[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I detest the term "SJW." The fact the gaming community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: Hmmmm.png (326 KB, 720x773) Image search: [Google]
Hmmmm.png
326 KB, 720x773
>I detest the term "SJW." The fact the gaming community has reduced the concept of fighting for social justice to a pejorative is, in a word, pathetic.
>What we are really talking about here is advocacy and, hopefully, advocacy is something that we can agree is an important process in our society.
>When people advocate for stronger female characters and greater cultural diversity in games, it is not about following some superficial SJW/PC agenda, but rather recognizing that new viewpoints allow for new stories. These new stories can have a significant impact.
>This is what I try to do when I advocate for greater diversity in games. I'm showing my appreciation for developers and publishers who take that risk to recognize other audiences. I want to reinforce that these design decisions are good. They help.
>There's still this big marketing fear that if a piece of media doesn't have a white male lead, it won't succeed. But recent studies are showing that African American and Latino youth play games more than their white counterparts, and with women now accounting for over half of all gamers, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to keep ignoring these markets in terms of character and story representation.
>It is all of these yet-to-be-told stories, the ones that go beyond generic scruffy white guy #25 and generic sexy warrior girl #100, that will allow us to expand our understanding of the human experience.
>A recent study has shown that people are starting to extract more meaning out of their video games. It is often creative storytelling that inspires new, innovative mechanics. Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East. Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago. Of a gay woman in Russia. A war orphan in Africa. Having that does't mean Mario, Call of Duty and Final Fantasy are going to be replaced.

Thoughts on this, lads?
>>
I think you should go fuck yourself, faggotron.
>>
>>318503629
sounds like classical SJW talk to me
>>
> 2010
> no one on /v/ crying about muh sjw or shill boogeymen. /v/ actually talks about video games
> 2015
> constant panic over sjw boogeymen and paranoia over shills. little actual video game discussion outside of constantly hoping games fail

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>318503778
SJW happend
>>
File: sjw.png (223 KB, 866x334) Image search: [Google]
sjw.png
223 KB, 866x334
I'm proud to be an SJW.
>>
File: 1388272239443.jpg (20 KB, 248x247) Image search: [Google]
1388272239443.jpg
20 KB, 248x247
>>318503727
>"I'm not a SJW
>is a sjw
>>
>I'm an anthropologist

Why would you ever admit something so embarrassing
>>
>>318503629
>I'm not an SJW, I just fight for social justice!
>50% of gamers are women!
>race/gender diverse characters will make the story better!

Literally the same tired shit over and over again, I don't think I've ever seen one of these people put forward an original opinion.
>>
>>318503778
Weren't you here when /v/ had non-stop threads making fun of game-journalism?
The difference then, of course, was that there weren't any people like you around.
>>
>>318503629
>A recent study has shown that people are starting to extract more meaning out of their video games.

How could that possibly be determined from a study
>>
>>318503778

>/v/ actually talks about video games

This has never been the case
>>
>>318503629
How many times are you going to make this same exact thread?
>>
>GUYS WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS THING BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE MAKING OPINION ARTICLES ABOUT IT ON COMPLETELY UNKNOWN WEBSITES AND THIS IS GOING TO LEAD TO THE DOWNFALL OF A MULTIBILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY WORLDWIDE
top kek
>>
>>318503629
Why do you niggers keep clogging up /v/ with this shit.

Fuck you guys. 4chan is literary the only forum (I know it's an imageboard you faggots) who can't stop talking about SJW. To what end. Do you want to send another faggo to the UN and preach about women or what?
>>
>some completely irrelevant smalltime blog posted an article about something

OOOO NOOOOO DA SSS JAYY WOOOOOOOOOS
>>
>>318503816
Welcome to Sweden.
>>
File: 1447689353976.gif (944 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
1447689353976.gif
944 KB, 264x320
>>318503778
SJW happened and they started

>There's still this big marketing fear that if a piece of media doesn't have a white male lead, it won't succeed. But recent studies are showing that African American and Latino youth play games more than their white counterparts, and with women now accounting for over half of all gamers, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to keep ignoring these markets in terms of character and story representation.

They now count mobile games that toddlers and females play as an excuse to ruin actual games we play.
>>
>>318503952
Actually yeah that was pretty funny.
>>
>>318503629
>we just want better characters in fiction!
>it's just that good characters aren't white males!

in all seriousness though, they never ever say the want "better characters", they only ever say they want more colored/female/trans characters.
>>
>>318504004
So? Who cares? Don't you have real problems in your life to worry about? Bills to pay? A family to take care of?
>>
File: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round__706.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round__706.jpg
277 KB, 1920x1080
But SJW's hate games with female leads.
>>
Stop viralling your shit on /v/.
>>
File: CIK9KEhWEAAswBz.jpg (30 KB, 502x369) Image search: [Google]
CIK9KEhWEAAswBz.jpg
30 KB, 502x369
>>318503828
>>
>>318504057
Why does anyone waste time with anything that isn't productive?
I'll give you some time to think of an answer.
>>
>>318503629
>gay woman in Russia
I don't know if Putin would approve
>>
>>318504072
>Yes the more we do it the more the mainstream hates them.

Literally the opposite is true. You autists are so annoying and insufferable that you actually garner sympathy for these retards. You're a part of the problem.
>>
>le 50% of gamers are women
>that entire last paragraph
>>
>>318504072
Why did they do that to the poor kitty
>>
If ladies and Latinos are such huge untapped markets, making a game targeting them would be hugely profitable. If it was so big and so untapped, it could still be profitable even if it was low quality.

It's kinda funny how these anthropologist-apologists assume every marketing board for every AAA developer is somehow straight retard about this huge unclaimed market that totally exists for reals guys.
>>
>>318503843
>Masters in Anthropology

I'm enjoying $120,000 a year despite my job is absolute evil and I'm basically capitalist ISIS for a large resource company.

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2012/s3619616.htm

See this, that's my job. (give justification to destroy historical anthropological sites for resource extraction)
>>
>>318503778

>1779
>Noone is talking about the civil war

>1861
>Everyone talking about civil war

What the fuck happened?
>>
File: gxROahj.jpg (681 KB, 2016x1737) Image search: [Google]
gxROahj.jpg
681 KB, 2016x1737
remember, SJW don't exist
>>
>>318504057
>why do you care about video games you fucking nerd

Kill yourself
>>
>>318504173
I DON'T NEED YOUR CIVIL WAR
IT FEEDS THE RICH WHILE IT BURYS THE POOR
>>
>>318504121
Because they're autistic manchildren?
>>
>>318504146
That only happens here on /v/ because you guys are so desperate to be contrarian.
Hating feminism and SJW nonsense is starting to get really really mainstream. You'd know that if you actually ventured outside of /v/.
>>
File: Yokkora.jpg (564 KB, 1200x1768) Image search: [Google]
Yokkora.jpg
564 KB, 1200x1768
>>318504057
I have no problems in my life. Thats because I live 1nd world country as a Slav.

There no real problem in Czech Republic. I got a job, I earn enough, I got games and shit.

I create a problem by going on 4chan. The problem is they're not allowing my boobs and girls. And they're replacing well written characters with bullshit just because of race.

They're being racist on the therm that we were racist 300 years ago so they need to be racist back because of white guilt.

So a black character doesn't EARN his place somewhere but he gets it for free because hes black or latino.

Also Asians are 100% ignored because they're basically white.

So yeah...
>>
>>318503629
let the gameproducers decide which viewpoints they choose for their story
you cant reinforce anything, the audience decides what is "good" you have a morality of a 10 yrs old im sorry
agains the devs decide how the story and its characters are represented, to force them to cater is the death of creativity which is already stagnating
if you want understand a human expirience what ever it might be in your imagination, go and speak to people, videogames arent there to represent real human beeings, it just fiction and the authors and devs agains decide how real or understandable a character is
storytelling isnt = game mechanics and should never be except the devs dcides he want to do a movie and the only successfull series with this intentions is and was metal gear and even they dropped that whole movie thing because you know, if you ant to watch a movie go watch it
videogames are gameplay and than story, gameplay doesnt evolve out of story
i hate the author, he is stupid without argumentations
>>
Anthropology is just the study of cultural norms. Not the attempt to change them.

This guy would make a shit anthropologist, and I'm going to need to see his education record.
>>
>>318503629
>muh studies

The ride never ends.
>>
>>318503952

Oldfag here - 35 years old and first came to 4chan in 2005. I can't say my memory is perfect and I have spent less and less time here over the years but in my opinion I've seen just an increased trend over the years of people wanting to get mad. The days of having hope and lighthearted fun have largely been replaced with constant denigration.
>>
>>318503629
I used to study Anthropology and it's literally the same thing.
Bunch of good-for-nothing hipsters thinking they are changing the world and everybody else is an idiot.
>>
>>318503907
By study he means a poll on Twitter. Not even joking.
>>
>>318503629
Well actually I'm more on this guy's viewpoint than the other SJW crap. He's if you diversity in games and shit just make games with those character types. He also implies you don't need to modify existing games in order to achieve that goal. I agree with that. You want a gendefluid otherkin "female" protagonist? Make that game, but don't fucking touch an IP I love just the way it is.
>>
>>318503843
wat
Anthropologists make good money
My sister works at the Jeffersonian.
>>
>>318504215
I was hoping you'd explain what you're doing in this thread, i guess that's a good enough answer.
>>
>>318503629
>also an anthropologist
>words like privilege have lost all credibility due to sjw

I just wanted to learn about different cultures.
>>
>>318504202
I play video games. I enjoy them. The dare my life is so boring that I feel the need to invest time and energy into "saving" a hobby from childhood is the day I kill myself.
>>
>SJW trying to wriggle out of the fire now that it's rising
>trying to pretend they haven't been calling for games like DOAX to be censored/not be released now that they finally prevented one from being released

also
>refugees pouring out of Syria

I think they meant jihadists pouring out of Saudi Arabia.
>>
File: 1446476917309.jpg (70 KB, 550x552) Image search: [Google]
1446476917309.jpg
70 KB, 550x552
>>318504163
Why do nigger nig?

Because uneducated backwards Africa.
>>
>>318504121
What counts as "productive"?
>>
>I'm not an SJW!
>SJW is a compliment!
>PlayAsia said "SJW"? I'm going to fucking get everyone there fired!
>>
>African American and Latino youth play games more than their white counterparts, and with women now accounting for over half of all gamers
Doesn't that mean the market is working as intended and there's no need to pander to these two demographics because they're enjoying the industry just fine?
>>
>>318503816
Well, that sums up Sweden perfectly.
>>
>>318504245
>slavs
>having opinions
kek, good one. next you'll try to tell me that you're white.
>>
Lots of scary wrongthink going on in here.
>>
>>318503629
Wait, didn't SJW's claim that the term "sjw" doesn't offend them and is, in fact, a compliment?
Uh-oh, I guess too many people now make fun of them because of that, gotta try to change the narrative.
>>
>>318503629
>"I detest this negative term when it is applied to my social group"
>"Instead call me something positive and intelligent"
You know, this is exactly why people didn't like them in the first place.
>>
File: bad people.png (8 KB, 834x157) Image search: [Google]
bad people.png
8 KB, 834x157
>>
>>318503629
>the gaming community has reduced the concept of fighting for social justice to a pejorative
No, this is the result of impressionable teens and directionless college idealists with nothing better to do but exaggerate non-issues into crimes against humanity to the point that the general public can no longer tell the difference between genuine activism and raving fanaticism.
>>
>>318504169
I hope you fucking die.
>>
File: 1446810235410.png (16 KB, 237x224) Image search: [Google]
1446810235410.png
16 KB, 237x224
>>318503629
They should be thankful people call them "social justice warriors". They are just a bunch of brainwashed egalitarians, who have no idea of what is a human, much less a family or a community.
These idiots just see the video game industry as a way to expand their idiocy, and are being constantly assisted financially and politically by our current social engineers/Market administrators, who see journalists like that one as useful idiots.
>>
>>318503629
So he's a sjw, but refuses to use the term for himself even though he explicitly admits to being a sjw supporter?

This is by far the biggest example of Orwellian double speak I've ever seen.
>>
>>318504221
Normal people have always thought feminists are retarded ask any body even most women its why they have no voice in other mainstream media. It would be the same in vidya but some idiots decided to attack and harass them and now they have the sympathy vote from people not clued in on gaming.
>>
>>318504146
Yeah I'm sure Seinfiled and Bill Maher and tons of other comedians not preforming on college and Southpark going full SJW with PC principal is just us or something...

SJW are seens as the todays hippies only 100% more hypocritical because they're rich white kids that want equality yet they have more money in one of these colleges then a whole black city.

If they want equality why not donate all your iPhones and shit to blacks?
>>
File: 1442014239244.jpg (23 KB, 285x270) Image search: [Google]
1442014239244.jpg
23 KB, 285x270
> Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East. Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago. Of a gay woman in Russia. A war orphan in Africa
>>
>>318504382

It's almost like a huge diverse group with no central leadership nor codified criteria for membership has largely disparate views and opinions
>>
>>318504412
That was back when they didn't realize how many people actually detest sjw's outside of US college campuses.
>>
These bitches never understand that we don't want social justice or equality in games, they're fine the way they are so don't change them.

Women bitch about THE EXACT SAME THING regarding working in the technology branch. WAAAH WE ARE UNDERREPRESENTED, yeah no shit if not a lot of women are interested in that line of work.
>>
>>318504189
Oh no I have to pay 10$ more now for imports from play-asia!
>>
>>318504459
Seinfeld and Bill Maher are both old as shit. Of course they don't play college campuses.
>>
>>318504418
If it makes you feel any better, I would honestly give a justification to put dynamite in the Pyramids, the Colosseum, Stonehenge etc etc and level them if someone was going to pay me for it lol.
>>
File: No I'm fine really.gif (448 KB, 496x279) Image search: [Google]
No I'm fine really.gif
448 KB, 496x279
>>318504169
I try to resist expressing hatred for people, but I really want to hate you. But I guess it doesn't even matter if I hate you or not, does it?
>>
>>318503629
>clickbait article
>copy pasted wall of greentext
>"Thoughts on this, lads?"
Every time.
Fuck off.
>>
>>318504165

Thing is, we dealt with this shit with survival horror. Publishers insist survival horror is dead and we need shooty shooty bang bang, therefore we had to rely on indie games for our fix.

If people want more diversity in their games, don't fucking rely on publishers. That's just a recipe for disappointment.
>>
>>318504259
Also oldfag, and I'll say that things now aren't quite as bad as they were at the height of the five guys nonsense. General tolerance for this sort of thing has reduced, and shitposting has become formulaic enough that it is easier to ignore, which more people are doing.
>>
>>318504525
>lol
Wanna know how I know you're baiting?
>>
>>318504516
Yes, obviously this only applies to them and no other comedians.
>>
>>318503907
Do they link to the study or quote it? Probably not because it doesn't exist
>>
>>318504525

I've got $5 for the pyramids

Let's finally see what they're hiding.
>>
>>318503629
This 50% of gamers of women bullshit really annoys me just because someone plays farnville for 10mins
>>
File: refugees-phones.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1450) Image search: [Google]
refugees-phones.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1450
>>318504467
Okay so you start as a middle class Arab in Syria, war comes but I'm too pussy to fight so I go to Turkey and someone tells me Yo Germany is free money. So I more or less walk to Germany with my 20.000€ and suck of welfare there.

All the while recording my whole trip with my Galaxy S4
>>
Ugh, i wish /v/ would stop hating women already....
fuck off with you boogeyman bullshit
>>
>>318504575
Honestly with my pay, I'll do anything cobber, it's a comfy as fuck job, I get flown all over the place and many of those sites have been studied and documented to the grain of sand.

There is no reason to keep the pyramids around if there is a decent gas source underneath them that could provide energy.
>>
>Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East. Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago

that's not what videogames are for.
they sound like failed movie or literature critiques, trying hard to sound like serious journalists while talking about games
>>
>>318503952
>4chan is literary the only forum
>literary
Thanks for laugh mang
>>
File: BxcuYwVCEAAONMQ.jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
BxcuYwVCEAAONMQ.jpg
48 KB, 600x450
>>318504492
but they're all taught to "listen and believe", they don't act individually
>>
>>318504276

>all actors make good money
>just look at tom cruise!

Being an anthropologist is being a glorified sociologist.
>>
Fuck off MRAs
>>
>>318504259
>people wanting to get mad

Can you really blame straight white males wanting to vent in this fucking insane political climate?
>>
>>318504676
This.
HURR GAMES WHERE YOU WALK IN OTHER PEOPLE'S SHOES ARE GOOD FOR SOCIETY

Yeah, but nobody cares about shitty game concepts like that except for the biggest crybabies in existence.
>>
File: 1383548228638.jpg (24 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1383548228638.jpg
24 KB, 350x350
>>318503629
>the ones that go beyond generic scruffy white guy #25 and generic sexy warrior girl #100

Women have 4x as much representation and he's complaining
>>
>>318504720
Not if you're a forensic anthropologist son.
>>
>>318504676
>Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East. Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago
Screw that, I wanna fight vampires as a killer robot.
>>
>>318504674
10/10 master troll
>>
>>318503778
>> 2010
>> no one on /v/ crying about muh sjw or shill boogeymen. /v/ actually talks about video games
What? No, 2010 was all about jimmies being rustled.
>>
>>318503629
>South Park does a whole season of episodes mocking SJWs
>Ben Garrison starts mocking SJWs with his political cartoons, calling them crybullies
>SJWs get DOAX3 banned and are currently failing to take the heat off the controversy
>"uh... I dont wanna be called a SJW anymore now that it bears all these negative connotations."

Surprise, surprise. Call yourself whatever the fuck you want, you're still a fucking SJW idiot.
>>
File: 1410388125975.jpg (195 KB, 850x1204) Image search: [Google]
1410388125975.jpg
195 KB, 850x1204
>>318503629
Shit thread. Post cute little girls to save it.
>>
>>318503629
>I'm not an SJW
>lists bunch of SJW talking points
>sees games as storytelling rather than interactive

it's shit tbqh senpai
>>
>>318504595
So name some. That is, if you're actually a fan of stand up comedy and not just using the artform that I love as a political tool.
>>
so can anyone explain why diversity must come at the cost of being anti-white?
>>
File: gestapo-uniform1.jpg (211 KB, 1006x1204) Image search: [Google]
gestapo-uniform1.jpg
211 KB, 1006x1204
>>318503828
>trust me i'm a resistant, heil churchill !
>>
For the most part I'm cool with more diverse games because more choice is generally a good thing, and it could lead to some developers playing it less safe with their stories and characters. I'm getting sick of playing as Troy Baker (Yuri Lowell aside).

What I have a problem with is the people that spend more time complaining about games they don't like than they do actually trying to diversify the medium. Complaining that a game is sexist or racist or whatever because it goes against your particular sensibilities is not advocacy and it is not encouraging diversity, it's just trying to make games pander to your particular niche instead of whoever they were pandering to before.

If you recognize that more diversity and choice is good, you also have to recognize that some developers will make games and characters that you don't approve of, and that some people will enjoy those games, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>318504245
>tfw recognized artist immediately
I'm fucked up...
When is his set of doujins getting translated FUCK
>>
>>318504732
You know what I don't get?

People want ot make their own stories in RPGs. So they play elves and whatnot.

These games like Fallout 4, Skyrim and so on SELL TONS.

But you got these SJW that want you to play a BOOK as a game because they don't grasp concepts like gameplay.

These games are proven to sell like SHIT because why would you play a badly written book?

Don't they get that people don't want to play ideological propaganda but games?
>>
>>318504872
Because it's funny to watch left-wing autists fight with right-wing autists over shit that doesn't matter.
>>
But the whole point of "Social Justice Warrior" is that these people THINK they are fighting for Social Justice, but real "Social Justice Warriors" are people like The Black Panthers, Chinese Blueshirts, Zapatistas and other people like that.

Its not that Social Justice is bad or that fighting for it is bad, its that these fucking people have no idea what social justice is and are fighting to meddle with either art or childrens toys, in either case a fucking stupid goal that is so far divorced from real social justice its a joke.

Heres a hint, if you haven't put a bullet in a government flunkie you aren't enacting a single fucking piece of social change you cowardly pieces of shit.
>>
>>318504169
This actually triggers me.

There was that 5,000 year old Buddhist temple a mining company just blew up a few months ago and archaeologists and anthropologists weren't even given time to study it.

Literally the oldest Buddhist temple found on earth and a mining company was like "oh cool" then leveled it.

If there is some revolution, I hope the fucks behind this shit get strung up in the streets.
>>
>>318504259
This is a common misconception I've noticed.

The actual content of /v/ might not be getting more vitriolic. It might, in fact, just be that the threads you do visit are more commonly becoming the vitriolic ones.

This could be due to a number of things. You could just not be interested in any of the new games /v/ is talking about. /v/'s general taste in games could be getting shittier, so those games aren't interesting to discuss. You yourself could have changed, and realized that you actually prefer reading about and talking about controversy to talking about video games.

Or any number of those, and many more, factors.
>>
>>318504921
We need a fucking kickstarter or massdrop or something for doujin translations.

I don't wanna pay 50$ for one chapter alone. I'm sure we can find 50 yokkora fans to pay 1$ each for a book.
>>
>>318504938
Finally, someone else who hates SJWs and isn't a crypto-Nazi.
>>
>>318504849
>>sees games as storytelling rather than interactive
good point you have there.
pretty scared of this new shift.
>>
>>318504859
How about Joe Rogan and Bill Burr?
>>
>>318504965
Too late, they already own everything.
>>
>>318503629
>I detest the term "SJW." The fact the gaming community has reduced the concept of fighting for social justice to a pejorative is, in a word, pathetic.

The gaming community didn't do this. They did it to themselves by being assholes.
>>
Lol 4Chan once again shows their true colors. You guys scream and yell and want to censor opposing views and opinions yet have the audacity to cry foul when others do the same to you.

Face it, your toxic and no self respecting company will pay any attention to you.

GooberGate lost now make like Princess Elsa and let it go.
>>
>>318504965
When the time comes, those working in oil, mining, banking, finance, and politics will be the first heads to roll.
>>
File: 1448278849630.png (221 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1448278849630.png
221 KB, 500x377
>>318503629
> blah blah blah I'm see shul cuz I care

Everyone knows SJWs only "advocate" for this kind of stuff for the attention and the good guy medal and not because they really care.
True heroes don't need to shout ans brag about their deeds on Twitter.
>>
>>318504674
There's a real stench of kikery in these posts
>>
>>318505057
Yes it's absolutely problematic.
>>
File: tasting a ghost sandwich.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tasting a ghost sandwich.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>318504849
>not using a superior perfect loop
step it up
>>
It's correct insofar as the term "SJW" is dumb and using it as a pejorative is silly
Labelling people and categorising them into neat little groups is what "SJWs" do, not functioning members of society
>>
>>318505002
So, every radical ever?

Not even most Social Democrats can tolerate these people. Identity Politics and liberalism is cancer.
>>
File: 1428096582516.png (299 KB, 606x401) Image search: [Google]
1428096582516.png
299 KB, 606x401
>>318505057
>>
File: commie_tranny.jpg (217 KB, 900x692) Image search: [Google]
commie_tranny.jpg
217 KB, 900x692
>>318505079
>>
File: goofballs.jpg (1002 KB, 3000x1809) Image search: [Google]
goofballs.jpg
1002 KB, 3000x1809
>>318505009
>Joe Rogan

I met Joe Rogan and Dana after a UFC event a while ago, I went with my girlfriend. When we approached them Joe looked at me, then at my girlfriend and said, "The fuck you doing with this stupid cunt? Get with this dick or get heem'd you whore." I was completely shocked and didn't know if he was joking so I stood in silence just not sure of what to say. Then a voice was heard from behind him "Oh Joe you found another goofball?", "Yeah Dana, this one looks like a complete dick head, his girlfriend is pretty banging though, I'd fuck her asshole", "Oh yeah, maybe we should fill his girlfriend's ass with goofballs so she'd know how much of a goofball he is". Right at that moment Joe jumped on my girlfriend and pulled her pants down, I tried to stop him but Dana jumped on me and held me down. He started whispering in my ear "She's gonna get the goofballs and you ain't going to do a thing about it!" I watched on in horror as my girlfriend stared at me in the eyes as Joe undressed her and rammed his fingers up her ass, she was trying to scream but Joe just kept pushing her head down. Joe looked at me and mouthed the words "o-n-n-i-t dot com", It was like a silent movie, I watched as Joe then proceeded to pull out his testicles and forcibly push them into her anus with his hands. Dana who was still holding me down started to squeal into my ear "She's getting the goofballs", he started to twist my nipple as far as it could go, and I could feel blood trickling from it onto my shirt, I felt what I can assume was Dana's boner pushing into my back... I blacked out.
>>
>>318505079
More likely they'll be the ones to just stomp on everyone. They already own everything and have stacked the system in their favor.
>>
File: Maleficent.jpg (124 KB, 833x699) Image search: [Google]
Maleficent.jpg
124 KB, 833x699
an important event happened once, actual people went to Wallstreet and was fed up with their shit.

then "I'm not an SJW" came and the entire movement disappeared from the face of the earth.

but the "I'm not an SJW" movement kept growing and growing.

thanks for that lads, really happy about that one, i am sure you fucking with peopels leisure activities will bring about "the change" that is surely needed.
>>
>>318504515
>middle class white person not worried about finances
check your privilege shitlord
>>
>with women now accounting for over half of all gamers
Ok, then make the main character of candy crush a woman
>>
>>318503778
no
>>
>>318503778
Retarded gamergaters found /v/ instead of going back to their shithole hugbox reddit.

Now all they do is cry about SJWs rather than talk about games when this has never happened before.
>>
>>318505151
>he thinks real socialists care about identity politics
lol, you're in for a big surprise
>>
>>318503778
>2010 sjw's were just emerging

>2015 sjw are having an effect on the industry and some japanese companies are bending to pointlessly censor their games for the west or just not release them there at all because of potential backlash
>>
File: k39Ptv1.jpg (175 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
k39Ptv1.jpg
175 KB, 1024x732
>>318505057
>>
File: 1425250714903334.png (1 MB, 1657x1080) Image search: [Google]
1425250714903334.png
1 MB, 1657x1080
>>318503629
>the concept of fighting for social justice
Oh shit, the middle class white kids are angry their blogging isn't being taken seriously!

Didn't you know retweeting is "raising awareness?"
>>
Social Anthropology Warriors
>>
>>318505163
Reminds me of the time I met Jontron.
>>
>>318505125
>Labelling people and categorising them into neat little groups is what "SJWs" do, not functioning members of society
Actually it is exactly what normal, functioning people do. And that's what makes it scary. It's part of the way our brains are wired, and there really isn't much we can do about it.
>>
File: 1431343421262.jpg (21 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
1431343421262.jpg
21 KB, 218x265
>>318505163
amazing
>>
>>318505002
All the people i listed had ethnic nationalism as part of their agenda. I might not be a crypto-nazi, but i don't think its reasonable to assume that from the content of my post.
>>
>>318505235
>Japanese companies
And nothing of value was lost

If I could genocide all weebs and gooks, I would.
>>
>>318504418
>caring about coon cave drawings

Roman graffiti has more value than anything those animals could think up.
>>
>>318503778
When /vr/ split I noticed this board got worse then goobergate killed it.
>>
>>318505124
>implying those don't look identical

how autistic are you?
>>
>>318503629
>Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East. Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago. Of a gay woman in Russia. A war orphan in Africa.

Spoken like somebody who doesn't understand the medium. That's story possibilities. What unique gameplay does that open up that hasn't been done already, exactly?

If somebody wants to tell those stories through video games then by all means let them. I encourage it, even - more is better. But don't act like this is going to save or revolutionize video games.
>>
>>318504965
It's actually shocking the amount of shit mining companies get away with.

Like drilling in one of the most diverse rainforests on earth then just spilling oil fucking everywhere. Or assassinating the last of the mountain gorillas so Virunga gets delisted as a national park.
>>
>>318505001
The scans are already there why are translators such huge faggots. I need my mom/son quota damnit.
>>
>>318505057
calling someone out for being a hypocrite or a crybaby =/= advocating censorship

Notice how nobody here is trying to get this twerp fired for being an idiot, and we're not flocking to twitter demanding the piece be taken down, we're just calling him/her an idiot.

But keep playing the victim. Maybe some retards will fall for it.
>>
>>318503629
>>I detest the term "SJW."
he wants a badge or something?
>>
>>318505235

>>2015 sjw are having an effect on the industry and some japanese companies are bending to pointlessly censor their games for the west or just not release them there at all because of potential backlash

But /v/ told me gamergate won...
>>
>>318503778
SJWs ran out of mediums to impose their ideals.

This is fact NIGGER
>>
>>318505293
Even the shittiest companies make better games than 80% of western companies since they still like and enjoy to play and make games and not overblown blockbusters.
>>
>>318505315
Good point
>>
>>318505350
>>Japanese companies
And nothing of value was lost

If I could genocide all weebs and gooks, I would.
>>
>>318505001
Translator here, I would approve of this model. People complain that our prices are steep for one person, which is a fair complaint, but to us it's not just for you, it's for everyone who will ever read it for the rest of time. We can only get paid for a translation once, whether you're the only one reading it or tens of thousands of people read it.
>>
>>318503629
SJW
>>
File: 1444466740461.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2368) Image search: [Google]
1444466740461.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2368
How long do we have left before leftist bullshit ruins everything?
>>
File: img_7009.jpg (34 KB, 497x280) Image search: [Google]
img_7009.jpg
34 KB, 497x280
>>318505324
>Or assassinating the last of the mountain gorillas so Virunga gets delisted as a national park.

Not going to lie, Virunga had me in actual tears.
>>
>>318504872
>implying anyone can even explain why diversity it necessary or good
>>
File: 2431504-wp_20thanniversary.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
2431504-wp_20thanniversary.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>318505181
Heres Puyo Puyo a game before Candy Crush it's similar. It was a rage back in the non mobile days.

Wanna bet SJW would have a billion problems with it's cast. The main is a girl or a boy you can pick.
>>
>>318503778
People were getting mad at Bioware and Hamburger Helper in 2010 for the same shit during the development of DA II. Stop being such a revisionist, faggot.
>>
>>318505386
shut up and die, weeb scum
>>
>>318504650

>Character selection screen
>You can only play as a male in his 20's or 30's
>You select some generic looking rapist with a bowl-cut
>Intro begins:
>"In your dating journey - you'll have to overcome colossal hurdles that will test your very nature, such as - slow internet and being handed free food that you don't like"
>Turn off the game because it's getting too real
>>
>>318503778

>2010

get the fuck back to reddit.
>>
>>318505303
Not autistic, just not blind.
>>
>>318505426
Looking at it. It's not a steep price.

I never said holy fuck you guys are too expensive.

But I always said why am I paying 50$ our of my pocket to translate 35 pages when 30.000 people on exhentai read it.

if we all gave 0.1$ we'd fund it easy.
>>
>>318505350
Nope. Because of their idiotic tactics like threatening and attacking, the sjw's gained allies in the industry allowing them a foothold.

>>318505405
you already said that, asshole >>318505293
>>
>>318505125
>the term "SJW" is dumb and using it as a pejorative is silly

found the SJW

you would've preferred no one ever came up with an identifier for you, yeah?
>>
>>318503629
>Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East. Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago. Of a gay woman in Russia. A war orphan in Africa.

im coming up blank chief, what are the gameplay possibilites?
>>
the video game industry being one foot in the Crash itself doesn't help

what's in the average year? a few shitty samey rooty tooty shooty games and 2 or 3 shitty Ubisoft shovelware games (Asscreed). Indies 'stepped up' by flooding Greenlight with shovelware and early access scams. Of course a few good developers managed to get Kickstarted, here and there, but good guys are so vastly outnumbered by the bogus bullshit.
>>
>>318505350
B-b-but neo/V/ to me it was just a boogeyman :(
>>
>>318505315
why just not publish those stories as novels?
videogames is not their medium, nor the average or core-gamer their audience.
they also don't have to ask money on kickstarter for a book, especially with internet and e-books where you don't have printing and publishing costs
>>
>>318503629
> Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East.

It would be great, there would be two classes: ISIS infiltrator or ISIS supporter.

> Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago.

I would love shooting other black guys and calling the power 'didn't do nuffin' when going to jail.

> Of a gay woman in Russia.

Yes, it would be fun going into traditionally places naked and shouting, then crying for international support when I get whipped

> A war orphan in Africa

That would be easy, since all characters are war orphans. Or disease orphans. Or starvation orphans. Maybe try to evade the people trying to kill and cook me? Bonus difficulty if you choose being white or albino.

Thanks for the great games!
>>
>>318505556
VNs and walking simulators. At the very best, you get a full-game escort mission with no combat options. It's extra credits-tier of shit game concepts, where the context is more important than the actual game content, and the reason why the industry is dying and that's a good thing.
>>
>>318503778
The difference is that people came here and saw that people were talking about kotaku, their ilk and video game journalism and thought we actually cared about their opinions instead of realising that we were mocking them.
>>
>>318505350
you already said that, asshole >>318505235
>>
File: 1429787945272.jpg (246 KB, 717x1024) Image search: [Google]
1429787945272.jpg
246 KB, 717x1024
>>318505434
>>A recent study has shown that people are starting to extract more meaning out of their video games. It is often creative storytelling that inspires new, innovative mechanics. Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East. Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago. Of a gay woman in Russia. A war orphan in Africa

REEE KILL IT WITH FIRE
>>
I've never paid much attention to this kind of thing, but why are these so called feminists/SJW's/whateverthefucks trying to fight for "equality" and "diversity" in video games of all things? Don't they have anything better to do?
I want to hear a feminist from 100 years ago's thoughts on this social justice stuff.
>>
>>318504467
It's just... there isn't any fucking gameplay there. It would be narrative exposure, aka, a fucking movie. Last of Us isn't a great game, it's an okay shooter and an okay movie. We're talking walking simulators. That writer hasn't spent two fucking seconds conceiving gameplay. Those settings would be interesting, but that's it.
>>
please don't post this stuff here, it just makes people angry
>>
>>318503951
>>318503898
>>318503990
Why even post?
>>
>>318505556
A pixelated indie sidescroller about a scrawny black child jumping on evil while colonizer's heads and collecting watermelon and fried chicken powerups.
>>
File: 1448959489890.png (72 KB, 898x628) Image search: [Google]
1448959489890.png
72 KB, 898x628
>>318505174
>occupy wallstreet was a legitimate protest movement until SJWs ruined it

good one, bud. it was always ripe for SJW behavior and tactics because of the anti-police, anti-establishment mentality.

it marked the beginning of all the anti-Western cuccbois coming out of the woodwork

the fact that you're trying to say SJWs "disappeared from the face of the earth" just makes me think you're one of them.
>>
>>318505686
That was anon fucking up the quoting, you idiot.
>>
File: dyke_on_bike_mohawk.jpg (68 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
dyke_on_bike_mohawk.jpg
68 KB, 500x410
>>318505461
Already see 5 flaws

>No dyke character
>The transsexual "trap" is too good looking
>No fat characters
>No Blacks or Latino character
>The main girls are showing too much skin
>>
File: Babby close.jpg (20 KB, 400x457) Image search: [Google]
Babby close.jpg
20 KB, 400x457
>New Asscreed is a libtard's wet dream
>It sells like dogshit

>Remember Me has a strong independent woman who don't need no man protagonist
>It sells like dogshit

>Sunset is a "game" about being a black maid during the civil war literally cleaning up a house, so artsy fartsy
>It sells like dogshit

Anyone starting to see a pattern here? It's not that diversity specifically caused these games to fail, but rather that nobody really cares about diversity in gaming enough for it to be a selling point.
>>
>>318505754
You're missing the point.
>>
>>318505735
With good reason. Just shows how fuck the world is reading this garbage.
>>
>>318505691
I don't think these people realize that nothing is stopping them from making a game about a transexual women in Iran.

Do they expect people to shower them with money without them having any skills or talents though?
>>
>>318505753
Funny how SJW infiltrated both Atheism and Anarchists and then ruined them.

And now after being a part of these two very anti big establishment movements (Church and Corporations)

They want to goverment and the Church and Corporations to censor their enemies and change.
>>
>>318504650
The final boss is a QTE where you throw a member of your family onto a traintrack to try and garner support. This is also the first time you see the protagonist as rather then the phone perspective it's taken from a reporters view.
>>
>>318505203
>Retarded gamergaters found /v/
You...DO know where gamergate started, right?
>>
>>318505782
Rather that nobody who actually plays videogames cares about diversity

The ones who do, don't buy videogames or play them. They are just self-absorbed fucktards who want to whore themselves out on Twitter all day trying to get people to change 'gendered' icons on some blog website somewhere

And surprise surprise, all those types are women or unemployed loser men
>>
>>318505702
Their only purpose is to subvert and ruin gaming and 'nerd' for males

Along the way they picked up ldgitimately mentally unstable nutjobs and those nutjobs want everything else to conform to their warped view of reality
>>
Blacks make up 10% of the population, therefore at least 50% of the characters should be black.
Asians, Arabs, and Jews? Who the fuck cares about them? Jews are white anyways
>>
File: 1448958919925.jpg (359 KB, 972x972) Image search: [Google]
1448958919925.jpg
359 KB, 972x972
>>318505782
That anon cause people wanna play games not liberal art propaganda
>>
>>318505863
It's almost like authoritarians tend to hijack movements because they're authoritarian and that's what they do.
>>
File: 36DHpM6.jpg (87 KB, 500x699) Image search: [Google]
36DHpM6.jpg
87 KB, 500x699
>>318505782
Those who care about diversity in games don't actually buy games. The rest get their games for free because they review them.

It's a losing strategy to try and appease those chucklefucks
>>
>>318505603
I think there's a lot to be said for the interactivity a video game allows that novels or films don't and I can understand wanting to capture that.

I don't think the "average" or "core gamer" needs to be the audience for every video game, either. That kind of thinking stifles the medium.

But I definitely think that games made with a political slant tend to be made far more with the politics in mind than the gameplay, and the games tend to suffer for it. The person who wrote that article, for instance, isn't actually thinking about gameplay at all when they mention it, just about stories they want to be told.
>>
>>318505782
>but rather that nobody really cares about diversity in gaming enough

This. I'm willing to bet that the Sunset devs got more money from random, clueless people, than the beta keks who praised the game for being so daring and progressive.
>>
>>318505782

>CoD: Blops 3 allows you to play as a woman
It sells literally over $1 billion of copies in the first week

>Fallout 4 allows you to play as a woman and have interracial babies
It's already on pace to outsell Skyrim

See I can play that game too
>>
>>318505524
>the sjw's gained allies in the industry allowing them a foothold.
It's largely irrelevant. When devs and publishers try to go hardline down the SJW pandering route, they get castigated. The big ones already realized there's no money in it and that it's a PR timebomb, and the small ones will never amount to anything. All the gaming blogs and faux journalists don't even target gamers anymore; their shaming tactics legitimately have no effect on the market, it just brings in more clicks from armchair activists who get off on that garbage which is the only reason they continue with that rhetoric.

If you simply shut yourself off from all this nonsense and just bought and played video games, you'd have no idea this was even happening.
>>
File: migrants-602745.jpg (81 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
migrants-602745.jpg
81 KB, 590x350
>>318505883
Press X to fake police brutality.
>>
>>318505960
I would procreate with that one
>>
>>318505782
It is like SJW don't buy the games huh
>>
File: 1419872687052.jpg (132 KB, 626x452) Image search: [Google]
1419872687052.jpg
132 KB, 626x452
>>318505951
Don't think you understand the meaning of that word..
>>
>>318505887
Twitter, where it should have stayed.
>>
File: 1387675249292.gif (1 MB, 242x200) Image search: [Google]
1387675249292.gif
1 MB, 242x200
>>318505753
By saying it was "ripe for SJW behavior" you're implying that it did not start out that way and as such are agreeing with him.
I wouldn't call it anti-police or anti-establishment either, but by attributing banking regulations as some sort of anarchism you show your own biases.
>>
>>318503629
There are Swedish people who are literally getting raped and killed and dying with the last breath saying to themselves "atleast I'm not a racist"

Lol
>>
File: 1435953491920.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1435953491920.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>318503629

>Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East. Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago. Of a gay woman in Russia. A war orphan in Africa. Having that does't mean Mario, Call of Duty and Final Fantasy are going to be replaced.

or a SJW infront of his/her PC
>>
>>318503629
VIDEO GAMES
>>
Aw, poor little special snowflake. Fuck, even the Japs on 1/2 chan are realizing these people need to be shot.
>>
When leftists hear SJW, they disingenuously deflect all criticism by acting like its a bunch of a people fighting against diversity. The reality is that everyone is sick of shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH_ZryBfCtU
>>
File: 1405263839326.png (267 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1405263839326.png
267 KB, 544x400
>>318505691
>Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East.

You huddle into Western Europe with thousands of others, while still arguing with "rival nationalities" and trying to rape a woman here and there.

>Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago.

GTA: San Andreas with kids: do some petty crime and step up to become a big ballah doing big heists until you get din-do-nuffin'd by the cops.

>Of a gay woman in Russia.

Get beat up.

>A war orphan in Africa

Get recruited as a child soldier to kill and rape.

>mfw they start complaining these new gameplay experiences are totally stereotypical, incredibly hateful and very unlike real life.
>>
>>318505986
But COD sold excellently before that was a choice. Same with Fallout.
>>
>>318503629

This is just the kneejerk reaction to these faggots realizing that the Social Justice Warrior label is sticking and are sick of them acting it out as expected.

I honestly support better writing for female roles and I don't mind when the protagonist is colored, but what these people are doing isn't so much arguing for better writing, but hounding developers for diversity no matter the circumstance. I mean, look at what happened to Witcher in the gaming press. They went full tilt stopping short of calling them white supremacists for having a mostly white cast in a setting based on Polish folk law. That's what people hate and they are rightly calling it out.

So honestly this guy can fuck right off and deal with the consequences of his actions.
>>
>>318506052
>he thinks SJWs aren't authoritarian
left-wing authoritarian, right-wing authoritarian, there's very little difference between the two in practice.

all nazis, SJWs, communists, fascists, and capitalists need to be shot
>>
>>318505986
lol
That has nothing to do with the sales. People are just starved for games
>>
File: sigh.jpg (64 KB, 1025x780) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
64 KB, 1025x780
>>318503629
>>A recent study has shown that people are starting to extract more meaning out of their video games. It is often creative storytelling that inspires new, innovative mechanics. Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East. Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago. Of a gay woman in Russia. A war orphan in Africa.

Everybody forgot Ukraine

t...thanks SJWs
>>
>>318506064

They made that game
It was called paper please
Gamers loved it, the press didn't give that big of a fuck because whoever made the game didn't have pink hair
>>
>>318506208
Slavs are literal subhumans
>>
>>318506180
Nazis were trying to stop communists

Communists killed 5 times as many innocent people

You'll see eventually, middle ground pussy faggot
>>
>>318506223
>gamers
>>
File: 1403039591865.jpg (28 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1403039591865.jpg
28 KB, 324x291
>>318506180
>capitalists

What? Again you have no idea what you're talking about. You sound like a twelve year old who just discovered fedora tipping retards like Sargon
>>
>>318505887
It started because of reddit and because they had their discussions censored, they went to /v/ instead to shit everything up.

Thank god moot had to step up and ban all the mentions of GG just to make /v/ a better place.
>>
>SJW dont exist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0
>>
I had a discussion with my brother about the Syrian refugees. His position was "well, they can't just go home" and I was too considerate to tell him "Oh, sorry. Can't hear you over the constant street/gang violence, addictions, and homeless shit going on in our own country". Maybe I'm too pussy to tell someone that our country isn't exactly Heaven by comparison and all this tolerance and shit is beyond its limit. Sorry, but until these people start talking, thinking, and behaving like citizens in MY country, they can kindly fuck off back to their mudhole.

Now, about this SJW bullshit. First-off, /v/, fuck off with this stupid term. You're not exactly the King's of Meme's and quite frankly, you're only good at shit-posting yourselves to death. Secondly, not everyone with forward-thinking views is an "sjw" boogeyman. If someone wants to write a female lead or an African-American soldier smoking dope and doing "black" things, I'll applaud them for trying. When they do it right and make it natural and non-invasive, give them a damn standing ovation. However, when their entire character is "look at me prance around like a faggot" or "I have tits and a vagina!", that's shameless pandering. Fuck off.

/v/ also needs to become aware of the fact that as times change, so does the definition of what qualifies as part of a medium. Are ebooks suddenly not books because you're not turning pages and they don't use paper? No, because they still fit the definition. A mobile game is as valid a part of the "gaming" medium as tabletop rpg's. Just because you're all contrarian cunts with no comprehension of how a medium survives in a constantly-changing world does NOT diminish the presence of these things. You sound like the same types of cunts who 20 years ago would argue that handhelds aren't part of the medium because "muh cable hookups".

tl;dr fuck off with your contrarian bullshit
>>
>>318506275
Who the fuck are the capitalists, do we round up and shot everyone who owns a business?
>>
>>318506260
You're all the same to me - dumb assholes who think they can tell others how to live.
>>
>>318503629
>he concept of fighting for social justice to a pejorative
GAMERS DIDN'T COIN THE TERM SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS
THEY NAMED THEMSELVES THAT
>>
>>318506180
>>he thinks skeletons aren't authoritarian
>left-wing authoritarian, right-wing authoritarian, there's very little difference between the two in practice.

True

>all nazis, skeletons, communists, fascists, and capitalists need to be shot

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>318505975
the medium will stifle as well if they keep concentrating on their pretentious "progressive" stories rather than expanding interactivity and gameplay.
>>
>>318503629
SJWs have such a distinctive writing style. I can't quite put my finger on it but they od. It's like they're permanently outraged and it bleeds into their writing. Or maybe it's the very 'manner of fact im so smart' words they use. I dunno man.
>>
>>318506352
Ebooks don't do anything that a book doesn't do though you moron, it's just like a book on a different console that plays the exact same way

Nice shitty analogy and I'm sure the rest of your shitty post is just as faggy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWqMYqFI2tg

My favorite
>>
File: bgoodnight_punpun_v011_p062.jpg (102 KB, 540x693) Image search: [Google]
bgoodnight_punpun_v011_p062.jpg
102 KB, 540x693
>>318503629
>It is often creative storytelling that inspires new, innovative mechanics. Imagine the gameplay possibilities if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East. Or if we could take the role of a black teenager growing up in Detroit or Chicago. Of a gay woman in Russia. A war orphan in Africa.
WHAT FUCKING PART OF THIS IS "NEW, INNOVATIVE MECHANICS"??????????
THESE ARE JUST DUMB FUCKING STORIES YOU WANT SOMEBODY ELSE TO TELL WITH A GAME
GAMES AREN'T ABOUT TELLING STORIES YOU SHITBAG THEY'RE ABOUT GAMEPLAY A STORY IS JUST SUPPLEMENTAL
FUCK I JUST WANT TO PLAY VIDEOGAME
>>
I find it pretty funny that the term "SJW" has become so hated, considering it stands for Social Justice Warrior.

Like I can't see anything insulting or derogatory in those three words. Hell, it's a bit flattering to call them warriors when a lot of what they do is pissing and screaming.

Makes you wonder what it would be like if the terms was more along the lines of the old -fag suffix labels.
>>
>Having that does't mean Mario, Call of Duty and Final Fantasy are going to be replaced.
Of course big names aren't going anywhere, but if a team of developers starts putting out something focused on those issues, it means they aren't developing something else. It's still a subtractive process whether or not it actually impacts particular franchises, nothing is gained from it. What a deceptive and deluded argument.
>>
>>318506352
> forward-thinking views
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>318506447
I love how retards like you get all butthurt when someone equates you with your enemies, as if you're not all the same person wearing different hats.
>>
>>318506180
>waaaaah shoot everyone that believes in something
2015 called, post-modernist irony is over
>>
>>318503629
>Of a gay woman in Russia
Ah, ignorant yankeedoodles. Gays aren't even persecuted in Russia. The ban is on gay 'propaganda', not gay people. Why the fuck does everyone in the west think Russia is some Nazi Germany shithole? I mean, it is shit, but they're not killing homosexuals in the streets or anything.
>>
>>318506469
It's called self-righteous condensation
>>
>>318503629
>video game stories a priority
they're toys and games, not art or entertainment. I don't care about any social agenda's but these people who where bullied out of serious art because they can't draw shouldn't use videogames to justify their creativity.

also
>game about Syrian refugees
I support Syrian refugees and all but there isn't anything fun about drowning on an overcrowded boat

also also
Guacamele is a poorly made game that crashed 5-10 times when I played through it co-op with my bro, This guy needs to make a game that actually works before people can take him seriously.
>>
File: NIDF.png (1 MB, 1361x1889) Image search: [Google]
NIDF.png
1 MB, 1361x1889
>>318503778
Swarmfront happened
>>
File: genocide_route.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
genocide_route.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>318505863
That's what SJWs do, they co-opt everything they can so they can use it as a trojan horse for their talking points and worldview.

They did it with music, film, television, comics, fiction writing, various political and philosophical positions, and now they want to do it with vidya. They didn't care about vidya in the 90s when it had yet to become such a popular medium.

That's how you end up with leftists and "democratic socialists" who go around calling themselves "anarchists" and "anti-authoritarian." They literally don't know what they're saying and are just associating buzzwords with their personal feelings. They think resisting authoritarianism means "stopping" the "evil right-wingers," but then will sit there and advocate for leftist economics and speech codes in order to "fix" inequality of outcome and offensiveness.They draw clear lines between people with their collectivist attitudes, and try to characterize every interaction in the context of Marxist dialectic, that is to say, every interaction has a victim and an oppressor. From there, virtually any restructuring to "fix" the "oppression" is categorically justified.

They're like the least self-aware people ever.

>>318506061
But the "movement" was never grassroots and always had undertones of "hurrrr da evil capitalist piggus are oppressin me"

it always had a proletarian/bougie dichotomy running through it and that's why it attracted the SJW neo-progressive people who dealt the killing blow to its legitimacy

I won't say that there were never any specific demands but some of them weren't exactly systemically feasible. This trainwreck of crony capitalism has one big bubble around all the industry-specific bubbles and the big bubble will need to burst and crash the system for any meaningful, sweeping change to happen.

you can't just get a bunch of smelly lib arts white kids with dreadlocks and their aging hippie parents to go yell some shit at the suits and magically fix everything.
>>
>>318506430
>capitalists

>telling you how to live

Underage cu ck
>>
>>318506557
I'm not being ironic. I genuinely think that people with authoritarian viewpoints deserve death.
>>
>>318506469
The one thing they have in common is that they are never wrong. There exists no article written by an SJW that contains any form of self-deprication
>>
File: 1447679155028.gif (2 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1447679155028.gif
2 MB, 250x187
>>318506352
>tl;dr fuck off with your contrarian bullshit
bu...but the world outside is full of contrarians

In the 21st is so cool to be a contrarian. Yell fuck religion, fuck diversity, fuck racism, fuck nations, fuck borders, fuck school, fuck tv, fuck CNN, fuck Bush, fuck Trump, etc...

no anon, you are the contrarian

Truth hurts
Now, wash your hair, dress properly, and stop being a faggot
>>
File: 1438646236003.jpg (123 KB, 1130x900) Image search: [Google]
1438646236003.jpg
123 KB, 1130x900
>>318505986
Playing as a Woman isn't a SJW new thing....
We could play females as far back as I can remember. I didn't care that samus was a female, I fucking loved that I was a female in my japanese animu games.

Playing a female or latino or whatever isn't a SJW thing. I said this before there has to be merit to the characters.

If there a story reason for you to be black. See GTA : San Andreas it's a fucking AWESOME GAME.

The problem is SJWs are trying to inject their propaganda about how hard life is a special snow flake and how females aren't supposed to dress this way or that way. They're basically forcing their world view on yours.

Take GTA 5 with that nigger guy. It portrays the plights of a suburban nigga noga 500 times better then any SJW campus piece of shit can. Because these guys have real problems not imaginary ones like trigger warning and microagression and whatnot.

What you're saying is LOOK AT FUCKING WARHAMMER 40K AND THE SISTER OF MERCY HOW SJW.
>>
>>318505991
I'm not talking about the bloggers or indie games. I'm talking about the the triple A companies. EA and Ubisoft have gone full blown "EVERYONE MUST BE REPRESENTED!" for their games lately. Tomb Raider has gone all "we want a more realistic Lara.
>>
>>318503629
>if we could undertake the harrowing journey of the refugees currently pouring out of Syria and the Middle East
full

blown

SJW

shill
>>
>>318506628
>oligarchs who run the country
>not telling you how to live
Capitalist is code for Jew.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.