[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JRPGs would've been better off if this shit series never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Final_Fantasy_logo.png (429 KB, 2510x1079) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_logo.png
429 KB, 2510x1079
JRPGs would've been better off if this shit series never existed.

Prove me wrong.
Protip: You can't.
>>
Yeah, because then Dragon Quest might have been popular in the West instead and JRPG fans here might like good games
>>
I'm not even biting, I'm just bumping to see what other people might say.
>>
>>318455802
But Dragon Quest is even worse
>>
>>318455802
gaming would've been better if JRPG's never existed.
>>
>>318456075
this
>>
>>318456119
Spotted the pleb.
>>
>>
>>318455802
JRPGs would have been better if they took inspiration from Megami Tensei instead.
>>
The JRPG boom of the 5th and 6th gen would never have happened without the insane popularity of FFVII, so we most likely wouldn't have gotten some of the best JRPGs of all time. This is particularly true in the west since the success of FF led to a lot more JRPGs being localized. Without it you probably would not have been able to play your favourite JRPG even if it did still exist.

Besides that Squaresoft would've died without Final Fantasy, meaning no Seiken Densetsu, no SaGa, no Chrono Trigger, no Bahamut Lagoon, no Vagrant Story, no Xenogears, no Parasite Eve, no Live A Live, no Threads of Fate, no Brave Fencer Musashi, no Front Mission, no Super Mario RPG, and so on.

I don't know why I took the b8.
>>
File: fffc2f1070122ad2e835ef758e482275.gif (1009 KB, 2637x1810) Image search: [Google]
fffc2f1070122ad2e835ef758e482275.gif
1009 KB, 2637x1810
>>318455802
With out this series you would have role playing games to begin with since it's the game that started the genre of having a group of characters go on an adventure and having the player use the skills of each of the members ROLES to help you advanced through battles and the journey
>>
They wouldn't have had a presence in the US and therefore probably would never have grown at all. Not to mention its insane popularity is what inspired so many others to simply branch out in different directions and make shit-tons of subgenres rather than follow directly in its footsteps and risk being ignored in favor of the much more popular title.
>>
>>318457020
If Megami Tensei got popular instead who knows what kind of insane shit we would have gotten.
>>
>>318457020
>no Seiken Densetsu, no SaGa, no Chrono Trigger, no Bahamut Lagoon, no Vagrant Story, no Xenogears, no Parasite Eve, no Live A Live, no Threads of Fate, no Brave Fencer Musashi, no Front Mission, no Super Mario RPG, and so on.

/thread
>>
>>318457045
You wouldn't*
>>
>>318457298
hell we didn't get a single SMT game until Nocturne came out
>>
>>318456290
He's not wrong though.
>>318457298
Yay for more endless random encounter shit
>>
Final Fantasy lost its way after 7. FF7 took the series in a different direction, and now they keep on pushing these horrible futuristic and modern games with cringeworthy metrosexual main characters.
>>
>>318457045
>Vaan missing on the PS2
>FFXI is in it

Why?
>>
>>318457497
Too controversial, could you imagine the giant shitstorm SMT II would have caused if it came to America in 1994?
>>
>>318455802
JRPGs would've been better off if this shit series ended at V or VI.

Prove me wrong.
Protip: You can't. The unneeded change from 2D to 3D what made the series shit
>>
>>318457508
>Yay for more endless random encounter shit

Literally every old JRPG
>>
>>318457575
That pic came out before Dissidia 12
>>
>>318457298

Maybe. JRPGs would certainly be less casual. But it's kind of irrelevant because it's a massive stretch to say that MegaTen would've become popular if FF wasn't. And it almost definitely wouldn't, because regardless of anything else MegaTen has an incredibly niche appeal, especially the older games in the franchise.

Hell if it wasn't for FF making JRPGs popular in the west, we might never have gotten the PS2 SMTs localized and you might have never played a MegaTen game to begin with.
>>
>>318457707
And now you know why they suck
>>
Man, if FF didn't exist, I probably wouldn't be so into gaming as I am now. I mean that series got me through junior high and high school, through the SNES and PS1 years.

I probably would have moved on from gaming without it. Possibly do better in school, go to a real college. Get a nice job... Maybe... meet someone... start a family...

fuck.
>>
>>318457904
>JRPGs would certainly be less casual
>Persona 4
>>
>futuristic modern games
>FF6
>Cringeworthy metrosexual
>FF4
>>
>>318457618
2D to 3D didn't make the series shit, V to VI did. VI had a completely different design methodology to any FF before it except maybe Mystic Quest.
>>
File: freya.jpg (129 KB, 764x800) Image search: [Google]
freya.jpg
129 KB, 764x800
>>318455802
The only good thing to come out of final fantasy post-vii puck too
>>
>>318458031
>Cecil
>Cringeworthy metrosexual

He's practically He-Man compared to the current crop of protagonists. He actually courted, married, and (as proven by After Years) fucked a woman.
>>
>>318455941
final fantasy was always better thats why its the bigger franchise
>>318455802
debatable
>>
>>318458578
like cloud
>>
>>318458827
>>
>>318455802
If it wasn't Final Fantasy, another franchise would've taken its place and probably have gone and done the same shit that warranted a thread like this.
>>
>>318458960
he and tifa got married and they raise a child together at the end
>>
>There will never be another high fantasy final fantasy game that isn't an MMO or a spin-off.
>>
>>318455802
Fucking please, the same people who like final fantasy are the same nerds who buy all the other jrpgs and they are the main crowd for it.
>>
>>318459143
I never disagreed with you, bubby
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.