[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if throughout MGSV you controlled various random members
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
What if throughout MGSV you controlled various random members of DD on missions. You ACTUALLY watch BB's downfall and in the end all the shit "you" (Diamond Dogs) do is credited to the legend that is Big Boss. That way Kojima could have had his "you are big boss" and the whole legends getting out of control thing without a Shyamalan tier shitty twist.
>>
Anything would be better because what we got is shit. Kojima was just not on the ball and his ideas for this game shouldn't be entertained.

The best way they could have done it would be to simply deliver the game that was advertised.
>>
>>318448974
How to fix ending:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IirzkXO3htA
>>
>>318449701
>The best way they could have done it would be to simply deliver the game that was advertised.

No, going by that logic MGS2 was a failure.

MGSVs biggest shortcomings come from the open world structure, Fulton/basebuilding and the lack of interesting Bosses. Fix that and you have a half-decent Stealth Game.
>>
>>318448974
>>318449701
apart from being unfinished, MGSV (and its twist) fixed virtually every continuity problem in the series. fuck off with your meme.
>>
>>
I'd have rather had Big Boss simply stay a legend instead of several shitty prequels that do nothing but explain shit we didn't need to know while also complicating what we already knew.

But MGSV's issues stem from a lot more than just the twist. The narrative in general is a mess, and so are the game design and presentation.
>>
>>318450864
But there's no actual end to Chapter 2

[/spoiler]The fuck happened to Sahelantropus
>>
>>318450864
But sahelantropus tho
>>
>>318450864
it didn't fix shit, it could hardly form a coherent sentence
>>
>>318451023
>The narrative in general is a mess
Correct.

>and so are the game design
*yawn*

Game design can hold on its own actually, without it this would've been the worst MGS game in the hands of Kojima. The major complaints of the game comes from casuals who care more about the story of a MGS game.

>people complain about MGS4 for its long cutscene
>Kojima heard and focused on the gameplay
>people complain about lack of story and horrible direction
>Kojima walks away

Don't see any problem with it, I would've done the same.
>>
>>318450864
It didn't "fix" much of anything. Big Boss being alive in MG2 wasn't a continuity problem in 1990 and it wasn't in 2015. He survived because he survived. Good enough.

And the Miller/Big Boss melodrama it introduces feels frankly bizarre when considered in context with the older games. It's jarring and out of place, especially since Big Boss's future asshole behavior is more than enough to make Miller reconsider his relationship with the guy. And you also have things like what it does with Liquid and Psycho Mantis. Did Liquid encounter the real Big Boss later? I find it mildly hard to believe he never found out Venom wasn't the real Big Boss, if not.

And on top of the weird elements it introduces into the greater continuity the story itself is total dogshit every step of the way.
>>
>>318448974
The twist doesn't work because there is no downfall. Venom and Kaz act like they're same good guy mercs from MSF. Perfect opportunity to do something interesting and have BB stay as the dindu do nuffin poster boy and it was wasted. People wanted sacrifices and to see Venom go through tough decisions. The only well done part was Huey and a big credit of that goes to Randolph for making him sound so pathetic.
>>
>>318448974
I'm happy with what we got, so no thanks. I'm sorry babbies that started with 2-4 are upset by the lack of cutscenes and hallways. V is excellent.
>>
>>318451949
>*yawn*
Okay, hoss.

And just because some of MGSV's issues stem from complaints toward previous games doesn't make them any less problematic. I didn't complain about the lack of story. I complained that the story was bad and also poorly presented. That has nothing to do with MGS4's cut scenes and everything to do with MGSV being poorly thought-out in many respects.
>>
>>318452310
If you didn't think the backlash he gotten in MGS4 didn't have any affect on him while working on MGSV then your delusional. I agree that he had bad direction and horrible plot points, but like I said in my previous post the gameplay of it keeps the game afloat and stands strong with it's previous counterparts.
>>
>>318453043
I didn't say it didn't affect him. I even conceded that some of the decisions that resulted in MGSV's issues might stem from complaints toward previous entries.

That doesn't mean that MGSV doesn't have a poorly presented story, though. It does. As a player and as a fan of the series I don't really care why Kojima Productions made the decisions that they did. As a critic I'm only acknowledging that those decisions did not work very well.

And I think the gameplay is pretty weak, save for a few missions.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-01-03h48m45s276.png (302 KB, 720x560) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-01-03h48m45s276.png
302 KB, 720x560
>>318452310
>>
>>318450693
>le open world is bad meme

jesus christ i wish you faggots would die
>>
>>318453802
The concept itself is not bad, but the way its delivered in MGSV is probably the worst way to ever do it (compare it to games lie Stalker or GTA which Kojima cited specifically as an inspiration). And ultimately it was unnecessary for the game.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>318453043
The gameplay does not stand strong with its previous counterparts.
The hold-up/gunplay is better in 2, camo and arguably CQC are better in 3, and the controls are vastly superior in 4.

Also,
>he gotten
>your delusional
>it's previous
Stay in school, son.
>>
>>318452067
>have BB stay as the dindu do nuffin poster boy
This is ultimately sort of impossible, since the game that defines Big Boss (MG2) clearly depicts him as a total douche, and so do other games.

I agree with the rest, though. There isn't any payoff to any of it. Venom just smirks and punches a mirror and does the same shit Big Boss himself would've done, give or take.
>>
>>318451949
>*yawn*
Fuck off to reddit.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.