[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Doom 2 the last game to let you use a chainsaw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 966-Doom2.jpg (19 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
966-Doom2.jpg
19 KB, 480x300
Why was Doom 2 the last game to let you use a chainsaw?
>>
>>318456592
piss on that I'm trying to have a good thread you asshole
>>
Serious Sam
Gears of War
>>
>end the jerk fest already!
Army of Darkness (dreamcast)
>>
>he hasn't played Farming Simulator '15
>>
>>318456863
to add to this:
Quake 2
Space Marine
Dead Rising 1&2
Manhunt
Left 4 Dead 2
Bayonetta
Dead Island
Space Station 13
>>
Why hasn't a singleplayer fps as good as Doom been released since? Also why are secrets so fucking rare these days and so often lore related shit? Only game I can even remember in the last few years that had the same secret density as Doom is Freedom Planet.
>>
Didn't new Vegas have a chainsaw?
>>
>>318457440
Because the Internet, nothing is secret
>>
>>318457440
Every modern fps is better than Doom, you just can't see it through the glasses.
>>
>>318456437
doom 3
>>
File: 8^y 7.jpg (32 KB, 577x343) Image search: [Google]
8^y 7.jpg
32 KB, 577x343
Doom 3 had a chainsaw.
And a damn good one too.
>that sweet sweet noise you got when you ground it against metal.
>>
Silent Hill 2 has a chainsaw.
>>
>>318457440
>lore related shit
This is a part of the problem. Developers these days barely make games anymore. They construct illustrated narratives and then let you walk through them in 3D. In ye olden days, mechanics and level design came first, art and story were just window dressing. Now they're treated as equally important as game play if not moreso, so now I've got a lot of games that look gorgeous but can't hold my attention for more than 30 minutes at a time. It's very frustrating.
>>
>>318457674
a) trolling
b) someone who hasn't played Doom
c) developmentally disabled
Which is it?
>>
>>318458198
All three.
>>
>mods now removing bobandyposting
what is the world coming to?
>>
>>318457483
yep
>>
File: anarchy-reigns-jack-2.jpg (233 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
anarchy-reigns-jack-2.jpg
233 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>318456592
>>318456660
Fuck off janny
>>
Because doom 2 is one of the best games ever made.
>>
>>318456437
Postal 2 had a chainsaw
>>
>>318456437
Grand Theft Auto series.
>>
>>318461871

Not with all those shitty maps. The new monsters and super shotgun were nice though.
>>
>>318462146
I honestly can't recall any bad maps. Some look like shit in hindsight due to later WADs, but I don't recall any problems playing them.
>>
>>318462746
>implying Doom didn't have a ton of terrible maps
>>
>>318464563
Like what?
>>
>>318464768
THe pit

The Suburbs

The Chasm, Industrial Zone, Downtown, Monster Condo, Barrels o' Fun, O of destruction etc
>>
>>318465543
Other than The Suburbs, I enjoyed all of those levels. The Pit, The Chasm and Monster Condo are actually some of my favorites.
>>
>Killing Floor 2
>Have to use a buzzsaw launcher built off a frame of a lawnmower to saw instead of a proper classic chainsaw
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.