[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the year is nearing its end. How has 2015 been so far to you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1351441084752461.jpg (111 KB, 700x523) Image search: [Google]
1351441084752461.jpg
111 KB, 700x523
So the year is nearing its end. How has 2015 been so far to you guys? A good year in vidya? A bad one? Tell me about your experiences with this years vidya geems.

For me its been a year of lies, broken promises, shitty PC ports and cinematic 10-20framerates on consoles. A year of betrayal and a true test of patience.
>witcher 3
Alright, rough around the edges, but good fun.
>MGSV
Lazy unfinished mess where stealth felt limited and somehow "out of place" if that makes any sense. Betrayal of the year
>Fallout 4
mess of a PC port, further watering down and "streamlining", bethesda never changes, no reason to play any bethesda game ever again
>Just cause 3
messy game with pisspoor performance and overall a very "lukewarm" experience
>rainbow six:siege
Overpriced as fuck, but undeniably fun when the matchmaking works. keyword WHEN it works. hopefully it actually works on release
>battlefront
Overpriced, no content, pisspoor shootan game for the true scrublords

And the list goes on. I looked forward to all of these games and many others and got burned one after another. Most fun games were shitty little indie titles that were fun for a few hours and then I had no reason to play them anymore, but atleast they worked and were fun.

2015 was a terrible year and theres no way it suddenly gets good during December, no way. Better luck next year.
>>
>>318455502
>overpriced as fuck

besides the fact that everyone is just assigning a "overprice cause no single player no matter how bad the single player" value to the game, you CAN pick it up for 40$ on GMG, just FYI.

Also, match making was working fine for me last 3 days, only the first day of open beta was it botched

>pc player here - hit level 29 in the open beta and 30 in the closed
>>
I haven't played any of those. I don't have a good PC and I'm not interested in a new console.

I pretty much stopped giving a shit about games this year. I'm hoping next year I'll fall out completely and become normie so I can fix my life.
>>
>>318455502
You also forgot about the great fun that was dying light, rocket league, mad max, and ARK.

But glad you only play the latest TRIPLE AAA TITLE SENPAI.

i do agree most of your list of games were shit though, save witcher 3 and siege.
>>
>>318455642
Its overpriced for a multiplayer only title. Every game that made that mistake ended up being dead within 6months. I do hope it catches wind and survives since Siege is one of the most fun I've had with a shooter, but the pricetag will turn off so many potential buyers.
>>318455651
I need to stop giving a shit about games from here on out. Maybe finally start doing something like... I dunno, go to a film school and learn about making movies, learn how fucking rotten that business is too nowadays and then lose hope on all things in the entertainment business. Maybe go get a haircut and ask the barber to just fuck my shit up, then shoot myself. The future isnt very bright.
>>318455758
Dying light was fun actually. Just one of the many games that I didnt bother listing. It was a very "familiar" game and I had almost zero expectations for it, but I found myself really enjoying it untill the very end. Good times were had. Mad max on the other hand bored me out within the first 10hours. Not really a good one imo. Some good ones this year, most bad ones. I guess things just never change in the vidya industry.
>>
>>318456185
There's a lot of games that are multiplayer only and alive and well. The only game we can speak to that was a resounding failure, was evolve. Everyone pretends like evolve didn't fail for being boring as shit and the worst pay model ever, though.

This is coming from a long time Insurgency and ns2 player, which are games that average 300-3000 people at the most. IE, "dead" by v's shitty standards.

Anyways, "for a mulitplayer only title", as if the single player of these games are the drawing points. The amount of people who buy these games for single player are few and far between, and even if there is 10k more that buy it for single player, by your definition that has no hint that it's going to increase the staying power of multiplayer or not. In fact it doesn't make sense you bring it up.

Price tag or not, seems it will turn off steam players only. Since everyone is getting the game free with a new video card, lots are selling 20$ ~ keys on ebay and GMG is selling the game for 40$ outright. Savvy shoppers will still play.
>>
>>318456491
You could even get the game as low as 19 on plati. I waited it out stupidly so I had to buy it for 30 bucks. Still, I can't remember the time I had so much fun with a game. I hope it won't meet the same fate as titanfall, evolve, etc.
>>
>>318457397
Oh, I forgot about titan fall. I never even played it though, since it was cod clone central.
>>
>>318455502
I'm having tremendous amounts of fun with mordheim

Total war attila was pretty gud too
>>
>Being this negative

I'll be over there enjoying vidya gaems.
>>
>>318455502
kill yourself faggot. Hate retards like you that spend more time hating video games than enjoying them. 2015 is a great year for gaming.
>>
>>318455502
every time I see this image im surprised how little people notice the xboxhueg spider at the top
>>
File: 3.gif (1 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
1 MB, 350x196
>>318455502
>games not released
>pisspoor performance
>lukewarm experience

Why do all the famous youtubers and developers post on /v/
>>
File: wtf.png (24 KB, 279x296) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
24 KB, 279x296
what is this head shape?
>>
Eh, its been okay/10. I've thoroughly enjoyed a few of the big releases despite their flaws (Witcher 3, Bloodborne), and had fun with some less noteworthy games (Hand of Fate, Undertale, Transformers, Onechanbara, LBX, Xenoverse). The only thing I could call a disappointment is Arkham Knight, but I wasn't exactly dying to play that game. I had fun with Asylum and City but was fully content to wait for Knight to be on a heavy discount before getting it. I probably just won't get it at this point, which doesn't bother me too much.

Admittedly I've only played like ten new games this year because most of the bigger releases (MGSV, Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, and so on) don't really interest me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.