[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you like it, /v/? When it was released no one ever talked about it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: sleepingdogs_boxart_pc.jpg (1 MB, 1533x2163) Image search: [Google]
sleepingdogs_boxart_pc.jpg
1 MB, 1533x2163
Did you like it, /v/?
When it was released no one ever talked about it
>>
It's really good. Better than any GTA by far
>>
>>318445169
I think it's great.
>>
One of the few open world games I liked
>>
>>318445169
Really relaxing to play, some of the environments are nice to just walk around in. Parkour's okay, combat works, minigames are cute, story is functional. It's amazing how much just tacking a "ram" button onto the driving made it so much better than standard fare for driving in sandbox games.
>>
I remember we talked about it a lot.
>>
File: 191231.jpg (121 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
191231.jpg
121 KB, 1024x1024
>>318447072
I must have been too busy playing it
>>
It's really fucking good; better than any of GTA's attempts at the same formula. It's ambitious, but restrained enough that what it does do, it does well. For example, the decision to leave guns for the late-game makes up for the guns not being great.
The DLC was tacked-on, though, and I think it really needed a sequel for the brand to stick. Didn't happen, unfortunately.

The setting is immersive and realistic to such a high degree that it's real easy to find yourself cruising around, cursing at pedestrians in Cantonese and looking for a Guanyi fucktoy to eat pork buns with. If you're me, anyway. I should really make a gag let's play of it some time.
>>
Biggest thing I remember is the voice acting was fucking top notch. Never have I heard a character in a game scream in pain and have it sound so legit.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>318446936
>Open world
>Can only acces roads and can't climb or fly on top of buildings, essentially making the game flat and 1000x smaller than the smallest GTA game.

It was an ok game, but not open world at all.
>>
>they advertised the game with emma stone a lucy liu despite both being shitty bone off characters

funny how they made emma stones character into a slut who wanted chink dick

but on topic, i enjoyed it and >>318446939 is right on most counts. they really tried to make the hong kong feel more alive then say just cause and saints row
>>
>>318448159

You don't just redefine what open world is you fucking idiot.
>>
>>318448256
I was mostly amused by the fact that I didn't actually know if Emma Stone was supposed to be white or an Asian girl from America.
>>
>>318445169
I loved it. I would recommend it but all my friends own it already. The dlc that adds story are also good, fuck the costume dlc.
>>
>>318445169
It's a neat GTA clone with some alright BamHam combat, but some of the things just feel shallow, like the dating side stories that are like 1 to 2 short missions tops
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.