[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Pokemon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96
File: Pokemon.png (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon.png
1 MB, 1920x1200
What does /v/ think of Pokemon?
>>
I want to like it but I'm bored with it and megas are dumb as fuck.

I'll play the next generation if they do something interesting with it but they won't.
>>
>>318481936
I'm not a fan of Perfect Cell, I mean Zygarde
>>
>>318481936
Megas ruined everything. Reboot or fuck off.
>>
>>318481936
Volcanion fucking when?
>>
Cool Mega level Digimon brah
>>
Love it
>>
I like Pokemon a lot. It gets shit on a lot for sticking to its guns, but it fulfills the catching and raising and battling and trading monster niche better than any series out there, mostly because its kept the social aspects of that at the heart of the series.

The single player mode does begin to feel pretty similar from game to game, which is unfortunate. Furthermore, GameFreak's strategy to make each game unique seems to revolve around taking OUT features, which is just terrible. NOA needs to be a little more pro-active about Pokemon distributions- we only have a handful a year. Speaking of which, the current game's trend of just handing over event legendaries instead of activating their in-game events is unfortunate.
>>
>>318481936
About ready to let go and let the new generation have it.
>>
>>318481936

I think it's going overboard with all these humanoid pokes

There's too many of them, back in the day, seeing a humanoid poke walking around like a person was weird and novel.

now it's like "oh great, another person-mon who's probably going to talk to me about the meaning of friendship after I kick its ass or something"
>>
Should I get XY or ORAS?

>>318482347
Also I kinda agree with this.
>>
>>318482347
There were a few in Gen 1 (Hitmonchan and Lee, Jynx), but it feels like there's a lot more now introduced each generation.
>>
I miss when they were just animals with cool powers
>>
>>318482347
WOOWOOO GENWUNNER ALERT
uh JYNX
>>
Ghost type pokemon are the best
>>
>>318482347
I think gen 1 had the most humanoids. Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Mr. Mime , Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Jynx, Hypno, Alakazam etc.
>>
File: life.jpg (66 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
66 KB, 850x565
>>318482473
Anyone?
>>
Im enjoying PSMD at least
>>
File: super mystery dungeon pokemon.jpg (456 KB, 1500x1338) Image search: [Google]
super mystery dungeon pokemon.jpg
456 KB, 1500x1338
I like it
>>
I think the Hoopa looks cool. Not so fond of that Zygarde. Looking forward to seeing new Megas that won't be compatible with ORAS and never will be even though they could just patch it.
I likely won't be getting the new game.
>>
its gay
>>
Zygarde is the most disappointing legendary I've ever found.
>>
>>318483229
Get Y
>>
>>318482473
I liked XY way better
>>
Are these Mega forms or what? How do you get those 2?
>>
>>318483361
I recently started playing and it's my first mystery dungeon, holy shit I feel so retarded for not having tried out the older ones. I'm having so much fun and I'm only 20 hours in, and I know I still have basically the whole game ahead of me.
>>
>>318482125
But Anon...
X & Y were the reboots
>>
Main series is shit now. Unless Gamefreak starts innovating a little more than not at all -- no, who am I kidding, Pokemon will sell regardless of what changes do or don't occur.
>>
>>318483695
Megas were a game changer though
>>
>every game locks 80% of the Pokemon behind beating the story/elite 4
>doing that has become boring as fuck
>Megas are retarded and half the time just make OP Pokemon more OP
>some of them are substitutes for just giving a Pokemon an actual evolved form
>legendaries are a pain in the ass to get with several of them requiring unique events and all kinds of ancillary bullshit

It's a combination of reasons that I don't play them anymore. I used to love Pokemon but I just don't have the time to fuck around with it anymore

I told myself I'd pick up a new copy when they finally give Farfetch'd an evolved form to make him viable. So basically I'll never play again
>>
>>318483695
well they did say that themselves too
>>
>>318483514
Hoopa-Unbound (left) - Beat the E4 43 times with a normal Hoopa in the last slot. You must have six Pokemon with you every time, and the Hoopa cannot be sent out in battle. One the 43rd time, before you fight Diantha, let your Hoopa hold a Shiny Stone. Then, Lysandre will appear in your house after the credits. He will say "Son... I'm proud of you", and then turn the held Shiny Stone into a PokeGod Stone, which you can use to evolve your Hoopa.

One on the right is Zygarde's 100% form, but that's not released yet.
>>
>>318483061
Hypno doesn't really look like a person though.
Mr. Mime is my favorite and I don't understand why nobody here likes it
>>
>>318483640
Yeah, games don't really suck me in that often, but I started this one yesterday and I was instantly addicted.
>>
>>318484042
>Hoopa-Unbound (left) - Beat the E4 43 times with a normal Hoopa in the last slot. You must have six Pokemon with you every time, and the Hoopa cannot be sent out in battle. One the 43rd time, before you fight Diantha, let your Hoopa hold a Shiny Stone. Then, Lysandre will appear in your house after the credits. He will say "Son... I'm proud of you", and then turn the held Shiny Stone into a PokeGod Stone, which you can use to evolve your Hoopa.

Or take Hoopa to the Pokemart in Ruby or Sapphire. You can currently get Hoopa at Mcdonalds in Burgerland.
>>
>>318483640
While Super is arguably the best, its still worth checking out the older games. You still can. Super has a lot of references and other bits of fanservice towards the older games in it, so now that you're playing Super, you might have a lot of fun seeing where some stuff originated. About the only title people would say to avoid is Gates to Infinity. Explorers of Sky and Red/Blue Rescue Team are great though. All that extra story and character focus, the great music, the challenging dungeons...its wonderful.
>>
>>318483510
>>318483484
Is ORAS that bad?
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 480x640
>>318484310
Or rename your router to "Mcdonalds Free WiFi", disabable any security and Myster Gift via internet that shit. Apoearently it only checks the SSID.
>>
>>318484535
Yes

It offers 0 improvements over the originals
Except for the dragon waifu
>>
>>318484042

Wow, sounds like bullshit to do that. Reminds me back then when people put up shit to get pikablue, before it was know as marill. Like holding a poison rattata while it's poison for more than 40+ hours without fainting or removing status.
>>
>>318483061
To be fair the Abra line are more just bipedal (Something alot of Pogemans do when they reach the thrid stage).

I can't really put my finger on it but there's really something off that separates pokemon like say Ledian, Machamp and Sableye from Lilligant, Gardevoir or Bisharp.
>>
>>318482473
if you were to get either, get ORAS. At least you get SOME post game in that one.
>>
>>318484801
>not mentioning the pokesearch feature where you track and sneak up on pokemon in the wild
>>
The pokes designs started to get dumb from gen 4 and onward
>>
>>318484535
Its literally a prettier R/S, it has some nice new features but still has all of its old issues.

Very largely it suffers from in my opinion the shittiest pokemon availability in routes to date in any game.
>>
>>318484801
>He forgot to fight Deoxys in space while riding onback of Rayquaza
>>
>>318484535
I liked it but you should really get X or Y before you decide to get ORAS
>>
File: 1435726389692.png (2 MB, 1362x1490) Image search: [Google]
1435726389692.png
2 MB, 1362x1490
>>318484889
>shitting on Pokemon designs
a reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>318484905
Gold and Silver had the shittiest pokemon placement.. You couldn't even get most of the cool gen 2 pokemon until Kanto. Also gen 2 wild pkemon gave so little EXP that it was a pain in the ass to catch any pokemon up.
>>
>>318484989
>>318484880
Okay, ALMOST no improvements
Also those dont make up for the downgrades
>>
>>318485037
Its 100% either or for me, R/S just stands out to me because of the large amount of water routes having 3 total pokemon on them all combined.
>>
>>318483869
>every game locks 80% of the Pokemon behind beating the story/elite 4
>doing that has become boring as fuck
Did you even play X and Y? Over half of the total Pokemon were available before the E4 in it.
>>
>>318482164
digimon have metallic body parts my negro
>>
>>318484857
Kadabra was even based on actual magician though and Machamp is definitely the most human looking one out of that list.
>>
>>318481936

Not gonna lie. I like those. The form shit has to stop though.
>>
>>318482125
Those aren't even megas.
>>
>>318485008
oh god they actually made one based on that literal shit-eating yokai, the 'toilet licker' or some crap.
>>
>>318485008
I like the Wall guy.
>>
>>318485008
Can't really compare the two when one game's monsters are based on Japanese folklore and they're pretty ridiculous already.
>>
I remember when i used to steao pokemon cards in elementry school
good times~
>>
>>318485361
there is one, but he's not in the picture. He makes people talk about useless trivia, which somehow transforms into actual shit that which he eats
>>
pokemon sure looks retarded when it tries to be digimon
>>
>>318485664
third row, the one holding the stained bucket.
>>
>>318484121
hypno looks like a jew and has fingers and toes and stands on his feet and does hypnosis a human concept so he is pretty humanoid
>>
>>318481936

Those pogemans are cool.

Edgy.
>>
ive played every game up until black and white
i havent played the 6th gen yet because i dont have a 3ds. is there an emulator in the works or should i buy a 3ds? i was really excited when 3rd gen remakes were announced
>>
>>318485823

he's based on some Japanese folklore tapir that eats your dreams.
>>
I will never understand how people can invest more than 60 hours in a Pokemon game
>>
>>318486274
gotta catch em all bruv
>>
>>318486274

U have to catch em all.
>>
>>318485361
akaname?
>>
>>318486178
on one hand 3ds costs like 50 bucks these days
on the other hand ORAS isn't even as good as R/S so you'll be in for some disappointment if you have any standards or memories left
>>
>>318482246
>It gets shit on a lot for sticking to its guns
Because they've hardly innovated at all in 20 years. GameFreak are some of the laziest devs out there, and they get away with it because Pokemon prints money.
>>
>>318486410
>on the other hand ORAS isn't even as good as R/S so you'll be in for some disappointment if you have any standards or memories left
damn
Emerald was my childhood tbqh
i literally dumped 800hours into that game
>>
>>318486274

make a themed team, pretend to be a gym leader or some shit.

that's how I do it.

I try to make the strangest team I can think of and then I focus on making it competitively viable.

One of my teams is made purely of butterfly and moth pokemon.
>>
>>318486409
yeah, just looked it up, same basis 'filth licker'

http://yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Akaname
>>
>>318486410
Wish I could find a 3DS for $50... Even craigslist people near me want 100+
>>
File: Brendan_Fraser.jpg (73 KB, 563x600) Image search: [Google]
Brendan_Fraser.jpg
73 KB, 563x600
>IVs/DVs
>Natures
>>
>>318486351
>>318486397
I don't have the patience to aimlessly walk around. Isn't it easier to just transfer the shits from other games?

>>318486571
I am not autistic
>>
>>318486274
People like online battling, also raising good pokemon takes a shit ton of time
>>
>>318486653
that's weird
I feel for you
>>
>>318482125
>reboot

how the fuck
>>
File: 1435053358575.jpg (99 KB, 931x671) Image search: [Google]
1435053358575.jpg
99 KB, 931x671
>Gigantic sea serpent that uses beams to attack >100 special in gen 1
>60 sp.atk in gen 2
What the fucking fuck Game Freak
>>
>>318486745
play nuzlockes then
they fun as f*ck
>>
>>318486896
It was before GF got Autistic about not altering Pokemon with shit stats (Which makes sense I guess but it leads to a nasty case of Power Creep)
>>
>>318485361

at least they didn't include the other bathroom youkai

there's one that stands outside your bathroom stall asks you if you want "red paper" or "blue paper" and kills you in horrendous ways based on how you answer. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to say "no thanks" or something if you don't want to get killed.

There's also another bathroom ghost that's a woman with a disfigured face who asks you how she looks. Again, she kills you if you say anything about her face. Only way to survive is to say she looks like anyone else and walk away.

and don't get me started on the elevator game girl who kills you if you answer any of her questions or look at her directly. That's supposedly the ghost Elisa Lam lost her life to.
>>
>>318486745

No, fug you, catch em all.
>>
>>318481936
I hate the new ones. I get every new game that comes out but I hate the meta. Everyone ends up with basically the same team thanks to smogin or whatever. It's bullshit. It's supposed to be about exploring a world, battling mons and training them.

I'm working on a 3d game. Assets ripped straight from x/y. Gotta do all the animations myself and I'm more of a programmer, but it's good practice. I won't be accepting money from it, I don't need it. I just wanna make the game that the fans have demanded for decades. Hopefully nintendo doesn't come after me or I'll have to switch to anonymity which clearly doesn't bother me in the first place.

I love the community, the gameplay. Shit these games basically taught me how to read. Plus it won't be a bad resume fluffer. I just hope I don't end up like pokemon generations getting burnt out after 10 mons. Expect a demo before Christmas. Wish me luck
>>
File: Kuchidake-onna_anime_artwork.jpg (51 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Kuchidake-onna_anime_artwork.jpg
51 KB, 350x350
>>318487087
>There's also another bathroom ghost that's a woman with a disfigured face who asks you how she looks. Again, she kills you if you say anything about her face. Only way to survive is to say she looks like anyone else and walk away.
uhh...there totally isn't one like that in there, not at all!
>>
>>318487087
the second bathroom ghost can be beaten by asking her how you look instead of answering.

and yeah, but then the Japanese literally have a Yokai that 'moves their pillows while they're asleep', they'll blame anything on yokai.

...wonder when they'll make one based on the horse leg dangling from a tree that kicks at passersby.
>>
>>318481936
I find it to be a pretty shallow series at this point. It used to be a bunch of fucking animals fighting eachother and now some of them are fucking gods (Arceus). The series is typically always the same shit too consisting of getting badges, defeating the elite four or whatever the fuck the region has and becoming champion. Don't forget to defeat the bad guys along the way!

Maybe I'm asking too much for a new kind of Pokemon story, it's a fucking kids game, why should Nintendo innovate when it's been selling like hotcakes for the last two decades.
>>
>>318486274
>>318486571
Themed teams are a great way to do it, as well as challenge runs. Everyone knows Nuzlocke challenges, but here's one that I made up that I prefer. I call it a "Kaizo" run.

First, I pick a number between 1 & 20. I'll usually use a random number generator or roll a die for it. Lets say it's 7.
I'm allowed to catch the 7th, 27th, 47th, 67th, etc pokemon I see, if it's wild. If it isn't wild, I skip that number and go another 20.
I progress as quickly as possible, grinding only if I get stuck on a Gym, and then only until I can beat the gym - however barely, and with however many items I need.

I'll roll again/use another rng between 1-8, and I can only use that number ability. Necessary HMs don't count for field use. eg; I roll 3, and have a PIkachu, so I can only use every third skill he learns - Growl, Electro Ball, Double Team, Discharge, etc, etc.

And finally, I roll one last time betwen 1-10, and can only use that numbered TM, cycling every 10 like I do with pokemon captures. You get the picture by now.

This makes the game much more challenging, without requiring you to toss out dead pokemon and therefor having the potential for a total restart.
>>
File: machamp.jpg (25 KB, 208x236) Image search: [Google]
machamp.jpg
25 KB, 208x236
>>318481936
What the actual fuck am I looking at? Christ Nintendo is cancer now.
>>
>>318487024
That doesn't even make sense though, why lower the stats for its dominant movepool? Maybe they should've just tweaked Magikarps evolution requirements and let Gyarados' stats stay at 580. As it stands now there's no reason to use Gyarados in gen 2-3 unless you enjoy breeding for HP Flying
>>
>>318487364

>now
>>
>>318485008
People anticipated this?

There's a general on /vg/ for this?

Jesus, there's more complex character designs for store brand ripoff characters on cereal boxes.

>it's based on Japanese folklore.

So? It's still retarded, and i can't imagine that kids (the target audience) will buy into this shit. Especially the western kids.
>>
>>318487212
GameFreak/Nintendo have been surprisingly chill about romhacks, and there's quite a bit of great hacking resources out there for you if you want to go that route.

What's the name of your game? I'll look out for it!
>>
>>318487087
Ancient Japan had elevators?
>>
>>318485008
Bottom left is the Jewiest Jew in all of Judaism.
>>
Zygard Perfect, Volcanion, and Diancie's are all retarded, Hoopa is great, most of the Megas are great, and most of the new Pokemon are good.
>>
>>318481936
I think you monster humpers have your own board
>>>/vp/
Go back there, faggot
>>
>>318487543
Mate even cavemen had elevators, there's a documentary concerning the technology of the stone age, I think it's called the Flintstones.
>>
>>318487364
>What is Jynx?
>What is Mr. Mime?
>>
>>318487507
It's not a romhack, it's a 3rd person game made in unity, all memes aside. Working title is nomekop but we'll see when I launch.
>>
>>318481936
I thought that was Tidal Wave for a sec.
>>
>>318487364
>Nintendo
>having any control over this
>>
>>318487543

not all yokai are ancient

Hanako is pretty modern
>>
>>318487717
I understood it wasn't a romhack from the way you described it, was just maybe giving you an additional toolset that didn't require a complete rewrite so you might not burn out as fast!

I'll put nomekop on my list and look for it every morning 'til it pops up. Thanks! Good luck!
>>
>>318484413
>Super is arguably the best.

What? Really? I mean sure, it's a VAST improvement to Gates, but it's not better than Sky.
>>
>>318487702
Nigga compare a clown looking fuck and a fat black woman looking bitch to the ones posted in OP, the one on the right looks like a fucking mech or some shit.
>>
>>318487906
Well thank you so much! Having someone outside of my friend circle expecting this will make me work that much harder. Seriously, thanks
>>
>>318487764
which gundam is this from
>>
>>318485008
I want to fuck the long-necked woman.
>>
File: Grass on the moon.jpg (24 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Grass on the moon.jpg
24 KB, 640x640
>>318487425
They were pretty based up until the game cube.

>>318487702
What are you even babbling about?

>>318487826
You're right, it's nearly entirely game freak's fault. Nintendo does share some of the blame due to the fact that they are squandering all of their IP's, including Pokemon.
>>
>>318487764
Thought that was Megas XLR for a second
>>
Not even being a nostalgia fag but I think it should have ended with gen 2 even as a kid seeing gen 3's commercials on TV I thought it looks exactly the same as what I played on gameboy.

Fuck, even the new Gen VI character models still animate like 2-D sprites
>Double kick
>That shitty animation
>>
>>318488067
Runescape
>>
>>318487087
>There's also another bathroom ghost that's a woman with a disfigured face who asks you how she looks. Again, she kills you if you say anything about her face. Only way to survive is to say she looks like anyone else and walk away.

That one isn't a bathroom ghost, it's just someone you find on the streets.
>>
>>318487310

my girlfriend claims she encountered a ghost in a Chili's bathroom.

She walked into the stall and a woman in an old fashioned floral garb was just standing there with her back turned away.

My girlfriend glanced away and apologized, and when she went to shut the door she realized the woman was gone.

She told me what happened immediately and was very shaken up by it. She has no history of hallucinations, nor did she have any since.

She said the weirdest part was that she could recall all the finer details of the woman's clothing and disheveled hair.
>>
>>318488210
>tfw mechscape never
>>
>>318488203
Some character models are very disappointing and lacking in personality entirely.

Someone post Skarmory's animation.
>>
>>318488203
Pokemon games get a pass on being rehashes with a new coat of paint every few years on the basis that they're a part of our childhoods so we tend to look favorably on them. Meanwhile we used to shit on COD and still shit on sports games for doing the exact same shit.
>>
File: 1300026691212.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1300026691212.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
I like it. I can see why most people who have followed the series somewhat would get bored of it, but I like RPGs and when I get Pokémon I know what I'll get, so I'll most likely get them all.
>>
>>318487702
>>318488163
There are weird Pokemon in all versions and those examples aren't the majority in Gen 6.

In fact, Gen 6 has quite a few decent designs IMO, and I'm a Gen Wunner.
>>
>>318487087

Japanese ghosts are so hostile.

They're like spiritual landmines, hotdamn.

Western ghosts are much more karmic by comparison. They only hurt you if you deliberately try to fuck with them.

Japanese ghosts kill you for not knowing all their specific riddles and rules, that's cruel.
>>
>>318488565
they keep the baka gaijin spooked and off grorious nipponese soil
>>
>>318488565
interdasting, never thought about it like that
>>
>>318488565

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchisake-onna

>this fucking chart
>>
>>318481936
Am I supposed to see Zygarde as a walking jack o lantern with a crown and long flowing hair?
>>
I like zygarde perfect form look bad ass .
>>
>>318488565
I remember one of my dad's relatives claimed her upstairs bedroom was haunted (It's in England and that place is filled with centuries old hand me down houses), everyone else kept bugging me to see it but no way was I going up there. Closet I've been to haunting and I'm planning to keep it that way.

Japan must be built on corpses or something if they're finding these things on the streets.
>>
>>318489123
Are you 12?
>>
>>318481936
I thought when they got to the point where they revealed the god pokemon that was literally responsible for seeding the entire universe with life that they would be done.

I was wrong
>>
>>318489174
Not really. They cremate their dead. At least the deaths that are accounted for
>>
File: 1439567866515.png (3 MB, 1316x1964) Image search: [Google]
1439567866515.png
3 MB, 1316x1964
>>318489174
People in New Sakura Town are lousy drivers.
>>
>>318489174

There's something about bathrooms that seems to attract the paranormal.

The East Indians are so terrified of bathroom ghosts they prefer to poop in the streets. They literally believe in "toilet witches" and are so terrified by the idea that they keep their countries in a 3rd world status deliberately.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-33980904
>>
>>318481936
Have they announced Z yet? Fuck.
>>
File: fuck this stupid game.webm (1 MB, 950x356) Image search: [Google]
fuck this stupid game.webm
1 MB, 950x356
>>318481936
>What does /v/ think of Pokemon?
>>
File: Fepr-Blackknight.jpg (542 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Fepr-Blackknight.jpg
542 KB, 1200x1200
>>318481936
Why does Zygarde look a little like the Black Knight from Fire Emblem WHO'S NAME ALSO STARTS WITH A Z?
>>
>>318489481
only for the anime movie I think.
>>
>>318489508
they may as well both be based on the same figure.
>>
>>318481936
After Gen 5, It basically died a quick and horrible death.
>>
>>318489528
I know about that, as well as the bullshit "XY&Z" anime series.

I want the god damn game, you assholes.
>>
>>318489481
It's a good thing that they haven't. Allowing them 2 years to make it instead of one might mean we won't get another half-assed, poorly optimized game.
>>
File: 1445253624341.jpg (177 KB, 940x546) Image search: [Google]
1445253624341.jpg
177 KB, 940x546
>>318484793
If that really works its retarded as shit programming.

I love stupid solutions like this.
>>
>>318489648
oh, nothing yet. All we know is one word, "Flowers"
>>
File: giornobullshit.jpg (104 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
giornobullshit.jpg
104 KB, 500x489
>>318484042
>Hoopa-Unbound (left) - Beat the E4 43 times with a normal Hoopa in the last slot. You must have six Pokemon with you every time, and the Hoopa cannot be sent out in battle. One the 43rd time, before you fight Diantha, let your Hoopa hold a Shiny Stone. Then, Lysandre will appear in your house after the credits. He will say "Son... I'm proud of you", and then turn the held Shiny Stone into a PokeGod Stone, which you can use to evolve your Hoopa.
>>
>>318489617
this
>>
>>318489649
We both know you're kidding yourself, anon.
>>
>>318488393
Honestly, the games were fine till this generation. Even if they were the same thing over again, each generation had its own thing going for it and I liked that. The remakes were also good till this gen as well. I blame Mega evolution for the Gen6's shittiness. It litteraly takes most of the challenge out of every single battle, which is the only thing really going for the single player at times.
>>
>>318488565
>Western ghosts are much more karmic by comparison. They only hurt you if you deliberately try to fuck with them.

Dullahan just ride around and kill people, and will whip your eyes out if you look at them.
Draugr will crush you to death, eat you, or drive you insane.
Will-o'-the-wisp guide you away from safe roads and towards danger for no real reason.
And of course there are fairies, who may just decide to kidnap your children and replace them with changelings.
>>
>>318485008
Seriously, NONE of these look like pokemon is gamefreak even trying anymore?
>>
>>318489939
I said "might", not "will". I'm fully expecting it to be shit, but they might pull off another D/P-> Platinum.
>>
>>318489437
TFW reading the thread from the shitter.
About to shower.
Spooped.
>>
>>318481936
Personally, I grew out of it when I got to the 6th grade and that was late 2000 to 2001. I still played the games all the way to black. I wasted so much of my parents money and dragged my dad to take me to see the first movie. I'm not really the least bit nostalgic of it. It was the longest fad for me because before that, I was into the Spice Girls and I'm a guy so imagine how many times I got weird looks. It's overrated.

If anyone knows, a guy with Asperger's who flunked school and was forced to move back with his parents invented Pokemon and 20 years later, we are here talking about it.
>>
>>318489437
Another reason to never go to India.
>>
>>318490082

just whatever you do

don't whistle

that attracts them, let's them know you're scared.
>>
>>318490061
wow genwunner defence force
I bet you think your animated goo is better than crying inverted umbrella
>>
>>318481936

What the fuck are either of these things.
>>
>>318490527
one's a corrupted genie while the other is a walking mecha
>>
>>318490527
A shaman-genie and the literal defender of Earth.
>>
I love that Hoopa design.
>>
>>318490527
Digimon
>>
>>318490061
thats yokai watch dumbass
>>
>>318490527
Final form Hoopa and Zygarde, both Legendary shitters
>>
>>318490527
chaos ganon and zygardemon
>>
>>318490852
it was a joke, dude.
>>
>>318490527
A Djinn and Captain Planet.
>>
>>318481936
hypothetically can two people obtain the rings of Hoopa and use it to have long distance sex?
>>
>>318490527
Majin Buu and cell
>>
>>318491021
I think Hoopa would have to activate them first. I could see him punching you in the dick right before you start though
>>
>>318481936
Well it's hardly modern honestly speaking I'll list the reasons why:
You can't be a trans character
There is poor POC representation, you can argue about the skintone in x/y but the character can't have ebonic hair.
There are no gay characters in the games, in the anime all we got was harley and he was every negative stereotype of a gay man imaginable.
I'll give them points for Cynthia though she's a strong female character.
>>
File: happening.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
happening.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>318481936

What does /v/ think of Pokemon evolution?
>>
some of the newer designs look stupid, games are still really fun though.
>>
>>318491663
>Blah blah blah bond

Proof that he hates Pikachu?
>>
>>318491663
it's getting weirder and weirder by the generation.
>>
>>318491870

pikachu doesn't have protean
>>
>>318491663
Thunder Armor officially dethroned.
>>
>>318491663
woh woh woh yeah
>>
>>318491663
How did Sceptile Mega Evolve? I don't see any Mega bling on that green haired kid.
>>
File: work_cafe.png.jpg (95 KB, 650x437) Image search: [Google]
work_cafe.png.jpg
95 KB, 650x437
>>318487364
By the way this is canon:

>there is the pokemon equivalent of strip clubs for women where Machamps will do poses for them

They're in Celadon city of course and are 'cafes'
>>
File: Machamp no pants.png (29 KB, 460x480) Image search: [Google]
Machamp no pants.png
29 KB, 460x480
>>318492205
>Machoke/Machamp's speedos aren't actually speedos, just black skin

so they literally have big black cocks
>>
File: shiny machamp.png (31 KB, 530x460) Image search: [Google]
shiny machamp.png
31 KB, 530x460
>>318492298
girls like shiny machamps more becuase they look better tanned
>>
>>318492205
Cafes like that have been popular recently in Japan. It's more like the equivalent of Hooters.
>>
>>318492128
The Hoenn Elites don't have visible key stones either
>>
>>318492128
Mega Buttplug, obviously.
>>
>>318481936
Formes were a mistake
Megas were a bigger mistake
Just give us evolutions, fuck the meta
>>
File: Machamp bodyguard.png (47 KB, 610x390) Image search: [Google]
Machamp bodyguard.png
47 KB, 610x390
>>318492382
Machamps are employed as bodyguards and escorts.

Maybe "escorts"
>>
>>318481936

Literally Digimon
>>
>>318492205
>Strip clubs
Actually, it's a host club. It's like a cafe or a bar where there are intentionally attractive servers. Some even make a decent living in tips and gifts.
>>
File: Machamp clumsy.png (26 KB, 460x390) Image search: [Google]
Machamp clumsy.png
26 KB, 460x390
>>318492458
Machamp has really shitty fine motor skills
>>
File: Machamp belt.png (31 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
Machamp belt.png
31 KB, 500x450
>>318492560
Still, nobody knows what happens when Machoke or Machamp remove their restraining belts.
>>
>>318492458
To be employed there would have to be paid.

They are slaves. They have no rights because they are not humans. They are subservient to the master species.
>>
>>318492458
where is this weird machamp art all coming from
>>
>>318492205
>Say girls want to fuck them
>Then say they don't have dicks

What's the point?
>>
File: machamp shipment.png (37 KB, 560x465) Image search: [Google]
machamp shipment.png
37 KB, 560x465
>>318492751
Nope, they're employees.

In addition to what we know (Moving companies and construction sites), they're also employed at body building gyms.
>>
>>318492803
http://www.pokemon.jp/special/kairiky_gym/

>>318492820
Nobody said they don't have dicks. They just obviously can't show off their black skinned dicks to kids so they aren't shown with them.
>>
File: Machamp fitness trainer.jpg (137 KB, 1021x491) Image search: [Google]
Machamp fitness trainer.jpg
137 KB, 1021x491
Machamp make excellent fitness trainers.
>>
>>318492957
what do all these moonrunes mean

what is happening
why is this entire site dedicated to machamp
>>
>>318493169
What's with all the Machamp facts from GF? It's like the one Pokemon I really didn't want to learn more about.
>>
File: Machamp toss.jpg (98 KB, 941x433) Image search: [Google]
Machamp toss.jpg
98 KB, 941x433
Machamp also make excellent father figures for when yours runs out his family

Here we have a machamp father celebrating his adoptive son's birthday
>>
>>318492957
why is there an entire section on a website dedicated to random facts about a gen 1 pokemon that is not very popular?
>>
>>318481936
when are they announcing pokemon z
>>
File: Machamp boy toy.jpg (54 KB, 438x264) Image search: [Google]
Machamp boy toy.jpg
54 KB, 438x264
>>318492498
according to this picture I found it's a little more hands on.

Human women have insatiable appetites for machamp dick
>>
>>318493330
wrong
that's lumineon
>>
>>318493494

obviously mega machamp to be revealed in pokken
>>
File: 250px-534Conkeldurr.png (62 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-534Conkeldurr.png
62 KB, 250x250
>>318493648
Machamp needs it.
He was pretty much replaced by this ugly ass clown.

Not sure what they were thinking when they designed this.
>>
>>318493767
>conkle-durr
every time
>>
>>318493872
>Not "Conk-Elder"
>>
>>318494281
Concrete-Elder, huh?
>>
>>318493532
>Trying to remove his belt
Those women want to die, don't they?
>>
File: 1408028702847.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1408028702847.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>318493767

even the anime guys hate him.
>>
>>318494382
I almost imagine that the retraining belt isn't holding back his strength but his massive dick
>>
>>318494382
or maybe they're mad trainers who just want to see what happens.

spoilers that how his weiner flops out, it's tucked up under it.
>>
>>318494409
The anime always made a point of babies beating evolved forms because stats not mattering and shit.

Remember the Bellsprout that curbed everyone but Muk? Same thing.
>>
>>318493767
He's supposed to be the "Strongman" foil to Machamp's bodybuilder aesthetic. Less muscle tone, more bulk.

Not sure what the clown nose is all about, though.
>>
File: tumblr_nuomitIFTO1rclf4do6_1280.png (289 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuomitIFTO1rclf4do6_1280.png
289 KB, 600x600
Have you accepted Perfect Zygarde in your life, /v/?
>>
>>318494409
>The awkward as fuck way he holds the Poles

Who designed this thing?
>>
>>318494563

conkeldurr getting wrecked is a recurring theme though. he's a jobber.
>>
quick question about bank, i forgot to renew since june, i had my living dex there, should i give it up or renew it?
>>
>>318494567
it's a caricature trait of grumpy old men in Japan.

It doesn't really need to be any deeper than that.
>>
>>318494743
Yeah see, I dont get why you would want to use that on a hueg fighting type.

That whole face would be more suitable for some psychic type or some shit.
>>
>>318494846
maybe, maybe, but then it's not really our choice in the end, what GF does with their designs.

I can appreciate pokemon that most others can't, I mean, sometimes I feel like one of the few people who actually likes the elemental Monkies.
>>
File: Kudo_OA.png (311 KB, 500x573) Image search: [Google]
Kudo_OA.png
311 KB, 500x573
>>318494743
>>318494567
Whaddya have against bulbous noses, boy?
>>
>>318492298
>>318492820
I think there are like 4 species of animals that have dicks that don't completely retract into their bodies, humans are one of those species.
>>
>>318494743
>>318494846
Japanese salt-of-the-earth types that worked in manual labor jobs such as construction would often tie one off after work and were pretty spirited drunks.

The Timburr line was based on this.
>>
File: zygarde tretta.webm (3 MB, 848x456) Image search: [Google]
zygarde tretta.webm
3 MB, 848x456
>>318494610
>>
File: squishy 2.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
squishy 2.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>318497706
>>
>>318493767
I like him more than Machamp,Machamp always looked like some washed-up wrestler to me.
>>
>>318497706
Do they design these things terrible just so they can make you shell out for the "real" form?

All the Legendaries besides the X/Y Box ones look terrible in their base forms.
>>
File: zydoge.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
zydoge.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>318497879
>>
File: 352Kecleon_Dream.png (15 KB, 254x268) Image search: [Google]
352Kecleon_Dream.png
15 KB, 254x268
It's actually the game that got me into video games as a whole, so I'll always appreciate it one way or another. I may not agree with the way it's going, especially recently, but it's never gone out of it's way to remove what drew me into the series, and if they're not in newer installments, I'll just go back to the older ones. It's that simple.
I tried getting into the competitive scene but it's way too copy-paste for my liking. Was not a fan.
Overall, it's being left in the past, so it's trying to make changes that aren't being very well thought out, but I'll always have the games I really enjoyed, like Red, Emerald, SS and B2, so it doesn't bother me at all.

this guy is the best pokemon
>>
File: zygarde_by_psychohazard-d6unz90.jpg (434 KB, 850x657) Image search: [Google]
zygarde_by_psychohazard-d6unz90.jpg
434 KB, 850x657
>>318498181
>implying Ziggy is terrible
>>
>>318498282
I just think it's Snake form is retarded and the fact that's the version in the game implies GF thought it sucked so they came up with it's Single Cell gimmick.
>>
>>318481936
I think it's great. I have loved every single thing about Pokemon since I started up Yellow years ago.

It's getting better. Megas are a great addition, and Zygarde perfect looks extremely badass. It makes me wonder what kind of Pokemon will be in the next generation.
>>
>>318498543
Hopefully a good amount of ghost types
>>
>>318488093
>tfw blowjob all the way from the kitchen
>>
>>318481936
It's fun, but it takes way too long to make a good team.

I only play it near release, when everyone is still using their in-game teams.
>>
IV breeding is boring.
Egg farming is less engaging than trimming my toenails.
>>
>>318499106
Then forget IVs and just go for Natures and EVs, since they matter more anyway.
>>
File: 1424349615356.jpg (7 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
1424349615356.jpg
7 KB, 204x204
>>318491663
>Greninja using water attacks
>ON MEGA SCEPTILE

FULL
RETARD

the anime is just a bunch of insults to people who play any of the games gathered together into one animated piece
>>
>>318499608
>Giovanni using Thunderbolt with Rhyhorn to defeat a Jolteon
I was so triggered.
>>
>>318482347
>back in the day, seeing a humanoid poke walking around like a person was weird and novel.

pffffAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAHHAHAHAH!!!
>>
>>318488565
The problem here is that you are confusing ghosts with youkais.
The japanese have ghosts (aka the souls of dead people) too but these are just like spirits that exist and thats it, similar to the western ones.

The youkais instead are the soul of a person that has been trapped in an object for 100 years and became alive, there is no comparative stuff in the west to that shit, the closest it could come would be the ghost of a nigga possessing an lcd and making people rap for him or he will take their souls to public tv, it makes no fucking sense.
Though on the other hand, i think that spilling salt, walking under a ladder or breaking a mirror gives bad luck so i dont fucking know.
>>
>>318493330
Maybe to give him a personality for Pokken
>>
>>318499894
>not Blastoise hitting Charizard with Hydro Pump and not knocking it out, only to get destroyed by Fire Blast
>>
Oh wow, I had actually never seen the new Zygarde form until now.

So when the FUCK is Pokemon Z coming? It's so obvious at this point.
>>
>>318499608
silly anon types don't matter in the anime except for the convenient moments when they do.

Ash is called out constantly for using bad type matchups and then winning anyways
>>
File: 1419260140121.png (263 KB, 807x991) Image search: [Google]
1419260140121.png
263 KB, 807x991
>>318500931
it's because he's really competent! ;^)

>mfw Pikachu downed Orange Islands' Champion Drake's Dragonite, but couldn't beat Norman's Vigoroth
>>
>>318482246
>>318486529
I think the battle system is fine. But every gen V pokemon is based on a gen 1 pokemon.
It really kills the novelty if every game is quite literally the same.

Also megas suck, you can't even transfer them over, what's the point of searching for items?
>>
>>318483869
>>some of them are substitutes for just giving a Pokemon an actual evolved form
Worst shit ever. Megas SHOULD be reserved for 4th evolutions only. They literally give them out at random.
>>
>>318502202
>>318483869
What's the difference? No one can tell that your shitmon will ever get an evolution, and even then they don't impede the creation of one.
>>
>>318502405
>what's the difference
If you don't know the difference, and others do, why are you against people being against megas?
>>
>>318502462
>why are you against people being against megas?
I never said i'm against them. I'm just asking what's the difference.
>>
>>318483869
>Megas are retarded and half the time just make OP Pokemon more OP

I have no idea what you're talking about anon

>780 BST making it the highest equal with Mega Mewtwo
>Doesn't need a mega stone to mega evolve, allowing the player to have it hold something useful
>only needs to know Dragon Ascent which it should know anyways, it's Close Combat but flying type
>Delta Stream nullifies flying type weaknesses so it's only x2 weak to Ice, Dragon and Fairy
>>
>>318503149
sh-shut up, all legendaries are broken! specially Phione, BAN THAT SHIT
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.