[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.revivalgame.com Anyone checked this out yet? Seems neat.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 20150112043920a0dzpzz0qzy53kxa.jpg (56 KB, 1686x1029) Image search: [Google]
20150112043920a0dzpzz0qzy53kxa.jpg
56 KB, 1686x1029
https://www.revivalgame.com

Anyone checked this out yet? Seems neat.
>>
Philosophy Features Schedule Store About Blog Community
Sign In Register
NEWSLETTER
Sign In Register
Revival logo

Philosophy Features Schedule Store About Blog Community
Frame corner brFrame corner brFrame corner brFrame corner brTl frame deco verticalTl frame decoTr frame deco verticalTr frame decoBl frame deco verticalBl frame decoBr frame deco verticalBr frame deco
GAME DESIGN THEORY PREV NEXT
Finding the way isn’t as easy as it seems...
When we began discussing Revival internally, we were stricken by the state of MMORPGs today and the way they had, in our eyes, strayed from the course. We vowed then that we would not make the same mistakes and that we would bring back (“revive”) what was lost, but what does that really mean?
Gdt 001
The Rule of World
First and foremost, it means that nothing that goes into Revival can detract from the experience of being in Theleston, the world of Revival. Don’t mistake us; Revival is a game and there will be some systems that “feel gamey,” but given the choice between two potential features, systems or mechanics, we will always prefer the one that makes the game world feel more like a real place, however fantastic. This isn’t a game where you’ll find “Level 12 Blade Lords.” Instead, it’s a world where you’ll meet other people and they will possess skills they worked to cultivate, be they combat skills, crafting skills or something else. You’ll know a Blade Lord by the way he or she wields a sword, not by the words hovering over their heads or the specific outfit being worn. The real world doesn’t work that way and neither does Revival.
>>
A what now?
>>
With the Rule of World as our guiding principle we establish a tangible, credible, world, but that’s not enough. If the world is a stage for grand adventures to play out upon, then the feeling of a world depends just as critically on the adventures themselves. The most striking issue with MMOs of today is the static nature of the content. Even when MMOs offer “dynamic” content, they often actually mean that they add a set of new quests for a while and then remove them later. They tend to be more of the same - more grinding for more items to use in your standard day to day slog. Often the content in these games, newly added or not, all feels the same. This is simply not enough for Revival.
Revival is a game where story develops out of the interaction between player and game devs, not a world where we devs present a story to the players. Presenting the classic “Railroad adventure” detracts not only from the sense of there being a world, but it also takes away from the sense that the players can make a difference in the world. Thus, all of our content and the systems that support them are built to make interactive and emergent content. Where other MMOs offer public quests, we offer adventures that not only respond to the player’s actions in the moment, but leave their nigh indelible mark upon the world.
>>
>>318452861
Fug, that's what I get for posting from mobile.
>>
Mother fucking cthulu and ritual magic. God damn.
>>
Seems like theyre promising the world.

How far along is development?
>>
Like what I've read so far sign me up for the beta
>>
So this is a MMO?
>>
>Crafting minigames
>settlements in the world require crafted materials

Sounds neat
>>
Sounds like a load of horse shit.
>>
So many buzzwords on that site, it's giving me a headache.

This shit's like Crowfall? Promises everything so nostalgic idiots will latch onto it?
>>
Looks interes-
>MMO
Dropped
>>
>>318456551
Lol, same here.

> "Enter Age to continue: "
ug, enter and click

still can't find a to-the-point description....

scroll all the way down.

> Revival is the rebirth of the player-driven, sandbox, fantasy role-playing world. Player agency, world persistence, and absolutely zero compromises are the cornerstones of our quest for a living, persistent, dark fantasy role-playing world. Revival is much more than a game. It is, in fact, an ongoing drama where each and every player has an opportunity to enjoy a starring role. Revival is our effort to revive the promise of the virtual world, and bring back a truly open-world sandbox role-playing experience.

christ, could you truly be talking much more out of your ass in an ongoing fashion?

click Read More
> Contrary to appearances, Revival is not a typical MMORPG (ala WoW or Everquest.)

stopped reading
>>
> viral marketing on /v/

fuck off
>>
was interested until i read it's first person.

dropped.

so fucking tired of fps mmo clones. i need my third person for immersion.
>>
It promises A LOT. And if it were deliver on those promises it'd be a legendary game. But I really doubt it will deliver.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.