DLC exploit, servers are back up now.
>>
>>318588683
What "version" of Bloodborne do I have to buy in order to have ALL of the DLC pre-installed?

...or do I have to purchase the vanilla bloodborne and dowload the DLC online or something?
>>
>>318594915
cheaper to buy the regular game and buy the dlc
>>
>>318594915
The Old Hunter's edition.
Vanilla game is $40 on PSN
>>
>>318595084
How do I the DLC online? Do I need to buy playstation bucks or something?

Also, what's the full DLC called?
>>
>>318588683
Wait, I don't really get.
I haven't bought the DLC yet, plan to soon, could someone explained how it's been incorporated into the game? Is there a door or something you go through? or does something unlock once you beat the game?
I was thinking of playing the entire game again from the beginning.
>>
>>318595236
You can just put in a credit card number and pay $20.
Full DLC is called "The Old Hunters".
>>
No one who actually has played BB enough to be able to write about it should know how early Vicar Amelia is. The DLC is a little annoying at higher NG+, but the way you access it is not a problem, after AotA I was expecting a lot worse.
>>
>>318595693
>No one
I meant anyone, fuck
>>
>>318595573
After you beat Amelia, you get an Eye if you go into the Hunter's Dream.
Take the eye and go Outside the Cathedral Ward with the door on the left. A lesser Amygdala will pick you up and you'll wake up in the Hunter's Nightmare. Tombstone for the Hunter's Nightmare is near the the Vendors who take insight.
>>
>>318595573
Beat Amelia, and an item shows up on the steps of the hunters dream, plain as day that LITERALLY STATES GO GET GRABBED BY THE CTHULU BEAST OUTSIDE THE CHAPEL

As always "Journalists" took one glance at the menus and saw no "go to dlc now" button and started flinging shit.
>>
>>318588683
>won't spend the 12 hours replaying a good game so they can play a good DLC

Do you even like games?
>>
>>318595582
Is there any way to get The Old Hunters without the use of a credit card?
>>
>>318595853
>lesser
Really? they look so much bigger than the one you get to fight.
>>
>>318596030
Not anymore.
I guess you can go buy those cards with codes for PSN money on them and use that
>>
>>318596030
Buy a $20 PSN card from Gamestop or something.
>>
>>318595693
You'd be far too low level if you went straight from Amelia to Ludwig. You basically need to be finished the game to have a chance at the DLC.
>>
>>318588683
the thing is in Bloodborne you go to the next NG directly after the final bosses, unlike in DS2. it's the same in DS1 so it's a non issue really. that's just how this game works.
>>
>>318595853
>>318595926
Oh, that's what they're complaining about? Weird.
What's the difficulty like? Same as the normal game? Harder?
At what level would you recommend doing it, or does it really not matter at all?
>>
>>318593780
>Save game file on USB stick before fighting moon presence
>beat game
>delete save and upload save on USB

There
>>
Dark Souls 2 is the only Souls game that did ng+ right. You get the option after beating the game to go to ng+ and ng+ was actually different than ng.
>>
>>318596305
Harder, and I'd recommend you go there when you hit Mensis, its tuned for late game characters.
>>
why don't they just fucking make a new character? it takes like one hour to get to the DLC, a few hours if you want to get some extra levels first
>>
>>318596453
They're too busy for video games, you jerk.
>>
File: drake-6.w529.h352.gif (1 MB, 529x352) Image search: [Google]
drake-6.w529.h352.gif
1 MB, 529x352
>>318588683
>Polygon opinion piece
>>
>>318596453
Gamers get emotionally attached to their original characters.
>>
>>318596281
Nah, I've gone through it twice starting right after beating the shadows. It's a bit later than Amelia but it's still less than halfway through the game.

At the very least you can get 4 or 5 of the new weapons as soon as you can enter the DLC just by running through.
>>
>>318596305
I've heard most people say that you want to be 120 for it. It can be hard at times, but nothing unbearable.
I'm 150 and the only thing that's giving me a really hard time is the Orphan of Kos. Fuck this guy.
>>
>>318596578
>Implying
I have to remake a character a good 30 40 times before I stick with them.
>>
Why doesn't he just make a new character then?
>>
>>318596724
So, you have Autism?
>>
File: 1368729641234.jpg (5 KB, 175x154) Image search: [Google]
1368729641234.jpg
5 KB, 175x154
>tfw you suck at bloodborne
Am I the only one who thinks that this DLC or if not Bloodborne completely is a bit too hard? I've strugled so much with this game. The first area have me nightmares and I think I never wiped as many times on a boss as with the cleric beast or Gascoigne. But even after that, the bosses and the mobs kept raping me and it was a literal pain in the ass to beat it.

[/spoiler]Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that a souls like game should be this aggressive. I like hiding behind my shield. Playing bloodborne like you would play DMC felt just wrong to me, but it's the way they designed the game.
>>
>people are still giving clicks to game journalists

why? you haven't even said anything about it, you're just advertising their shit opinions at this point
>>
>>318596802
That's a word for it I normally think of a better name/look to go with them. It's got to be perfect do you play ugly ass default characters?
>>
>>318591041
off topic but does anyone know if you get to import a witcher 2 save file for NG+ or would i have to start a completely new run?
>>
i want games to hit me in the face with entertainment like my favorite AMC tv shows

i don't want to play them i want them to happen to me
>>
Favorite boss fights?
Amygdala, taking down an eldritch horror false god is damn satisfying

Maria, no explanation needed

BSB, heart pounding and fast

Phtumerian Elder, those weapon transformations

Abhorrent beast, hyper aggressive, makes my blood boil

Eileen, not a boss I know, but still a fun fight

I like Logarius and German too, but my ass is still tender from those two so to hell with them.
>>
File: 1444780065607.png (175 KB, 540x653) Image search: [Google]
1444780065607.png
175 KB, 540x653
Putting aside their complaints about getting to the DLC

NG+ DLC is a completely different beast than the regular game.

If you only have your character and it's your shittily built first character who's in NG+ right now, you're going to have a very tough time in the DLC unless you're just really fucking good at Souls games.
>>
I'd love the DLC if the Orphan of Kos's 2nd phase wasn't the most incredibly aggravating boss fight in anything I've ever played.
>>
My character was on NG+++ so I just started a new one. Took me only a couple hours to get to the DLC (which was amazing).
>>
>>318596895
I think you're finding BB too hard because you aren't playing it on the game's terms. I love BB but it is more restrictive in how you approach it, and if you play aggressively I find it pretty similar to DaS in terms of difficulty.
>>
File: 1447437837989.jpg (115 KB, 575x617) Image search: [Google]
1447437837989.jpg
115 KB, 575x617
>>318591041

>Justin "difficulty hurts my feelings" McElroy

I'm surprised he even finished Bloodborne once. He's such a faggot he ragequit at Anor Londo in DaS and even wrote a song about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yw0wHQx9A
>>
>>318597142
Maria, Ludwig phase 2, Gerhman, BSB, Wet Nurse, Ebreitas, Micolash, and Moon Presence.
I know most people don't care for the last 2, but the maze and Micolash's dialogue are pretty great. Moon Presence has a great sound track to him
>>
>>318597142

Logarius because he fucking kicks my ass every time, all the time.

Maria a cute.

Gerhman is a great all around fight.

Ludwig feels a bit awkward because his first form is SUPER hard but his second form is cake, making it a really strange transition
>>
>>318593449
But NG+ is actually easier than NG, you can fucking blast through NG+ with all those fancy gems you got in Mensis.

I made a new character for the DLC and then used that same character to play the DLC in NG+ and there's barely a difference in how much health enemies have and how hard they hit. But i was able to dish out way more damage.
>>
>>318594367
>no excuse
Someone post the video of the guy beating orphan of kos at level 4.
>>
>>318588683
>If your character is currently in NG+, you must get to and beat the DLC in NG+ mode
>1+1=2
>This is a major flaw and I must complain about it to thousands of people

What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck
>>
>>318588683
i savescummed using the cloud saves so i could get the three ending achievements and platinums in one play through, then the 4th time reverted to a save before the final boss so i could play the dlc on ng. because i knew it would be balls hard on ng+ due to past from software games. does everyone not do this (unless they want to experience it on ng+) orrrr
>>
>>318597803
Fuck someone actually did it?
Someone pls post it
>>
>>318596305
I made a new Character for the DLC and entered as soon as i could at level 29 and got my fucking shit pushed in.

I then upgraded my weapon to +6 and beat Rom, returned to the DLC at level 45, it was extremely challenging but i was able to beat the first boss.

Anyways, by the end of the DLC i was level 73.
In terms of balance i feel like it's supposed to be done after you beat The One Reborn
>>
>>318591041
>steamroll through
Assuming you don't lean too heavily on summoning or summon at all the fact that you've already beat the game and the bosses should allow you to "steamroll through" with a new character or a NG+ rerun.

Like most souls bosses, once you know the patterns and have the dodge timing down, you can ace them. It's getting there that's the hard part.
>>
>>318598072
He's on NG+7 too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TJrw5gwx-o
>>
I have never played a Souls game and am thinking of picking up Bloodborne. Would getting the DLC on my first run change/ruin anything?
>>
>>318598351
It'd just screw up your levelling curve so if you did it on the first playthrough you'd be pretty overlevelled by the end of the game. It's the kind of game where you'll want to do more than 1 playthrough, but it's up to you when you do it.
>>
>>318597656
Ludwigs first form is just as easy once you realize that you're completely safe if you just dodge into him
>>
>>318598278
I've watched this 10 times now and I still marvel at the gudness.
>>
Servers are back up for those who ain't know, y'all.
>>
>>318598351
Personally i would playthrough until the final boss, and then play through the dlc before beating the final boss and entering ng+. But i would save dlc for last
>>
>>318598569
I will never be that good. The only boss I came close to getting a perfect on was BSB.
>>
>>318591041
As someone who made a new character, going back to the initial areas with your +9 weapon and "steamrolling" through it is NOT fun. It's pretty boring to one hit everything. These fucks don't get the game at all.
>>
Do any of the Souls games actually have new content in NG+? I remember in DaS2 you get different boss souls that could be made into new gear, but it's been too long since i've played DaS1 or DeS
>>
>>318598680
Rom for me.
>>
>>318598860
No, just DS2.
>>
File: 71PXPEp.jpg (531 KB, 1032x2647) Image search: [Google]
71PXPEp.jpg
531 KB, 1032x2647
>>318588683
> polygon

Nobody should even be reading or giving a fuck about what Polygon thinks. Those corrupted motherfuckers do not deserve a single click.
>>
>>318598723
>not being petty
I laughed as I slaughtered the fucks in the plaza in the beggining area with the burial blade.
>>
>>318598723
Plus, different builds is fun.
I went a skill build this time around, the canewhip has been fun. Much better on some bosses/enemies, shit for others.

I wanted to use the club/whipsword DLC weapon though, so I might have to do NG+ with my str build next.
>>
>>318598278
how do you even do that much damage at level 4? I mean i know hes prolly maxed the weapon and got crazy gems but still, 2k for a charge?
>>
>>318598860
Only Dark Souls 2, where bosses like Lost Sinner had pyromancers spawn and such.

Dark Souls kind of had it as in you could get Gravelorded in NG+
>>
>>318597223
Try using either the Whirligig Saw or the Rakuyo, those weapons feel OP as fuck. I was having trouble with him with my SKL character, then I switched from BoM/Burial Blade to the Rakuyo and beat him on my first try using it. It's so good. As for the whirligig, my STR character hasn't gotten that far yet but the whirligig is so busted it's trivialized every boss fight. Using fire/bolt paper and beast pellets jacked my DPS so high I beat Rom before he got a chance to teleport (not even overleveled, was like 45)
>>
>>318599139
First attack does ~700, second one does about ~1400 since setting an enemy up for a visceral does double damage if you don't take it. That's why he's not doing the visceral, those scale with your stats so it's more effective to do another charge attack at base level.
>>
I wanna do an arcane build next, anyone got any tips/guides/builds?
>>
>>318599139
Enemies take double damage when staggered I believe, but I think you're right about gems and upgrades.
>>
>>318597142
Ludwig was incredible.

That fucking cutscene and shift into his 2nd phase was beyond amazing.
>>
>>318599139
What's weird is he didn't even visceral Orphan
>>
>>318597017
If the save you imported for the original playthrough imported a save it will carry over to NGP.

>>318596895
Dont play defensively Bloodborne is all about being aggressive. You are the hunter not the hunted.
>>
>>318599139
Backstabbed enemies take 100% increased damage from the next attack
>>
>Can't play Bloodborne because it's too tense with headphones

Am I a pussy?
>>
>>318599385
He's base level, so upgraded weapons do far more than viscerals.
>>
File: 1448938138765.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1448938138765.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>318588683

souls games are super forgiving and the controls are really responsive so you shouldn't have a hard time beating bloodborne on non-ng+

>tfw roommate went on and on about Dark Souls being one of the hardest series in video games

>tfw he started playing monster hunter with me and thinks G2 is really hard

tfw he just got g crown and is triple carting our groups and getting one shot
>>
>>318599474
Yes.
>>
>>318599385
How is that weird? Viscerals scale with stats and gems only so a visceral would only do like 500 damage at his level
>>
>>318598278
>he always bows
We needan eat shit gesture
>>
>>318596895
I find the game easy.
The gun parrying makes most fights trivial once you learn when to use it.
>>
>>318599190
>Dark Souls kind of had it as in you could get Gravelorded in NG+
Man, that shit was annoying.

I always got bored of Darksouls in ng+, everything gets hard enough that it's no longer just about knowing the fight, it's also about endurance.

It gets boring, like, I knew every fight besides O and S like the back of my hand, but I couldn't be assed to do that same boss fight for about 5x the length
>>
File: 1440855844778.png (570 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
1440855844778.png
570 KB, 1200x788
>>318599474
You'd love upper cathedral ward
>>
File: 1448712145777.png (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448712145777.png
25 KB, 400x400
>>318591041
>arcane and obtuse

>not archaic

How do these people get jobs in the industry again other than sucking cock?
>>
>>318599787
Yeah, it really bothers me how most fights can be turned into completely trivial bullshit if you just abuse parrying or backstabs. I wish bosses were unparryable.

Gehrman, Logarius, Orphan, Maria, BSB are just really fucking boring if you abuse these things, and the problem is that it's the most efficient way to kill them, and on subsequent playthroughs you're likely to go for efficiency. It sucks when the efficient way is not the fun way. I personally forbid myself to use parries or backstabs on my first playthrough through the DLC
>>
How much content does this have in comparison to Artorias and The crown DLCs from DSII?
>>
I beat all the Dark souls 2 DLC on ng+ . Fume knight was the hardest shit ever. It cant be harder than that. Considering that Bloodborne was easy as shit except for a few bosses.
>>
>>318600582

Artorias was what, three major bosses plus "two" minor bosses?

The Old Hunter is four major bosses but one of them is a reskin with a different second phase.
>>
>>318600780
TOH has five bosses.
>>
>>318600582
Can't speak for DSII, but I found this to have quite a bit more than AotA. The amount of weapons added alone makes it worth getting, but there are 3 really nice areas and 4 bosses on top of that. 2 of the bosses are the best in the game, and the added locations have great atmosphere.
>>
>>318600780
>>
>>318600780
>reskin

Come on, don't be ignorant. He has new moves and the 2nd phase is a completely different encounter
>>
File: laughing_rapists.jpg (35 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
laughing_rapists.jpg
35 KB, 446x400
>>318600854
>>318600918

Oh shit, I forgot the Living Failures.

My bad.
>>
>>318600942
I liked Ludwig, but Living failures felt a lot like the celestial emissary.
>>
>>318598278
Fucking hell I'm so bad in comparison
>>
>>318601075
I'm on NG+ with my level 150 and he's still kicking my ass.
>>
How do Japanese companies like FROM have such good ye olde English knowledge? The locations and what's more impressive to me is the style of English and the names of bosses etc are so well done. Do they hire historians or something?
>>
you people are fucking spastics, they're point is pretty obvious
they're annoyed that they finished the game and now they have to play the DLC (which is arguably harder than the main game) on NG+ instead of NG (which is what they balance the game around)
I mean you can call that a dumb argument but so many of you are missing the argument in the first place
>>
>>318601060
He is talking about Laurence, not Living Failures
>>
>>318601060
Living Failures was a better designed Four Kings
Definitely the least impressive in the DLC, but still a pretty good boss
>>
>>318601209
I thought BB was taking place in some kind of German place.
>>
>>318601209
Miyazaki picks the names for everything himself, he thinks they're very important. Well, everything but the titles of the games, funny enough. The localization company they work with is also great, and Miyazaki works directly with them for the VA.
>>
>>318601321

What was good about the Living Failures besides the visuals of the arena and the sky when they drop meteors on you?
>>
File: 1439778147723.png (219 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
1439778147723.png
219 KB, 300x443
>mfw https://youtu.be/7RzA_Oomra8?t=1m6s kicks in as your head slipping his projectiles

Also it baffles me how many people are bitching about Ludwig's difficulty. Clearly these people never did Chalices because defiled hotdog and defiled Amygdala are so much more bullshit
>>
>>318601253
>making a new character is hard
No anon, they're crap
>>
>>318601442

Nobody deserves to be ridiculed for not doing Side Room Simulation 2015.
>>
>Bloodborne never got nominated at the VGA's for score.
>>
>>318588683
since when does polygon interact with non-M$ products
>>
File: 1402343141862.jpg (99 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
1402343141862.jpg
99 KB, 908x714
>>318597223
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TJrw5gwx-o

he's at NG+7
character is BL 4
FOUR
>>
is the game still under maintenance ???
>>
>>318601807

He's at NG+7 actually.
>>
In terms of difficulty

Laurence > Kos > Maria > Ludwig > Failures
>>
>>318601193
I beat him around 120 in ng so I'm just as bad
>>
File: 1444880941400.jpg (20 KB, 328x396) Image search: [Google]
1444880941400.jpg
20 KB, 328x396
Only the elite, of the elite, of the elite of the fucking elite, can complete the DLC after NG+2

>inb4 majority of /v/ is champ at BB and im a fucking casul.
>>
>>318602143

Laurence is only hard because the hitbox during the second phase is absolutely atrocious.

Combined with the damage he can do and the fire it all just becomes way too much. But the main culprit is the hitbox.
>>
>>318602071
I think so, I tried to play an hour ago and it was still down
>>
>>318588683
So what it all boils down to is that they don't want to make a new character, right?
>>
>>318600582
It has almost as many weapons as the base game and also two entire new styles of gameplay with the two added transformations and 3 new spells, alongside with a revamp of some older ones (augur of ebrietas is fucking delicious now) and a new covenant.

Then there are 3 areas, with the first one being very big and the second one with a very intricate and somewhat confusing level design. The third area is my favorite of the entire franchise alongside tower of latria and the rainy night path to Drangleic though due to how atmospheric it is.

Then there are 5 bosses, one of which is entirely optional. Three of them have two very different phases and one has three.

It's quite a bit more content than AotA all things considered but AotA has definitely more places to go to.
>>
>>318597668
NG+ enemies get 250 percent more health, mensis gems give you what? 20 percent damage?
>>
>>318602143
shit nigga, i beat KoS in one go; but to my event, one of my summoned allies had the pizza slicer. dat dps. same thing with laurence, dat dps.

shietttt.
>>
Shocking literally no one, people who copy-paste promotional material from publisher emails onto their website for a living complain about video games being too inconvenient to review.

Holy fuck, go review newspaper comic strips or some shit.
>>
>>318601253
Their complaint is that they're bad at the game.

That's literally their argument, NG+ is too hard and they think NG would take too long (even though it'd take the same amount of time, if not less?)

I finished NG+ in about 6-7 hours and I'm far from a speedrunner, I ran through and got dupes of all the weapons and did questlines I missed, if you were trying to just gun it to the DLC portion you could probably do that in about an hour or two.

They're just fucking lazy at best, and terrible/actively dislike video games at worst.
>>
>>318601209

I don't know but the little details are shocking. For example, the Hunter Bone belongs to Maria, but the description of the tool talks about the hunter it belonged to by referring to it as "he". Naturally, one would think the hunter would be male, but actually using "it" was quite prohibitive for the lack of style and the male forms of pronouns was actually suggested in older english literature to adress gender neutral individuals.

This is why I love these games. Their attention to detail are through the fucking roof and everytime I replay them I notice some major fucking thing I hadn't noticed before.
>>
>>318602071
>>318602415
Nope, it just came back a few minutes ago
>>
>>318602913
how were niggas exploiting the DLC for free?
>>
>>318602209
>/v/
>good at games

You're forgetting this is the same board that screamed "artificial difficulty mommaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaa!!!" for entire months because they couldn't beat the very first bosses at dark souls.

Although those were pkuks and the souls community from playstation doesn't throw such tantrums. But still.
>>
>>318602984
It had something to do with being summoned for Gerhman by people who had the DLC I think. Dunno the details.
>>
>>318588683
Dark Souls DLC was way worse to access you had to of gotten to at least the archives.
>>
>>318602984
>>318603275

I think if someone that had the DLC and didn't pick of the Blood-Drunk Eye or whatever it's called, someone summoned into the dream for the Gerhman fight could snag it and access the DLC
>>
>>318603561
>you had to of gotten
>of

Why do you rednecks do this shit? Jesus.
>>
You shouldn't be forced to go to NG+ though.

It's manageable if you are a souls veteran/really like the game.

But for one of the rare casuals that finally manage to kill Gehrman after 400 summons?

He's fucked.
>>
>>318595582
>using a Credit card
>on PSN

good joke.

prepaid cards are where its at
>>
Honestly I hate how it's set up too.
You either have to do NG+ or play through most of the main game again to get properly equipped to enjoy the DLC.
It's a shit situation and another reason why auto/forced NG+ is retarded
>>
>>318598278
>>318601807
His fight with Rape Horse is great too. The only other one I've seen is an early video someone made where they were obviously overleveled and on the base game. They weren't terrible, but they mostly cheesed through the boss, tanking hits and healing all the time, and were nowhere near as in tune with the fight. That one, and his Orphan of Kos fights, are really good at showcasing how the bosses work and how you should be fighting them.

Living Failures is just Living Failures, though. Maria was a bit more boring to watch because there's much fewer opportunities for him to get hits in and he constantly has to keep his distance.
>>
>>318601442
imo I never found the hotdog hard, period. It's REALLY easy to bait his chomps
>>
>>318603689

Man, it's the worst where I live. Everyone says "I seen" in place of "I saw". "I seen that yesterday."

Fuck
>>
>playing on ng+ and can't fucking beat lady maria
>>
>>318588683
Am I expected to believe a Polygon journo got to newgame+?
Pretty big redflag there ťbh
>>
>>318602752

that's actually very fascinating.

do you have any other insights?
>>
File: 37L40f7d7.png (130 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
37L40f7d7.png
130 KB, 240x240
>>318601442
mah nigga.

thats the best feel.

>ludwig gracefully swings his sword around as that part kicks in

Ludwig and that form 2 reveal easily tops Artorias.
>>
>>318598672
>>318598482
What they said. Also, you'd be pretty underleveled for the DLC if you went straight to it when it's available anyways. I did it on my NG+ playthrough right before Mergo and it seemed pretty balanced at that point.
>>
>>318602752

Wouldnt say the Old Hunter Bone was a literally a bone from Maria's body or a tool belonged to her since Gehramn had a number of students.

She was just the most prominent one
>>
>>318604310

I'm still trying to grow more eyes on the inside, anon
>>
File: patfag.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
patfag.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
>>318591041
>Patty Kek saying something retarded
WOOOOOOOOOWW
>>
>>318591041
Fucking Disdain for plebs
>>
>>318604540

She moves exactly like someone under the effect of the anime bone and it's found on the very grave that leads to the Nightmare, the same grave that the Doll, built in Maria's image, prays to quite often.
>>
>>318597387
i have never cringed so much
>>
I just want to play through the DLC on my main save after beating the game, is that so wrong?
>>
>>318601807
After watching this it really strikes me how sad Orpans theme is to start. And how menacing it becomes when he gets desperate
>>
>>318598125
Good to know, I wanted to do it as early as possible, to make it as challenging as possible, but I think I'll get to level 40ish before I do it.
>>
>>318605275
He crawls out his dead mother and had disturbing weeps as his first sounds. All his vocalizations in the battle are tantrum like wails and screams. The whole thing is pretty sad. ninni066's video even makes it worse, because he's so good he makes Orphan of Kos look easy and effortless. So you have some fantastic hunter walking up to a rampaging child and putting them without a scratch.

The fact that he seems to cream a lot of people otherwise might reduce the effect for those players, though.
>>
Anyone else gets fucking wrecked by bosses with slow attacks? Ludwig phase 1 is cake after much trial and error but phase 2 just kicks my shit in so fucking hard. The delay of slower moves keeps catching my somewhat early rolls. I can adapt if the whole boss is that way but I'm always so jacked up from phase 1 that phase 2 just rapes me.

Tips?
>>
File: 1417461460686 (1).jpg (2 KB, 125x114) Image search: [Google]
1417461460686 (1).jpg
2 KB, 125x114
My PS4 shows up in the mail tomorrow, can I feel good about buying a physical copy of Bloodborne when a complete edition with the DLC could be around the corner?
>>
>>318605323
It's hard as shit even at around 70 I've found. From recommend 65+.
>>
>>318606012
Calm down, a deep breath helps me immensely.
>>
>>318606012
Same. Not to mention half of Rape Horse 2's attacks have really similar animations. Not as bad as Alonne in DaS2 with his variable timings on his rush attack. Despite what people say about that game's hitboxes, the only one that ever fucked me up was Alonne's curse lunge yet everyone talks about how that fight is perfect.
>>
>>318606019
One has announced weeks ago, it comes out in a few days even.
>>
>>318606012
It wrecks me too. But it's worse if the boss also has fast attacks that telegraph the same.
>>
I want my time back
>>
>snagged it on Amazon for $20 and it will be here tomorrow
>feel like I need to fucking take prep courses for it
Is this game even remotely enjoyable by just playing it? Am I gonna potentially play myself into a corner?
>>
>>318606825
Its fun like all the souls games. This one is just harder at times, which makes it more fun
>>
>>318606825
Actually, Souls games are at their best when you don't look into it at all and just roll with it.
The game rewards patience and persistence, like any fucking game worth a shit.
>>
Why was the difficulty of this DLC blown out of proportion? I thought I'd get blown out my ass playing on NG+ BL100, but I didn't have much trouble with any of the bosses. Only did Laurence's second phase give me trouble, everything else was smooth sailing.
>>
>>318607634
That depends. Stats? Gems?
>>
>>318607028
>>318607165
I feel like this is the only opinion I get regarding Bloodborne: how it relates to the Souls games. I really don't give a fuck about them and I have never played them. I wanted this because it features unspeakable cosmic horrors.
>>
>>318607876

Just do whatever the fuck you want as long as you go in blind. You already know a bit of the story, meaning you already got yourself spoiled a bit so you're already fucking up.
>>
>>318596261
The dupe still works.
>>
>>318588683
I'm playing through on NG+ right now and it's really not that bad, quite frankly it feels pretty damned balanced, my character also isn't a perfect min/max either and my gems are okayish at best.
>>
>>318607876
Bloodborne is a souls game in all but the title.
Don't be a bitch about people who compare it to it's very obviously inspired predecessors made by the exact same fucking developers.

Play the fucking game and don't pussy out.
>>
>>318608103
Seriously? You can still get the DLC for free?
>>
>>318607851
Stats were shit, I had two +18% physical gems on my +8 saw clever.
>>
is it just me or one thing I notice about BB's map design is that you can mostly just run across that map to the boss room without dying almost the whole game?
>>
>>318608318
You can do that in every single souls game.
>>
>>318597165
That looks like a TWEWY character.
Who is it?
>>
>>318608318
Yep.
Generally speaking, how Souls games work is, once you know what to do, they're easy. The real challenge is trying to work out what you need to do.
>>
Anyone else suck at parrying? I don't think I've ever died more than 10 times in a soul game to a boss but I suck at parrying. BB, DKS, DMS.
>>
>learning a video game

when will I ever learn...
>>
>>318608179
yep
>>
>>318608879
I never parried in BB, was just too lazy/forgot to learn how, but I was fine the whole way through.
>>
File: bloodbornes.png (2 MB, 1252x988) Image search: [Google]
bloodbornes.png
2 MB, 1252x988
What do you think of my Bloodborne collection?
>>
these resources could have been made to toilet paper and a dildo
>>
>>318609069
That you would've been much better off just buying the original version and downloading TOH.
>>
>>318591041
That option in The Witcher 3 was fucking garbage as all the gear they give you is trash
>>
FROM once again BTFOing cunts left and right, gotta love it
>>
I beat it in NG+ and found the challenge all the more satisfying, sounds like Polygon's just shit in more than their writing
>>
Why is Pizza Cutter so best?
>>
>>318609772
It's absolute killer with beast blood pellets, its multi-hit properties almost insta-sill the bar
>>
>>318588683
>been saving 3 ng character with cursed gems.
Breezed through all bosses cept KOS. Those fucks should know by now not to jump to ng+
>>
>>318607876
Your going to have trouble on the first mandatory boss and the second optional one.
>>
>>318600448
If you roll an arcane build, parrying is useless because of the shit damage.
>only do 300 dmg on a riposte against an invader with 30% clawmark.
>>
File: Princess Dusk.jpg (151 KB, 975x750) Image search: [Google]
Princess Dusk.jpg
151 KB, 975x750
>Artorias
>Orphan of Kos
>Maria
>Gehrman
>Raime

List in order of quality.
>>
>>318602491
what did they do to auger of ebrietas?
>>
File: 1411595087180.gif (804 KB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1411595087180.gif
804 KB, 371x209
>lvl 212
>NG+3
>getting ripped apart by the DLC
>all experience in vanilla BB sorta paying off
>mfw I killed Maria using just parries and visceral attacks
>>
So, is this worth 20 bucks? I feel like replaying Bloodborne.
>>
>>318589226
>when was the last time you went out the the moves and immediately bought a second ticket to see the exact same movie again?

I do this a lot, I like movies though and wanted to be a screenwriter.
>>
>>318588683
>>318591041
they probably duped to get through the original game, just like dsp
dupe glitch was fixed so now they cant play the game
>>
>>318611119
if you liked the original game, then definitely
the dlc areas and bosses are great and it adds a ton of other content like weapons, armor, spells, beast mode etc
>>
So hold on.. I just started Bloodborne recently for the first time and Amelia Vicar was the last Boss I beat. I was waiting to beat the game first before I buy the dlc. Should I do that or just get the dlc now?
>>
I got Bloodborne the other day, only beat the first boss so far. Was I really supposed to do so little damage to the cleric beast? I guess it's just cause I hadn't leveled up or anything yet I dunno
>>
>>318611507
You will get rekt in the dlc. Atleast playthrough the main game until the final boss and beat the dlc before you head to ng+ if you want the most enjoyment out of it.
>>
>>318611678
OK cool thanks
>>
>>318611678

lies, dlc is much harder on ng+, level 65 is when you should access it
>>
File: Glorious Monsters of Yharnam.png (2 MB, 1094x1100) Image search: [Google]
Glorious Monsters of Yharnam.png
2 MB, 1094x1100
>>318610827
>soloed Maria with the Blades of Mercy as we blast each other with magic
>speeding around each other dodging attacks and trying to trick one another
>running low on supplies by the end of the fight
>by the time I kill her I'm not fully sure she's really gone

Easily by favorite fight from any From game.

>>318611507
Likely can't get through it, but definitely do attempt. It's be fun.
>>
File: 3081490-squilliam+fancyson.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3081490-squilliam+fancyson.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>post yfw ludwig kills you with 100 hp left
>>
The best thing about the DLC is how it BTFO the dumb faggots who won't shut up about Cleric Beast being Ludwig.
>>
>>318611970
I said to beat the dlc before he heads to ng+ you mongoloid
>>
Ok so im not someone who played bloodborne, but as i understand this, this isnt a expansion that just tacks on stuff at the end, but more like an expansion that gives you a new branch to explore?

If so is there anything that prevents you from making a new character and playing the expansion on normal game instead of NG+? Because i really fail to see any issue here and this shit is littered all over /v/.
>>
>>318612687
>is there anything that prevents you from making a new character and playing the expansion on normal game instead of NG+
Of course not, but that means you have to spend time playing the game, which the silly reviewers don't like.
>>
>Incease stamina cost 2.3%
So 1 point of stamina?
Alright I'll put three on.
>>
>>318606825
the game is fun after you beat an encounter.

Your mind rewires your memories as 'good' after the fact.
>>
>>318612917

So its just jurnos being retards again... i mean how preposterous, buying an expansion and then expecting me to like and play the game i bought the expansion for?!

Bunch of faggots if you ask me. Honestly, would be nice if more games had branching expansions like this, stuff that makes you want to play trough the game again.
>>
>>318612687
You could make a new character and rush to the expansion.

However, the expansion is tuned for someone who has basically finished 75 percent of the game.

But reviewers are bad at games so something that should take 2 hours will take 10.
>>
>>318613040

this is funny and true. During a terrible encounter, you will probably be cursing up a storm, hating the game, hating yourself for playing it etc. Then you beat the encounter and a while later, you'll think back to it and laugh

how do these games do it

its magic
>>
File: why.png (27 KB, 736x318) Image search: [Google]
why.png
27 KB, 736x318
>OMG I HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME TO PLAY MORE OF THE GAME
holy shit
>>
>>318597496
You mean this?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ikWGbtXIBr4
>>
File: 07759.gif (11 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
07759.gif
11 KB, 650x450
>>318614112
Next, they'll want the DLC to play itself because they paid for it, so why should it be difficult?
>>
>main game has a few good tracks on the soundtrack
>western+eastern composers
>the DLC soundtrack is perfect for every track
>only eastern composers
West btfo
>>
>>318606431
>the variable timings on alonnes charge attacks
TRIGGERED
That shit makes his fight a pain in the duck without a shield
>>
>Dark Souls was the exact same way
Why are people upset about this?
>>
>>318610717
It can parry now
>>
>>318611507
If you try fighting the dlc enemies as you are, you will get recked pretty hard. However, should you be bold enough to try bypassing them, you will be rewarded with cool weapons and other loot
>>
>>318601521
cuz its too hard duh
>>
Has Ludwig's theme been uploaded yet?
>>
>>318617287
Rips have been on YouTube all week
>>
>>318616993
since they realized nowadays people actually pay attention to morons
>>
File: Batman holding a marshmallow.jpg (38 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
Batman holding a marshmallow.jpg
38 KB, 288x216
>>318591041
>Arcane
That is definitely not the word he wanted to use
>Obtuse
*Abstruse

>tfw your standard of English is better than that of a well-known vidya blogger
Feels meh
>>
>>318588683

My first playthrough was on NG+, I oneshot Living Failures, Maria and two shot Orphan of Kos, fuck those casuals, Ludwig gave me trouble for a couple of days though. Haven't faught Laurence yet though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.