[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skullgirls Panty Shot Removal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: not up for debate.png (65 KB, 1076x474) Image search: [Google]
not up for debate.png
65 KB, 1076x474
I started arguing with some anons in the Indivisible thread about this subject, ended before I could post a reply, left me feeling kinda butthurt. Seemed like enough people were weighing in on the subject that a thread would be justifiable, so fuck it. I want to see discussion on this anyway, one that isn't full of circlejerking like the steam/reddit threads on this subject undoubtedly are, and I'm open to seeing people defend the devs on this decision without (immediately) calling them faggots.

This is regarding the removal of some panty shots from a few sprites some months ago. I don't know which specific parts were removed, would be appreciated if another anon could show screenshots, but I don't think it's necessary for me to see them to speak on this subject. I don't own the game either, and I don't think that's necessary for me to speak on this subject either.

Mainly I take issue with the fact that they removed these things without the consent of their consumers, the ones who already bought the game. They directly state right there in the screenshot that they don't give a fuck about the opinion of anyone who owned the game and disliked these changes. I don't think that's fair, and I think it's important to discuss the possible ramifications of developers being able to do this whenever they please, using forced updates to remove/add content that wasn't approved by people who spent money on the product. Is it fair to change a product that someone payed for without their consent? One anon in the previous thread said that this was essentially the same as a bugfix, but I completely disagree
>>
>They were doing it to improve the animation quality. It's a fix, not a censor.
I don't buy this. It's directly said in the post (pic related) that they removed it because it went out of its way to show panty, because it was too gratuitously sexual. That is not a matter of animation quality, they're changing things because their opinions are now more politically correct, and they find the panty shots inappropriate. Fine if they've changed their views and denounce it, but just removing these things and being so insulting towards the ones who were concerned about the changes?Fuck that. Instead of making unnecessary changes to a product people already payed for, maybe they should make a new game with politically correct character designs that scream "please don't hurt us, SJWs!" ..Oh wait.

>It's not censorship because the devs did it of their own volition.
I agree that it'd be a lot more severe if they were heavily pressured by an outside force to do this (setting aside that I think this was probably heavily influenced by trying to appear more politically correct). But still, I think this is a censor of some kind, feel free to debate the definition of the word "censor" all you want, but that doesn't refute my point that I think this is a selfish and dishonest tactic that they used with this. They simply thought it was too overtly sexual, removed things as they saw fit, then insulted the people who disliked the changes and said that they had no input. I think this still counts as a censor, one imposed on CONSUMERS of the product by the developer, a product which was already payed for and rightfully owned by these consumers.

You COULD pirate an older version of the game, but it'll still force you to update it if you want to play it on Steam, and the people who own it on steam are people who legitimately supported these guys.

Seems unfair and unnecessary to me, but the biggest thing that pisses me off is the dev response, saying that it's not open to debate.
>>
People had the right not to download the update if they didn't want to, I don't see how this is any different than the devs putting out a balance change or otherwise updating the game normally.

In either case they're modifying the game and you have to either download the patch of stick to local MP/SP, and considering what a minor aesthetic change it is I don't see any reason personally to be bothered to ask them to revert it.
>>
File: 1435532327507-v.png (111 KB, 229x430) Image search: [Google]
1435532327507-v.png
111 KB, 229x430
>remove a bunch of Filia's panty shots
>keep Valentine's
I'm completely okay with this

>>318525602
Aren't Steam updates forced now?
>>
Doesn't this game literally have Zone-Tan in it? I mean, doesn't that instantly disqualify the need to remove anything questionable?
>>
>>318525703
>Aren't Steam updates forced now?
Are they?

I dunno, maybe I used some third party hack or some shit to turn that off and forgot about it, but I still gotta approve mine.
>>
Its the way they handled it that put me off. These retards should learn PR before they shoot themselves in the head.
>>
There's some serious internalized misogyny occurring here. Video game characters should be free to flash their panties if they want without fear of being slut shamed for the way they dress.
>>
>>318525789
In my experience, you can pause the updates, but it normally won't let you play unless you install the updates. Maybe it's different for different games, but I'd imagine that an online game like Skullgirls would require you to update.
>>
>>318525304
>I don't know which specific parts were removed
I love how you autist don't even play the game and just got triggered because you heard this somewhere, and then use it as an excuse to shitpost unfoudable threads it's fucking pathetic at this point.
>>
Honestly I had no idea. I don't really care.
>>
>make game whose strongest appeal is lewd cartoon girls
>advertise it specifically to the kinds of people who like lewd cartoon girls
>remove lewdness in later patch

I just hope people who paid for Skullgirls will all withdraw their indivisible pledges.
They're shitting on the plates of people who helped them out of financial bankruptcy and losing their jobs.
>>
>>318526571
>make game whose strongest appeal is lewd cartoon girls
That was never it.

The game's main selling points were always the hand-drawn animation, the art-nouveau inspired visual stylings, the fact it was being deliberately designed to introduce noobs to competitive fighters while also giving vets a robust set of mechanics to master, and the story of how the team was from the FGC itself and was joined together by their passion for it to make SG.

The lewd girls were never the main selling point.
>>
>>318526571
Still never backed that trash
>>
File: YntEEbt.jpg (316 KB, 2000x2287) Image search: [Google]
YntEEbt.jpg
316 KB, 2000x2287
Their reasoning makes sense to me, the changes are ( according to them ) generally insignificant, and it really doesn't actually affect the game so whatever. If the entire dev team agrees that they don't like a few fucking frames of animation and they decide that they're going to change it, they're completely within their right to do so. I don't get why everyone's getting their panties in a bunch over this.
>>
File: 1419155813189.png (534 KB, 1000x706) Image search: [Google]
1419155813189.png
534 KB, 1000x706
>>318525304
>updating such a minor detail in a 4 year old game

go work on indivisible fags
>>
>>318525912
Yeah, I completely agree. I honestly wouldn't have even bothered to argue about this until I saw that smug, "no arguments allowed" response the devs made.

From this debacle and everything I've seen from Mike Z's attitude, this team seems to have an extremely entitled attitude where they think that people should be throwing absurd amounts of money at them for comparatively piddling amounts of game content, but then they turn around and act like they don't owe a single thing to their consumers and that they don't have any say on the matter.

>>318526358
I just made a post in the previous thread mentioning it for like 2 sentences, as an additional reason that the devs are faggots, but then a bunch of people started arguing with me, demanding that I prove it's censorship, etc. So, I'm just opening the discussion again. And like I said, I don't have to play the game to criticize bad behavior on the part of the devs. I'm trying to vouch for people who bought the game and dislike these changes, while also giving people who are fine with the changes a chance to defend the devs and explain their perspective.
Honestly, not even that mad about the panty shot thing, I moreso generally dislike the attitude of the team, and I want to discuss the general ramifications of devs being able to "self-censor" a game that they've already released and people have already payed for.
>>
>>318526571
They should be stoned and executed, I want blood
>>
>>318525304
just removed my contribution of 50$ from their indie gogo.

noway am I gonna support cowards.that bow down to femnazis and sjws
>>
>>318526571
Yeah, that's what Skullgirls was marketed on, lewd girls. Because there's only two reasons anyone plays fighting games, eye candy or gory executions.
>>
>R-R-Remember guys! These devs surely aren't SJWs! It's just coincidence that literally 97% of the cast in Indivisible happen to be non-white women!
>>
>>318526871
If they are insignificant why do it and then say NOT UP FOR DEBATE YAY. That's not how you talk to fans and customers. This is typical indie dev prima donna ass hattery. Regret I gave Skull girls money like a year or two ago and sure as fuck ain't backing Indivisible.
>>
>apr 23, 2015
>>
>>318526976
With how bitchy people can get over even minor changes these days, I can understand where they're coming from with the "not up for debate " thing. Admittedly they could have worded it a bit more diplomatically, but I guess they just wanted to make it immediately clear that they've already made the decision and wanted to stop the pointless whining before it started.
>>
The Cerebella attack animation just looks better now, but the other two were I think Cerebella and Filia on the ground after being defeated and those are just a travesty to be lost.
>>
>>318527319
Why should they, exactly? They rely on their community and everything but I don't see why they should fucking start arguments over every single little change to the game that they make, especially when it's something so minor and where the only people who would complain are nitpicking assholes with no actual investment in the game ( see : the discussion surrounding it ). If every single member on the team agrees that this thing should be changed, then I don't see why they should first seek the input of Johnny Smartass before they go through with it.

People wouldn't even CARE if they didn't say that one part, that's what gets me. Oversensitive idiots are immediately taking the devs saying that a decision about their game has already been made as an affront to free speech and using it as " proof " that the devs are literally the single worst people who have ever existed because they changed a thing they didn't like about their own video game.
>>
Someone post the pre patch panty shots
>>
What makes this rageworthy to me is that devs almost never change or remove art content post-release. They'll try to fix bugs, introduce gameplay or perfomance fixes, they may even try and make the UI more functional, but they don't touch art.
The only example I can think of is when CDPR thought some of the voicework in The Witcher was so embarassing that they had it re-recorded.

So when a dev does just that, it means that they think that there's something seriously wrong with that content. When they remove something because they think it's inappropriate, that's like saying
>That thing you liked about the game? It's disgusting, and you should be ashamed for liking it, you fucking pig!
>>
>>318526976
Okay, please play/pirate the game, just play 10 minutes it's fun and lewd.

In my opinion you're limiting the artist freedom by labeling them as SJW whenever they try to edit anything lewd, it's really not different from SJW operandi. Anyways the fanbase of this game loves lewd, if they were to remove it we will be the first to complain so please stop being so extreme against this company by boycotting everything they make (again SJW operandi) this one of my favorite games holy shit.
>>
>>318528021
They didn't completely redesign the characters from the ground up, they changed like 10 frames of animation. This isn't exactly unheard of, especially in stuff like fighting games.
>>
It seems like a ridiculous amount of effort for something that inconsequential, I'm sure quite a few hours were spent redrawing that shit only to fix something nobody thought was a problem, besides those that would hate the rest of the pantyshots anyway.
I can kind of see where they're coming from with their reasoning, but it still seems like a stupid, trivial detail to spend time fixing, and thus an unnecessary and risky (especially now that people are sick of games getting less sexy for possible backlash) move.
>>
>>318525535
the changes look a lot better though. Except for one with fillia in which i think the change looks worse.

I don't think its a censor. They left so much gratuitous sexuality in the game that censoring 3-4 instances of it because they want to censor the game is nonsensical. What is even achieved doing that?
>>
You can think something is overly sexual while still enjoying fanservice and lewdness, man. Hell Filia's original timeout was Samson tearing her shirt off leaving her to cover her breasts. It was dropped for the same reason. Parasoul's wake-up animation was similarly changed because it was just her (practically bare) ass for several seconds.

The more recent one (for Cerecopter, since you don't seem to know what animation was even changed) still has a panty flash, it just isn't a solid couple seconds of panties.

Also bear in mind this is still the game with an Egyptian cabaret singer in a low cut dress, a catgirl with constant well-defined underboob, and a Ninja nurse in skimpy clothing with breasts literally hot enough to pop a thermometer. If they were really "becoming more PC" these would have been removed or not even exist.

Honestly it's like if the creator of Senran Kagura had a few nipples poking-out, but removed them because he thought it was a bit over the top, but left all the panties and huge tits. It's miniscule and at the actual discretion of an artist for personal reasons, not bending knee to SJWs.

Furthermore, if you want to make the claim that they shouldn't be allowed to change the game without consumer approval, you have to pretty much do the same for every single patch for every game ever.

I get the concern considering recent shit involving Nintendo or Koei-Tecmo, but this is seriously a case of picking your battles.

I will say, however, that Mike Z is always very blunt and often is pretty much a PR nightmare and Lab Zero needs to do a better job of having him shut up in these situations. It's one thing when he's arguing balance in SG updates because more often than not he was right about issues (even implementing fan suggestions to show how bad they were) but as right as he is about how the consumer shouldn't have too much power in a dev's creative process, his bluntness becomes rude and nasty. I like Mike Z but he can very much be a dick
>>
>>318526976
>From this debacle and everything I've seen from Mike Z's attitude, this team seems to have an extremely entitled attitude where they think that people should be throwing absurd amounts of money at them for comparatively piddling amounts of game content, but then they turn around and act like they don't owe a single thing to their consumers and that they don't have any say on the matter.

holy shit the level at which you people project
>>
>>318528192
>What is even achieved doing that?
Pissing off people who use terms like " SJW " and " Censorship " on a regular basis, clearly.
>>
>>318528143
From my understanding the frames were already made a while ago and were just not implemented until recently.
>>
>>318525703
a bunch = 2
>>318525789
>>318526030
you need the game to be updated to play online
>>
Someone will mod it back.
>>
>>318528141
Yeah, but would they have done that if they simply thought that those frames don't look that good aesthetically? Probably not.

Aside from the TW1 example I mentioned, the only instances I recall when a dev changed art content post-release were made because someone found it inappropriate.
>>
>>318526871
Removing frames in a fighting game when everything relies on counting frames is one if the worst things you could ever do
>>
>>318528332
nigger the last revision is 2 years ago, the edits were made 2 years ago. Fucking play the fucking game jesus christ, is the birth of new opposite SJW cancer?
>>
The fuck is this? This is not what I paid for.
>>
>>318528557
oh boy

you really don't understand how frames work
>>
>>318528471
Why would anyone mod a couple of poorly drawn frames back into the game?
>>
>>318525304
how desperate do you have to be that this is the most important aspect of the game, it still plays the same right? you still beat people up and shit?

does none of the gameplay matter at all? or is the only reason you bought the game to ogle fanservice panty shots?

i mean christ, nobody likes anita and the SJW brigade, but pick your fucking battles.
>>
>>318525703
It's not even that many panty shots removed. Fillia and Cerebella still have a lot of frames where you can see them even after the patch.

People have just been making mountains out of molehills because everyone lately have been a bit cheesed by censorship issues.
>>
>>318525304
Without the consent of consumers?

Doesn't your type complain when SJW's get stuff removed that it goes "against the artist's vision"?

It seems like its the opposite case here, where the artists chose to remove stuff because it was part of their vision. Now you just reverse your argument?
>>
>>318525535

>Fine if they've changed their views and denounce it, but just removing these things and being so insulting towards the ones who were concerned about the changes?Fuck that.

why

who gives a shit

>But still, I think this is a censor of some kind

if taste is censorship i guess not liking metallica is immoral on some level?
>>
>>318527375
That just brings me back to the issue I have with developers changing UNNECESSARY things without letting fans weigh in on it. Sure, maybe now there are a decent amount of people defending the decision, but what if they had ASKED their consumers BEFORE making the changes? What if they had said "hey, people who PAYED MONEY to play this game and are currently paying for our rent, meals, etc., would you be okay with us removing some panty shots from the game for no real reason aside from that we personally dislike them now because they're too overtly sexual?" I doubt that there would be a lot of people agreeing to that.

>>318527770
Actually, I'M Johnny Smartass. But the people who bought this game with their money and dislike the changes that the devs are making to a product that they, the consumer, rightfully own? You think those people don't deserve to be able to speak up? There are people in THIS VERY THREAD that say they payed for the game and dislike this decision on the part of the devs.
And yes, as a matter of fact, it does make me more angry that the devs add insult to injury by acting like complete dicks about the subject when people raise concern. I'd still be kinda pissed with just the panty shot thing, and I generally think Mike Z is a complete faggot, and I think their money-begging campaigns for both Skullgirls and Indivisible have gone way too far, and I'm trying to spread some awareness of their selfish, douchey behavior so that people can make a more informed decision on whether they want to support these faggots or not.
>>
Where can I see some comparison video/gif? I haven't played in quite some time so I have no idea what's going on.
>>
File: 1435283344895.png (224 KB, 756x534) Image search: [Google]
1435283344895.png
224 KB, 756x534
ITT: Rebels without a cause, which includes not having actually played Skullgirls.
>>
File: jjjjj.jpg (193 KB, 733x745) Image search: [Google]
jjjjj.jpg
193 KB, 733x745
>>318525304
ATTENTION ANONS
THIS IS A PUBLICITY STUNT AS A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO RAISE ATTENTION TO THEIR NEW GAME, AND GET SJW SUPPORT. HIDE THREAD AND MOVE ON
>>
File: 1448966036869.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448966036869.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>318528889
>>
>>318528531
Changes that happen because devs aren't happy with how things look aesthetically happen all the time in fighting games. Just look at Rising Thunder ( admittedly it's more common in RT because it's still in development, but still ) to see what I mean.

Also, again, if the entire dev team agrees that it's inappropriate, you can't really argue pressure there. The game has tons of lewdness, they just decided that they didn't like how these frames were super blatant compared to the rest of the game's comparative subtlety. That's still an aesthetic decision, like it or not.
>>
>>318528648
>2 years ago

Maybe on, like, the fucking 360
>>
>>318527953

This
>>
>>318525304
Who cares?
>>
No one actually cares about Skullgirls or the removed frames--which i bet the majority of people who are upset never noticed the removal of--it's just a bunch of people who probably don't play the game looking for an excuse to feel morally outraged (just like those SJW's this board hates)
>>
>>318527770
>something so minor

If it's minor, don't change it. They should care what their players think because they are your patrons. If you run a hotel, and customer(s) says "hey why did you change this and that" "We talked among ourselves and agreed it was insignificant but we changed it and it's not up for debate :)." You really think you aren't gonna tick people off by marginalizing a change they don't agree with? Feel free to but don't act surprised when they think bad of you for END OF RINE attitudes to people's concerns.
>>
>>318528659
How does it not effect timing? Fighting games are based directly on timing of animated frames
>>
>>318529054
this
>>
>>318528985
lol, it really is fucking nothing.
>>
>wasting time and money on censoring panty shots
Maybe you should have thought about it when you first made the game.
>>
>>318529078
because they didnt remove frames dumbass, they replaced them with panty-shotless frames
>>
File: 1448845987209.jpg (953 KB, 1063x1600) Image search: [Google]
1448845987209.jpg
953 KB, 1063x1600
It's one thing to not give a shit about what a community says about their games, but it's the fact that they pander to whiney feminazis is what makes me not want to touch skullgirls ever again.

Fuck them. I wont buy any other games from them if thats the case.
>>
>>318528985
I like the old one better. Doesn't even seem as forced as the image in the OP seems to imply either.
>>
>>318525535
>they're censoring the game!!!
>devs state they're leaving 90% of the other panties alone
Hmm...
>>
>>318528985
Lol seems pretty weird they would change something so inconsequential. And it seems pretty weird that people would get so buthurt about it. In that one instance you showed I think new one looks better but it's like one frame so I can't really see the reason to be so mad.
>>
>>318529175
hoo is fluid driud
>>
File: 1448872902602.jpg (170 KB, 1088x962) Image search: [Google]
1448872902602.jpg
170 KB, 1088x962
>>318527953
>>318529039
Here ya go.
>>
I don't know why you guys are complaining.
Filia still makes an ahegao face when she gets hit, and Valentine is still slutting it up the whole time.

But two panty shots getting removed bother you?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>don't give a fuck about pantyshots
>don't give a fuck about t&a
>mfw all this mad
>>
>>318525304
>Mainly I take issue with the fact that they removed these things without the consent of their consumers
Oh horse shit. It's called a fucking patch, and everyone and their mother does it. It feels like I see a thread about a new WoW player character model roughly every week. You're just butthurt because this one lines up with the big bad SJW bogeyman.
>>
>>318528985
wow
its fucking nothing
>>
>>318528897
>enjoy game
>something that I never noticed before gets edited 2 years ago
>Anti-Censorship Justice Warriors convinces everyone with their autism to boycott all games and bankrupt company
>no more games lol
T-thanks freedom
>>
>>318529314

thanks
>>
File: Even THIS had panty shots.png (4 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Even THIS had panty shots.png
4 MB, 1920x1200
>>318525304
I don't get it.

With ALL the faults in gameplay that Skull Girls still has, why focus time, money, and attention on swapping roughly 9 total frames of animation to hide the characer's undergarments...in a game whose entire premise and sell point is cute/sexy/weird young women looking and acting cute/sexy while they beat the shit out of each other in a Japanese Animation-themed fighting game?
>>
>>318529175
>pander to whiny feminazis
Sauce?
>>
>>318528773
Difference being that SJWs don't buy games, they just complain about them.

>>318528332
OK, that's different. If it's something they planned since before the release or near at and it was an internal decision, I can't really blame them. Then again, I didn't buy the game. If Firaxis suddenly decided to make Theodora less slutty in Civ V, I'd be mad.
>>
File: cerecopter.gif (570 KB, 800x511) Image search: [Google]
cerecopter.gif
570 KB, 800x511
the damn skirt looked weird as fuck
I'm glad they improved the animation, couldn't care less about one less pantyshot out of cerebellas 200 other ones
>>
File: 1366557146427.jpg (31 KB, 413x425) Image search: [Google]
1366557146427.jpg
31 KB, 413x425
>>318525535
>It's not censorship because the devs did it of their own volition.

That's called auto-censorship you faggot. It's still censorship.
>>
File: sensible_chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible_chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>318529175
>FaceDownAssUpUniversity
>>
Literally nothing wrong with this.

Slowgirls is still a piece of shit fighting game, though.
>>
>>318529446
I dont know her name but i know its not a girl. Plus theres somewhat of a source at the bottom.
>>
>>318527319
It's worse than that, it's not just people that merely own the game that they are pissing off.
Many of these people they are shutting out ACTIVELY helped the game to be actually made by helping to crowdfund it
>>
>>318529078
the amount of frames in an animation is not the same as the counted frames that make up the 60 in a second of gameplay

You can have an animation consist of 100 animated frames but have it start up in 5, last for 5 and recover for 5, just as an example. This is the reason why in stuff like killing floor 2 the reloading animations have a million frames, yet it doesn't take any longer to reload than less detailed animations in other games.

I doubt i'm explaining it right since i'm not an animator or programmer but If you go into training room and look at the moves frame data its identical to how it was before the change.

Besides, they just replaced the frames instead of cutting them
>>
>>318529647
>not a girl
it's always you types who bitch and moan about this.
>>
>>318529354
A patch is when you fix something that is broken and/or does not work properly.

An Update is when you want to make a change, make an addition to game play, or remove something that is no longer supported.

I'm not certain what to call something that actively removes/alters something that wasn't broken to begin with and was only objectionable to those who were not the consumers.
>>
File: 1425172507991.png (363 KB, 800x945) Image search: [Google]
1425172507991.png
363 KB, 800x945
The worst thing about this thread is that there are bound to be some retarded anons who don't do their own research and get caught up in the bullshit that the OP is spewing, who most likely will go on to harass the L0 devs with their boundless stupidity.
>>
>>318529314
That Filia panty shot is glorious tho, and I wouldn't say that it's too deliberate compared to the rest of the game.
>>
>>318529314
top and middle ones seem reasonable enough

bottom one looks weird now because the skirt is so short but the legs just mysteriously keep going
>>
>>318529585
but its not even censorship, they redrew a couple of frames and left hundreds of other panty shots in the game.

you are literally making a mountain out of a small pile of grains on the side of a molehill.
>>
>>318529494
Exactly. It's not the first time they've dine this in the game, and it's for a more incidental and not gratuitous feel, it's not to cater to SJWs. This is an actual case of aesthetic choice and not just a smokescreen.
>>
>>318529647
since when did they make traps so fine
>>
>>318528868
The notion of wanting to raise awareness of shitty business practices and shoddy devs is admirable, but if out of all the awful people out there right now you're seriously raising shit over a change being made that the game's actual fanbase ( as in people who play the game regularly, talk on the forums regularly and support it, not the dicks who got the game on a sale a year ago and played for two hours, and then claim that their opinion on the fighting game is valid ) is more than okay with, then you're just being an alarmist douchebag.

This is a genuine non-issue, and the only reason there's any amount of fuss being made over it is because of the recent shitstorms about supposed censorship and how a lot of video games are straying away from oversexualizing female characters. You don't have to like the devs ( god knows they don't make much of an effort to appease everyone ), but you're blatantly wrong if you're saying they're not good at what they do and good to their community. Go find a dev that's actually a shit, there's more than enough of them out there.
>>
>>318529728
>Many of these people they are shutting out ACTIVELY
Who are they shutting out?
>>
Friendly reminder that the edits happened over a year and a half ago, in mid-2014

Friendly reminder that the only people who give a shit are the people who didn't play Skullgirls in the first place
>>
>>318529647

I asked for a source on them pandering to feminazis you fucking jamoke.
>>
>>318525304
Kill yourself
>>
>>318529314
Welp. Still pretty inconsequential imho. And artistically the only change you can really be against is the filia since I think the first one is actually more anatomically correct. But again, incosequential.
>>
>>318529564
>the damn skirt looked weird as fuck

Seems like it should be obvious that is why it changed. Especially when think about it after looking at >>318528985

It just doesn't make sense for the skirt to look that way.
>>
>>318529283

It's almost like /v/ jumps off the fucking rails at anything "censorship" related without observing context or scale of changes. This place has had this pathetic mentality ever since TORtanic and their desire to have LE NEXT EPIC CRASH for games.
>>
>>318529829
I sincerely wish I had an answer for you.
>>
>>318529892
People that have any complaints or concerns about the changes
See the OP
>>
>>318529647
>>318529758
>>318529829
It's a girl
>>
>>318529338
Found the Gay Guy!
>>
>>318529813
Well, if they did replace other frames for different reasons before, then I was wrong and people really are whining over nothing here. Thanks.
>>
>>318529354
>>318529054
>>318528053

Holy shit, too many people calling me a "reverse SJW" to even bother quoting them all. Think you're bringing some real original arguments to the table, huh? Maybe you retards haven't seen the multiple times in this thread that I've reiterated that I think CONSUMERS who have ALREADY PAYED for a game that's finished, should not have content REMOVED from the game THEY ALREADY PAYED FOR over unnecessary bullshit like this. It's just a false equivalence to say that's the same as SJWs demanding devs remove things based on their sensibilities. Here I'm arguing that they pulled a switcheroo on consumers and are forcefully editing a product the consumer rightfully owns, when the game already existed and was payed for in a previous form. How fucking hard is that for you to wrap your minds around? And somehow me just spreading awareness of it, giving my two cents, and even saying that I'm open to seeing defense of the devs, is somehow me trying to censor them? SJWs do far worse than that. You're seriously grasping at straws THAT hard to act like I'm being a reverse-SJW here?

>>318529585
I know, I was quoting the hypothetical faggots who would (and did) make that argument.

>>318529762
this
>>
>>318525535
>because it went out of its way to show panty, because it was too gratuitously sexual. That is not a matter of animation quality
yes it is, the animation didn't make sense in order to show panty for no other reason than to show panty
that is an inferior panty shot that dilutes the value of true panty shots

according to manyuu hikenchou (although in reference to nipple instead of pantsu, I believe the principle still applies) "deliberately revealing them is infinitely inferior to a true nip slip"
>>
>>318530092
bummer
>>
>>318529809
>you are literally making a mountain out of a small pile of grains on the side of a molehill.

Slippery slope something something.
>>
File: 543675341.jpg (5 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
543675341.jpg
5 KB, 256x197
>>318529586
>go to site
>can't find a single image of a girl with her face down and her ass up
I feel deeply betrayed.
>>
File: 1448316253089.gif (2 MB, 190x300) Image search: [Google]
1448316253089.gif
2 MB, 190x300
>>318529446
You don't really need a source when all the evidence in this thread points directly at feminazis.
>>
>>318528985
The real question is: are they going to censor more of it?
>>
>>318529206
It looks worse in motion if someone has a gif of the old cerecopter animation
I prefer the new one because the dress shows off the curve of her ass and you still see a little peek of pantsu from between her thighs.
>>
>Lab 8 censoring their own work

*heavy sigh* I guess I'll just pull the 200 I pledged to Indivisible. I'm really disappointed in them, I thought for sure they were safe from SJW menace.
>>
It's like this. If it were never in the game it wouldn't matter. No one would say anything about the lack of panty shots, it would just be a game. Arcana Heart goes out of its way to PREVENT panty shots and no one cares.

But it was in the game. It was a part of the design. We saw it. By taking it away it's like they're saying that the players aren't mature enough to handle panties. It doesn't matter if it was a decision made internally, even Mike Z said in regards to balancing and gameplay design that at some point of the game being out there and played for long enough, it's not just YOUR game anymore, the players have a part of it as well. They made a decision on behalf of the players without consulting the players. Okay I guess, if it makes you feel better and gives you the warm and fuzzies to help you sleep at night knowing your game tries to hide its underwear better, but at the end of the day you caused a controversy where there didn't need to be one.
>>
>>318530280
No because the other frames are fine and make sense within their animations.
>>
>>318529908
I'm pretty much with you on this. Didn't even know these little edits happened until yesterday while browsing /v/. I was too busy looking through the patch notes for balance changes/adjustments back then. Seems like this is only coming up now because some of /v/ is really hung up on crying censorship or just hating Indivisble/Crowdfunded anything.
>>
>>318530086
noone in the actual community is complaining. It's just us on /v/ getting triggered by something we think is sjw influence
>>
>>318530137
They replaced other frames for THE SAME reason (see: Parasoul's wake-up animation) and nobody put up a stink.

This is pretty much purely the result of SJW paranoia and fear of legitimate cases of censorship causing people to freak out about things like this despite knowing nothing about the context.
>>
>>318528676
Why would someone make a thread about a couple of poorly drawn frames being changed in a game every single day?
>>
>>318530086

>concerns about the changes
>IT'S CENSORSHIP
>I-IT'S CHANGING THE PRODUCT THAT I BOUGHT! THE SINGLE FRAME OF PANTY SHOT OUT OF 80 PANTY SHOTS IN THE MOVES LIST IS LITERALLY ONE OF THE PILLARS THAT MADE UP MY ORIGINAL DESIRE TO PLAY THIS GAME
>MUH FEMINISM
>MUH ESS JAY DUBYA PANDERING

Good, I'm glad they shut you retards out. For all you faggots that bitch about "artistic integrity" you sure as fuck don't like it when artists mutually agree that something looks better with a minor addition if it means it could be construed as something a conservative anti-sex feminist could be happy with.
>>
>>318530424
>noone in the actual community is complaining.

I checked the steam board and saw three topics, one with 100+ posts. I'm sure they are just agreeing amongst themselves.
>>
>>318530241
>evidence

You mean wild speculation and claims that the sky is falling?
>>
>>318525991
3/10
>>
>>318530280
According to them, no. They actually had these changes planned since before Skullgirls' initial release and they haven't really found anything else that really bugs them as much as those few instances.

Not to mention they're going to be pretty busy over the next couple years, they probably wouldn't have time to work on Skullgirls even if they wanted to.
>>
>>318530149
A few frames getting redrawn isn't content being removed, you fucking mongoloid, it's content being changed. Every single frame that has been removed has been replaced with a different, generally better one. The only way your supposed argument even starts to make sense is that you're saying that the total panty shot count going down from 200 to 197 is somehow the consumer getting fucked over, which is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard on /v/ in the last few months. Do you actually just not know anything about the game you're talking about, or is this a very stupid albeit successful troll?
>>
>>318529314
>Skirts suddenly longer and no longer adhering to physics
What a disgusting change
>>
File: 1448312315447.jpg (31 KB, 408x701) Image search: [Google]
1448312315447.jpg
31 KB, 408x701
>>318530376
Yeah but the whole point of skullgirls is to be lewd while having fun kicking ass.

Might as well make all the girls in the game wear ugly long huge dresses along with hijabs.

Because afterall, that's all what feminazis are doing, they're trying to bring the muslim tradition of censoring women.
>>
>>318529314
Its so minimal I don't understand what the big deal is. You are losing your shit over something so insignificant.

Of all the hills to die fighting on, you choose this one.
>>
>>318530472
Lol what a c.uck
>>
>>318530376
the panty change was planned in advance though, they only got to it back then though
>>
>>318525304

This is a much more grey line than NoA censoring stuff they didn't make

I agree that it's annoying tyat they altered the product in this way AFTER purchase, and that makes me wonder if future game could have larger bits edited out or some such. In addition, yes, it's clear that saying they're not doing it for decency reasons is a lie

That said, this is ACTUALLY and unlike other situations where shitposters claim it is a developer directly making the choice about how their game is presented, so I can't get too worked up about it

But yeah, it would have been better if these changes were made before release.
>>
>>318525304
>Is it fair to change a product that someone payed for without their consent?

I think the specific issue you're complaining about is trivial but the general issue you're pointing out is important.

I remember that one of the reasons I bought a PS3 was to dick around with Linux on it, but Sony removed that functionality with an update.

Given all the insane EULAs you have to agree to do absolutely anything at all these days they probably have every legal right to do whatever the fuck they want.

But is it ethical? Not really
>>
>>318530660

Upvoted.
>>
>>318530630
>Yeah but the whole point of skullgirls is to be lewd while having fun kicking ass.
yeah but what kind of lewd

lewd that makes sense in it's context

or blatant lewd with no context whatsoever just to pander to neckbeards?

because the first one is still right there and the second one is just trashy
>>
File: bb.jpg (23 KB, 220x280) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
23 KB, 220x280
>People who don't play Skullgirls acting like this is new when it happened literal years ago
>People who don't play Skullgirls acting like this was done to appeal to SJWs when the developers themselves admit the choice was made internally
>People who don't play Skullgirls acting like the rest of the game is going to be censored because they don't know this happened YEARS AGO, and that the devs have kept their promise on not altering anything else

You are a group of people who don't play the game you're complaining about, requesting that the developers make changes that they don't want to make so they can appeal to you, a person who doesn't play the game. What does that sound like to you?
>>
>>318529870
>The notion of wanting to raise awareness of shitty business practices and shoddy devs is admirable, but if out of all the awful people out there right now you're seriously raising shit over a change being made that the game's actual fanbase ( as in people who play the game regularly, talk on the forums regularly and support it, not the dicks who got the game on a sale a year ago and played for two hours, and then claim that their opinion on the fighting game is valid ) is more than okay with, then you're just being an alarmist douchebag.

Except for the multiple people in this thread who made pretty damn big contributions to the Indivisible campaign and now have retracted those donations? Would these anons >>318530341
>>318527098
have made these contributions if they're the "fake fans" you claim them to be? Fuck all of you retards who keep trying to pretend like it's only some tiny, tiny minority of people who bought the game that didn't want these changes. >>318530518 Yeah, there's a lot of controversy on this topic.

But you dumbasses go ahead and keep going "b-but it's just an insignificant change to a few frames!!!! NOBODY CARES!!! S-STOP CARING!!!!!!!!!"
>>
>>318529870
That's because the people that have a problem with the censorship and bring up the topic get the banhammer.

My friends and I have played SG since its Steam release. It eventually became our goto game for when we just wanted to chill in lobbies after work.

We stopped after the censorship. None of us were comfortable with cultural Marxism creeping into our free time.

We play Terraria now.
>>
>>318525304
>women act like sluts in real world
>you can't recreate that in video games

feminist logic
>>
>>318529314
The Filia one was fucking glorious, and one of my favorite shots. This is bullshit.
I'm also not a big fan of the shading in the ones on the right. The few highlights on the left are way more subtle and less pillowlike.
>>
>>318529314
I can understand the first ones, but it's a damn shame about the Filia & Cerebella ones. They immediately made me think of censored version of Jap games.
You can immediately tell that there was something sexy going on there originally.
>>
File: tumblr_npryk5MSn81uxkh18o1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npryk5MSn81uxkh18o1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x550
>>318530582
I sense that perhaps there are a few devs from skullgirls monitoring this thread and defending their feminist pandering.
>>
>>318530660
>calls people the c word
>breaks it up with a period
there's only one kek here, senpai.
>>
>>318530149
ITS PAID. ITS SPELLED P A I D. PAID.
>>
>>318530149
The reverse-SJW part I was only speaking in general of other posts here of people acting like SJW they despise, I didn't read all your shit tl:dr

play the fucking game
>>
>>318530647
>Of all the hills to die fighting on

This seems like a real popular phrase lately
>>
>>318528985

the angle of attack has changed slightly in the animation, look closely.

i don't think this has anything to do with panties. they're just cleaning up animation.
>>
>>318530376

>literally one frame out of over 50 observable panty shot frames changed because the artists agreed that it looked a little goofy
>acting like they removed a character or changed the gameplay
>muh censorship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are animations with these characters literally sitting spread legged where you can see their pelvic bones and panties. They changed a S I N G L E frame because it looked goofy. You're literally as bad as the "feminazis" when you blow up over absurdly insignificant shit like this.
>>
File: 1447024787669.png (322 KB, 434x405) Image search: [Google]
1447024787669.png
322 KB, 434x405
I don't know what to find most weird.
People complaining about censorship, or the fact that the developers change such a trivial thing in a old dead game.
>>
The main thing wrong with Cerebella's Cerecopter is that the change makes the skirt inconsistent. Bella's skirt is short and loose, cuz you know, acrobat and such. We know this cuz in her super, Bella's skirt actually flips down in a loose manner. That said, it stands to reason that many of her attacks flip her skirt up and about, even Cerecopter. The change makes her skirt act like Parasoul's, which is much tighter around the butt and thighs. If she were to perform Bella's LV 3 super her skirt would most likely slide down her figure, rather than flipping like Bella's does.

I'm all for making stuff look better, but that frame in particular looks worse. It's whatever though.
>>
>>318530647
Exactly, it's silly that the developers lost their shit over something so insignificant and took the time to change it.
>>
File: 1361152570352.jpg (96 KB, 453x576) Image search: [Google]
1361152570352.jpg
96 KB, 453x576
>>318530775
>people in thread say they have removed their backing from indivisble campaign
>money in campaign has gone up since I last looked yesterday
>>
>>318530663
At what point do you look at a change like that and say, "The game has already been out for over a year and changing these animations would cost X amount of dollars, who gives a shit?"

It's business decisions like this that explain why Lab Zero is constantly in financial trouble. Sure, let's spend who knows how much money to fix frames that affect nothing because we're bothered by seeing upper thigh. That's a great idea.
>>
>>318525304

You see, saying "our standards have gone up" is one of those things that just makes you sound like a smug cunt.
>>
File: 1447957288595.jpg (329 KB, 1200x1630) Image search: [Google]
1447957288595.jpg
329 KB, 1200x1630
>>318530772
When the hell did sexual content ever need context?

Are you fucking seriously defending the censorship? Are you a girl?
>>
>>318530779
>we played a fighting game together for years and then immediately stopped because 28 frames out of over 20,000 were slightly edited
sure
>>
I mean, it makes sense what they're saying, it's how fucking smug they are about it that's pissing me off.
>>
>>318526814
> Honestly believing this
> When 99% of the fanbase doesn't even play the game and just fawns over shit like FILLIA IS THICK
>>
>>318531003

You should watch the full animation. Originally the shirt flew way up for one frame just so that panty shot could exist. It looks okay in the context of a still image, but in the animation it looked janky.
>>
File: 1334077382803.jpg (15 KB, 250x337) Image search: [Google]
1334077382803.jpg
15 KB, 250x337
>>318530779
>Don't like Cultural Marxism
>Play Terraria where the black NPC can hook up with your female NPCs

Pretty keky senpai
>>
>>318530376
This so fucking much, thank you for articulating that point better than I could.

>>318530663
And? They released the product, took the money, and clearly didn't make it widely known that they were making these changes until the controversy blew up over it. They easily could've damage controlled here, but they didn't, they just changed things as they saw fit and acted insulting towards people who bought their product and disagreed with how they changed it after the purchase.
>>
>>318530472
>when artists mutually agree

I have these european comics published by cinebook that use this logic to justify why they (cinebook) drew clothes on naked people, usually on the first page of the book. It doesn't mean anything when artists seem to pretty much agree to everything the guy giving him money decides.
>>
>>318530593
Well then there's literally no issue here.

Also, it's a real good marketing ploy for them especially since they have that indivisible kickstarter running.

I still think Indivisible is going to be shit due to it trying to emulate VP's horrible combat system.
>>
they wanted to clean up early animations that were subpar.

Honestly itd be impossible to change animations in this game and not affect panty shots seeing as they're in every other frame
>>
>>318525304
Seems like a lot of effort to remove something so trivial.

Can't rhey just shrug their shoulders and say what's done is done and keep it in mind not to do it again in the future?
>>
>>318530961

Because if we're being for real? This is a L0 dumping thread. It might as well be an Indivisble thread camouflaged as a "MUH CENSORSHIP"
>>
>>318531074
The estimated cost of all those frames being cleaned up was 65 dollars.
>>
>>318530341
No-one is safe from the SJW menace.
>>
>>318531137

Once again

>comparing L I T E R A L L Y changing a single frame out of 20,000 in an ANIMATION to covering the entirety of a naked body

How is this making them more money you monkey? They didn't blow it out on Twitter, they didn't say they're "toning down the game" to not be "creepy" they just said the artists didn't like certain frames and then changed them.
>>
>>318530890
And I sense that you can't accept someone having a different opinion from you and automatically blame it on shilling in an attempt to dismiss instead of addressing the allegations or even agreeing to disagree. I also sense such an ingrained and yet unfocused sense of fear and hatred for SJWs that anything that can be related to them despite Olympian mental gymnastics and flagrant disregard of Occam's razor is hit with a shotgun blast of impotent rage, stale memes, and burying your head in the fucking sand.
>>
>>318531024

Not a single time have they brought it up after they acknowledged they did it so you taking my words and reversing their meaning means jack shit.
>>
>>318530774
>hey it didnt happen right now so we cant talk about it
>hey you gotta believe the devs on whatever they say right
>>
>>318530772
>The skirt magically longer during the animation
>Ignores how physics actually work so the pantyshot doesn't happen
>THEY'RE JUST MAKING THINGS MAKE SENSE GUYS WOW
>>
>>318531103
I have. It still looks jank even with the change. They need to clean it up more, honestly.
>>
>>318531086
refer to manyuu hikenchou reference
>>318530160
wish i had the screenshot I usually post on me but I'm at work.
>>
Would anyone here be complaining if they changed some shots to show -more- panty?

If they did that and some twitter warrior threw a fit, everyone here would be spazzing out trying to defend the devs with "It's their game so it's their choice!"

This has nothing to do with censorship or artistic integrity, it's just more political bullshit in this neverending "war" of ideologies. The entire "issue" is someone expressing a viewpoint that could in any conceivable way be interpreted as liberal or feminist.
>>
File: pantsuGATE.jpg (1 MB, 1392x1086) Image search: [Google]
pantsuGATE.jpg
1 MB, 1392x1086
>>318525304
>>318529314
not this shit again, its already debunked and you still has gall to beat the dead horse
>>
>>318530836
>I'm also not a big fan of the shading in the ones on the right. The few highlights on the left are way more subtle and less pillowlike.

I noticed this too, but I think the original unedited sprites were picked up from some kind of asset viewer. Think it is very likely they would have similar shading as to what is on the right in game.
>>
There really isn't anything you can do aside from saying you're unhappy about the way the company has gone about things and you're no longer going to support them. It's not really censorship, but it is a really shitty thing to do regardless.

Don't support bad localizations, don't support political correctness, don't support shitty devs.
>>
ive been on this board for 8 years and i've never seen it be this cancer
>>
>>318529564
Can we get a full gif of the censored version?
>>
>>318526814
>this delusion

holy shit
>>
The change was so minor that I believe this was just an attempt to drum up controversy, so they'd be in the spotlight again. After all their new game Indivisibleâ„¢ is being crowdfunded and their player base was dwindling.
>>
>>318530774
> Oh no there are people who disagree with me! I better assume that they don't actually play the game so I can easily dismiss their opinion!
>>
>>318526814
>The lewd girls were never the main selling point.
For you.
You just listed a bunch of stuff many people don't care as much about (the story behind development, or making it more accessible). A lot things were selling points, including the sometimes sexualized character designs and kinky animations, just look at a lot of fanart for example, or videos of that jap guy that are 20min-long panty shot treasure hunts for each character that get tens of thousands of views. Even I was commissioned to do a 34 of this game pre-launch.

I don't see how you deny it's a selling point when many autists complain about the lack of r34 potential in indivisible compared to skullgirls.

It was a selling point just as any other.
>>
>>318531215
Well they might have been just cleaning up animations. I mean the best thing about the game are its visuals so mby they just wanted to keep them great since fixing gameplay would require much more work.
>>
>>318530626
More like
>Skirts don't suddenly get shorter and adhere to DOA physics during the animation
>>
>>318531215
They did say what's done is done, though. They're not doing the second thing because they don't think they did anything wrong (and they didn't). They change animations often, this particular change is just garnering a lot of attention because the ant-SJW force caught whiff of it.
>>
>>318531405
Have we scored a BINGO in this thread yet? I'm pretty sure we have.
>>
>>318529564
What's weird about it? She's making a quick downward motion at the end, leading to the skirt looking like that.
>>
>>318531074
at a point at which development for the game is almost done (which it is now) and you get to the low priority changes

>>318531086
whenever it wants to be more than blatant "fapbait"

>>318531127
they did make it known, what are you talking about?
it only blew up now so that people have something to shitpost about in Indivisible threads
>>
>>318531138
>marketing ploy
They made the change six months ago and made a single comment on it
When questions about it started popping up again they were really surprised that anyone was talking about it, especially when they were acting like it just happened.
>>
>>318531379
You are going to dismiss the entirety of the game that is Skullgirls. Over what? Five frames of panties? What point does this fucking prove? You saw the panties for a split second. IN A FIGHTING GAME.
>>
>>318531375
Yeah, I think that's most likely the case. I guess they have some kind of "dynamic" lighting on their sprites in-game. It doesn't look that great in my opinion, but whatever.
>>
File: tl9XjDH.gif (1 MB, 400x643) Image search: [Google]
tl9XjDH.gif
1 MB, 400x643
>>318525304
Getting mad about panty shot removals in a fighting game? Or any game?

You need to re-assess your priorities.
>>
>>318531490
does your T-Shirt magically fly up when you bend down?
>>
>>318526814
>introduce noobs to competitive fighters
By completely raping them with MvC style infinites, yeah, makes sense.
>b-b-but the tutorial was good! It teaches you to dash
>>
>>318531536
Panties which are basically onscreen 90% of the game regardless, let's not forget. I'm convinced this entire thing is one elaborate troll.
>>
>>318531574
it does have a dynamic lighting system for each stage. And it looks awesome
>>
>>318531372
So the developer's explanation is full of shit?
>>
>>318529314

This is what we're arguing about

Holy shit m8s

Pick a different battle
>>
>>318531593
>on a Mongolian throat singing forum for video games
>lecturing others about priorities
>>
File: No_Fun_Allowed.png (228 KB, 292x310) Image search: [Google]
No_Fun_Allowed.png
228 KB, 292x310
>>318531269
Get the FUCK out of here you feminist social justice shit warrior cock needling piece of dike shit.

Where the FUCK do you get off telling people that play games that they aren't allowed to have sexual content in games? Why do you force yourself retarded self to play something that clearly isn't for you? instead you go and bitch to developers to change everything we like.

It's like you have to compensate your ugly faces by attacking everything that's beautiful, like women.

WE CAN HAVE FUCKING PANTYSHOTS IF WE DAMN WELL PLEASE YOU STUPID FUCKING WHORE ASS BITCH ASS NIGGER COCK SUCKING HAMBEAST.
>>
>>318531602
To be fair, the game does a better job than most explaining how to do shit in it, it just happens to also have a ton of mechanics that aren't necessarily noob friendly.
>>
>>318531594
My Tshirt isn't a loose-fitting skirt that flys up when i walk like Cerebella's does
>>
Am I the only one who thinks these changes are so small that they could have made them and not said anything and no one would have noticed?
>>
>>318531303

I'm saying that if you actually gave a shit about Skullgirls you would have said something in mid-2014 when it was relevant, instead of pretending you suddenly give a shit in the tail end of 2015 after reading about it online

A lot of the people complaining think Skullgirls is just some le epic sexy porn game, and that the frame alterations are taking away from its only redeeming quality (because they don't play the game so they can only judge on what they see on /v/)

>>318531416

This change was made over a year before Indivisible was even announced, /v/ is just comically late
>>
>>318531713
I at least try to partake in the discussion of VIDEO GAMES, not moaning about goobergate SJW political correctness garbage.

I care about how the game plays, not how it looks or how it relates to real life politics.
>>
>>318531594
To be fair to that anon, she's wearing a short, flaring, loose skirt
>>
>>318531215
>Seems like a lot of effort to remove something so trivial
estimated cost of effort: 65 dollars, so like 4 hours of work
/v/ users have probably already spent ten times that much effort complaining about the effects of that work in a game they don't even play
>>
>>318531602
>By completely raping them with MvC style infinites

Zero infinites.

Also sorry your concept of an accessible game is that in which the meta is so shallow a scrub can compete against a practiced player.

Combos are easy, inputs are very easy and it has a good tutorial. That's what it means to be accessible. It shouldn't sacrifice the depth of its meta for people like you.
>>
>>318531372
>Dead Horse++
I resent that remark.
>>
the game went through years of changes before that.

were you mad when the game changed your ability to link both standing and crouching normals and have them be counted separately by IPS
>>
>>318531602
>Skullgirls
>Infinites
Nice meme
>>
>>318531765
Probably
In all honesty the worst thing about this is them basically saying 'we did it, people who don't want it can suck a dick, end of discussion'
Especially considering the game was fucking crowdfunded
>>
>>318531765

OOOOOOOH they should have. I assure you that the people complaining about MUH CENSORSHIP don't even play the fucking game if the only thing they took from Skullgirls was sexy girls and had that be the entire base of what they thought L0 defined themselves as.
>>
File: Joker-845x321-1427431859.jpg (39 KB, 845x321) Image search: [Google]
Joker-845x321-1427431859.jpg
39 KB, 845x321
>>318531268
Influenced by job security, peer pressure, it doesn't matter to me. Guy who drew this cover agreed to remove it. It's just an empty rationale to say HE/THEY AGREED WITH IT.
>>
>>318531449
The top one, sure, but not the KO'd frames. Those are pure censorship
>>
>>318531884
>link both standing and crouching normals and have them be counted separately by IPS

haha that shit was so crazy. Do you remember when fillia could hairball dash cancel as many times as she wanted in a combo?

Or when fillia IAD HP crossed up
>>
>>318531536

It was just a general statement. I just saw the screenshot and I think it's weird to change something so minimal when there's still panty shots in the game, but it's not really anything to freak out over. But yeah, I would dismiss the entirety of a game if supporting it meant supporting something I don't agree with.
>>
>>318531602
>infinites
I love when someone reveals just how completely ignorant they are
>>
>>318531831
there is still no momentum upwards

No, air resistance from bending over does not make your skirt fly up that way
>>
>>318529790
It's basically Pokemon anatomy (see: Dawn, Jesse)

It's stupid.
>>
>>318531884
No because I don't actually know anything about the game and just want to complain
>>
>>318531719
>The Shadow SJW conspiracy is literally destroying video games
There you are, I knew one of you would show up if I hung around this thread long enough.
>>
>>318531934

>job security

Why would they be fired over it?

>peer pressure

Literally zero pressure about it, they went over old animations and found frames that looked bad.

>it's just an empty rationale

The only empty thought in this discussion is your desperate attempt at making this a gun-to-an-artists-head SJW pandering strawman to fit your narrative.
>>
>>318531970
>haha that shit was so crazy. Do you remember when fillia could hairball dash cancel as many times as she wanted in a combo?

That...That sounds made up. Holy shit that sounds broken.

>>318532005
I honestly legit that is a terrifying absolute policy to hold onto but hey, I guess I can at least say you have a healthier opinion than most people. We can agree to disagree.
>>
>>318531536

Welcome to the modern game industry, a magical place that can't seem to keep itself clean of ideology faggots pressing for mythical world issues as the political and societal climate grows unstable and restless.

Give them an inch and they'll go a mile. Some sacrifices have to be made, if a good game must be financial unsuccessful because no one wants to support the devs ideological bullshit then let it fall for something that seems to insignificant.

It's the only way to clean the industry of that trash.
>>
>>318531269
Are you implying that Third-Tier Feminists don't exist and don't want to ruin things that Men enjoy because it is the only way they can make themselves feel powerful, as they have repeatedly said and done for the last three decades?
>>
so why are people mad at them for editing like 4 pantyshonts of hundreds
>>
>>318531602
>>318530619
OP here, no I'm not a good troll, just a stupid person who is completely serious. I honestly never realized this was a point of such huge controversy until I made a post in an Indivisible thread passingly mentioning it and it started a sizeable argument, so I wanted to keep the fun going. Maybe that partially counts as a troll, since I did intend to kick up SOME controversy, but I do seriously disapprove of this shit. Mainly the smug, assholish attitude of the devs.

>>318531372
Debunked what? I've just seen tons of people saying that it was entirely for animation quality, which the screenshot in the original post disproves because they mention close to nothing about animation/art quality, but a lot about how the panty shots were too overtly sexual. And then a lot of arguing about whether the changes to "only (tiny percentage) of the frames" are significant or not.
>>
>>318531852
>>318531892
>>318532049
Except for two years or so after release there were plenty of touch of death combos, which alienated any beginners who were interested in the game.
>>
>>318531664
No, but here's a FUCK YOU.

It's THEIR game. THEY spent years creating it. They are staying true to their ORIGINAL VISION.

If YOU don't like it...sounds like a personal problem, bub. Why don't you make your own game, then?

>b-b-but I want to read my own copy of the book with the bad fanfic-style chapter at the beginning
>>
>>318525304
Let it go retard
>>
File: 52330964_p3_master1200.jpg (337 KB, 1086x1081) Image search: [Google]
52330964_p3_master1200.jpg
337 KB, 1086x1081
>>318531828
>I at least try to partake in the discussion of VIDEO GAMES
Skullgirls is a video game. This is discussing an aspect of a video game.

>not moaning about goobergate SJW political correctness garbage
You can label it whatever you want, there's nothing wrong with complaining about content you want or like removed from a game.

Its the same as removing any kind of feature you might have appreciated in a game, from a level or character you really liked to online lobbies for multiplayer

>BUT ITS MINOR IT DOESNT AFFECT THE G-
How much it affects anyone is dependent on that person. Its not a big deal to you, but it might be a big deal to someone else.

Personally I think the skullgirls issue is trivial but I was kinda bummed (heh) about Capcom removing R Mika's butt slap. Nothing to the point of throwing a hissy fit, but if people found that to be super important and they want to bitch about it, why the fuck do you care?
>>
>>318531917
The art direction (not even the lewdness) was a massive reason that I bought the game
The fact that they make the animation look worse because a pantyshot when there are already tons of pantyshots make me nothing but confused
>>
There's plenty fanservice in the game, still.
And even so, this is a fighting game with busty girls. You're getting good fanservice (Ultimate Showstopper, or some scenes involving Double, for example) if you bought it for that. If you bought it for the fighting system too, I believe you're too busy with your opponent to notice a lack of pantyshots when comboing a Cerecopter.

They absolutely suck at PR and deserve a reality check-up with Indivisible failing the KS. But that ain't happening
>>
>>318532005
>I just saw the screenshot and I think it's weird to change something so minimal when there's still panty shots in the game
animation changes. not some kind of sexual censorship thing
>>
>>318532315
I adore the art direction first as well. Something about the balance of the colors really appeals to me. It is a shame they couldn't make an RPG in that style. I would have loved it but eh.
>>
>>318532137
>Why would they be fired over it?

People get fired over trivial shit all the time. Why stuff like unemployment assistance exists.

>Literally zero pressure about it,

Oh sorry, I wasn't there for the apparent secret ballet anonymous survey by third party that clearly occurred.
>>
>>318532140
>terrifying absolute policy
Tolerating it is what got us to this point where developers are self censoring themselves.

His policy isn't unreasonable. Especially when you consider that there are thousands of other games to play that don't contain censorship and aren't made by developers that antagonistically disregard their customer's opinions.
>>
>>318532271
You could post a 2014 video to prove that.
>>
>>318532305

How do people know Mika's buttslap was removed, no one has any final build of the game yet.
>>
>>318532357
Yeah no, let's punish game devs for having bad PR. I'll just pretend people don't play Binding of Issac despite the dev being a fucking asshole.

How bout you separate the artist from the work for just a fucking minute, man?
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 640x640
Please, please relax your titties guys

I'm with you in NoA, but arguing about a handful of fucking frames removed by the devs themselves is just about the absolute limit of what you could pretend to call censorship and I can sew this being brought up in every argument about actual problems with censorship from here on out

I dunno about you guys, but I'm not in the argument for the anime tiddies, as much as I do like them, I'm in it to protect artistic vision, no matter what that vision is.

Can we just drop this? It's effectively nothing in a game that's still drowning in lewd. Focus your efforts on better things. Have you written Nintendo those letters yet?
>>
>>318531852
Yeah he's ignorant in what infinites are, but there are quite a few 80-100% combos that are MASSIVE barriers of entry for anyone that wants to try and learn how to play
>>
>>318532271

ToDs don't really exist anymore either, outside of stacked ratios or very specific circumstances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xnrx0ceO4Y
>>
>>318532280
What the fuck are you talking about? The guy said these frames were changed because the panty shot was too obvious, yet the rest of the game is still filled with similar panty shots.
>>
The new animations look better. Cerebella is still cute.
>>
>>318532443
The KO'd frames are 100% censorship. The devs flat out said this.
>>
>>318532516

These animations have been in the game for three years with zero complaints about them, they were changed during a quality sweep of previous animations. They aren't under the thumb of a gigantic publisher.

Shouldn't you be making the daily "Bravely Second censored!" or "DOAX3 isn't coming to the West waah" threads?
>>
File: compilation.png (43 KB, 1451x256) Image search: [Google]
compilation.png
43 KB, 1451x256
>>318532357
>with Indivisible failing the KS
I got some bad news for you (good for me, though)
>>
>>318532242
Generally, " attempting to incite flamewar " is an offense you get a warning for, if not a brief ban. I talk from personal experience ( I didn't mean to, mods, I sware ). Also,
>Mainly the smug, assholish attitude of the devs.
Can you actually tell me where you got that impression? Mike Z is definitely blunt, but he generally knows what he's talking about, and I find him likeable for the most part. The rest of the devs aren't really as in the spotlight as mike, but I've never seen them be particularly sassy either. If you're referring to the specific handling of that post, I interpreted it as " It's already been agreed that we're gonna do it, so there's not much point in arguing about it " before I saw that there was apparently a shitstorm over it.
>>
>>318531719
Except nowhere did I say that sexual content was not allowed, or that it shouldn't be allowed, guy. I simply said that you're so scared of SJWs that rather than rationally fight the kind of censorship and moral authority they want to push, you go on witch hunts and often end up attacking people who not only aren't even related to the SJW nonsense, but actively oppose it.

You are doing EVERYBODY a disservice by crying wolf like this. People like you are going to turn claims of SJW fuckery into "oh this person is crazy and I should ignore him."

Is there a large clique of moral authoritarians that seek power through censorship disguising it all as social justice? Definitely, we've seen that with Nintendo and Koei-Tecmo, and we've seen people allying with them both in dev and outside it. Does every single thing even related to women or minorities or sexual content trace back to them? No.

Just because there is a conspiracy, it doesn't mean that everything is a part of it. That's how shit like the Spanish Inquisition or McCarthyism happens, man.

It's okay to be mad, and it's okay to want to do something about it, but don't let the former cloud your judgment when it comes to the latter.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.