[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He was a true patriot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
He was a true patriot.
>>
>>318448397
This man single handedly destroyed more lives by proxy than Hitler & Stalin combined. The blood from those Koreans dying in internet cafes are on his hands. gg nr.
>>
>thread is dead about the person who made the hobby of the board come alive
>whereas unrelated death threads were packed

Good job guys
>>
>>318448397
o7

A great man. Game informer did an interview with him a few months ago, he was disappointed because he wouldn't live to see where video games develop.
>>
>>318448994
>2014
Gurd jerb fagit
>>
>>318449171
Oh.

Carry on then
>>
>>318449150
>a few months ago
>article was from a year ago
? ? ?
>>
>>318448994
He died a year ago dingus
>>
>>318448994
>Ralph

This doesn't sound very Japanese to me
>>
>>318448994

Most of /v/ thinks Nintendo invented vidya.
>>
>>318448397
F
>>
F
>>
>>318448397
What about Space War?
>>
>>318448397
RIP
>>
>>318449335
>they interviewed a ghost and didn't even know
Ruh roh.
>>
>>318448397
F
>>
F
>>
>>318448397
>wanted to make my own radio show about video games
>get the approval of a local station
>have to come up with initial funds myself
>pre-Kickstarter
>Ralph Baer agrees to set up a time with me to do an over-the-phone interview about his contributions to the industry
>Willing Sponsors: 0
>entire thing falls through
>station ceases communication with me
>Ralph Baer dies two years later

Rest In Peace, you brave soul.
>>
File: slowpoke.png (12 KB, 312x295) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
12 KB, 312x295
you guys Michael Jackson died
>>
>>318448397
F
>>
File: 1296376178710.jpg (34 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
1296376178710.jpg
34 KB, 350x400
>>318453790
WHAT
>>
>>318448994
Somebody would have done it sooner or later. Why does it matter who it was?
>>
literally

w h o
h
o
>>
File: slowpoke.png (209 KB, 964x706) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
209 KB, 964x706
>>
I wonder how he felt? Must be very overwhelming to be the creator of an industry, a big industry at that. To see how games evolved from something so simple to the point that we now have games simulating space flight, or economies and photorealistic graphics.

Kinda wish I was him.
>>
>>318448397

Ralph Baer didn't actually invent videogames. The first videogame was a ping-pong game "Tennis for two" created for a laboratory oscilloscope in 1958 by physicist William Higinbotham.

Baer was the first to suggest using a television, I believe, and he did do a lot of work but he wasn't really the first.
>>
>>318448994
We had threads when it actually happened you slowpoke faggot, sorry you just started coming here this year
>>
>>318454858

>tfw you live 3 miles away from Brookhaven Labs

That place is crazy weird. Between This, Hadron Colliders, and the whole alien crash conspiracy in the 90s.

I remember my friend got really pissed during an argument with me about Mechs. I said a walking mecha like REX or ones seen in Mech Warrior would be more efficient that bipedal human-shaped mechs seen in Pacific Rim and Evangelion, because the latter would literally rip themselves apart from inertia.

He called up Brookhaven Labs and asked to speak with a fucking structural engineer to get a professional opinion

The engineer agreed with me
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.